Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dedicated moderator for Claymore sub-forum

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dedicated moderator for Claymore sub-forum

It would be wonderful to have a moderator, preferably two, now that we have such an influx of members from AS.

We would like to think you for your time and effort in choosing us a moderator.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have problem deciding you could assign temporary moderators, let each of them moderate for a month or two and see who does the best job. The way I see it Claymore moderator should:

1) Love Claymore
    2) Have quite a lot of free time
    3) Be logical/rational and not spout nonsense (don't want to throw names but I think you know whom I mean)
    4) Be nice and cool headed

Plus optionally:
    Be an active member of MH for quite a while with at least 10 non-spam/one liner posts (the number is rather irrelevant, what matters really is the quality of the posts which can be said after reading even one of them, hence Fermat IMO is a good candidate)

And I second FrostyMouse's idea about assigning two moderators, preferably from two totally different time zones (at least 6 hours of time difference). BTW, FrostyMouse is also a good candidate for a moderator IMO.

Anyway, if you haven't already you should contact some candidates and ask if they would even be willing to do this job because knowing people, most won't have the time and that would pretty much instantly disqualify them making your choice easier.

P.S.
    I wouldn't mind if one of the moderators would be female but there aren't that many active female members in a Claymore thread (littleangel, Alisia, Ulquihorror, Nefnora, Natli come to my mind).

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Goral's temporary moderator idea could definitely work. It's not like any harm can be done to any forums outside of the Claymore forum as they'd only be Claymore-specific mods, not global mods or anything. I'm not sure that you really want to assign mods on a temporary basis, but we need a mod, regardless of their status.

It's fine to only have one mod if you only have a few members, such as SPoT or Fairy Tale, but Claymore has a massive influx of members now, so for the above reasons, it would probably be preferable to have two. I second Goral's idea on having them from two different timezones so that we'd cover more members.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Fermat is also a very good candidate. Firstly he's intelligent, logical and rational (just look at the quality of his posts here and if that's not enough @Animesuki - he has the same nick there) and that is the primary trait a moderator should have (hence HK wasn't the best moderator possible). Secondly, he loves Claymore and thirdly he's not a fanboy of any character which would make him more objective if some heated discussion would arise. Last but not least, he's a nice guy and from what I've seen, on MH you have to be nice or you get warnings ;P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    If you have problem deciding you could assign temporary moderators, let each of them moderate for a month or two and see who does the best job. The way I see it Claymore moderator should:

1) Love Claymore
    2) Have quite a lot of free time
    3) Be logical/rational and not spout nonsense (don't want to throw names but I think you know whom I mean)
    4) Be nice and cool headed
    From guess who on another site, weeks ago. Personal grudges much?
    Quote Quote:
    I had to moderate Goral, as he had some rude posts towards other members on this site I was modding at for 2 years until I got fired, so he's got a bit of a grudge against me anyways
    I like HK, even though he's not cool headed, but if someone objects that a mod, well, moderated their posts sometimes, instead of the reason why, then they'll never be happy with anyone else's staff decisions. Its stupid to bash on someone who isn't here anymore and HK does know his stuff, more than anyone else, its just that a lot of its speculative, so obviously 'your mileage may vary'. If you disagree, so what? Goral, the things he's said are actually tame compared to the ideas floating around about, say, Mai-HiME/Otome or certain GAINAX anime, you know.
    Last edited by faintsmile1992; April 17, 2012 at 02:59 PM.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread has gotten woefully offtopic. We're not ignorant of there being no Local Mod in Claymore currently, let us take care of that.

Topic Closed

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2