Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: What is your choice?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stationary Troops, the first line of defense

8 28.57%
  • Scouting Legion, the hope of survival

17 60.71%
  • Police Force, the keepers of peace

1 3.57%
  • Not the military...royalty pretty please?

2 7.14%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which branch or the military would you have joined? Would you have joined at all?

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Which branch or the military would you have joined? Would you have joined at all?

This is a question that touches the core of the manga...but it would be interesting if we would be in the same situation right?

The title of the thread asks it all...what would be your choice?

I'm gonna respectfully decline to answer the question though
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member vampire killer's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which branch or the military would you have joined? Would you have joined at all?

Scouting Legion!! Time to kick some titans a#s

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Yuunuen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which branch or the military would you have joined? Would you have joined at all?

being sincere , the stationary troops ^^U

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Scouting Legion

I mean, the way I see it wall troops are just sitting around with no idea when the battle comes to them. Scouting legion gets out there and finds the battle themselves. Sure, your probably going to die horribly at some point but who wants to live forever anyway. Might as well just get out there and do something.

Besides, to quote a little Shakespeare..

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, the brave die but once."

--------------------------------------------------

Though in the interest of full disclosure, I'm not super fond of heights so I'd be very interested in any part of the scouting legion that doesn't require swinging around hundreds of feet off the ground like a crazy circus performer; because that does not seem in any way enjoyable....

But if it's that or standing around on top a giant wall...sign me up for the crazy circus act.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 11, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Which branch or the military would you have joined? Would you have joined at all?

i have to say it's quite unique the belts...so scouting would be my choice.
    but with the titans...anything mythological gets me...being half greek and all.love this kind of shit...feels like gantz in the beginning.can't wait to read the rest...only up to chap10.
    Last edited by gnut; March 11, 2012 at 08:27 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Olm's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to say Scouting Legion, as I like getting to the point of things, instead of holding off the inevitable.

Only problem would be members of the family, and leaving them behind >.< But I doubt I would/could join the military with that.

So -if- I were to join the military at all, it would indeed be the scouting legion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For me... I would join the Scouting Legion. I wouldn't wan't to hide behind some wall knowing that Titans are just going to bust it down one day anyways lol.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't join military. Don't want to be a royality either. Probably would be a normal citizen, would be glad to live inside the walls and not in towns. However i admire the stationary troops quite as much as the scouting ones. They seems like unsung heroes to me. Royal guards on the other seems to be less honorable and quite dubious. Serving king, a man is never an idea of honor to me.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I registered just to answer this question. I chose Stationary Troops, because it is both where I can do the most good, and also where I have the most realistic chance of survival. I can do more good here because I will be the guy who trains hard, who practices with the cannon daily (in fact, nearly every waking hours) until I can aim and load it within 3 seconds and hit the base of the neck of a titan in first shot (the pomegranate shot will vastly simplify this task, just aim exactly at the neck, and the natural dipping of the projectile and the spread will do the rest for you). I love the art and science of ballistics anyway, so it's almost a hobby to train. My obsessive training (while not being arrogant about it) will inspire other in the stationary troops to train, since as long as I'm not being a prick, people would enjoy the friendly competition. That over time will make the defense stronger in general, which increases my chance of survival once d-day comes. Finally, and most importantly, I believe that cannons are the true answer to the titan menace, not the 3DMG. Normal pom shots already go through titan flesh with ease, so hitting the nape of the neck from the front is quite feasible for normal titans. For the smart titans that can selectively harden its body, just use armour piercing shots. Mount a cannon on a sturdy cart, and you got mobile artillery.

Oh, and one final thought, even the collossal titan will never anticipate that there is one squadron on the wall who have their cannons all preloaded and pre aimed to cover a range of angles, and then can precisely adjust the aim and fire within 1-3 seconds, and have a 90% probability of hitting the nape of the neck from the front, first shot. Hopefully a few years after I joined the stationary troops, it will not only be my squad, but every squad on the wall, who can do this. The extreme quality of the stationary troops is something that most likely will not filter back to the top brass of the kingdom either, so even with the conspiracy theory of titans being the product of the royalty themselves, the plan of "surprised cannon" would still work.
    Last edited by hamlet123; August 26, 2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: more idea

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

will ill choose the scouting legion,, ill better die first than, see my friends and families dies first thats kind of depressing hehehe

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to say the scouting legion but I'm too much of a coward to do that. D; I would choose the police force, but seeing how much of the royalty people are ass-holes, I would hate to be with them, so my choice would be the stationary troops. They don't really do much, like me, and if I were to join any sort of military it would be that one.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

If all the walls are broken, the safest place is probably on those walls. So yeah, I know my limits - Stationary Troops it is.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Being in the stationary troops is more than just shooting cannons from the wall. When a wall gets breached, they defend the retreat of civilians. (e.g. what happened after the wall was breached a second time) That is not particularly safe though safer than engaging titans in possibly non-advantageous territory like the scouting legion does.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If I received training then I'll go with the Scouting Legion, otherwise the Police.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Being in the stationary troops is more than just shooting cannons from the wall. When a wall gets breached, they defend the retreat of civilians. (e.g. what happened after the wall was breached a second time) That is not particularly safe though safer than engaging titans in possibly non-advantageous territory like the scouting legion does.
    Note that I said "if all the walls are broken".

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast