Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Make your own Techniques

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Make your own Techniques

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Pinnacle of time: You gain the ability to gain superhuman speed, and you're able to see even the fastest shots in slow motion, thus you're perfectly able to return them and make points easily. It only can be used for 5 or 6 games, because if it's used more, it will completely drain your stamina.

Green unicorn: A shot that, when used, no matter what the opponent does, no matter what opponent is, he won't return it. The shot makes 108th Hadoukyuu look like a girly shot, it has enough strength to destroy the entire U-17 camp building, similar to a very dangerous earthquake. Have fun returning it. When it's used, a green unicorn appears through the court and will cause destruction. Can be used only one time per match.
    LOL

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Here's a new one. It's pretty weird but it's original.

Sharp Shower: This shot can only be used when it is raining or there is water on the court. First, the user makes the ball wet. Once the ball has absorbed a lot of water, the user uses a super backspin and forces the ball to land in a puddle next to the opponent. The spin kicks up very sharp water droplets at the opponent, inflicting minor injuries and because the ball is wet it will not bounce due to the spin and heaviness of it. A very deadly Tsubame Gaeshi.

Rainbow Return: When the ball is wet, the user launches the ball into the air with a lot of sidespin or gyro spin. The spin causes the water from the ball to fling out. The droplets from the ball refract light and makes a full circle rainbow which hides the ball from view. The ball lands to the opponent's side or behind them.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

When is raining? The match is suspended if it rains lol, and there's no water on the court, the players would get hurt if they slip.

Rainbow return seems like Hoshi Hanabi in a way.

I have a shot: Dark Bullet. Due to the massive sidespin and backspin that the ball has, it will bounce towards the net pole, it's pretty hard to return since when it bounces, like a bullet, it goes at a very fast speed, similar to mach, and the ball course is random, so it's not always one pattern. That way, it greatly confuses the opponent.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; April 09, 2012 at 06:46 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not as intricate you guys but I thought about a Gate of Hermes.
    Hermes was the protector of the home like Guardian of the Gods.

So like Tezuka Zone it brings the ball back to you, this shot brings the ball not necessarily back to the user, but as the opponent returns the shot, once it passes over the net, it stop in mid-air for about 5-10 seconds simply spinning which is where it ''stops at the gate''. At that time Yukimura would crash the ball back to the opponent.

Gate of Hermes. Yukimura will say, your ball wont reach my baseline.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a very funny and unorthodox shot

Net Trap: When a power player is faced with a lob. He jumps up and smashes it with full power right on the net cord. This forces the the metal cords holding the net to snap. The net is then sent flying towards the opponent. The opponent is hit with the net and it is wrapped around him. A very humiliating shot for the opponent. Also, since the net pretty much absorbed all of the energy of the smash, the ball bounces like a drop shot when it is off the net.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Gate of Hermes would be unstoppable lol, there's no way to prevent a technique like that, since Yuki stops the time and smashes the ball like nothing, no matter what shot the opponent hits, it won't reach the baseline.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I think of some before. Here's one on top of my head. And yes, it's pretty broken. It's meant to be.

Phantom: A technique that once you hit the ball, the ball is gone completely from all sight. It then appear again, lying still on the ground of your opponent court that the user is meant to hit to. It can be anywhere. This can be used with serve too. The user have to be using PoP state when using this.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Ah, I think of some before. Here's one on top of my head. And yes, it's pretty broken. It's meant to be.

Phantom: A technique that once you hit the ball, the ball is gone completely from all sight. It then appear again, lying still on the ground of your opponent court that the user is meant to hit to. It can be anywhere. This can be used with serve too. The user have to be using PoP state when using this.
    But couldn't you use Tezuka Phantom to make the ball go out?
    Last edited by LetalHawk; April 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I have made a counter for Fuji. It counters power or at least it counters power players. I haven't thought of a name for it yet.

When Fuji is faced with a regular shot from a power player, he hits a sidespin shot while rotating his body quickly to absorb the power. The shot is hit with little to moderate power. When the opponent attempts to use a big swing at the shot, the shot will suddenly cut to the side. If the opponent tries to hit it again it will cut to the side again.

What happens is that the wind generated from the swing amplifies the effect of the spin (Magnus effect) which causes the ball to curve in a particular direction. Left for counter-clockwise sidespin and right for clockwise sidespin. Fuji might also be able to use it with topspin or backspin as well, causing the ball to go down or rise respectively. As long as the opponent keeps using big swings he can't touch the ball, only with a very light shot will he be able to hit the shot.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Ok, I have made a counter for Fuji. It counters power or at least it counters power players. I haven't thought of a name for it yet.

When Fuji is faced with a regular shot from a power player, he hits a sidespin shot while rotating his body quickly to absorb the power. The shot is hit with little to moderate power. When the opponent attempts to use a big swing at the shot, the shot will suddenly cut to the side. If the opponent tries to hit it again it will cut to the side again.

What happens is that the wind generated from the swing amplifies the effect of the spin (Magnus effect) which causes the ball to curve in a particular direction. Left for counter-clockwise sidespin and right for clockwise sidespin. Fuji might also be able to use it with topspin or backspin as well, causing the ball to go down or rise respectively. As long as the opponent keeps using big swings he can't touch the ball, only with a very light shot will he be able to hit the shot.
    Inui, get out of there

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

These are the techniques I made for my characters.

Techniques:

"Precisely."
    When David begins to hit absolutely ridiculous angles with perfection. He is able to hit topspin shots that land on the line, extremely close to the net.
    Spoiler show

"The Ascension."
    When David hits a topspin that is aimed at the top of the net. When the ball hits the top of the net, it is then sprung into the air over the opponents head and lands behind them.
    Spoiler show

"Salvation."
    A left handed backhand slice smash. Usually used after running from the net to the baseline. Uses the momentum of spinning the body 180 degrees into a "T" shaped body position. When the ball lands, it is propelled at a 90 degree angle.
    Spoiler show

"Day of Rest."
    David got the idea for this technique after watching Bunta's Tightrope Walking technique. David's shot is a powerful flat shot that collides with the pole, then instead of bouncing into the opponents court, it gets shot at an acute angle it rolls on the top of the net. Purposely makes a "7," to indicate the seventh day of creation.
    Spoiler show

"White Throne Judgement."
    A super high speed [highly arched] left handed drop shot that lands 7 inches in front of the net. David moves his entire body in a 180 degree motion. As David swings his arm, he teleports 3 feet forward with his back facing his opponent. When the ball lands, it is propelled back into the net cord. Upon hitting the net cord, the ball instantly rockets itself to the court, passed the running opponent.
    Spoiler show

"Wrath Of God."
    A left handed forehand-side smash that uses the outside of the racquet [In a "D" motion] to form an abnormally fast top spin. The start of the ball is slow and is aimed vertically to the opponents court. Upon hitting the ground, the ball rockets itself up and down at high speeds, making it appear to be a "meteor shower-like" attack. (Second bounce is completely random) It is impossible to return.
    Spoiler show

"Dolorem."
    Seth hits a forehand drive shot that is perfectly angled at the opponents racquet butt as the opponent gets into a forehand stance. Since there is no time to get into a full form, the ball bounces off the handle and Seth finishes by backhand slicing it to his opponents backhand. There is no time to switch to the backhand, so it is a sure win.

"Aspersio."
    A curved topspin shot that rolls when it lands.
    Spoiler show

"Misericordiam."
    A serve return drop shot that lands on the line and spins outward away from the opponent and off the court.
    Spoiler show

"Exorcismus."
    A overhand serve that uses a starting spin, much like Fuji's underhand serve. Because of the side spin, the ball disappears as it springs straight up. When the opponent looks up, the sun enters their eyes and they can no longer see the yellow ball for a short time.
    Spoiler show

"Trifecta Drive."
    Like Atobe's Rondo, Abel hits a smash that is pinpointed at the opponents knee. The ball hits the knee and comes back up. Abel smashes again and hits the other knee, with the same result. Abel then smashes a third time to hit the face for a knock out.

"Nocturnal Drive."
    Abel hits a super topspin which disappears from sight, and hits the opponents groin. As it hits, the opponent will by nature bend forward, the ball then springs up into the opponents face for a double hit. This technique is an instant knock out. Abel is known for saying "Bye-Bye." when about to use this technique.

"Moonlight Drive."
    Abel hits a highly arched disappearing topspin aimed for the top of the head. As it reappears, it bounces from the top of the head and the opponent will usually smash it. This leads for Abel to hit the same shot again and again until the opponent is knocked out.
    [/spoiler]

"Rainbow."
    When Caleb is at the net, he tends to show off his geometric abilities. In this shot, Caleb uses his backhand to hit a forehand shot at the net. His stance is much like Fuji's "Higuma Otoshi," or David's "White Throne Judgement." only Caleb hits this shot from the side and he swings his arm over his head 180 degrees from his front to his back. This looks much like a rainbow shaped movement.
    Spoiler show

"Eye of the Storm."
    When Caleb is in the back court, he can freely hit a special type of cordball. He puts an extreme backspin on a super slice drive. When the opponent thinks it will be cross court and deep, the ball hits the net. The force of the backspin hitting the top of the net makes the ball move an inch forward and drop on the opponents court.
    Spoiler show

"Solar Eclipse."
    Caleb's special back court twist lob. Caleb puts a great deal of spin into this shot, and it is extremely accurate and fast. This shot is impossible to return, if the opponent is either not physically strong, or taken off guard.
    Spoiler show

"Vanishing Point"
    A trick smash that uses the butt of the tennis racquet when the opponent expects the extension of the arm. The ball is super fast, and appears to be invisible, due to it being out of the opponents expected field of view.
    Last edited by Fayte; April 24, 2012 at 02:18 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@Fayte
    Your moves are surprisingly amazing and the diagrams are good.
    Only confusion is Eye of the Storm. Its just like Cordball isnt it?

Solar Eclipse, Misericordiam, Aspersio, Day of Rest and Salvation being the best as I can see them in the story perfectly.

I was stunned as I actually thought of the same idea as Salvation before as well hahaa.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    @Fayte
    Your moves are surprisingly amazing and the diagrams are good.
    Thanks. I forgot where I got that tennis court diagram though. Once you have that, the imagination just comes.

Quote Quote:
    Only confusion is Eye of the Storm. Its just like Cordball isnt it?
    It's a cordball fake. The idea is that the person hits a cross court smash so the opponent runs to the baseline to get it, only to find out it was actually a cordball.

Quote Quote:
    Solar Eclipse, Misericordiam, Aspersio, Day of Rest and Salvation being the best as I can see them in the story perfectly.

I was stunned as I actually thought of the same idea as Salvation before as well hahaa.
    Each of my characters have their own "theme" if you will. David, who is the captain of my team is a Christian. So all of his techniques are biblical. David has a very unorthodox tennis style of effortlessly walking around the court. Seth is a kind of a classy technician style, so all of his shots are very precise and the names are all Latin, and so on.

I wish I could show you what "Rainbow" looks like. That shot is one of my personal favorites. It has absurd potential.
    Last edited by Fayte; April 26, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    It's a cordball fake. The idea is that the person hits a cross court smash so the opponent runs to the baseline to get it, only to find out it was actually a cordball.
    Its extremely effective if its an overhead smash. I would feel quite trolled if someone performed an overhead smash and I got a cordball instead lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Each of my characters have their own "theme" if you will. David, who is the captain of my team is a Christian. So all of his techniques are biblical. David has a very unorthodox tennis style of effortlessly walking around the court. Seth is a kind of a classy technician style, so all of his shots are very precise and the names are all Latin, and so on.
    I also thought it would be easier to think of a character when making techniques, but the imagination doesnt arrive lol. I keep making my character a cross between Shiraishi and Yukimura everytime I try :/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

100,000,000th-degree Hadokyu: The home-run shot that destroyed the Aztecs.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, the ascension is just a fun technique. The player gets very confused as he won't know if it's a normal cord ball or if it's going to the baseline.

@Aigrimes, a hybrid character made from a cross between Yuki and Shiraishi would be godlike. It has Perfect Tennis+Yips, his stats are off charts, it's the ultimate player. Shimura, the newborn lol.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast