Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Make your own Techniques

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Make your own Techniques

Have any of you guys tried to make your own PoT style techniques? I've made a couple of them myself, and to make ones that would work in the actual series is hard. I don't know how Konomi does it. But anyway, have a go and post some.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Make your own Techniques

Just for saying, today is Fuji's birthday lol

I'm thinking of a technique that blows up an entire house or court, but that's too much, no player in the series has such power (maybe I'm wrong)

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I can use your idea somehow Letalhawk. A power player uses a tremendous amount of strength to hit a super strong smash at one of the net posts. The post does not break however, it begins to crack the ground. Also, the massive power level is at just the right strength to force the pole to vibrate and make this very distinct loud sound. This sound causes the court to resonate with the vibration and as a result, the entire ground begins to shake and big cracks are appearing on court. When the pole stops vibrating, the sound and the earthquake stops. This mini-earthquake can destroy some nearby buildings if they are not sturdy enough. Also the entire court will have been completely destroyed.

How do you like that for court destruction?
    Last edited by Fuji Shusuke; February 29, 2012 at 10:30 AM.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

It's original, I never thought that.

But a shot creating an earthquake it's a bit unrealistic and any player will have such power?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll give you one. This is for the Golden Pair. I call this the "Mugen No Doki" = Endless Synchro. The techqnique's prerquisite is to be synchronized first and after that, if they still can't win over the opponent and be in a hopeless situation (where synchros are usually activated) they will unlock this technique which will enable them to synchronize with everyone around them and the nature as well. As a result, they will feel everything, see everythin, predict everything and react against their opponents' attacks and would also allow them to have infinite attack possibilities since they are united with everyone that listens, watches, and feels the game...^_^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sisco's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what i was thinking wasn't really a technique per say but rather a play style. a player who has ambidexterity and hits nothing but back hands from either side. could be called "samurai form" or "Battōjutsu zone" something like that. also the player can do feint drop shots and even a forehand since you dont know whats coming. i know it's a throw back to when the tennis in prince of tennis was slightly believable and not DBZ'ish but hey, i'm retro like that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I made this thread a long time ago for those interested:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post1451112

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    It's original, I never thought that.

But a shot creating an earthquake it's a bit unrealistic and any player will have such power?
    *Clears Throat* Byoudouin Houou? Shattering part of a wall?
    Hahahaa Konomi punched realism in the face back in Part I bro.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    *Clears Throat* Byoudouin Houou? Shattering part of a wall?
    Hahahaa Konomi punched realism in the face back in Part I bro.
    He destroyed the wall dude, but that's nothing compared to an earthquake, sure it's unlogical, but that shot will never cause a court destruction.

I was talking about a shot that can blow up even a house, that's not possible tough (Konomi trolls us)

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    He destroyed the wall dude, but that's nothing compared to an earthquake, sure it's unlogical, but that shot will never cause a court destruction.

I was talking about a shot that can blow up even a house, that's not possible tough (Konomi trolls us)
    Remember the feeling 6th Counter first gave you? I thought the court as destroyed too.

And I wouldnt be too surprised. I look forward to an arc that involves other countries. Im certain a random European player would have an earth-shattering shot.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember the feeling 6th Counter first gave you? I thought the court as destroyed too.

And I wouldnt be too surprised. I look forward to an arc that involves other countries. Im certain a random European player would have an earth-shattering shot.
    The one who will develop the ultimate shot and cause an earthquake will be Echizen lol. A 12 years old kid destroying a whole tennis court with a shot, brilliant, logic at its finest.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

A while back I had some suggestions for some new doors of Muga. If Hyakuren is Body, Saiki is Mind and Ten'imuhou is Soul, if you can combine certain aspects of these you can get a new door. I combined body and soul for Pinnacle of Worldly Concern, then mind and body for Pinnacle of Time Transcendence. It's time to combine mind and body to complete the set.

Pinnacle of Worldly Concern (Body and Soul):
    By using Muga to heighten up all senses to incredible levels, you are aware of everything around yourself. You observe every small detail, from an ant crawling across the court to your opponents heartbeat. Very powerful stuff. You can also create a mental image of things you can't see with your eyes, so basically a 360 degree vision (in your mind).

Pinnacle of Time Transcendence (Mind and Body):
    A step up from Great Wisdom, this allows you to accelerate all bodily functions. Not just the mind. With this, it changes your perception of time. Everything around you appears to be going in slow motion. You're moving at a normal pace but everything around is slow. The power of Muga also forces the muscles to move faster than usual to allow for normal speed movement when "time" slows down.

Pinnacle of Spiritual Harmony (Soul and Mind):
    In this pinnacle, the user instead of channeling the power of Muga into himself, it is channeled outside of the body. This creates a feeling of omnipresence for the audience and the opponent. This allows the user to sense the thoughts of any one person in their Muga radius and even send a thought out by subtly changing the Muga output frequency.

What do you think?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    A while back I had some suggestions for some new doors of Muga. If Hyakuren is Body, Saiki is Mind and Ten'imuhou is Soul, if you can combine certain aspects of these you can get a new door. I combined body and soul for Pinnacle of Worldly Concern, then mind and body for Pinnacle of Time Transcendence. It's time to combine mind and body to complete the set.

Pinnacle of Worldly Concern (Body and Soul):
    By using Muga to heighten up all senses to incredible levels, you are aware of everything around yourself. You observe every small detail, from an ant crawling across the court to your opponents heartbeat. Very powerful stuff. You can also create a mental image of things you can't see with your eyes, so basically a 360 degree vision (in your mind).
    The human mind isnt capable of so many thoughts at once. An Ant on the field, 360 vision, mental images of things you cant see with your eyes, while in an intense DBZ Sports Rally this would be... I wanna say insane, but Konomi has already put ideas into the story that I already call insane.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The human mind isnt capable of so many thoughts at once. An Ant on the field, 360 vision, mental images of things you cant see with your eyes, while in an intense DBZ Sports Rally this would be... I wanna say insane, but Konomi has already put ideas into the story that I already call insane.
    You are combining the powers of two already "insane" techniques. By mixing Hyakuren and Ten'imuhou of course it is going to be supremely overpowered.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle of time: You gain the ability to gain superhuman speed, and you're able to see even the fastest shots in slow motion, thus you're perfectly able to return them and make points easily. It only can be used for 5 or 6 games, because if it's used more, it will completely drain your stamina.

Green unicorn: A shot that, when used, no matter what the opponent does, no matter what opponent is, he won't return it. The shot makes 108th Hadoukyuu look like a girly shot, it has enough strength to destroy the entire U-17 camp building, similar to a very dangerous earthquake. Have fun returning it. When it's used, a green unicorn appears through the court and will cause destruction. Can be used only one time per match.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; April 09, 2012 at 02:24 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast