Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Figures/Collections/Merchandise

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member majinjeb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Figures/Collections/Merchandise

Yeah, I've given up trying to find the stuff here, so I just order from websites. The figure looks good, but if I'm spending that much on one figure, I want it to be one of my favorites.

---------- Post added May 01, 2012 at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was April 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM ----------

My roommate is out of town, so I decided to take over the dining room table to take some pics. For some reason photobucket flipped the pictures randomly, so I'm just going to leave it like that I get some free time to mess with it.

These are the alternate covers that come with the compilation books (I have 1-3 right now).

Spoiler show

These are the English volumes 1-27, the Japanese volumes 28-30, the Japanese data book, compilation books 1-3, piano sheet music, a pocket watch, 24 of the 25 mini figures (Kuroro is the 25th/secret). I have the Japanese volumes 1-27 as well, but they are in storage with all my other manga (last time I went I grabbed the English volumes so I could reread them).

Spoiler show

I can't wait for new figures to come out.

And last Otakon I ran into a Killua cosplayer:

Spoiler show

This got the gears cranking and I've been trying to figure out a cosplay to do from HxH.
    "Until now... I got through it well. I managed to come back from the edge of hell several times. You can say it develops a kind of intuition, And what that intuition tells me now, is... This... is where I'll die." -Squala

"The hopelessness was suffocating. I loved it." -Cinnabar

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

omg, thank you so much! is there any way you can scan in some of the color pages from the first chapter? i've searched for a long time but have never come across scans online.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean Chapter 1 from the compilation? The best I can do is take a picture with my phone (which I did for those).
    "Until now... I got through it well. I managed to come back from the edge of hell several times. You can say it develops a kind of intuition, And what that intuition tells me now, is... This... is where I'll die." -Squala

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really want to buy those compilation volumes but right now I'm kinda broke lol.

I originally posted this in the hangout thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    This is my Hunter x Hunter collection!

Spoiler show
    I have to buy this figure
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Netero; May 01, 2012 at 07:02 PM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Netero

Very nice collection. I was debating on getting the DVDs, but sinc the OVAs never got released, I just didn't want them. As for the compilations... I just found out Gantz is coming out with compiations as well (which come with alternate covers). I want to get them but I haven't found anywhere to buy them. Gantz is also getting a 1000 page compilation book, but the price was $200+...

And the Killua figure looks awesome, but personally I don't want to spend that much on Killua (Netero, Ging, Hisoka, on the other hand...)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by majinjeb View Post
    Do you mean Chapter 1 from the compilation? The best I can do is take a picture with my phone (which I did for those).
    This works too!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Popo All for you

I just got the 4th compilation today, so I figured I'd take some more pictures. I still don't know why photobucket is flipping my images (after pasting the links it looks like most are upside down...). Let me know if this is what you wanted... or if you need the link to my photobucket (I haven't tested to see if other people can get to it from the images).

And I think there might be doubles... I did that because I saw a glare when taking the picture.

Spoiler show

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Foreva's Avatar
    Country
    North Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

That compilation volume 1 looks better than the tankoubon verson. I'm wondering if all ~ 800 pages of it are tricolor or only the first chapter is? I hate hard-copies but if they color every single page then I may consider buying these volumes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for sounding like an idiot ,but what exactly is a compilation book? The cover looks really good though on those book.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The compilation books are basically a compilation of significant chapters of a series, featuring lower quality pages with bigger dimensions (magazine quality) but at the same time including the series' colour pages. They're usually released when the series they belong too has an anime. They're sort of like something made for people who want to catch up with the series.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

HunterXHunter Soushuuhen (Compilation) Treasure volumes contain not just the most important chapters, they have all the chapters. At least when reading the 5 soushuu volumes I have I didn't notice missing pages or lines compared to when I read tanko volumes... (well, I didn't search specifically for them, though).

The printing quality is about the tanko level (black is smooth without white dots), and pics are their original size (that is, about twice bigger than tanko), thus small details are more visible... the paper qulity is lower than that of tanko, but it's alright. And there're a few special pages per volume with sections like Hunter center, Hunter mission, profiles, etc. I actually found some new (well, for me, at least) little tidbits when reading those sections, like Bisuke being Netero's disciple, Kuroro not just liking but also collecting ancient books, etc. Even the correlation between nen type and nen user's personality coined by Hisoka is presented in an expanded way.
    Spoiler show

Come to think of it, I have a feeling the diagram of relationships within the Zoldyck family looked a bit different in my soushuu volume...

Well, anyway, I actually like my soushuu editions better than my tankos, haha. But it's probably not a very good idea to read them for the first time readers who know nothing beforehand because vol.1, for example, spoils the 12 Zodiacs in the explanation of how the Hunter Association works and there's a panel with Leorio using his nen ability, vol.2 spoils many things about the Genei Ryodan, the list goes on.

And while I'm at it, did anyone see the original image of the one below from the time where it was published in SJ magazine? This was a pic for the second popularity poll, I think (this one is a scan from soushuu edition vol.4)
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by fanatik; May 03, 2012 at 06:14 AM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, all that information? I wish there was a translation somewhere, I'm definitely interested into knowing more detailed Nen types according to Hisoka and family chart from the Zoldycks.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Hisoka's classification on the pic above basically goes like this:
    Spoiler show

18. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fanatik View Post
    Well, Hisoka's classification on the pic above basically goes like this:
    Spoiler show
    Aw man, I wish I had seen these transaltions of hisoka's ratings, cause I found a different translation that may have screwed me over XD but then again, it could work itself out.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, that means I'm not Materialization as I thought but instead I'm more likely Emission or Manipulation. Which sucks, since I never thought in a technique involving those Hatsus xD
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast