Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who will arrive at ground zero first?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raizel and Frankenstien (also possibly Seira and Regis)

1 33.33%
  • The Red-head and Scarface (also possibly Yuri)

0 0%
  • Yontsu, behold the power of the automobile!

2 66.67%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 225 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 225 Review

I can't really think of much to put up here this week so I'm going to do a Manhwa recommendation. Basically mention a series I came across and why it might be worth your time. The one I want to throw out there for you consideration is...

Spoiler:  Girls of the Wild's show

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Frontal assaults, the manly way to do battle.

This week starts out with Yontsu speeding towards the battle downtown in her car, while getting briefed on the situation. She takes charge and orders a 2 kilometer area around the battle cordoned off. Then she issues a more interesting order, the evacuation of all agents from the KSA. It seems she cleverly realized that Cerberus and the KSA's relationship is about to go downhill fast

Things shift back to Tao who is face to face with the Troll(who may be named Kutai). He quickly explains to the others that he has decided to shut off his mic and trying to deal with the Troll himself. Takeo and M-21 want to object but they have problems of their own. The Troll and he have a rather friendly conversation, where the troll asks questions andTao gives vague answers, then they jump right into combat. Tao uses some traps and lands a few attacks but the Troll overwhelms him easily; and fires, what appear to be, lasers out of his palms.

Things are going equally badly for M-21 and Takeo as they takes on the Rasta-Douche(who may be named Ked). Since transforming M-21's opponent seems to have gained power, speed, and a level of toughness that makes Takeo sniper rounds completely ineffective. It doesn't take long for M-21 to take a direct hit from one of the Rasta-douches punches. Takeo reacts by moving up and help but things are looking grim.

Meanwhile, back at Frankenstein's house. Raizel notices that Tao, Takeo, and M-21 are late. Frankenstein tries to avoid telling his master the truth but Raizel sees right through him and asks for an "honest answer". Frankenstein hesitantly tells Raizel everything that's going on, that they went to rescue some KSA agents and that they are likely fighting Cerberus now. Raizel rises from his chair. Frankestien tries to convince him not to go but Raizel simply says that M-21, Tao, and Takeo have chosen to fight in order to defend the lives they have build for themselves here and that he feels compelled to do the same. Raizel is headed to the battlefield.

Chapter Review

So...as I was saying, no more frontal assaults.

Substance
    We got a bit more of a feel for Cerberus transformed this week. Clearly the jump in power is significant, even if Tao wasn't otherwise occupied I'm not at all sure they could win against the Rasta-douche alone. Granted the RK-3 have a few trump cards left(the pills for one) but it seems likely to me that these guys are just too much for them; mainly because they just can't hit hard enough to bring him down.

By far the most interesting thing this week is that Raizel is headed out to fight again. Every-time he uses his power his vitality is diminished, and it seems like he just doesn't have many fights left in him, but once more he's showing that he does not care about any of that. Frankenstein may be terrified of his master's death but Raizel shows no concern about prolonging his life.

With this move, I think Yontsu can probably write off downtown as a loss because when Raizel, a pissed off Frankenstein, Tao, Takeo, M-21, Ked, Kutai, Scarface, The Redhead, Yontsu, Yuri, and possibly Seira and Regis all collide that's not going to be a battle; that's going to be a cataclysm.

Presentation
    The combat art was perfect this week. None of the problems with the vague background work that were present the last few weeks. I felt like I knew who was where and what they were doing; and as an added bonus they all looked awesome doing it. All the little touches were there too, from a hint of motion blur in Yontsu's car to express how fast she's going to the way the bullet raining down on the Rasta-douche were changed to make it look like they were deflecting rather than impacting, just great work across the board.

An additional thing that makes me like this chapter even more is how unconventional a move it is within this story arc. You see a lot of big battles in comics but rarely do you see a battle like this one. It started small, just a couple of super-powered dicks trying to harass a guy for their own amusement but it just kept snowballing. First the RK-3 showed up, then the Troll joined in, now the other two Cerberus members and Raziel are all on their way; possibly Seira and Regis too. If nobody backs down here we are looking at the biggest battle in the series, by far, and I don't think anybody saw this coming. Which I just LOVE.

Final Rating
    This chapter, besides being a flawless combat chapter, is taking this battle to a level that was completely unexpected by both fans and the characters in the series. No characters planned for this to happen. This is the a week small thing escalated into the biggest battle of Noblesse to date. How could I give a chapter this epic and well done anything but a...

Completely perfect 5 out of 5

My Predictions

My prediction section is getting highjacked this week because we have an ultimate showdown coming....and that means it's time to post this once more.....

Spoiler: Ultimate Showdown Preview show

My Previous Predictions(Current Record 9-9)

Somebody else will join RK-4 and Sangeen in tackling Rasta-douche and the Blonde Troll.
    True. Though it should be said I thought somebody would enter the fray, not EVERYBODY!

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    Will Raizel be able to overwhelm Cerberus the same way he has everyone else he's fought?
    Last edited by Jammin; February 28, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 225 Review

LoL the whole neighbourhood is becoming a Warzone!

Quote Quote:
    Thread Question of the Week
    Will Raizel be able to overwhelm Cerberus the same way he has everyone else he's fought?
    yes Cerberus guys are strong but not to the level of Lukedonia's clan leader

If one can bring clarification about whether Raizel's Lifespan AND powers are diminished while using it or is it only his lifespan....I don't think this was clearly stated.

My personal Prediction:Na Yontsu will be fined by the cops for driving this fast then she'll lose her driving Licence sorry I could'nt help myself

About Jam's recommandation
    Spoiler show
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Dog View Post
    If one can bring clarification about whether Raizel's Lifespan AND powers are diminished while using it or is it only his lifespan....I don't think this was clearly stated.
    I really don't know for certain, but the way I see it.....

When he unleashes his seal it consumes exponentially greater amount of his life and recently he has even been uncharacteristically unsteady, the whole dropping the tea cup thing. So it seems like he really doesn't have much juice left. No doubt he is still monstrously strong but it's possible he will tire quickly or something like that.

About Jam's recommandation
    Spoiler show
    That is true, there have just been a bunch of teases, but the same was true of Noblesse if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Jammin; February 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Granted the RK-3 have a few trump cards left(the pills for one) but it seems likely to me that these guys are just too much for them; mainly because they just can't hit hard enough to bring him down.
    Not even sure how much the pills can help them in this case. I don't think we've ever really seen how much the pills can boost their power, no?

With this move, I think Yontsu can probably write off downtown as a loss because when Raizel, a pissed off Frankenstein, Tao, Takeo, M-21, Ked, Kutai, Scarface, The Redhead, Yontsu, Yuri, and possibly Seira and Regis all collide that's not going to be a battle; that's going to be a cataclysm.
    I totally like this idea. In addition with Sangeen watching from afar, this would be very interesting.

Completely perfect 5 out of 5

One Cerberus member, maybe. I don't doubt he would be able to take one down with blood field, with the assistance of everyone else as well. But all of them? Now that is rather worrying without dangering his life even more.

On previous chapters (I forget the exact number) we saw that he instantly became weak after using blood field. His condition seem to worsen, from what we were shown sometimes he seemed weak even when he didn't use the power, like how his hands shaken before and Frank was worried so much..

Or what Jammin says.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply