Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! Edit Poll

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

24 40.68%
  • Good

27 45.76%
  • Neither good, nor bad

4 6.78%
  • Poor

1 1.69%
  • Horrible

3 5.08%
New Reply
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 125 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 125 Spoiler Thread

Agreeing with the poster above

Roxanne never defeated Cassandra in a one on one battle. She defeated Cassandra using her cunning, making sure that every advantage was on her side. Killing someone who is missing a leg, and arm and an eye and covered in numerous other wounds really does not make you stronger then them, I'm not sure where that notion even came up because it seems kind of silly.

Roxanne did not really 'defeat' Cassandra, she effectively murdered her. That really didn't have any weight in a head to head contest. I do think however it was too easy, it should have been a harder fight considering they were all Abyssal ones, it's really just a name now...
    Last edited by SaphG1; April 01, 2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: typos typos typos

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    As in Teresa x Irene or Raki X Chibi Priscilla
    Ugh, thanks for revealing you don't read them either Ryus -__-.

No, it's more like Raki x the whole planet; I'm not a particular huge fan of girl on girl, and I can't vouch for him either but who knows what the future holds .

Quote Quote:
    Simply put, Claymore, although dark at times, has never escaped the shounen manga curse of friendship is magic. Ever since the Slasher's arc, this story has become My Little Claymore: Friendship Magic. I cannot think of a shounen manga that does not have this theme. That's my off-topic rant for the day.

I want to go back to Priscilla/Claire with Raki in the middle and Galatea/Clarice/Miata.
    Roflmao, I remember somebody, Dany actually, trying to figure out which characters are which....though, their are only 6 main ponies, and 7 ghosts which makes it hard.

And for the last part....., I told Dany that threesomes are a good idea!

Quote Quote:
    BTW, anyone else thinks that Cassandra being so easily defeated by Roxanne as a Claymore, later them looking equal as ABs and later Roxanne being defeated by Cassandra easily makes zero sense?
    In the interest of fairness Gooral, I believe Cassandra was getting whittled away by all the other warriors who were attacking her, but she didn't fight them back because she was only focused on charging at Roxanne like a kamikazi.

As for them looking as equals as Awakened...I think that's an interpretative thing....if we consider the idea that Cassandra was always stronger then Roxanne as an AB, then the only reason it appeared like they were equals, is because Roxanne was just playing around belaying her own superiority, and Cassandra wasn't doing enough damage yet maybe because she was too busy shit-talking XD.

===

I also, in general, believe Teresa was just sort of hanging around in the background during the Hysteria fight.
    Last edited by Shiek927; April 01, 2012 at 12:13 AM.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

6 ponies for 7 ghosts....

Well, Tabitha does not count as a character as background scenery cannot have character.

Solution found. We can all rest easier.

I hate to say it, but Yuma would be the apologetic pony. Do not know the name.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As to one on one fights when you have a fight like this where one person only wins due to another mistake it's fair to say they are equal in power after a long and hard fight (though in this case i disagree, get to that in a moment). Cassandra was fool enough to attack Roxanne through a crowd and didn't bother to dodge there attacks and Roxanne was fool enough to not attack with everything she had when she knew she should have. If equal fight in both places it was anyones game... both "victories" where like killing someone after they tripped on a rock in a duel.

I agree with Gooral that Cassandra did look a total weakling (though mostly due to Dae's hype about her death being revealed to be exagerated to a major degree, he built it up to be like she took on everyone Rockwell style, not idiot running through a meat grinder and being left to die) and fool (for above stated reasons) for dying that way but see Roxanne's death as plot induced stupidity.

In the end they where equal powerwise and ability wise in most respects but with Roxanne have the potential to do a more devastating AoE attack that also causes massive damage to even Cassandra (especially if she attacked with 4 or more whips at once, hell just think about all 8 at once). Cassandra flat out admitted that 3 whips would have defeated her, so all 8 would have just been omg.

In AB form I think Roxanne was potentially the stronger (just too cautious for her own good due to her potentially limited number of attacks) but in warrior form who knows... we never did see Roxanne's "secret sword" style after all () though it was left open ended if it could defeat "dust eater"

Oh well, woulda, shoulda, coulda... *sigh, now dead in the end
    Last edited by Ryus; April 01, 2012 at 12:40 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Roflmao, Fluttershy?

I guess Pinkie Pie would be...Cynthia?

Miria is Twilight....

Claire and Deneve are Applejack and Rainbow Dash respectively

Rarity would be....Helen?....

Nah, that can't be -- not in a million years. Galatea and the bunch of other vain characters we've seen though....
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    In the interest of fairness Gooral, I believe Cassandra was getting whittled away by all the other warriors who were attacking her, but she didn't fight them back because she was only focused on charging at Roxanne like a kamikazi.

As for them looking as equals as Awakened...I think that's an interpretative thing....if we consider the idea that Cassandra was always stronger then Roxanne as an AB, then the only reason it appeared like they were equals, is because Roxanne was just playing around belaying her own superiority, and Cassandra wasn't doing enough damage yet maybe because she was too busy shit-talking XD.
    That really in the end is just rationalizing something that doesn't make sense, something fans tend to do in order to keep everything in line as far as their perspectives(we are all guilty of it ^^). Roxanne should have lost I'd say but it simply should not have happened in such a lack luster and superfical sort of way. even in the battle between Isley and Luc, Isley took some rather serious damage at the end of the battle, serious enough that when Riful showed up he would have been face rolled into a shallow grave if not for Priscella. Cassandra on the other hand looked like she could go another 12 rounds. That kind of difference is something you see more often in Priscella vs anyone, being just fine at the end kind of diminished many aspects of the fight itself as well as the image that Yagi had been crafting behind the name Abyssal one. I don't think many fans are going to ever feel the term Abyssal one has the same impact as it once did.
    Last edited by SaphG1; April 01, 2012 at 12:29 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Cassandra as a total weakling and I never did....she is a crystal-clear example of the cute one having super "rarrr" power underneath the more you mess with her -- Roxanne on the other hand would, and frankly should, have won if she didn't spend so much time baiting and bringing out the 'rarrr'.

But you are right -- the whole story about Cassandra, and what we actually saw....Wow, what a difference. She went from being this fearsome legend to a tragic berserker.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

SaphG1, I'm trying to put things in perspective....believe me, when I see something that I don't like, I point it out. I mean for goodness sake....I ranted just now how much the term Abyssal has lost it's substance - you don't have to tell me.

And as for that Isley vs Luciella battle....I've always said that Isley faked his weakness in order to draw Riful out -- we saw plainly from his final fight how much power he could truly dish out when push comes to shove, but he still had all his legs and didn't presumably use his "ultimate sword"....Luciella was cat-food to him, plain and simple -- the only reason he didn't finish her off, was to draw out Riful and complete his plan.

So, in my opinion, he willfully transformed back whereas Luciella had no choice because of depleted yoki.

Quote Quote:
    Cassandra flat out admitted that 3 whips would have defeated her, so all 8 would have just been omg.
    So basically luck is what saved Cassie's life.

Their's also the fact that Roxanne strangely never copied her dust-eater....Roxanne most definitely never reached her full potential when, if she did, she could have beaten Cassie...

But shoulda woulda coulda as you said.
    Last edited by Shiek927; April 01, 2012 at 12:45 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ravenstar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

What the }{$#@$ just happened?!!

Hysteria eaten by Cassandra like a fly eaten by a frog.. really?!

Hysteria with all her elegance, battle experience & prowess.. Oh and her supposedly unparalleled speed.. what the #&@^ did Yagi do to her?!! but at the back of my mind I knew she would have never survived she was soo blinded with pride after all.. tsk! tsk!

Roxanne with all her sneaky scheming.. who was supposedly the only one who had all her memories & can remember her past.. who was obsessed with obtaining unique techniques & was soooooooo specialized in yoki synchronization she could hide her yoki from her targets.. what the *%@# did Yagi do to her?!! what a waste!

It's like Teresa all over again.. the strongest warrior becoming an idiot and then getting themselves killed.. but i get it Teresa had to die so that heroine would have a purpose.. but this? this does not have a purpose other than ending all the insanity of conflicting things happening in the series

I just hope Yagi doesn't ever kill Anastasia off this way or better if he never kill Anastasia off period..

until I read the English Translation this chapter is just full of #&$@*!

I'm just glad it's over.. no more potentially powerful & intesting characters being stupid & getting pawned a mindless %$#^# talker & #*% eater.. (at least for now.. hopefully with her surviving & she gets to think like the former AOs at with so many heads I hope she uses her brains or at least some of them hehehe!) If Cassandra can get a more mature AO consciousness/personality I'd like her more..

