Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 33 Discussion | Ch. 34 Prediction

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SleepyV's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao no Exorcist Ch. 33 Discussion | Ch. 34 Prediction

Last edited by earthforge; March 01, 2012 at 12:12 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member luna_wolf's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 32 Discussion | Ch. 33 Prediction

The new chapter looks amazing XD
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Wingl3ssAng3l's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 32 Discussion | Ch. 33 Prediction

Chapter 33 is out!!

http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/33

ITS AMAZING <3
    +Ao No Exorcist+
    "Live for today and fight for tomorrow."

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 33 Discussion | Ch. 34 Prediction

So.... I was checking out MF per usual and saw a thread for chapter 33 and read "omg it's out and he controls his flames". FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- THANK YOU YOU ASS FOR SPOILING.

So, it's time to read the chapter.

Okay.... a bit of info on Rin and the demon sword! I'm happy. And so MANY panels of awesome! It's like she's compensating for the screentime of all the other characters till now. Very interesting how Rin can hear the words in his head - demon trait or trait of being the son of the head honcho?

I love how Yukio subconsciously realizes Rin's behind the final attack on the IK and freaks out. Good to see him active after that mindscrew. He seems pretty raw though.

Oh noonononononoNOO... Dammit Riiiiiiin! BAD DOG. Stop that kill-all attitude. ('course we know where he gets this insanity from.)

Aw SHIEMI. Let's face it, odds for shipping are heavily leaning towards deeper Rin -> Shiemi. So finally Rin beats back that fear of flames because everyone - everyone - has trusted him. Shiemi is really beautiful and amazing in this chapter. I love that line she says to Izumo: "even if you hate me, I still like you a lot." Reminds me of some of my old friends in elementary school. And Izumo's reaction to Shiemi saying they'll be fine: "EH? How can you SAY THAT?" is PRICELESS.

And Rin's expression when he says he controlled his flames. AwWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAA! The reunion is great, and the Kyoto branch leaders are very thankful to Rin. Oh snap, I just realized that because the flames wiped out the infection, Tatsuma may be better now. Love how Koneko's honestly crying about how he acted. Now onto the Okumura reunion.

Rin: Oh hey Yukio your okay!
    Yukio: *sounds of a rusty hamster wheel squeaking*

Whoah, Yukio. That is a HELL of a punch. Still, I'm glad that Rin resolved his issue even though Yukio is a total pit of insecurity right now. Heck, Yukio was so aggravated with all of Rin's comments and the fact Rin escaped. It just made him fly off the handle. Yukio should remember that line though: "I've always been scared... to face it or acknowledge it. But... that was... not... good..." Especially since it fits Yukio's circumstance very well. It's great for Rin's character because Rin will probably be choosing his personal goal soon now that he's at the starting line of controlling his power. As for Yukio... Yikes, so much foreshadowing!

And with the end of this arc we have the answers to a lot of questions. Like the name "Blue Exorcist" is one Mephisto came up with, and that Rin's blue flames can be used to burn something specific, like a giant infection. This means probably Rin can burn out a demon out of a human without harming a human.

Looks like next chapter is going to be a cooldown chapter for everyone involved. I had forgotten how nice it was to have a chapter without Toudou. Still - JESUS FRIST, Yukio, you just practically knocked out Rin (I know he was already exhausted but SHEESH.)

Well shit. I've lost breakfast thanks to that idiot poster. ARGH. Just 20min to get to class.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gahh!! Surprise stealth early super delicious ultimate mega happy good chapter of awesomeness!!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Both Rin & Sheimi made this chapter beautiful ... I especially loved this reaction of her:

Spoiler show

Her face was ultra-cute

The further the story goes on the more I dislike Yukio. I defo hope he's not the one ending up with Sheimi, Rin & her are just too perfect for each other

Also Mephisto looked look he had a few orgasms lol ... he's defo enjoying himself greatly

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member luna_wolf's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope yukio takes what rin says about accepting who he is in a positive way. Because his reaction is quite ambiguous. I guess he is incredably stressed.
    Its almost as if he can't comprehend that rin fully understands his situation..
    For example, yukio may love his brother, but inside he has always viewd rin as irisponsible and idiotic. So when rin tells him that he does understand and has the ability to examin his feelings and express his fear, its almost like yukio is seeing a very different side to rin.
    When rin was growing up, he had half of him sealed away, and since it was released, its like he is becoming the person he was always ment to be.
    I may just be reacting over the top due to the epicness, but. I think that the brothers are finaly starting to get to know each other and strip down the facade of lies theyve both been living. Yukio with his hiding hiss exorsist side and rin with his deep uncontrolable self due to only being half complete.
    This is a real tipping point in this manga, because they could learn from thier experiences from the last few hours. Or they could let everything break down. This is mostly directed at yukio for obvious reasons. But also at Rin. He is accepting his demonic nature, but how he behaves and his view on himself is still unsettled. At the end of the chapter he is still asking ''why was i...(saved)''

I LOVE THIS MANGA

I just want to Hug yukio and pat his head untill he calms down.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No yukio, you mustn't become Sasuke !
    luna_wolf brings up a good point, though rin's accepted his demon side for now, how he's gonna act from now on, we still don't know
    this story really has some strong character development

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I so love Yukio's reaction because it's purely "..... Just. What. WHAT?! I've just been beaten and kicked around, not to mention psychoanalyzed, by a demon for the better part of half an hour and... Here you stand, escaped and having possibly rampaged around?! You realize what position you are in at ALL? I mean... fuck!"

Doubt Yukio will become Sasuke, but his intentions and fears have been extracted like guts from a dissected fetal pig. Expect him to be so out of it he will strike out. Thankfully he probably got the immediate aggravation out.

Love how Rin has an almost Shiro-like look when he brags about controlling his flames and getting closer to surpassing Yukio (which I think prods the already open wound regarding Yukio's inferiority). And Shura's "well... he apologized."

Still, I think Yukio was most shocked at Rin's admission of being scared by it all. Yukio's also scared by it, but with people like Toudou taunting him, can ya blame him?

I find it somewhat funny that Yukio had to punch Rin to get that nice little scene at the end with Rin asking Shiro "what now?" I think Rin's goal now will be to find out what happened when he was born, as up to now he's been in denial about it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Zaresh's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Already read it.

Man, Rin's so damn cute. I hate you, Kazue Kato! I fell for AoEx because of him and now I'm falling again.

And Yukio as a**hole as allways. Damn it! But I guess he was in a lot of stress at the moment.

I think Yukio was shocked because he truly believed Rin was the most fearless (and reckless and easy-going) person in the world. Hearing he was scared of his flames must be shocking. I mean, I think Yukio really envies Rin way of thinking: he idealizes Rin's determination and valor a lot even if he thinks Rin's vehaviour is childish. And we know Rin isn't neither all childish nor fearless. But Yukio never noticed it. He's not as empathic as Rin (we know he is. A lot. He usually realizes what's happening to his friends. Not in love matters, but still...).

So.... There we go, just according to your plans, isn't it, Mephisto? You got your demon anti-demon and your ultimate weapon. Now we will see if Rin is just the kind of guy who is used to kill his own kind (if he sides with the human side. I'm not sure which trope is Kazue Kato going to play). I wonder if Mephis is planning murdering himself or something... Nah, nevermind.
    Last edited by Zaresh; March 01, 2012 at 10:10 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dark Matter's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good chapter indeed. Nice to see the story and character developement(in Rin's case that is) heading in a good direction so far. Would've love to see that scene with Rin regaining control before delivering the finishing blow. It'll be pretty interesting to see what Yukio will do later in the plot if you ask me. While not 100% sure or guarenteed imo, him joining his "Father's" side eventually is really what I'm starting to picture, then tables get turned.

Hope Suguro keeps that hair, I think it suits him better. Speaking of which, now that he's inherited Kurara, seeing him being able to catch up to Rin on the exorcist battlefield would be pretty awesome(though the potential strain might get in the way for a while).

Question though, does anyone know what Rin meant by his own flames devouring him? Are we talking about physically(kinda doubt it) or mentally?
    Last edited by Dark Matter; March 01, 2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Alternate translation

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    Question though, does anyone know what Rin meant by his own flames devouring him? Are we talking about physically(kinda doubt it) or mentally?
    I think he meant in both physical and psychological ways. I can see how the flames can burn his own human body pretty well if he goes all the way releasing them. And we know what happens when he loses his mind and goes crazy in rage and violence.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    And we know Rin isn't neither all childish nor fearless. But Yukio never noticed it. He's not as empathic as Rin (we know he is. A lot. He usually realizes what's happening to his friends. Not in love matters, but still...).
    It's not that Yukio never noticed Rin's weaknesses, and he has empathy. He wouldn't suffer if he didn't feel awful for hating his brother. The failure is in he handles the emotion. It's not about Rin, but about envying an ideal that does what he can't fathom - being able to take it easy, doing something and not necessarily being recognized for it. It's like someone envying a classmate who parties all night and gets good grades in college. The fact is, that person is either studying their butt off when you aren't noticing or isn't doing as well as you thought.

And heck, maybe you realize that but still hate them in the depths of your soul. And then hate yourself for thinking that and hate yourself for being unable to be as good. And then think about jumping a cliff. And then hate yourself for thinking that... In general, self-loathing is a giant island of shit that sticks to you. Wow, that was an awful analogy.

Quote Quote:
    I wonder if Mephis is planning murdering himself or something... Nah, nevermind.
    Do tell!

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't know if it's awful but I can picture the idea (I can smell it, IT STINKS! Ahahaha... Haha... Ah... Don't mind. To late, I should be sleeping by now).

I can't say I understand that train of thinking, I never envyed anyone because grades or success, rather the contrary: I would be in Rin's position in your analogy. So I guess I missed that self-loathing complex in Yukio's behaviour.

Concerning Mephisto. I was wondering if the Faust theme has a raison d'etre. Maybe he's not only helping humans to get rid of Satan just because of fun or power (this reason is pretty unlikely), but because he's bored to death, and he wants to finish his life as a human (and here I'm guessing he's both Faust and Mephistopheles) with blue and amusing fireworks. But I don't think this idea fits with the current atmosphere in AoEx. And after all, I think It's most likely he's doing all this because he wants to make his point to Satan about something they argued in the past.
    Last edited by Zaresh; March 02, 2012 at 12:02 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    It's not that Yukio never noticed Rin's weaknesses, and he has empathy. He wouldn't suffer if he didn't feel awful for hating his brother. The failure is in he handles the emotion. It's not about Rin, but about envying an ideal that does what he can't fathom - being able to take it easy, doing something and not necessarily being recognized for it. It's like someone envying a classmate who parties all night and gets good grades in college. The fact is, that person is either studying their butt off when you aren't noticing or isn't doing as well as you thought.
    Empathy (in this context) is about how good you can read people, not about whether or not you have emotions. And Yukio has problems reading Rin. He's so used to seeing him as an irresponsible, presumptuous idiot that he either completely failed to notice how insecure Rin really was, or refused to acknowledge it. Perhaps it is because he pictures him as a ideal and won't move from that, or perhaps he's trying to distance himself from his abandonment fear so hard that he's subconsciously shutting out clues, but it's clear that he doesn't know his brother even half as well as he thought he did.

New Reply