Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

19 21.35%
  • Good

46 51.69%
  • Average

15 16.85%
  • Bad

9 10.11%
New Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 484 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 484 Discussion / 485 Predictions

Cool freaking chapter. Though mangareader to a couple years to load. Anyway these new people are pretty badass to negate (or absorb) bankais. Speaking of which...

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    okay chapter see saw some of the members of the group and it looks like yammomotos vc has a bankai.
    This was what I thought, I mean, how else would he know they absorb bankais? But anyway The dude who took his hood off looks like Kensei with Byakuya hair which is kind of weird. I mean it is totally awkward looking and I will never get that visual out of my mind. And the boss man looks like Zangetsu with Shunsui's moustache. Kubo really is lacking in character creativity isn't he?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter is out at http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/484 IM wondering. what if this emperor is actually the king that aizen spoke of. This particular king may like the chaos that was going on prior to ichigo. Possibly he hates how ichigo has changed things and thus wants to restart everything after wiping them all out? They said it should be real easy to figure out who they are so it's gotta be someone they already knew about....

I also thought that they looked like shinigami's we know of. maybe it'll play out later in who these people are. maybe they're related somehow and thats why they can seal their bankais.
    Last edited by Punisher6; March 07, 2012 at 09:02 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

byakuya would have no chance against kenpachi if he loses his bankai.

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

i laugh at yamamoto by shouting "wait" and fill the room in fire. this remind me that i am having a broom stick and hit the ground while calling a cat that came to kill new born kitties in my apartment.
    Last edited by abyozuu; March 07, 2012 at 09:04 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter felt better than the summary we got before.
    It's obvious that these new guys aren't that strong. Ichigo utterly trashed him without even making an effort. This guy had only one option - to flee. Of course Ivan isn't the strongest among them, but I think he should be at least among the top ten. Thus I believe their actual option is to negate Shinigami's Bankais and then take them with numbers.
    Though their abilities are quite interesting. I liked this Shadow as a way to transport.

P.S. Also we got to see The Palaca of Ice that was mentioned by Kubo during a break.
    P.P.S. Also Yama's Bankai wasn't sealed. It's good for now.) It also seems that he used his Shikai
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; March 07, 2012 at 09:10 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner overdrives's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait wait wait ... page 7, am I the only one to get it ?!?
    They don't negate Bankai, they steal it.
    That's why Ivan was so happy, he was planning on getting a uber powerfull bankai.
    And that's also why Yamamoto's VC is aware of that, one of them must have used bankai to beat him.

Seriously ? No one ?

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Woah, Bleach just gets more cliche (and not in a good way).

Oh, here's the villain...oh I'm gonna show you him maiming his subordinate for a trivial matter just to show you how evil he is...oh, now I'm gonna show you he's complex because he doesn't like violence but is willing to brutalize his minion for arguing

Oh yea, I'm also going to just come right out a say that this new enemy can screw over all of Soul Society...well except Ichigo of course because Ichigo is special in a new way that I'll think up later

I mean wow, rinse and repeat man. Being cliche isn't a bad thing if you're making it entertaining.

Kubo's also notorious for building up hard some aspect of the story...to make it go nowhere (ex: Aizen not killing Ichigo early on, Gin, Grimmjoww's story, Nel's story, the entire Fullbring arc, etc.). I hope this arc is different

8. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ptolemy's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plyr88 View Post
    Woah, Bleach just gets more cliche (and not in a good way).

Oh, here's the villain...oh I'm gonna show you him maiming his subordinate for a trivial matter just to show you how evil he is...oh, now I'm gonna show you he's complex because he doesn't like violence but is willing to brutalize his minion for arguing

Oh yea, I'm also going to just come right out a say that this new enemy can screw over all of Soul Society...well except Ichigo of course because Ichigo is special in a new way that I'll think up later

I mean wow, rinse and repeat man. Being cliche isn't a bad thing if you're making it entertaining.

Kubo's also notorious for building up hard some aspect of the story...to make it go nowhere (ex: Aizen not killing Ichigo early on, Gin, Grimmjoww's story, Nel's story, the entire Fullbring arc, etc.). I hope this arc is different
    I thought he was purposely trying to mirror the scene where grimmjow loses his arm.

Also, where are you guys seeing that they can steal and then use bankais? Ivan was trying to do something with Ichigo's, but on page 7 of mangareader, yama's vc just says "they can bankai." My impression was that they had their own bankais. Is that a mistranslation?
    Last edited by ptolemy; March 07, 2012 at 09:37 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Bleach 484 Discussion / 485 Predictions

Maybe the fact that Ichigo's bankai cannot be negated/absorved it has something to do with the resemblance of the "Emperor King" with Zangetsu and possibly Engetsu (Ishin's Zanpakuto). Don't know, but is strange to see that they are so attached to/can do a bankay, and Hiyori smelled a Shinigami on that shadow... a Zanpakuto is one of, or probably the biggest characteristic of a Shinigami. Maybe they are all Zanpakutos, don't know, just telling what is on my mind .

It was great to see Ichigo with a badass attitude and battle power again!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That emperor looked like Old man Zangetsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bigman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That character with the two colored cornrows really looks like a filler enemy from a Bleach movie. But that's just my personal opinion.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member union98's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH....ever since mangastream went away, it's painful trying to read bleach every week because these other sites are so FUCKING SLOW!!!! An hour later and I'm only up to page 6...What was Yamamoto talking about when he said they're movements aren't affected by whatever he said...(I would go back and get the exact quote, but the page on mangareader hasn't come up yet)
    =====================================================================
    "I troll...therefore, I am..."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When Ivan said vanish, i get the idea they have the power to negate one's Bankai not in turn steal it. However, this ability makes them powerful foes because a lot characters aren't shit without their Bankai with the exception of Kenpachi whose strong without it. The enemies seem quite ruthless too.

I bet when they fight Kenpachi its going to go like this.

Vreich1: AHHH!! DAMN IT!! hows he so powerful? Didn't you negate his bankai?!
    Vreich2: HE HASN'T EVEN USED IT!!
    Kenpachi: you idiots i don't even have a Bankai, quit your bitching and attack me WITH ALL YOUR POWER!!( sword slash)
    Vreich1: his power level is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!! RETREAT!!!
    kenpachi: cowards, don't run I'm just starting to have fun (wicked smile while taking off limiter)
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; March 07, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member union98's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally finished reading...so that's the King and the royal guard? Pretty badass...
    =====================================================================
    "I troll...therefore, I am..."

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

7 masked guys.
    One of them revealed his face and... he has 7 "dots" on his face.
    One more thing in common with Arrancars without being Arrancar?
    I know, it can be nothing, but if the others have sequencial dot numbers...

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kurohitsugi's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by union98 View Post
    Finally finished reading...so that's the King and the royal guard? Pretty badass...
    ??
    No, they aren't the Royal Guard and the Spirit King. The man on the throne is the leader of the Vandereich (Reich=Empire) and those people are his subordinates.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast