Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate This Week's Chapter

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

44 23.16%
  • Good

95 50.00%
  • Average

39 20.53%
  • Bad

12 6.32%
New Reply
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 577 Discussion

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 577 Discussion / 578 Predictions | Check the manga edit contest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    • Dan
      Seriously, why is he getting screen time? He's just the dead guy who loved Tsunade who isn't Jiraiya(and is therefore inferior). I care more Taka than I do him. And it doesn't help that he is all like "Why don't you leave me, who has no control over my own free will, unguarded so you can go help search for Kabato who could literally be anywhere?" Chouji's dad should have been like "I'm not going to dignify that with an answer."
    I totally forgot about that part. Seriously... I'm glad that Dan never became Hokage, because he would be by far the worst Hokage in the entire history of the shinobi world. What's up with him? Shitting his pants left & right and not believing in anyone.
    Kishi really should have used the panels with Dan for Taka.
    It would satisfy us all if Taka also get to Kabutos hideout, cheering for Sasuke that they found something for him that could change the tide of the war, only to get instantly sealed with the Sword of Totsuka or tortured for decades to death with Tsukuyomi by Itachi.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ptolemy's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 577 Discussion / 578 Predictions | Check the manga edit contest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Madara Uchiha was a man who took pride in his strength, and had a reputation for crushing clans. That can become boring for someone who literally grew up on the battlefield. The moment he found a rival was the moment he found meaning in life. And with Hashrima gone, that meaning is gone. Now he's not even fighting for himself, he's fighting as a puppet, against ninja that can't live up to his rival's strength.

He's not sad. He's bored.
    He's clearly sad. Why don't you want to see Madara smile again? Why do you hate Madara?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member AmyRiddle's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so disappointed in this chapter and i dont even know why.
    Maybe im just sick of Kabuto and Edo-tensai, maybe i just think that Madara being a First Hokage fanboy is wrong in many many ways, maybe its me being really annoyed at too much Itachi. I guess in the end its all of it together.
    I dont even feel like going into detail or thinking much about this chapter, im just hoping we can go back to Naruto soon, because seeing him is still better then the other shit that is going on right now. I wish this war would just end.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto is obviously tickled that Sauske is so stupid. With Sauske there, Kabuto has no reason to support Tobi’s war any longer. I wonder if Tobi will sense this and retreat from Naruto in order to try and save Sauske?

As far as the inevitable fight goes… Kabuto might just go ahead and end Edo Tensei. This would cause Itachi to vanish, and his genjutsu is really the only threat to Kabuto. It would also end ET Madara - thus pulling the Kage’s bacon out of the fire. That clears the deck for the fight to be between Kabuto and Sauske by himself. And then Kabuto might just go ahead and re-establish the technique to bring ET Madara back to fight Sauske. I still think that’s where this is ultimately going to end up. Sauske vs. ET Madara. That will challenge Sauske and make it so he is also facing a true growth experience like Naruto is having versus Tobi.

The question is whether or not Kabuto will be pressured himself. I think that at some point in time he is going to be the host that resurrects Orochimaru – and after a rumble with Sauske seems about the right time to do it. Sauske is going to have to be repeatedly pushed and exhausted just like naruto, and having to deal with ET Madara – then Kabuto – and THEN Orochimaru would be a good way to push him to his limits.

Tsunade will be fine. Being impaled will be no big deal to the genesis rebirth. All her cells will just regrow. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if ET Madara’s Susano ‘squished’ her into putty like Danzou, but then she regenerated back completely to the astonishment of all and continued the fight. Yeah, it’ll cost her later but it’d be cool.

There was a lot of “off panel” crap this chapter. How the heck Tsunade was able to reach Madara and punch a hole in him was off-paneled. And Itachi pulled a freaking JUGO by punching a wall and ‘finding’ Kabuto. What is up with Kishi having people punch walls and finding plot-no-jutsus lately? I mean – there was Itachi sending crows at Sauske and BOOM next panel he has punched through a wall in the space-time continuum and found Kabuto. Guh-WHUH?

Quote Quote:
    this three way stand-off is completely up in the air depending on how... once again... Kishimoto wants to define the rules of Edo Tensei.
    That will never happen. It will just be whatever bullcrap Kishi wants it to do in a given moment. EDO TENSEI!
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ptolemy
    He's clearly sad. Why don't you want to see Madara smile again? Why do you hate Madara?
    Well, I guess one could be bored to sadness. Especially considering the state he's in right now. I guess the more sad he looks, the more pathetic he deems the kage. He's not even bothering to smirk obnoxiously at their failures so... yeah. I guess he is sad.

Poor Madara.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always wondered, why would Tobi aka Nobody (or was it No One?) need to know the seals to deactivate Edo Tensei? Couldn't he just genjutsu him and make him do whatever was needed to deactivate it? Also, Why's Itachi think it's much worse? He can just control him if he's strong enough. Although, he could've used Shisui's Komoamatsukami. However, Itachi did seal Orochimaru. If he manages to capture kabuto and restrain him, maybe, since Kabuto is using his power, Orochimaru can undo the jutsu.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Oh wow. I didn't initially notice Sasuke in the background on the last panel. This will be really interesting. I think Itachi is going to need Sasuke's help to restrain/kill Kabuto. I feel like there will be some kind of backfire, though.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This seemed like a decent chapter, it's pretty hard for me to judge fairly though because it was just filled with stuff I hate.
    • Susanoo
      I'm pretty sick of this jutsu already. When it was epic and nearly impenetrable that was one thing, but now it seems like anybody decent can shatter it like a tea cup. So much for it being over powered....
    • Edo Tensei
      It's such a drama killer when landing hits means nothing.
    • Dan
      Seriously, why is he getting screen time? He's just the dead guy who loved Tsunade who isn't Jiraiya(and is therefore inferior). I care more about Taka than I do him. And it doesn't help that he is all like "Why don't you leave me, who has no control over my own free will, unguarded so you can go help search for Kabato who could literally be anywhere?" Chouji's dad should have been like "I'm not going to dignify that with an answer."
    • Kabtuo
      Itachi please kill this prick. He's apparently too incompetent to be a good villain so do him, and all of us, a favor and Amaterasu him into a pool of molten snake goo.

The only thing this week that was really to my tastes is that Sasuke continued to humiliate himself by practically hugging his big brothers leg. Pathetic... and awesome.
    Kabuto's character has sort of crossed the line where 'maniacal villain' just becomes a nuisance. But ET is a drama killer now and in the case of Madara now, with Hashirama being integrated, it's kind of like - what's the point? Only if something interesting happens like Madara giving some backstory or something will it be more interesting to me now. Doubtful he'd do so with the current group he's fighting, but if faced with Sasuke or an Uchiha, i.e. the only beings he seems to think would be 'Worthy', he might say what really went down.

Quote Originally Posted by samsiufan View Post
    And that is different from what I am saying how? I only responded to:

Specifically to this statement in bold. The point is Kabuto can stop the ET whenever he wants unless they are not under his control or he is dead.
    I wasn't disagreeing with you. I agree with you. Was just having conversation/discussion & elaborating. The only way I see it different is if Kabuto used Itachi as a lure to get to Sasuke. Like... "Got ya, bytches!"... but that'd be pretty lame to me.
    Last edited by jalix; March 07, 2012 at 11:56 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course, Kabuto could also summon Madara right back to his location, saving the Five Kages and setting up a battle between three of the most powerful Uchiha in history.

Also, Madara isn't a Hashirama "fanboy". Madara cares only about power, and Hashirama was the most powerful person he ever fought. Now that Hashirama is gone, nobody else can compare to him, and so Madara is disappointed. He misses the challenge.

It's like, if Superman were actually out of the picture, Lex Luthor would miss the challenge.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    You are aware it was in it's weakest form when Tsunade broke through it, correct? It took A and Oonoki's combined force to crack full skeletal Susanoo, and one punch from Tsunade to break "weakest-level-riblet-Susanoo". Don't expect her to do the same once we see what his armored, and then cloaked Susanoo is capable of. Though that still doesn't make it overpowered, and you still have to take into account what level of ninja was required to break through the technique even in this weakest state.
    It's true that it isn't the most power version of Susanoo but it is the most used version and Tsunade shattered it like it was nothing. While the most fully formed version is certainly tougher that one has cracked too. So all illusion of Susanoo being some kind of true ultimate defense is pretty much broken at this point. Garra's sand has a waaaay better track record.

Despite all Madara's "you are not fit to lick my boots" banter to the Kage's the reality is he would be dead multiple times if he wasn't completely immortal. They have landed plenty of hits. So Susanoo is not exactly shielding him all that well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His complaints that the Kage's are too weak is actually kinda funny when you think about this too. It's like some video-game nerd complaining a game is too easy as he plays it with a whole bunch of cheats enabled.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    The first hokage must of died of old age or he was killed in his sleep because it seems unlikely there was anyone strong enough to defeat him.
    we can assume that he died around the same age as J-Man ... most likely younger ... so no probably he was killed don't worry Kishi will give us some explanation - probably fighting all bijuus at the same time and 100 000 soldiers army ...
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[*]Susanoo
    I'm pretty sick of this jutsu already. When it was epic and nearly impenetrable that was one thing, but now it seems like anybody decent can shatter it like a tea cup. So much for it being over powered....
    If by anybody decent you mean two of the strongest characters in the manga, sure...

Quote Quote:
    [*]Edo Tensei
    It's such a drama killer when landing hits means nothing.
    Agreed, lol

Quote Quote:
    [*]Dan
    Seriously, why is he getting screen time? He's just the dead guy who loved Tsunade who isn't Jiraiya(and is therefore inferior). I care more about Taka than I do him. And it doesn't help that he is all like "Why don't you leave me, who has no control over my own free will, unguarded so you can go help search for Kabato who could literally be anywhere?" Chouji's dad should have been like "I'm not going to dignify that with an answer."
    Dunno how him not being Jiraiya makes him inferior...unlike Jiraiya, he didn't have to be 50+ years old to realize his responsibility to the village, he actually WANTED to be Hokage, and apparently he was fairly powerful (his databook stats make him out to be decent). And his point was valid. Rather than wasting multiple people there with him, they could leave those necessary for the barrier and go search for Kabuto. Apparently, even the 5 Kages together can't really beat Madara, and he still hasn't gotten serious...so they do need to get Kabuto to release the ET, if possible.

Quote Quote:
    [*]Kabtuo
    Itachi please kill this prick. He's apparently too incompetent to be a good villain so do him, and all of us, a favor and Amaterasu him into a pool of molten snake goo.
    Yea, I keep hoping for him to do something epic, but yea...idk what he really wants to do.

Quote Quote:
    The only thing this week that was really to my tastes is that Sasuke continued to humiliate himself by practically hugging his big brothers leg. Pathetic... and awesome.
    Eh, it beats hyperventilating and passing out, lol
    Last edited by UchihaHunter; March 07, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
    Avoiding debates with people below a certain level of English comp.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    Of course, Kabuto could also summon Madara right back to his location, saving the Five Kages and setting up a battle between three of the most powerful Uchiha in history.

Also, Madara isn't a Hashirama "fanboy". Madara cares only about power, and Hashirama was the most powerful person he ever fought. Now that Hashirama is gone, nobody else can compare to him, and so Madara is disappointed. He misses the challenge.

It's like, if Superman were actually out of the picture, Lex Luthor would miss the challenge.
    Well, let's be fair. Madara is running his mouth about how they can't compare to him. However, he's using his power with Hashirama's. He also has the strongest dooujutsu from doing so. What did he expect? If he was decimating them with just his own power and EMS, then he could say something.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true that it isn't the most power version of Susanoo but it is the most used version and Tsunade shattered it like it was nothing. While the most fully formed version is certainly tougher that one has cracked too. So all illusion of Susanoo being some kind of true ultimate defense is pretty much broken at this point. Garra's sand has a waaaay better track record.

Despite all Madara's "you are not fit to lick my boots" banter to the Kage's the reality is he would be dead multiple times if he wasn't completely immortal. They have landed plenty of hits. So Susanoo is not exactly shielding him all that well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His complaints that the Kage's are too weak is actually kinda funny when you think about this too. It's like some video-game nerd complaining a game is too easy as he plays it with a whole bunch of cheats enabled.
    Well to be fair, Madara's only wounds were from his own meteor, and from Oonoki's laser.
    All of Tsunade's beating was done against a Mokuton clone, so he hardly felt any damage. Of course is all thanks to Hashirama's powers though

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toussaintac View Post
    I always wondered, why would Tobi aka Nobody (or was it No One?) need to know the seals to deactivate Edo Tensei? Couldn't he just genjutsu him and make him do whatever was needed to deactivate it? Also, Why's Itachi think it's much worse? He can just control him if he's strong enough. Although, he could've used Shisui's Komoamatsukami. However, Itachi did seal Orochimaru. If he manages to capture kabuto and restrain him, maybe, since Kabuto is using his power, Orochimaru can undo the jutsu.
    Only the caster of Edo Tensei can undo it. Tobi wanted to know how to deactivate it for when he used it personally (Kabuto was teaching him how the jutsu worked).

Shisui's Koto Amatsukami could only be activated once every decade, so no, Itachi couldn't have used it again.

Also, keep in mind that Kabuto's skills in genjutsu are actually almost maxed out according to the databooks, and that was before he powered himself up with Orochimaru's remains. It might not be so simple to trap him in genjutsu. In fact, I'd bet that his snake tail would simply bite him and snap him out of it, or something.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chap. I wonder about many things:

1. About EdoT: it is a jutsu, but as Itachi has said, every jutsu has a weakness. In fact, Itachi knows a jutsu stronger than EdoT. That justu, IMO, is KOTOAMATSUKAMI . See that Itachi says that jutsu bring back him to be normal, which I interpret has "I'm not under EdoT control anymore"). But Itachi cant use that jutsu anymore, so that must not be EdoT's weakness. So what is EdoT's weakness? Or is Itache wrong about every jutsu having a weakness?

2. Here I interpret that, as long as Itachi knows Sasuke is not going to obey him when he says him to saty there, he send his crows to stop Sasuke (last box). And, in the last page, I interpret that, Kabuto was not expecting Sasuke to come, and that when he notice his presence, he laughs and says "so my luck has finally turned". So is it that Sasuke is going to defend Kabuto against Itachi (which is hard to beleive)? Or is it that Kabuto has some kind of strategy that gets stronger with Sasuke's presence?

3. Did we already saw that new Tsunade's jutsu?

4. And a crazy wonder: Who has a stronger knock Tsunade or Shirohige (one piece)?

And a final prayer: Dear Tsunade, dont you die!!! Your magnificent personality has encourage me to keep reading this long story. Without you it would be the same. I do want your wonders bouncing there in the battle.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 14, 2012 at 05:48 AM.

New Reply
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast