Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: What is your choice?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stationary Troops, the first line of defense

8 28.57%
  • Scouting Legion, the hope of survival

17 60.71%
  • Police Force, the keepers of peace

1 3.57%
  • Not the military...royalty pretty please?

2 7.14%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which branch or the military would you have joined? Would you have joined at all?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which branch or the military would you have joined? Would you have joined at all?

Quote Originally Posted by pming View Post
    Note that I said "if all the walls are broken".
    Then you'd die of starvation.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which branch or the military would you have joined? Would you have joined at all?

Okay, time to revive another old thread, just to say my opinion...

I would go for the Police Force, yep, I do, definitely, I mean it's a job where you can be someone good and get a nice life (Yes, I'm half Marco, half-Jean). If I get to live during the events of the manga.

And if I failed I would to get to the top ten, it would be either the time to join the Survey Crops (drop out of the military and be a normal farmer or something simple), or if I'm a tiny bit talented : it would be the "scooting" legion for the fun of flying with my fancy-steampunkish-spiderman-ninja-spinning device while trying to avoid some giant-(carbon based ?)-naked-really-hungry dudes to chew on my body parts.
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sigma's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd join the technical squad which I believe is a part of the Stationary Guard. Doing R&D for new weapons would be fun and I'd try and strike a deal with Hange's research group to do live weapons tests on captured titans.

That being said, I think the MP have the coolest jackets.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Scouting Legion, work hard, die hard.

As for other options, we can't overlook the fact that life behind wall is generally poor and boring, the romantic dream of simply doing what you like to do is not certain.
    Stationary troops aren't poor, but still boring, if one can see this as a lazy day job, then stationary troop is not too bad.
    Police Force is the stupidest choice there is, those who choose this are either mindless conformists or power-thrusting people, like Eren, I hate these people. I also can't imagine life either backstabbing each other or don't know what the hell I am doing. Even so, consider the fact that Police Force is an entry to meet the rich, it has to be a good choice, a first-class citizen man.

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    i have to say it's quite unique the belts...so scouting would be my choice.
    but with the titans...anything mythological gets me...being half greek and all.love this kind of shit...feels like gantz in the beginning.can't wait to read the rest...only up to chap10.
    Yes, feels like Gantz, fight the hardest you can but still have like only 60% chance to survive, there are time limit and *uncertainty* too. That's the feeling that only an intense sport game can approximate.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

The Stationary troops. I'd show those idealistic idiots who hate the walls that they are not cages (not entirely I mean), but a huge strategic advantage we have over the Titans. I'd join a sub-branch of the ST that deals with strategies and/or the improvement of cannons and/or the invention of new weapons (there is one, probably), because I'm good at these things.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ArmoredTitan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Scouting Legion...... I have imagined myself killing those shitty titans.....
    return home to village? ME GUSTA

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

I would join the SL for sure since I was a Scout/Sniper for the 101st Airborne IRL so SL would defiantly be for me.

Now that I think of it if we had to fight titans in this day and age the 101st would be the best to beat them since we can just repel out of helicopters with swords and cut their necks .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Scouting Legion. Definitly the legion.
    But I don´t want to die either...
    Maybe I just sign up as Hanji´s assistant.
    Maybe some of her insane survivor luck spreads to the people around here...since she interacts on titans on a unhealthy basis.
    Yes...scouting research assistant.
    Not foolish enough to die first, not helpless enough to die fast.
    the best of two worlds.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I would be suited for the military in any scenario. Now, the context of the manga is indeed quite special for this sort of thing. Being within the wall, technology at best made out of steam punk wet dreams, the death of 20% of humanity over the past 5 years.... Its not the sort of world where there are many opportunities and without those the military is always a good opportunity to not starve and have a moderately stable income. I mean, imagine the kids who survived the first wall breach. The world changed dramatically overnight, parents died and the world became a more unforgiving place. Its not even about actual fulfillment anymore, its about survival. Eren and co displayed it a tad different because the military was always their goal but that will hardly be the mentality of the rest. Anyways, I don't think I am the sort of guy that would find much fulfillment in the military or serving the motherland and whatnot... Scouting legion would be out of the question for me. For me the military would be more of a step in between things, a way to move forward. The death rates at the scouting legion are for lunatics, heroes, people with a death wish (even with all the things said about being capable of making sacrifices and whatnot) and overall not suited for someone with a more long term approach to things. So that leaves the military police and stationary guard. The stationary guard does not seem to do much most of the time safe for fixing the wall and firing the cannons so it is not a particularly appealing group. Being outside the inner walls also has its issues. Moving over a larger area over more rural locations would make it easier for it to be a more permanent menial job so to speak. So that leaves the military police. They live within the wealthier district, it is a safer area and it is overall where the best opportunities might appear for a better future. Even if it does not work out that way the military police still has a better standing than the stationary guard.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not at all suited for military but I'm even less suited to be royalty, so Stationary Guard I think. If I could, I'd want to get into some kind of titan research or combat strategy-related department and maybe work my way up from there. (In fact, if it was somehow guaranteed I could work full-time as part of Zoë's or another's research division, I'd probably choose the Scouting Legion just for that...)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sigma's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    I'd join a sub-branch of the ST that deals with strategies and/or the improvement of cannons and/or the invention of new weapons (there is one, probably), because I'm good at these things.
    That would be the Technical Squad that was mentioned a couple of times. Eren suggested that Armin join since it would make use of his intelligence. They're also the ones responsible for creating the spike wall trap that was used during the operation to plug the hole and the Trost clean up.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2