I mean seriously?! Apparently no one else but Miria, no matter how sneaky, powerful & experienced, would figure out how to stop Cassandra?!

The upside I won't see Cassandra grotesque form for a few chapters.. I'm sick of it.. I'm sorry for this but I'm in to aesthetics.. i just think it's too crude.. w/c in a way i understand since Cass is a simple kinda gal.. but still.. ugh!

Anyway hopefully we can move on to the Claire/Luphaela/Priscilla blob.. there is a possibility that Cass is heading towards the blob though since in a way that is the source of her existence..

I can't wait to see Galatea again..

And what happened to Raftella? Is she still alive.. I hope she is.. but sadly she's likely doomed to be another supporting character with not much growth..Where are the other warriors Anastasia, Cythia, Deitrich & the rest? Where they hit by the projectiles or are they safe?!
    Last edited by Ravenstar; April 01, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
    "How bitter it is, that all I can do now is wait and wait, even when all my feelings inside me are like scenes of dusk." ~ Yukino Houjou, GK & GK21

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FormerAbyssalone's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    6 ponies for 7 ghosts....

Well, Tabitha does not count as a character as background scenery cannot have character.

Solution found. We can all rest easier.

I hate to say it, but Yuma would be the apologetic pony. Do not know the name.
    NO NO NO NO NO . NO PONIES IN MY FANBASE. jk :P
    ~A day without laughter is a day wasted~

- You better bow down to Riful!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ravenstar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
    Their's also the fact that Roxanne strangely never copied her dust-eater....Roxanne most definitely never reached her full potential when, if she did, she could have beaten Cassie...

But shoulda woulda coulda as you said.
    I think that once again pride is the factor.. Roxanne had risen to the top of the ranks (top 5 I think) by the time she saw Cassandra's dust eater.. She was disgusted by how awkward & desperate the technique looked.. by that time she has acquired a few more refined techniques like the elegant sword technique she got from the former no.5.. she was not the newbie warrior who was easily impressed by the crude but effective evil sword anymore she had as most of the very powerful warriors been blinded by pride.. Hysteria is the best example of this..
    "How bitter it is, that all I can do now is wait and wait, even when all my feelings inside me are like scenes of dusk." ~ Yukino Houjou, GK & GK21

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner racjona's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Some questions for future chapters:
    1. Where is Casandra going?
    She went on the river to wash her face/faces after the battle :P

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As strange and terrible as this chapter might look, I'm actually happy. I've wanted this arc over basically since it began. Does it make sense that Hysteria seemed to be the weakest AO, except for possibly Rosemary, that we've seen? Probably not. Does it make sense that Cassandra was that much above Roxanne? Yes and no. What was the point of screwing around? Wouldn't it have made more sense to just finish Roxanne off immediately? Well, I don't know. In Claymore, people with overwhelming power advantages often take their time with their opponents, sometimes to their undoing. I had always thought Roxanne was the weakest of the three, and she probably wasn't far off. Neither Roxanne nor Hysteria ended up being that strong, and Cassandra wins.

The whole Miria vs Hysteria battle has taken like 8-10 chapters now, something which is unforgivable for such a meaningless fight in the grand scheme of things. Rigardo was more important to the story of Claymore, and he only got two or three chapters. Remember those early fights? Such as the spider AB and all of them? They were done so much better than these fights in this arc.

Clare is my favorite character, so seeing her get pointlessly put on the bus with Priscilla to extend Claymore (seemingly just for the purpose of extending it, along with the cheesy hand thing, which was so terrible) made me just roll my eyes at this whole arc. Plus, the characterization of the Claymores has really been poor lately, from Tabitha's idiocy to Miria's whole attitude/business. Chapters were wasted on Anastasia's group, solely so that we could have this cheesy fight with Hysteria to make Miria look good. I really have to ask at this point whether or not Clare is still the protagonist.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; April 01, 2012 at 04:56 AM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This might just be my love for Roxanne but is it not possible that she just hide her yoki faking her death?....;if as a warrior she could hide it from one specific target logically that power had to increase with awakening maybe she can hide it from everyone now .... i hope

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner krmtrad's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

As expected, something is finally happened for the last chapter of the volume 22..
    No matter how, this arc seems finished now.
    Tbh I am kinda disappointed that Miria is still alive.
    Cassandra seems to have a brain and could become the new Riful later.

I really hope this was the first and last battle with Anastasia's hair, or Yagi must make her die asap. The idea was good but clearly over-exploited.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

And so, the ZAO arc ends... Saw the scene a few hours ago but didn't get a chance to post.

Okay, let's go to the Hysteria rant first, because I can't even begin to describe how appalled I am at how Yagi butchered her both literally and figuratively.

I've said it back then and I'll say it again: Hysteria's entrance was one of the most striking character entrances in recent chapters. Yagi made it so show just how powerful the new characters were, and at the start everything seemed fine for the most part. Hysteria was wiping the floor with Miria, as she should be. Everything went downhill the moment she got killed by Miria's sword-in-mouth trick. She awakened, and what happened next could only be paralleled to a prince turning back into a frog after the long-awaited kiss.

Hysteria got a speed boost and supposedly became the fastest thing in the CLAYMORE universe, save perhaps Clare or Priscilla, but that was all she got. Her attack power was laughable. Her defense was pitiful. Her regenerative abilities were atrocious. I mean really, for all the yoki she supposedly had, all she could generate was four wings? She was so weak it wasn't even funny. Given her attributes, she would've been at least formidable as an evade-and-counter tactician who specialized in letting the enemy wear themselves out before going in. Sadly, Hysteria didn't think about such things. She had such confidence in her speed and likely believed herself untouchable, and she was probably right. There's no doubt in my mind she could've evaded Roxanne's blade and Cassandra's tentacle if she were focused. I doubt anyone else could've hit her. Yagi knew this. He designed her as such, and so he gave her that fatal flaw that would allow her to be vulnerable, else, she would be too difficult to kill. What was disappointing was how Yagi played out the flaw to the point of being irritatingly idiotic.

The circumstances surrounding her demise, I find myself approving of. Many have voiced dissent at how she couldn't evade that blade from Roxanne while even Yuma could. I found all her other instances of being one-track-minded appalling, but this one was different. Miria and Hysteria were both traveling in a near-straight line (a parabolic trajectory secondary to gravity, but since the initial velocity is so high, the curvature is difficult to discern), and Miria's speed surpassed Hysteria's despite the latter going all out. True, it was cheating, since Miria's speed was a combination of her own and the "slingshot factor" provided by Anastasia's hair and the yoki of all the other eight warriors, but that didn't matter. To Hysteria, it was an outright speed battle. Miria was beating her at the single thing she was most proud of, something she had lived (and died) knowing she was unbeatable at, the single attribute that defined her.

Roxanne left me sorely underwhelmed. In many ways, she was like Hysteria, though I actually think Hysteria is stronger, though not by much. Roxanne's speed was certainly nowhere near Hysteria's. Her defense was likewise poor. Her regenerative abilities seemed to be limited to healing hairpiece bites, though we never really had a chance to see the full extent of her capabilities in this realm.

Cassandra turned out to be stronger than I thought. Her armor seemed much tougher. Her speed while doing the Dust Eater is commendable. Her regenerative abilities were quite good. Hell, she looked good as new when she left Staff. From what I understand, she left because eating Roxanne had sated her hunger and that she was tracking Priscilla. If this is true, I hope this means the sexy nun in Rabona will be seeing some action.

As for that bit about Teresa, while the thought of her landing a decisive and critical blow on one who is likely the fastest claymore to have lived certainly fired up the fanboy inside me, it doesn't add up to previous data. Teresa specifically said in Extra Scene 1 that she and Rosemary had never come in contact with each other.

Now, where do we go from here? I had thought that at least two will survive to fight Priscilla and weaken her, allowing Clare the opportunity to gain the upper hand. Looks like that's out of the question now. I doubt Cassandra alone would deal significant damage, strong as she is. I suppose some alteration will have to happen to Priscilla when she emerges from the blob. Perhaps her yoki would be large but finite instead of seemingly limitless? Well, whatever the case, I'm excited to see what'll happen next. The first thing that'll need to happen is for that blob to burst. Maybe Raki will be involved in that process. As long he doesn't do unspeakable things to the blob, I suppose anything's fine.

Okay, I just weirded myself out with that last statement. Haha.
    Last edited by Fermat; April 01, 2012 at 07:18 AM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast