Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Showing off Claymore in everyday life?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Showing off Claymore in everyday life?

Does anyone else wear or display any Claymore stuff? Like the pins, keychains, a T-shirt or something?

I don't generally during everyday life but a special occasion I will... like my last hiking trip I attached my Clare symbol key chain to my backpack when I headed out on a fantastic 3 day solo hiking trip into the Great Range of the Adirondacks.

Spoiler show

Claymore has always been an inspiration when I race too, and longer races like a few half-marathons I've done I listen to music along the way and have several Claymore MP3's.

Tomorrow is my biggest event yet, the Columbus Marathon, my first full marathon. Its also going to be cold! I just got the Clare symbol wristbands, and debating if maybe I might wear them through the marathon...
    Spoiler show

I got two of them incase I'd ever actually want to wear them, and the black Clare ones might actually look decent on me (I generally wear black) compared to the white Teresa ones (I should get them too just for the collection though). I just don't want to get them sweaty and ruin them. I assume they are just cotton. I suppose I could soak and hand wash them afterward though. I guess I'm not the type to keep everything in its original package all tucked away, I like to have my collection out on display, and things that I can use I enjoy actually using.

In anycase, I'll be pushing my Yoki limit tomorrow for sure. Ok I mgiht be letting to much of my dorkiness show lol. How about anyone else?
    T~Stew

2. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Showing off Claymore in everyday life?

I haven't got any such apparel and I usually don't wear licensed goods because it means paying them to advertise for 'em whilst they pay to have their stuff on the telly and on Formula One boards.

I would like a Claymore sword though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Project Spirit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If there was an actual variety of Claymore stuff to buy, then I would probably have a key chain or something. But I've only been able to find Clare, Teresa, and Alicia symbol key chains. I'd like more character variety. But in terms of products out there, I have difficulty finding nearly anything Claymore besides the artbook.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

And I can't even find the artbook in print except at a ridiculous price lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faintsmile1992 View Post
    I haven't got any such apparel and I usually don't wear licensed goods because it means paying them to advertise for 'em whilst they pay to have their stuff on the telly and on Formula One boards.
    Well, when it comes to Claymore I'll pay to support my favorite anime/manga! But yes usually I agree with you. I doubt I'd really be 'advertising' anyhow as no one would probably even know what it is. But it would be really cool to actually bump into someone that did recognize Claymore (well as long as they liked it lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Project Spirit View Post
    If there was an actual variety of Claymore stuff to buy, then I would probably have a key chain or something. But I've only been able to find Clare, Teresa, and Alicia symbol key chains. I'd like more character variety. But in terms of products out there, I have difficulty finding nearly anything Claymore besides the artbook.
    I got most all my collection right off Amazon, with the exception of a couple harder to find pieces on ebay. There is also the twin goddess keychain, but I didnt know there was an Alicia one?!?

Quote Originally Posted by faintsmile1992 View Post
    And I can't even find the artbook in print except at a ridiculous price lol.
    Well I am not sure what 'ridiculous price' is, since I've never shopped for a similar item, but its usually on amazon for around $65 (US atleast).

And just to update my original topic, I didnt wear any Claymore stuff to the marathon, it started too cold and I needed more than wristbands anyhow. I ended up with arm sleeves and gloves on. Would have done the keychain like I did on my backpack but didnt want anything rattling around while I was running. I did have several Claymore mp3's on my playlist and it really helped me find energy and strength, a long with various other tunes. While it was only my first full marathon and I wasnt in any position of being competetive, I did pretty well especially for a newbie, breaking 4 hours and having a really strong final 10k stretch that I passed hundreds of other marathoners. 1451 out of 5521, I'll take it!
    T~Stew

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Project Spirit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

> but I didnt know there was an Alicia one
    Yea, her symbol. I'm considering the twin goddess one. There were also some pencil cases on a site that I'm unsure if I trust. They looked really nice, and since art is a big hobby of mine, I would enjoy a better case.

congrats btw.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

DIY culture, make your own.

Buy a private blacksmiths, forge your own cosplay...

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've given it serious thought to see how much it would cost to make a real full size steel claymore. Or make the the hilt all as perfect as possible and use a close as possible blade in it, with it engraved with a symbol. I love DIY and have made a few cosplays back in my teens... not anime/manga but I did make a couple Klingon on outfits... complete with several bat'leth and mek'leth swords I cut from aluminum myself. If I was a gal I'd be making a cosplay of a Claymore for sure. But I haven't given up on the thought of doing a Raki or awakened Isley either.

I've sometimes wonder if it would be possible to create a good looking rear window image of something claymore on my truck. Probably not, I'm thinking about a lightning scene instead. There are some Clare window decals, and just the word Claymore decal but ehh. I see there are some t-shirts of Claymore on ebay, just don't seem that great to me. Was going to get a Claymore phone case for my iphone, but its a work phone and I'll be turning that one in in December.

Edited... here are some of the Klingon swords I made out of aluminum, leather, and even engraved one of them with my Klingon name...

Spoiler show

---------- Post added October 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was October 24, 2013 at 09:26 PM ----------

Well no Claymore stuff on me other than some of the mp3's on my playlist but I bought my race pics, here I am powering it into the finish line after 26 miles... couldnt beleive I could still muster up a full on sprint the last couple tenths of a mile...

Spoiler show

I'm thinking maybe next time a temporary tattoo on the arm or shoulder like of Clare's symbol or something like that. Simple, wouldn't look to weird or stand out to the ordinary folks. If I were Raki, I think thats what he would do. Or maybe on the back of my calf. Yeah I'm a bit Claymore obsessed. But its been inspirational and motivational especially in my running.

Here is the arrangement I wore early on since it was in the 30's (F), 2-3C. I needed more than the Claymore wristbands I thought about wearing initially. I guess the wristbands might have been awkward to wear with my gps watch anyhow.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by TStew; October 27, 2013 at 06:19 PM.
    T~Stew

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Irene's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I need a Riful plush doll...
    Galarene <3

New Reply