Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion

  1. #31
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by 4ghost View Post
    As for his mother, I doubt she was specifically targeted by the SUC or anyone. That is not to say that the SUC isn't responsible for her current condition. It's just necessary for us to remember that the SUC are pretty much acting as common criminals. They rob, steal, murder, rape targeting banks, people, businesses regardless of whether they are associated with Murim or not. His mother being a boss of some restaurant or something could have easily have gotten in the way of any SUC thugs target.
    I agree, she probably got caught up in one of the many indiscriminate SUC attacks, whether at the restaurant she manages or just on the street during commute.

    Also, I'm starting to wonder whether Shioon's regenerative ability is all down to the Illwallsindan or if there is something about him or the Black Heaven and Earth technique that enhances said ability. I guess it could be that the Illwallsindan is really all that special but then the guy trying to resurrect Shiho would know about it and attempt to use it on her since his school is the one who made those pills.

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,027
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    I don't think this was a bad chapter at all, we learned a few things. Shioon's blood made shiho respond with a heartbeat or something maybe temperature increase? Glad to know that Shioon's mother is alive, I'll bet she remains unconscious for the rest of part 2 and maybe even into part 3. Now Shioon will be able to dive right into being a Murim person 100%. He will know that his mother is in great care and safe where she is. Glad to see the doctor working hard at making a medicine/something that will fix Shioon's ki center. Once he recovers Shioon is going to be on scary mother fucker espeically if his speed shoots up.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #33
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Google it
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    it will be awesome if the Shop(not the maid cafe) that Shioon got a fight with the bully dude(forgot the name) and SUC skulls on the previous chapter is her mothers :P

    and if SUC is really behind that attack god knows what shioon will do .Shioon is already at the hospital to fix his ki center ....... and also the doctor wants more blood sample it's either he making a new type of One Moon Divine Dan to be like mass produce for either Shioon or for SUC

    OMG TWO VILEPLUME

    100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

  5. #34
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    Surely I am not the only one... but does anyone else feel that the doctor with the ball cap might be the 9 arts dragon?

    I am curious as to why someone would make a move on Shion's mom?

    I mean, S.U.C has no reason to...

    My only guess is that it is some of the Murium that still see Shion as an outlet for their revenge against the 9 arts dragon.
    Although right now I am leaning towards that they're two different people. I thought the as well before when the doc was first introduced - I also think there is a resemblance. Regarding the reason behind hurting ShiWoon's mom, I think the one that may have hurt ShiWoon's mom could have been Chang Ho?


  6. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,027
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    it will be awesome if the Shop(not the maid cafe) that Shioon got a fight with the bully dude(forgot the name) and SUC skulls on the previous chapter is her mothers :P

    and if SUC is really behind that attack god knows what shioon will do .Shioon is already at the hospital to fix his ki center ....... and also the doctor wants more blood sample it's either he making a new type of One Moon Divine Dan to be like mass produce for either Shioon or for SUC
    I doubt he would give it to the SUC, he needs Shioon's blood so he must stay on good terms with him. The doctor seems like a smart guy and the blood seems to be amazing so he has to keep his word. I can't wait until Shioon doesn't need pills to use his ki anymore, if he trains for 3 months he will be a complete beast.

  7. #36
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    WOw so Shioon's blood did have an effect after all . Well he has a special type of blood now after taking that egg in the 1st part.I'm kinda glad seeing there's a chance for Shiho to be revived . Though i must say that Won-Jae is freaking me out . He kinda lost it after so many failed attempts to revive her
    I'm starting to fear for Shioon . The guy is capable to take all Shioon's blood to resurrect Shiho lol.

    On the other hand I'm glad Jinie is alright and we saw her this chapter . The parts with her were hilarious especially the reaction she had when Shioon suddenly pooped up exactly when she had the darkest thoughts concerning his safety . And then she suddenly started running and dragging Shioon after her Just awesome really !And what was that with the surgery I really would have wanted to see another way for his Ki center to be fixed *sigh*


    About Shioon's mother, as we feared she indeed is in a grave situation , i wonder what is the reason for her losing her conscience ? And now she even was kidnapped by someone , probably the SUC . Shioon is gonna be so pissed about this . Sera was wrong to hide that fact to him . I mean come on she was his mother for god's sake . We don't know if he has a father so she was his only family . That was cruel IMO ! Hate her for that


    Overall nice chapter , can't wait for the next one as usual

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #37
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    thinking about it the person who hates shwoon the most is the bully he beat. he would be capable of hurting shwoons mother if he cant beat shwoon physically he can make him hurt by attacking his mother.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #38
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    I think Shioon needs to give a squirt of his blood to ji-gun, Jinie, and his mother they could single handedly recover over night. I liked this chapter and I think that the hobo doc will make an appearance to the loud elder. Then he could do some freak tests outright on Shioon. Maybe he will backstab that guy trying to ress Shiho. I liked Shiho she is the one who made GMR do some crazy stuff in the first part. I still remember the phone call "what would happen if I feed this thing to someone who has no inner ki". Or something like that. I think Shioon is too forgiving to hold a grudge against Sera. And for some reason I think the Sunwoo is about to get stronger with the addition of the old lady and her entire clan.....

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #39
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    About Shioon's mother, as we feared she indeed is in a grave situation , i wonder what is the reason for her losing her conscience ? And now she even was kidnapped by someone , probably the SUC . Shioon is gonna be so pissed about this . Sera was wrong to hide that fact to him . I mean come on she was his mother for god's sake . We don't know if he has a father so she was his only family . That was cruel IMO ! Hate her for that
    I don't think she was kidnapped, it is just the SunWoo clan can't find her because she is in Sera's hospital. Still, that was too cold-hearted of Sera to keep that info from him while he trained which is one of the reasons I dislike her.

  14. #40
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hiro Hayase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by svyatoslav View Post
    I don't think she was kidnapped, it is just the SunWoo clan can't find her because she is in Sera's hospital. Still, that was too cold-hearted of Sera to keep that info from him while he trained which is one of the reasons I dislike her.
    I do realize that you said dislike, and not hate. However I still disagree and say that Sera was being sensible, if Shioon did find out mother's condition then he might not have been able to focus on saving Jinie or his training with a distressed mindset. Of course this is all hypothetical at the moment, and we can only wait until Shioon shows his reaction after seeing his comatose mother in next week's chapter or the week after. It's not like Shioon mom died, and Sera didn't tell him. She did attempt to tell him a number of times before, but hesitated and keep quite in order to not distress Shioon.

    To be blunt, even I probably wouldn't have the courage to tell a person like Shioon that their mother was in a critical condition, and even more so if the said person was training in order to save someone else or too busy protecting themselves from would-be-assassins.

    I will reserve my judgement until we hear the full circumstances behind Shioon's mothers condition.


    P.S. Jinie's reaction was hilarious. This chapter was the calm before the storm~
    "Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong."


  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #41
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
    I do realize that you said dislike, and not hate. However I still disagree and say that Sera was being sensible, if Shioon did find out mother's condition then he might not have been able to focus on saving Jinie or his training with a distressed mindset. Of course this is all hypothetical at the moment, and we can only wait until Shioon shows his reaction after seeing his comatose mother in next week's chapter or the week after. It's not like Shioon mom died, and Sera didn't tell him. She did attempt to tell him a number of times before, but hesitated and keep quite in order to not distress Shioon.

    To be blunt, even I probably wouldn't have the courage to tell a person like Shioon that their mother was in a critical condition, and even more so if the said person was training in order to save someone else or too busy protecting themselves from would-be-assassins.

    I will reserve my judgement until we hear the full circumstances behind Shioon's mothers condition.


    P.S. Jinie's reaction was hilarious. This chapter was the calm before the storm~
    Haha, I don't think we'll ever see quite eye to eye when it come to Sera

    Still, I think that's the beauty of Shioon, he would've made through that and him knowing would've only made his desire to save everybody stronger (though I'm sure there would've been some short period of shock, after all that's his only family). I guess we'll find out soon...

    However, even now, in this chapter, I found Sera annoying. I know that she is not evil or whatnot but it is almost like she has no soul and for us Russians that's what is most important.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #42
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    480
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    There was nothing for Sera to gain personally by not telling Shioon about his mother. She held back because realistically there was absolutely nothing he could've done about it, and the distraction might've kept him from getting strong enough to not get killed.

    Actually, when you think about it, she actually put Shioon before her own possible gain. There is no way her deception could last, and it might end up ruining what little friendship they had going. She had to know this.

    I'm not saying she was right or anything, but it was definitely not selfish.

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #43
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    Sera did what she did for Shioon's sake and, practically speaking, it was the right call. If his mother wasn't conscious there was nothing to be done except worry and Shioon couldn't afford to do that at the time.

    It is going to put Sera in very awkward position but if she hadn't done what she did Jinie would be dead right now, and probably Shioon too when the grandfather from hell caught up to him.

    It was a bad situation and Sera did the best she could with it.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  22. #44
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    Well I disagree, about her motivation for withholding the information. She didn't do it for him, rather she did it for the sake of faster fulfillment of their contract especially considering the potential she saw in him. Back then, they didn't know that Jini was in trouble mind you.

    Sera even let him go after Jini partially because she wanted to see him do the same for her down the road (if she didn't then she wouldn't have told him about Jini either, I mean it is for his own good, right?). Who is she to decide what is better and what is not for him anyway?

    Never-mind the fact that she is one of the people who dragged him back into the murim despite his initial wishes and then watched him almost die several times without so much as lifting a finger (remember the time when Chang-Ho and the SUC were after him?). You didn't want to involve your clan? Well, you involved your clan when you went after him which in turn made the SUC step up their interest in him (they went from just observing to pursuing him).

    Anyway, so far she has played with his life at her own leisure for her own selfish reasons without so much as sparing a thought about his actual well being, as far as Shioon is concerned, she is a *****.


    PS. Granted she did start to change a bit with Shioon's influence, but this doesn't absolve her of her past "crimes."
    Last edited by svyatoslav; March 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM.

  23. #45
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 62 Discussion / 63 Predictions

    No matter the reason i don't think Sera did a good thing in hiding that fact from Shioon . I mean come on put in the guy's shoes . Would you like to remain unknowing of the situation if one of your parents were in that grave state . As i saw it she wasn't exactly doing very good , her life is practically hanging on a very thin thread , her state could change for the worse any moment so 'cause of that i personally wouldn't be able to forgive Sera for being so selfish .
    She was just charmed by Shioon's potential and i don't blame her 'cause he's really amazing but if she cared about him at least a little bit she would have told him the truth. That's what i think

  24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts