Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 by cnet128 , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What do you like about Shingeki no Kyoujin, and what convinced you that it's worth reading?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you like about Shingeki no Kyoujin, and what convinced you that it's worth reading?

realistic character development (jean), mystery behind world of titans in general since all we were given is that mankind now lives in walls due to 107 years ago blah blah blah, possible political internal agenda regarding titans, and just a sense of mystery, doom, and wtfs everywhere.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ForMotherRussia's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you like about Shingeki no Kyoujin, and what convinced you that it's worth reading?

It reminded me of the standard zombie-horror scenarios.
    The thing is, we got used to zombies due to lots of references in the media. Now, the human (or inhuman) giants acting like zombies is FAR more scary.
    The whole idea of a strange creature eating humans is not new, but the fact that these creatures are not the dead corpses, but human-like beings that resemble a person is damn scary. Eating humans just for the sake of it, have a HUGE difference in brute strenght compared to humans, having a weak point that is incredibly hard to reach, overwhelming humans in numbers, this places this story on a whole different level.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the point.
    SnK story is simply ORIGINAL.
    You can find other sci-fi horror/gore/zombie/monsters story but in SnK case you can say: "SAME PLANET BUT A DIFFERENT WORLD" if you can get it ;D

Obv SnK can't miss some shonen stereotypes but they are quite a few and a lot less than in any other shonen I read.
    Also this is the reason cuz I HOPE that success (by Anime and merchandising) will never change the author mind about how to develop SnK story...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy looking at humans being eaten...

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Georgie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post
    Obv SnK can't miss some shonen stereotypes but they are quite a few and a lot less than in any other shonen I read.
    Also this is the reason cuz I HOPE that success (by Anime and merchandising) will never change the author mind about how to develop SnK story...
    I hope so too. Those few fanservice-y art already out make me rage. So I hope that the story doesn't go to crap.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner YipYip's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I watched the Anime first and the desperate atmosphere and mystery caught me.
    I dont think the story will be very original in the end, I guess it willl be somethink like: Some(one) tried to become god, or are/is still trying.
    But it is fun thinking what else it could be and I hope it will be mind blowing.

Oh and I really loved the scene where Erens guards, who all were extreme pros at surviving and fighting titans, just got killed off in an epic fight. no resurrection.
    Just like in Game Of Thrones u get attached to some characters and then they die.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3