Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Make your own Techniques

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    My characters should be canon imo. I got the ideas when it comes to hairstyles and techniques.

    Here are the drawings I did for them:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Fayte; April 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM.

  2. #32
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    My characters should be canon imo. I got the ideas when it comes to hairstyles and techniques.

    Here are the drawings I did for them:
    Spoiler show
    David and Seth have awesome anime-style hair.
    With the techniques you gave I wouldnt be surprised if we saw them in the storyline.
    Although I dont know where SPoT is going direction-wise. I think this manga's got a poor direction and USA and the European Nations are gonna suck which is incorrect to real life.

    Im wondering if Konomi is gonna go with the whole Power means everything for all of his Foreign characters and make them all hit the ball like Byoudouin, Oni or Date.

  3. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    David and Seth have awesome anime-style hair.
    With the techniques you gave I wouldnt be surprised if we saw them in the storyline.
    Although I dont know where SPoT is going direction-wise. I think this manga's got a poor direction and USA and the European Nations are gonna suck which is incorrect to real life.

    Im wondering if Konomi is gonna go with the whole Power means everything for all of his Foreign characters and make them all hit the ball like Byoudouin, Oni or Date.
    Well, the foreign guys will be stronger than the likes of Oni and Shuuji, some of them will be monsters. I see Echizen taking some No.1 players and defeating them.
    Those players will hit very strong shots, but again, with enough technique you can counter them

  4. #34
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Well, the foreign guys will be stronger than the likes of Oni and Shuuji, some of them will be monsters. I see Echizen taking some No.1 players and defeating them.
    Those players will hit very strong shots, but again, with enough technique you can counter them
    Do you mean literal physical strength wise? As I didnt know Tanegashima was physically powerful.

  5. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Do you mean literal physical strength wise? As I didnt know Tanegashima was physically powerful.
    Nope, stronger overall, physically and mentally. Expect some Usa guys or German dudes to rock. I wonder if we'll see spain on action too. But yeah, some players stronger physically.

    Tanegashima isn't physically strong, he probably has godlike technique but not that much power.

  6. #36
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Nope, stronger overall, physically and mentally. Expect some Usa guys or German dudes to rock. I wonder if we'll see spain on action too. But yeah, some players stronger physically.

    Tanegashima isn't physically strong, he probably has godlike technique but not that much power.
    I see what you mean. Yeah, in terms of the techniques on this thread, a lot of them are actually pretty good and would suit the storyline nicely, and yeah Nation wise I wanna see England or rather Team GB in this. The last HS nationals winner was a Scottish School and to be honest, the Scottish are probably better than the English in tennis.
    And the Spanish are possibly the best in Europe, but overall, if Spain, France and USA suck, then Konomi really is just joking around with this manga.

  7. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I see what you mean. Yeah, in terms of the techniques on this thread, a lot of them are actually pretty good and would suit the storyline nicely, and yeah Nation wise I wanna see England or rather Team GB in this. The last HS nationals winner was a Scottish School and to be honest, the Scottish are probably better than the English in tennis.
    And the Spanish are possibly the best in Europe, but overall, if Spain, France and USA suck, then Konomi really is just joking around with this manga.
    Konomi should make things real and face Japan against England, Spain, Germany, Usa and France, and not South Korea or other weakling team.

  8. #38
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Konomi should make things real and face Japan against England, Spain, Germany, Usa and France, and not South Korea or other weakling team.
    LOL I just remembered manga tradition that South Korea are huge sports enemies. Would have dying in laughter if China and South Korea were the awesomeness of the Junior tennis world.
    I reckon I wil laugh anyway when he has Japan defeat Spain, Serbia and USA

  9. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    LOL I just remembered manga tradition that South Korea are huge sports enemies. Would have dying in laughter if China and South Korea were the awesomeness of the Junior tennis world.
    I reckon I wil laugh anyway when he has Japan defeat Spain, Serbia and USA
    Depends.

    If Spain, Serbia, and USA only had real players but Japan had all these crazy techniques, they are getting 6-0. Stadium Light fall down on them. Their racquet's gut getting busted. Getting crucified. Their wrist got destroy. That kind of thing.

    However, it's likely that they had some crazy techniques as well. I'm just saying there's easily a way XD.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  10. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Depends.

    If Spain, Serbia, and USA only had real players but Japan had all these crazy techniques, they are getting 6-0. Stadium Light fall down on them. Their racquet's gut getting busted. Getting crucified. Their wrist got destroy. That kind of thing.

    However, it's likely that they had some crazy techniques as well. I'm just saying there's easily a way XD.
    Dude, but SOUTH KOREA? That's a weakling team

    However, since it's a tradition in sport mangas putting Japan first against Asian Teams, then the rest of the world. In real life, Japan is the best team of Asia in tennis (I think). I don't see South Korea putting much of a fight, Shuuji, Byodouin, Echizen, Sanada, Yuki... should be able to deal with them, but Konomi will make them veeeery strong somehow. Still, he true monsters will be USA and the Europe teams.

    The final boss will be either USA or Germany, that's for sure. Imagine Konomi goes crazy and the final match is against Thailand lol.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #41
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    You know, when I saw Execution Method Electric Chair. I've been thinking of a way for it actually to cause an electric shock. I figured it out and I even took it a step further.

    Lightning Staff:
    To make the "Lightning Staff" the player must rally with the opponent. The shots the player hits are very strong, high spinning shots. If the player does this enough, the friction from the ball rubbing with the racquet strings, will build a static charge on the racquet. Since the racquet grip is insulated, there is no charge loss from holding the racquet.


    Lightning Strike:
    After the player has formed a Lightning Staff, he will approach the net to close in on the opponent. When the opponent is about to hit the ball, the player will quickly swing his racquet towards towards the opponent then stop swinging when the racquet is pointing at the opponent. The opponent receives a moderate electric shock and will miss the ball. Using this technique will neutralise the charge on the racquet and the Lightning Staff is lost.


    Charge Release:
    After forming a Lightning Staff, the player will use a super fast sidespinning backhand, this causes a stronger charge on the racquet but also gives the ball a strong charge as well. When an opponent tries to get near the ball, lightning will discharge from the ball and shock them, leaving the ball to continue on its path. It will work in doubles as it can shock both opponents.


    Lightning Spear:
    After Lightning Staff, the player hits a hard, flat forehand and transfers all charge onto the ball at the same time, thus losing the Lightning Staff. The ball travelling towards the opponent has lightning surrounding it in the shape of a small spear. When the opponent tries to hit the ball, the strings of their racquet will be super heated from the lightning and will then melt, causing the ball to go through their racquet.


    Electro-Zone:
    This technique allows the player to attract ball towards him with electrostatic induction using their Lightning Staff. When the player is faced with a ball travelling towards their corner, he will run to the ball while facing the racquet towards the ball. The ball then attracts to the racquet where the player can hit with strong spin to continue using their Lightning Staff.


    Heavenly Guidance:
    After Lightning Staff, if there are storm clouds in the sky, the player can launch the ball with strong spin straight into the sky. The lightning will strike the ball and on the way down, the player will point their racquet towards the ball. The ball then strikes the racquet with lightning, giving the racquet an unbelievable amount of charge. With Heavenly Guidance, the player can use multiple stronger lightning techniques without losing much charge. Anyone close to the tennis courts can feel the electric charge from the racquet.


    Hand of the Gods:
    After Heavenly Guidance, the player can use their racquet to remotely control the ball to go wherever he wants. He can force it out, force it to hit others. He has absolute control over the ball.


    Echo of the Gods:
    By channeling the power of Heavenly Guidance into one shot, the player can send a shot that travels about 1.5 times the speed of sound, towards the opponent. After a very small delay, the sound catches up and a shockwave pushes the opponent off the court, one hundred meters away. If the opponent manages to return the ball, the shockwave will push it back.


    Final Discharge
    After Heavenly Guidance, the player swings his racquet across his body very quickly. This produces a massive electric discharge which will completely consume the opponent's side of the court. This will electrocute and sideline the opponent, who will need medical attention for burns and muscle spasm. It can only be used twice before Heavenly Guidance is lost.

    Konomi, overkill has a new meaning now XD
    Last edited by Fuji Shusuke; October 28, 2012 at 06:35 AM.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  13. #42
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Echo of the Gods:
    By channeling the power of Heavenly Guidance into one shot, the player can send a shot that travels about 1.5 times the speed of sound, towards the opponent. After a very small delay, the sound catches up and a shockwave pushes the opponent off the court, one hundred meters away. If the opponent manages to return the ball, the shockwave will push it back.
    LOL Nanjiroh who?
    This is beastly.

  14. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    You know, when I saw Execution Method Electric Chair. I've been thinking of a way for it actually to cause an electric shock. I figured it out and I even took it a step further.

    Lightning Staff:
    To make the "Lightning Staff" the player must rally with the opponent. The shots the player hits are very strong, high spinning shots. If the player does this enough, the friction from the ball rubbing with the racquet strings, will build a static charge on the racquet. Since the racquet grip is insulated, there is no charge loss from holding the racquet.


    Lightning Strike:
    After the player has formed a Lightning Staff, he will approach the net to close in on the opponent. When the opponent is about to hit the ball, the player will quickly swing his racquet towards towards the opponent then stop swinging when the racquet is pointing at the opponent. The opponent receives a moderate electric shock and will miss the ball. Using this technique will neutralise the charge on the racquet and the Lightning Staff is lost.


    Charge Release:
    After forming a Lightning Staff, the player will use a super fast sidespinning backhand, this causes a stronger charge on the racquet but also gives the ball a strong charge as well. When an opponent tries to get near the ball, lightning will discharge from the ball and shock them, leaving the ball to continue on its path. It will work in doubles as it can shock both opponents.


    Lightning Spear:
    After Lightning Staff, the player hits a hard, flat forehand and transfers all charge onto the ball at the same time, thus losing the Lightning Staff. The ball travelling towards the opponent has lightning surrounding it in the shape of a small spear. When the opponent tries to hit the ball, the strings of their racquet will be super heated from the lightning and will then melt, causing the ball to go through their racquet.


    Electro-Zone:
    This technique allows the player to attract ball towards him with electrostatic induction using their Lightning Staff. When the player is faced with a ball travelling towards their corner, he will run to the ball while facing the racquet towards the ball. The ball then attracts to the racquet where the player can hit with strong spin to continue using their Lightning Staff.


    Heavenly Guidance:
    After Lightning Staff, if there are storm clouds in the sky, the player can launch the ball with strong spin straight into the sky. The lightning will strike the ball and on the way down, the player will point their racquet towards the ball. The ball then strikes the racquet with lightning, giving the racquet an unbelievable amount of charge. With Heavenly Guidance, the player can use multiple stronger lightning techniques without losing much charge. Anyone close to the tennis courts can feel the electric charge from the racquet.


    Hand of the Gods:
    After Heavenly Guidance, the player can use their racquet to remotely control the ball to go wherever he wants. He can force it out, force it to hit others. He has absolute control over the ball.


    Echo of the Gods:
    By channeling the power of Heavenly Guidance into one shot, the player can send a shot that travels about 1.5 times the speed of sound, towards the opponent. After a very small delay, the sound catches up and a shockwave pushes the opponent off the court, one hundred meters away. If the opponent manages to return the ball, the shockwave will push it back.


    Final Discharge
    After Heavenly Guidance, the player swings his racquet across his body very quickly. This produces a massive electric discharge which will completely consume the opponent's side of the court. This will electrocute and sideline the opponent, who will need medical attention for burns and muscle spasm. It can only be used twice before Heavenly Guidance is lost.

    Konomi, overkill has a new meaning now XD
    What did I just read?

  15. #44
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Make your own Techniques

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    What did I just read?
    You read a post in which I took PoT to a whole new level.
    Last edited by Fuji Shusuke; October 28, 2012 at 07:53 AM.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts