Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 150 Discussion/151 Prediction

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game Chapter 150 Discussion/151 Prediction

This is the thread where you discuss the current chapter of Liar Game.
    24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Chapter 150 is now out on http://tdx-manga.livejournal.com/

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 150 Discussion/151 Prediction

Lol
    Akiyama is so unpredictable!

I love that manga!!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You agreed with me that this arc challenges the ability to suspend disbelief, yet you say you love the series. Interesting...

As for this chapter, I'm surprised that Akiyama bid on Lot E. I suppose he assumed that there were going to be problems even if he didn't act because Harimoto would win the lot so there was no incentive not to, but I don't see how his getting the lot would help Nao. (That being the only objective left in the game) He and Nao, theoretically, could be doing exactly the same thing as Harimoto's group except that Akiyama's distraction would be a lot more compelling, but I'm not sure if Nao would go along with it, even if she knew Harimoto would be getting that lot as well.

If the move was not some part of a distraction scheme, Akiyama just put himself in an almost unassailable lead with an Ace high diamond flush. (If he wins, he has lots B + E. To refresh your memory: http://www.mangareader.net/liar-game/146/14)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

whether or not akiyama's blatant bidding is a distraction or not, the obvious goal is to prevent harimoto from getting a 3rd lot. though, if it is for the purpose of a distraction, i have a feeling that it isn't for nao that he is doing it for since she is standing right next to him, but for one of the other players who could actually be working with akiyama/nao who happens to be on the opposite side of the circle.
    Quidquid latet apparebit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was laughing almost the entire chapter

Akiyama's on fire.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Akiyama wants and needs chaos to get more players to his side, the ultimate goal is to win and get some of the players on his side, if possible, I suspect all except for the ones he knows are aiding Harimoto, mainly his group and Baldy it seems. This might be some semi-appeal to the heart he is pulling off, he is getting the blood of the players pumping!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to remember that even after Akiyama openly bids on this lot all the bids will be displayed to the group and they will then notice that Harimoto bid on the lot, which even for the morons they are portrayed as they should be able to understand they were duped early on in the game.

Part of me is glad that some of the other characters other than Harimoto and Akiyama were shown to actually have some intelligence, the girl trying to brush suspicion towards Akiyama was smart and she showed she has an understanding of the game, her surroundings, and the consequences of her actions. That being said I am still annoyed the mangaka takes the time to in detail explain every little thing no matter how blatantly obvious or remedial it is. Seriously, some of the stuff could go without explanation as it is inherently obvious.

Another thing that gets me each chapter is how strategic and intelligent the masked men appear to be at one moment, and then the next how utterly dumb they appear. These guys have been featured in earlier games and were shown to be smart but as they go on to further rounds of the game they are then portrayed as dimwitted and the newly introduced masked man is always more intelligent than them.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    You agreed with me that this arc challenges the ability to suspend disbelief, yet you say you love the series. Interesting...

As for this chapter, I'm surprised that Akiyama bid on Lot E. I suppose he assumed that there were going to be problems even if he didn't act because Harimoto would win the lot so there was no incentive not to, but I don't see how his getting the lot would help Nao. (That being the only objective left in the game) He and Nao, theoretically, could be doing exactly the same thing as Harimoto's group except that Akiyama's distraction would be a lot more compelling, but I'm not sure if Nao would go along with it, even if she knew Harimoto would be getting that lot as well.

If the move was not some part of a distraction scheme, Akiyama just put himself in an almost unassailable lead with an Ace high diamond flush. (If he wins, he has lots B + E. To refresh your memory: http://www.mangareader.net/liar-game/146/14)
    Well, yeah...
    I don't understand how those guys would believe the shit that Harimoto was saying about the spirit.

But, it's still a godd manga nonetheless.
    I like watching Akiyama surprise me everytime.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

It might be possible that Nao is in on it with Akiyama, but of course she might give the money from her lots to the others, maybe even some from Harimotos group, if she wins any. Though I just think Akiyama wants her to wait until he beats Harimoto, knowing Nao she may even try to help Harimoto.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I assumed that Nao would need to get a set of cards as her leaving the Liar Game would be problematic as she is the main character, but I'm changing my mind. She is in the black and will only get even more money if she does not bid on any cards. That allows her to "walk away" from the game at any time. Once free, she can turn around and do what Akiyama did and offer to take the place of another player and assume any previous debt they have accumulated. By doing that, she can free another player (Abe? Not sure if the author wants to play that narrative card so soon) and reduce the amount of money that would have goes to the Liar Game office through bidding wars on the cards.

Of course, Akiyama might have his own plans that would disrupt the easy flow of the game. (He might have just been appearing to be going along with Nao's plan since that allowed him to get 2 sets of cards and an Ace-high flush for only a few coins) One of the big problems in the series is that things happen and then they after the fact say: Oh yeah, people went off and schemed at X time. (In some cases that makes sense as we mainly get Nao/Akiyama's perspectives, but if they are there at the time, we should see people walking off and talking, not just be told about it after the fact. They obviously would have seen it, so the reader should as well.)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it akiyama either wants to stop harimoto's group from getting more bids or he simply wants to actually destroy the idea. If the latter is the case then odds are he found an inherent fault in the strategy as a whole (or perhaps a flaw large enough for someone to exploit soon enough) and taking this particular course of action would prevent it. I can't quite put my finger on it though, perhaps something happened behind the scenes. Perhaps he is merely a distraction and nao is actually the one that is going to bid though. Maybe if he makes it as if he is going to bid while someone else is actually places a bid he can make it appear like harimoto's ki is further interfering with the devices. Maybe he wants to have all the devices changed for some reason?

I just thought of another thing. What if someone in harimoto's group was to big right now? Perhaps he is actually preventing them from bidding so that their cheat is not found out. In this regard odds are akiyama means to save them from being discovered so as to keep harimoto away from the game. The peons without the king are worthless perhaps.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    If the latter is the case then odds are he found an inherent fault in the strategy as a whole (or perhaps a flaw large enough for someone to exploit soon enough) and taking this particular course of action would prevent it.
    We already saw the flaw in the strategy: When you know how much another person is bidding, you can easily outbid them. (The distraction part is only a flaw if you are utterly retarded.)

Harimoto exploited it in round 1 and Akiyama exploited it in round 2.

This game isn't overly complicated, so there aren't going to be any hidden exploits or misunderstood rules like there were in the contraband game. If the author attempts to insert one (e.g. OMG! I discarded cards to improve my hand, but I might not be able to get back to 5 cards, so I'll lose! What ever will I do!?!?!?!?), I will stop reading Liar Game and ridicule each and every person who continues reading the series. (I've been considering stopping since this game is incredibly boring and uninspired, but that would be a whole new level of stupid)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sema's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

We already saw the flaw in the strategy: When you know how much another person is bidding, you can easily outbid them. (The distraction part is only a flaw if you are utterly retarded.)

Harimoto exploited it in round 1 and Akiyama exploited it in round 2.

This game isn't overly complicated, so there aren't going to be any hidden exploits or misunderstood rules like there were in the contraband game. If the author attempts to insert one (e.g. OMG! I discarded cards to improve my hand, but I might not be able to get back to 5 cards, so I'll lose! What ever will I do!?!?!?!?), I will stop reading Liar Game and ridicule each and every person who continues reading the series. (I've been considering stopping since this game is incredibly boring and uninspired, but that would be a whole new level of stupid)
    if you want to drop the manga then please drop. you don't have to diss anybody that wants to continue to read the manga after you have dropped. enough of your elitism.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sema View Post
    if you want to drop the manga then please drop. you don't have to diss anybody that wants to continue to read the manga after you have dropped. enough of your elitism.
    First off, read what I wrote.
    Second off, wanting a believable and interesting narrative is elitism? (I could give you a lot of different objective reasons why this arc is absolutely pathetic if you'd care to refute them, or is expecting you to defend your opinion too elitist of me?)

Being satisfied with what Liar Game has become does not make you a bad person, it just makes you a poor reader.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sema's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

First off, read what I wrote.
    Second off, wanting a believable and interesting narrative is elitism? (I could give you a lot of different objective reasons why this arc is absolutely pathetic if you'd care to refute them, or is expecting you to defend your opinion too elitist of me?)

Being satisfied with what Liar Game has become does not make you a bad person, it just makes you a poor reader.
    fuck you. i will like what I like. I could care less about a piece of shit like you who looks down on people who don't agree with his point of view. If you don't like what is going on that is on you. I have read some series where I lost interest in them because of some of the developements and I decided to drop it. I never went on forums and called them poor readers for continuing to read those particular series. People will like what they like and they have the freedom to do so. I don't care about your reasons. It has no bearing on me enjoying the series for what it is. Those reasons are on you. Please just drop this manga and move on if the current arc is so pathetic to you.

New Reply