Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Claymore Science

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Claymore Science

Moderator message by: Utsune
    I've moved the recent posts to this new thread since I believe this topic deserves its own place for discussion, and the Chapter thread will be archived at some point anyways. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    Hi number12micheael:

If anything, Jean's return to normal human form from an almost 100% awakened form supports the idea that awakening is not a foregone conclusion. Her mental discipline and fortitude willed her body back to human form. All the Ghosts are half awakened and have lived for now seven years. That's probably fairly long for individuals with such hazardous careers. It's more likely that the Organization created another lie as a mechanism to remove aging warriors that could grow in wisdom and see through their deceit, such as Galatea or Miria.

To gain immortality is to become a god. All men fall, it is but time and method that differ (Ashur).
    .......so there not immortal?

you kinda lost me when you got all philosophical on me.
    Last edited by Utsune; January 29, 2014 at 08:23 AM.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 146 Discussion / 147 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    .......so there not immortal?

you kinda lost me when you got all philosophical on me.
    I think he said that they are. Since the phrase mentioned points out that no man or human can become god due to natural death.
    But the Claymores are not humans.
    We have to remember that when the yoki is in their systems, they don´t decay or age with degeneration like normal humans do.
    They are, in a sense, not human by a longshot. If there is a term to describe them, so would it be "Humanoid Abominations."
    They LOOK like women, but that´s it in terms of biology. but on the inside they are just as different as a three-dimensional being is to a two-dimensional one. They are human MINDS in eldritch bodies.
    They are so different that mankind would barely be able to comprehend them if it wasn´t for the fact that they where looking like humans.
    And even then mankind despises them to a frightening degree.

To put it this way to make things easier to understand.

Humanity and humans are three-dimensional beings. Cubes.

Claymores however, are four-dimensional. Tessaracts.

They are fundamentally different from any other life form in that world.
    This would also explain a lot about their powers and abilities.
    For example, awakening.
    (See the 4d-cube.)
    If the humanoid form is a mere shell then it inverts inwards to change to a awakened form that is far larger than the original one and not require as much food as it would need to feed a creature of those sizes. It would also explain how they could shift almost instantly as they, in a way, already walks around with their awakened forms in a four dimensional pocket space that they simply shift in between as the fourth dimension is pretty empty in this world. (As most things are 3d around them)
    This could also explain how the most powerful of the awakened, the Abyssal ones and Priscilla, could hide their yoki from the perception.
    They simply compressed it tighter inside their inner "cube" and locked the loop.

And this constant looping is the source of the claymore, awakened, yoki using, immortality as it rejuvenates itself with time as fuel for the loop instead of being three-dimensional (entirely human) who only deteriorate from the time.
    Example.
    A human being, a animal and plant... they are all solid three-dimensional forms that doesn´t change their form and can´t replace their damaged layers as time is the fire that wears it down until nothing remain.

The claymores, awakened ones and Abyssals are four-dimensional. To them, time is not a fire but fuel for their rejuvenation and ceased decay.
    As long there is time, the yoki-infested beings will live forever.
    So yes, after the battle, the survivors will benefit from immortality, eternal youth and essentially be the "gods" of the world from the perspective of mankind.

But remember, "God" is just a title on something that we humans can´t possibly understand or ever will. It´s just a word for our usage in a vain attempt to find it acceptable even if we are all clueless about the true meaning behind it.
    It´s no different from the word "Claymore."
    Think about that.
    Last edited by Nanozom; January 08, 2014 at 02:52 AM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

^Too much science for one day.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Spirit, Teresa's card was never used as we want it to be used.. Up to now, Teresa was never mentioned in name like ever except when Clare told her friends why she became a warrior. And there was many many situations Teresa could've been mentioned in name, yet she was never mentioned! Yagi is keeping her name from being mention for a reason. Goral and GEG made some nice posts about this explaining why Yagi is holding that name up to now and I seem to agree. Now Number A gave another possibility which is something I mentioned chapters before, she doesn't have to meet Teresa, as Yagi said in one interview that he will never bring Teresa back (what does he mean by this is still ambiguous) but she can have a fully controlled awakening without losing her humanity. The Teresa card will hold something important and I have my personal bet on it same as GEG and Goral.

About the immortality, I always believed that it was compatibility issue rather than weak heart and body. Further going to it, it looks like both are the reason. Just take us humans. Some being wealthy and having all his needs yet he commits suicide. Some are quite smart then go coco. So yeah a weak heart (mind) may be an issue for warriors too, but I think all comes if you have the susceptibility (being at risk) like a genetic predisposition thing. So your body was never compatible with Yoma's from the start but still you got to be a full warrior (not failed like Clarice) and with time this will show effects and will end up in losing control and sending a black card.

