Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dragons: why haven't we seen them yet?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragons: why haven't we seen them yet?

Remember how Miria mentioned there are super strong dragons on the mainland? I'll have to go back and look for a chapter, but something doesn't sit right.

Let's say Claymores (and Awakened Ones) were created for the sole purpose of fighting these dragon beings on the mainland. The Organization most likely reverse engineered these beings and called them 'yoma'. However, if Claymores and Awakened Ones can sense yoki, shouldn't these beings be able to sense the Claymores and Awakened Ones, especially the Abyssal Ones and Priscilla? Why haven't we seen these beings yet?

Let's get a discussion going...

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DRAGONS?

The dragons shown in the pic above don't look very dragon like and we don't yet know if they use yoki or not but they probably do.

We know the Organisation creates yoma so maybe yoma are made by putting Dragon flesh in dead humans.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I would argue that they have made their presence known through Rubel. In fact, Rubel (or maybe it was Claire) stated that if the organization was simply destroyed they would just rebuild it elsewhere at an even more secretive level. Rubel's mission is to make the enemy give up entirely on the project and cast doubt on organization's research. It is a far more subtle and effective method than a costly invasion.

Considering how cunning Rubel is I believe it is fair to say that whenever the Dragons arrive it will not be good for anyone. Of course that depends on whether Yagi wishes to take the story that far.
    Last edited by Nixl; March 03, 2012 at 11:45 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't worry about them. If the org/mainland is more concerned with controlling their creations, then the dragons can't be that much of a threat.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dragons: why haven't we seen them yet?

Dauf-like with dragon tail

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judau Ashta View Post
    I wouldn't worry about them. If the org/mainland is more concerned with controlling their creations, then the dragons can't be that much of a threat.
    The Org want to control their awakened beings so they don't get killed by them and can use them to attack the Dragon kin. If the dragons weren't a threat then they wouldn't need controllable awakened beings like Beth and Alicia.

@ClaFanN1 who drew that pic? it looks like a well drawn fan-art.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I did lol, a long ago
    It's part of manga chapter I did for a claymore doujin with oc characters, only the first 12 pages are HQ.
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; March 18, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Traces of The Past : InkBlazers | Batoto

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

as unpredictable a manga this is, i would just have to say that they will either come from the mainland or the claymores or the Awakened Ones will go to the mainland. How are the people of the island oblivious to the world outside of themselves?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Because they live in a society who's power structure involves either a central church or a spy run protection scam.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bringing this back due to chapter 126.

So we have dragons... which are far more powerful than Claymores and Awakened Beings?

uh, is Priscilla a descendant of a dragon?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Linfone View Post
    Bringing this back due to chapter 126.

So we have dragons... which are far more powerful than Claymores and Awakened Beings?

uh, is Priscilla a descendant of a dragon?
    Firstly, we don't have dragons confirmed yet (but there most likely are or at least were some, otherwise the term "descendant of dragon" wouldn't make sence.)

And Priscilla is just an Awakened Being. DoD are most likely born as such, a different race so to speak.

The DoD however have to be at least as powerful as Claymore and ABs since the Organization is (desperately) trying to make a weapon powerful enough to defeat them. Prissy could be on DoD level, however (and Teresa most likely was, too.)

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't anyone think it odd that the explanation to Miria is that the dragons kept deep within the org (which are supposedly still alive) are used to infect humans with the yoma virus (so direct flesh from the dragon) and claymores are then created from the flesh of humans infected with the yoma virus (indirect flesh from a dragon, logically should be a weakened version of the virus) but claymore kick yoma ass and are incredibly more powerful than yoma? Plus the fact that so far as we know, yoma (directly infected) are unable to "awaken" to a stronger form but claymore (indirectly infected) are able to? Therefore if claymores are illogically the stronger of the two, wouldn't it make illogical sense that Clare, the only known warrior to receive flesh from a claymore, would be stronger then both?? :P

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Miria doesn't like dragons...and she's right about it, they were not supposed to exist
    Traces of The Past : InkBlazers | Batoto

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i would think she would be the weakest because unlike the resurrected ones, she received blood from a claymore who did not awaken while the 3 resurrected ones were given pieces of an awakened being. I think the Yoma receive flesh from the smaller of the two creatures and Claymore from the larger creature. I dont know. I kinda fade when writing this stuff.

Banned 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore's getting flesh from the larger DoD? You do know that claymore's get their flesh from yoma right?
    And not from the DoD's directly...

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast