Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!!

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.31%
  • 2 (Average)

5 3.27%
  • 3 (Good)

23 15.03%
  • 4 (Great!)

78 50.98%
  • 5 (Epic!)

42 27.45%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

3 1.96%
New Reply
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: One Piece 659 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 659 Discussion/ 660 Prediction

Anybody can change some OP wiki site or write some fanfic and post it one a wiki site.

It's very unlikely that any of the Yonkou did fear anybody, being the strongest pirates themself, putting fear into the rest of the world and probably in their own crew members to some degree. I'm sure they didn't want to go into an all out war with him though, nobody with a sane mind would without being sure of a win[the Marines had a couple of safeties with the wapometal walls and couple dozen Pacifista and the Shichibukai].
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Filster View Post
    Well ,according to Eiichiro Oda,Big MoM fears the whitebeard pirates even after the death of whitebeard.She still considers them a threat.Why would this situation be so diffrent from the one i said.Whitebeard was the center of attention for the world government.And i did say it was a possibility i didnt say it was true...
    Well... Teach was a Whitebeard Pirate. But I don't recall Bigmam being "afraid" of any of them nor of Marco and the rest. And if there's something from Oda about that, I daresay it's a fake since ... Oda does not reveal such definitions of characters in interviews.

Additionally, her being in fear of the Whitebeard Pirates would not have resulted in her neither granting FMI her protection nor Jinbe's Fishman Pirates who were allied with the Whitebeard Pirates before.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Well... Teach was a Whitebeard Pirate. But I don't recall Bigmam being "afraid" of any of them nor of Marco and the rest. And if there's something from Oda about that, I daresay it's a fake since ... Oda does not reveal such definitions of characters in interviews.

Additionally, her being in fear of the Whitebeard Pirates would not have resulted in her neither granting FMI her protection nor Jinbe's Fishman Pirates who were allied with the Whitebeard Pirates before.
    well it is understandable if big mom fears the white bear pirates as a whole. but individually? she can take them out anytime. but against all captains at once? big mom will be screwed. 1 on 1 is logical

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post

Absolutely. Yes, eventually Luffy will kick her ass because he said he would. Of course the future Pirate King will beat up a Yonkou. But c'mon, Big Mom's insanely strong, and I don't think she's afraid of anything at all (except maybe water, like the Wicked Witch of the West).

By the way Hoeru - I always get a kick out of your avatar image. Teal'c, P.I. Indeed!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    why does everything that happens to luffy must connect to roger???? smfh.

ok....so law is now whitebeard to luffy's roger....

and its not a bad idea that law did something with luffy's body coz he is not called a dark doctor for nothing....with his character, he is clearly a shady bastard.
    I hope that Luffy's journey isn't just a carbon copy of Roger's, and I really hope that Luffy's legacy and Roger's vastly differ. But Luffy clearly did inherit Roger's "Will" and in some ways they are very similar, but Luffy's story is the focus and unique. I think that Oda actually stated something to that effect some years back, can't remember SBS or Japanese Magazine..?

About Trafalgar Law, He's no doubt not a nice guy, and is known for his cruelty (Harvesting pirate hearts...). But he's still a bit of a mystery, seeing how he saved Luffy and Jinbe. Which it's interesting, Law left Amazon Lilly when Rayleigh swam to shore.. And as he left he mentioned something about the mystery of "D"... So while he could of have done something nefarious, based on the chapters when he was in contact with Luffy it seems like that is not the case. But the theory that tampering with Luffy's anatomy is valid and plausible.

Law bugs me out, and I don't trust him one bit..
    But he seems knowledgeable and clearly knows about the "D"..
    IF he tampered with Luffy, IMHO it would be nothing more than a tracking device.. But while he's creepy, IMHO He's better than that.

Guess we shall see in the chapter(s) ahead...

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    I hope that Luffy's journey isn't just a carbon copy of Roger's, and I really hope that Luffy's legacy and Roger's vastly differ. But Luffy clearly did inherit Roger's "Will" and in some ways they are very similar, but Luffy's story is the focus and unique. I think that Oda actually stated something to that effect some years back, can't remember SBS or Japanese Magazine..?

About Trafalgar Law, He's no doubt not a nice guy, and is known for his cruelty (Harvesting pirate hearts...). But he's still a bit of a mystery, seeing how he saved Luffy and Jinbe. Which it's interesting, Law left Amazon Lilly when Rayleigh swam to shore.. And as he left he mentioned something about the mystery of "D"... So while he could of have done something nefarious, based on the chapters when he was in contact with Luffy it seems like that is not the case. But the theory that tampering with Luffy's anatomy is valid and plausible.

Law bugs me out, and I don't trust him one bit..
    But he seems knowledgeable and clearly knows about the "D"..
    IF he tampered with Luffy, IMHO it would be nothing more than a tracking device.. But while he's creepy, IMHO He's better than that.

Guess we shall see in the chapter(s) ahead...

i got no problem with luffy being a parallel of roger...they have the same attitude and dream and will of the D...im fine with that.

it just annoys me that everything and everyone who is involved with luffy is being connected to what happened to roger by some guys..... that's absurd because luffy's story would be predictable, boring and ridiculous...oda never thinks like that.

like...

1. wow, i think roger must have had the rubber fruit before.
    2. i think law is luffy's whitebeard.
    3. smoker is his garp...(then who the hell is tashigi???? tsuru??? where is luffy's sengoku???)
    4. zoro is the reincarnation of rayleigh.
    5. luffy will be executed in the end too.
    6. luffy needs a wife since roger had a wife....he needs a son too.
    7. when luffy becomes the PK he will grow a moustache too.

double facepalm.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Big MoM is afraid of one captain dude,and thats the 1th commander Marco.Its been quoted already .She said that she only thinks of him as a threat in the future.But when you think about the Whitebeard pirates arent whitebeard pirates since their old man died.They could become a force later.Marco is a preety strong guy,so he could lead them.Being a younkou doesent make you invincible ...

One more thing,dont take my words for granted,im just guessing as for the quote that Oda gave about Big MoM,thats true.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Filster View Post
    Big MoM is afraid of one captain dude,and thats the 1th commander Marco.Its been quoted already .She said that she only thinks of him as a threat in the future.But when you think about the Whitebeard pirates arent whitebeard pirates since their old man died.They could become a force later.Marco is a preety strong guy,so he could lead them.Being a younkou doesent make you invincible ...

One more thing,dont take my words for granted,im just guessing as for the quote that Oda gave about Big MoM,thats true.
    again...can you at least post/link that statement? everyone here is sure that none of that stuff has been said about BM. the last people who talked about Marco were the gorusei,who stated that the only one able to stop Blackbeard out of all the pirates were surely the other emperors,and perhaps Marco too. hence Marco < emperors,but it was easily predictable,since the emperors are the strongest pirates of the world.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19