You have now three explanations of this each from a different angle, hope this would help form the basis of it.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claire got that heroic / vengeful spirit.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner StarPirate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    Like you said.. They are theories that we don't know how much they are true.. But one thing is certain, is that the sword can't emit Yoki and can't amplify it. So she having it didn't affect her Yoki, just extra protection.. But it wasn't in the center of her body! More of less broken to pieces and made around her most vital organs and that by itself was shocking, since the sword doesn't break at all.. So how did she break it?
    Shadow chaser tech had a claymore sword "chase" a target yoki, so for all we know the unknown claymore sword material is somehow organic in composition (think via giant tooth of dragon kin) and can amplify or create yoki in some cases... I mean there were veins coming out out it for a sec, right?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StarPirate View Post
    Shadow chaser tech had a claymore sword "chase" a target yoki, so for all we know the unknown claymore sword material is somehow organic in composition (think via giant tooth of dragon kin) and can amplify or create yoki in some cases... I mean there were veins coming out out it for a sec, right?
    The forever mysterious Claymore swords I agree, I do have a feeling that the Claymore sword could be organic in one way or another. On a related note, you could check out this thread here if you haven't seen already, there could be insights you would find interesting concerning this topic.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

It was through Yoki synchronization and Yoki detection.. This is the principle of Nina's technique.. She locks a target in her brain and lets her body move in a way that only targets the enemy to kill it (with the sword) looking like as if the sword is chasing and Nina is just holding it.. This is quite like Cassandra's nickname Dusteater.. She never eats dust mud or whatever (except maybe sh t) but it would look like it if you see it from above (as she cuts you to pieces). The sword being organic is something a little too much for me, because anything organic would decay with time unless it has changed in composition like fossils. Which is no longer considered to be organic as far as I remember. I think it could be a mixture of metals and compounds like steal is.. But way stronger.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It was through Yoki synchronization and Yoki detection.. This is the principle of Nina's technique.. She locks a target in her brain and lets her body move in a way that only targets the enemy to kill it (with the sword) looking like as if the sword is chasing and Nina is just holding it.. This is quite like Cassandra's nickname Dusteater.. She never eats dust mud or whatever (except maybe sh t) but it would look like it if you see it from above (as she cuts you to pieces). The sword being organic is something a little too much for me, because anything organic would decay with time unless it has changed in composition like fossils. Which is no longer considered to be organic as far as I remember. I think it could be a mixture of metals and compounds like steal is.. But way stronger.
    Diamonds are organic and they don't decay... =^_^=meow!

And I say that if cellulose and keratin can be considered non living tissue in plants and animals, with glucose making plant cell walls (technically not "meat" in a plant) and keratin making hair and nails in humans but being able to conduct yoki can support a sword as a yoki vessel. the carbohydrate based hair strands are technically never alive after they are excreted by the body but being able to be injected with Yoki by 8 different claymores using Anastasia's hair makes me think a giant tooth blade can't be too far off...

Btw why is a shadow coming out of Nina's sword if it's not yoki? I mean, QS and WC both are super fast, but only Nina's sword leaves a Tier Harribell looking ribbon behind? .... If it's just for aesthetics I get it, but just my two cents.
    Last edited by StarPirate; January 27, 2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Double check

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Diamonds are organic and they don't decay... =^_^=meow!
    But can any living make it?? That's the point.. I understand the word organic means having carbon.. But:
    Quote Quote:
    Diamonds are carbon crystals that form deep within the Earth under high temperatures and extreme pressures. At surface air pressure (one atmosphere), diamonds are not as stable as graphite, and so the decay of diamond is thermodynamically favorable (δH = −2 kJ / mol).[17] So, contrary to De Beers' ad campaign extending from 1948 to at least 2006 under the slogan "A diamond is forever",[42] diamonds are definitely not forever.
    That's from wikipedia.. So yeah everything organic decays..

Quote Quote:
    the carbohydrate based hair strands are technically never alive after they are excreted by the body but being able to be injected with Yoki by 8 different claymores using Anastasia's hair
    Keratin is a protein and makes a majority of hair.. But that's not the point.. Yoki can be transferred into anything it appears, but can't be generated by everything and that's the point.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But can any living make it?? That's the point.. I understand the word organic means having carbon.. But:

That's from wikipedia.. So yeah everything organic decays..

Keratin is a protein and makes a majority of hair.. But that's not the point.. Yoki can be transferred into anything it appears, but can't be generated by everything and that's the point.
    This, the physical universe we live in is in a current state of entropy: everything organic or not is decaying into a further state for now since the Big Bang (hydrogen to helium to ... Etc etc). Claymore has swords with throbbing veins... Anything goes there; maybe it's making yoki, maybe it just needs a bath. But like Riful 2.0, the sword may not feature in much detail latter on unlike Pricilla and her little surprises... Icky witch.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Claymore has swords with throbbing veins...
    The veins were not from the sword itself.. they were Priscilla's.. Considered it as if her body was covering it.. So yeah you would expect arteries and veins to surround it else her tissues would've died.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i always thought that because "claymore" takes place in a world different to our own then we cant apply our real world science to there world
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

It pretty much fits in our laws.. Like everything.. Even awakening is explained by physics yet not the full degree but I remember someone explained it as the reverse of transforming matter to energy.. Here energy is transformed into matter.. Since it is an equation so it should go in both ways.. Plus Yagi once used physics to explain Raki wining over the twins.. So yeah it is very similar to ours.. But different events.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i disagree with you , there world is almost nothing like ours , just because some things are "similar" means nothing , for all we know they follow a different set of "science" as the MiB seem to have some level of "science" due to them apparently never dieing of old age.

And for the Raki and twins thing he said "if we clash in mid air, THEORY states that the lighter one will get blown back" that has nothing to do with our physics.
    but then again they have gravity on the Claymore world so that must mean they have all the same rules as this world...right

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast