Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!!

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.31%
  • 2 (Average)

5 3.27%
  • 3 (Good)

23 15.03%
  • 4 (Great!)

78 50.98%
  • 5 (Epic!)

42 27.45%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

3 1.96%
New Reply
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 659 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 659 Spoiler Discussion

So law is shichibukai, hats off to the guys who predicted this since the beginning

Its cool, but i hope we figure out his motives for being here, or shichibukai soon. While i hope he doesn't end up being one of the final bosses of the arc, i can see it being at the least possible he will be. M is failed experiment of vegapunk? I didn't read closely, but didn't see this in spoilers. Seemed like most likely explanation from last chapter though. My only thing is we're not sure if he/it is strong or not, which is why i can't say it'll be someone luffy ends up fighting.

This arc has definitely been picking up my interest each week! Can't wait for the whole chapter.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice!

Sending the gift of 100 pirate hearts to the world government haha so fitting for such a character. Quite a former bounty he had too. Well law didn't waste anytime in these two years. I can't wait to see which straw hats bump into law and smoker first lol~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lawlord's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

so if law has 440,000 million and luffy is only 400,000 million, how strong is Luffy really?

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So Oda really is good at mixing up stuff in the new world? I mean the mix of new characters and old ones that seem to pop up randomly, like M and Big Mom and now suddenly we have Law and previously Smoker. Both new and old big players are coming into the light.

But knowing Oda he might not reveal many characters at the same time, but he sure has a whole group of them just waiting to pop up in the NW, though I am sure there are just as many new ones that we will meet.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Law calls Smoker "Hakuryo-ya"(White hunter ya) looks so funny.

for reference
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Trafa...and_Dub_Issues

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tobi Uchiha's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

woah, law sure gives me the creeps, especially since i believe that he did something to luffy when he safed his life back then http://www.mangareader.net/103-50569...apter-581.html, scary!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TauCarlos's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    It was expected, but I actually don't like a part of the info with Law's bounty. If before he became a Shichibukai he had 440 million bounty... that's not even strange. Even Luffy with all outrageous things he did, having Robin in his team and being a son of Dragon himself he had only 400 million. Anhd of course Law wasn't close to Luffy before timeskip.
    Also... 100 pirates? seriously! Luffy can KO 50000 with just one burst of his CoC Haki.

Though M is rather interesting. Hope Luffy will fight both Law and M in this Arc. He should take such oponents together if he wants to oppose Big Mam
    You have to consider the fact that Luffy was presumed dead/MIA for the last 2 years. Laws involvement in rescuing Luffy at the war and the time he had to go wild before wanting to be a warlord you can sort of see how his bounty got way higher than his rookie days.

Plus it doesn't take away anything from Luffy since his bounty was set at 400,000 right after his disappearance. Anyone in the new world would consider him to be the much bigger threat

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Something here seems fishy to me, since we know Law's ability so seperate parts and keep the people alive maybe he's trying to pull a BB, maybe even one of the hearts belongs to the samurai so Law actually didn't kill anyone, the only reason I see him becoming a Shichbukai is out of fear after the war and having a deal that his crew won't be touched but that doesn't seem like him which leads me to think he's after some information that we would also love to know.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Still even if he was presumed dead (but seriously not by the WG as they know that Law saved him) his bounty was leveled not that high as he managed to take down Moria, punch Tenryubito, enter Impel Down and get out of it and then he got to Marineford, rescued Ace, showed his CoC Haki and also was announced to be Dragon's father and it was already after he had 300 million bounty...
    Also we should consider that that Law, Kidd and their respective crews were at best as strong as Luffy and his crew combined as it was shown on the same oponent - Pacifista. Luffy and his crew managed to destroy one and Kidd, Law and their respective crews barely managed to take one when they combined their efforts, so I don't get that high bounty for Law.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

They were at the same level of bounty two years ago when luffy had defeated a shichibukai and destroyed Impel Down. Luffy bounty being low may be on purpose in order to hide some of his exploits. I don't see the problem here, bounties amounts are not that relevant anyway. It has been said tons of time already.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

luffy's bounty is 2 years ago and Law's bounty is maybe the current one like because he is spending his time in NW wrecking havoc

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

k-dom
    Still if we assume that the bounty shows that the person is a threat to the World Government (it's his strength, knowledge, bloodline or maybe even combination of all of this), but still Law didn't have anything close to Luffy and his bounty was way lower than Luffy's before the timeskip. Actually it wasn't that higher than Zoro's, so now for him having it higher than Luffy... I just can't imagine how high are Drake's and Kidd's bounties.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I'm not that interested in a bounty discussion. I sincerely hope people will find something else to discuss in this chapter than that.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackLotus View Post
    So law is shichibukai, hats off to the guys who predicted this since the beginning
    Its more of "who called it first".. since it was the first prediction came to everyone's mind... However seeing the trend of Oda, many were trying to predict something out of box...

Awesome build up for the arc...

We here have four groups (until M and Law working together)... and out of the 4 we all can say 3 of them (law, SHs and Smoker) has not done any bad deeds, i.e. they are not the bad guys (at least on panel.. don't know if Law turned evil) .... still I am hoping for a duel between any two of them.. I will enjoy it for sure... ...

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not that interesting to me either. It just seemed out of place to me, thus I complained a bit.

Still the M guy might be interesting. Is he a DF user or will he be something else?
    Also if the summary suggests that Smoker's crew wants to go back now, then will he participate in the upcoming fight or not?

Anyway this Arc is deffinetly going to be interesting as we might get quite an interesting plot development and also a good fight in the end.

New Reply
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast