Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Claymore Fanfiction Thread!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Fanfiction Thread!

@Shelter:

I have kind of rewritten the first part of chapter 1 of Blankface, if you have time, please take a look and tell me, if that works better as an introduction to you.

Blankface

Thankies,
    kstefan88
    Interested in Roleplay?
    Whether you only want to spectate or to participate, come and join us:
    Klick me!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nele Rea Sanka
    People might forget you. People might forget what you did. But what you did will always be there.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this one has already been released on ff.net.
    Spoiler: Hugging practice show
    For those who are interested, I've just sent the outtake based on chp127 to Shieky for beta'ing

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fic like always dany!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Third chapter of my crossover: "The Sisters of Mercy"
    Enjoy:
    The Sisters of Mercy
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shelter's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I last posted a story here almost 8 months ago. In between writing Shiek & Dany's fic, I've written other smaller pieces. Here's one.

TITLE: The end of everyone's names
    LENGTH: 2,790
    CHARACTERS: Cynthia x Various
    WARNINGS: An sizeable amount of sex depicted, spoilers from the Northern Campaign onwards

Spoiler: The End of Everyone's Names show

I would love reviews. Also, if anyone's keen, could you help me think of a list of situations & topics that I can base my future one-shots on? I've been following the manga, but I realise I always return to the older content to mine for material for fics.

Merry Christmas in advance!
    Last edited by Shelter; January 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity on 17th Jan

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

omg Cynthia = biggest fluzy in all of Claymore x10!

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fluorideconspiracy View Post
    omg Cynthia = biggest fluzy in all of Claymore x10!
    Not exactly quite clear what "fluzy" means, but thanks for the read anyway.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shelter View Post
    Not exactly quite clear what "fluzy" means, but thanks for the read anyway.
    i think he ment to say floozy which is a girl who has a reputation for promiscuity-sometime spelt floozie
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    i think he ment to say floozy which is a girl who has a reputation for promiscuity-sometime spelt floozie
    Ahh thanks for clarifying. Must be a piece of American slang.

I have a question for the people on this forum about Claymore fanfiction, which I hope will help me in the future fics I write:

What kind of relationships do you like to see in Claymore? The Platonic, deeply tragically romantic (which is almost everything about Clare & Raki) or something else? And between which characters?

Asking because fics outside of the Clare & Raki (or Clare & Teresa) mould seem to be much less popular. At least among Claymore fans.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shelter View Post
    Ahh thanks for clarifying. Must be a piece of American slang.

I have a question for the people on this forum about Claymore fanfiction, which I hope will help me in the future fics I write:

What kind of relationships do you like to see in Claymore? The Platonic, deeply tragically romantic (which is almost everything about Clare & Raki) or something else? And between which characters?

Asking because fics outside of the Clare & Raki (or Clare & Teresa) mould seem to be much less popular. At least among Claymore fans.
    I would love to read a Roxanne and Cassandra story (i like em dirty but i guess the mushiness love crap is good to).
    Chronos and lars would be a pairing i would like to read about

same with Duph and Riful .
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    I would love to read a Roxanne and Cassandra story (i like em dirty but i guess the mushiness love crap is good to).
    Chronos and lars would be a pairing i would like to read about

same with Duph and Riful .
    I have to reread the latest chapters of the manga (last year or so) for me to fully grasp what's going between Roxanne & Cassandra, and to get some idea of Chronos and Lars' characters. From what I know, there aren't any stories on these characters yet, simply because they've been introduced so recently and writers haven't picked them up yet.

Back in 2010, I wrote something very short about Riful & Dauf. It's called Regeneration. (end shameless self-promo)

Or you can try reading this, which I wrote for Shiek and Danny:

TITLE (Tentative): Language of frogs
    LENGTH: 2,085 (Part 1)
    CHARACTERS: Riful x Dauf, Raki x Riful
    WARNINGS: Unconventional & implied sexual relations

SUMMARY: AU. They're only together because they're too weak to tear each apart. But with the Organisation hunting them down and something wrong with Raki's arm, being together might be the only option left.

Spoiler: The Language of frogs show

Would like comments & critique (take it apart if you have to) if you have the time to read it.

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You have no idea what a treat it was for me to see this up Shelter, especially in time for the holidays -- it's tragic how little reception Falling of the Abyss seemed to get in getting writers to actually take up the challenge, hence why we approached you....and with how long it took, it honesty crossed my mind more then once if you had given up on it -- that you were able to quietly finish it and work on it, was about the biggest surprise I could ask for .

Ironically, even better, someone on fanfiction.net almost took up the challenge as well and posted it almost exactly the same time you did - so it was a fun treat to look at both of them and compare the differences.

Looking at yours though, I can see why we approached you -- since it didn't seem like anybody was going to post anything on their own (and the idea was, aside from the rules, to be hands-off and let the writers do what they want), it's why I approached you with more stricter ideas and such so, if their is only going to be one version of the story, it might as well be at least close to what we pictured in our heads.

You still changed around a few things with ideas of your own, but the tone and feeling of the story was what I enjoyed the most and definitely was what I originally, and really always, had in mind with this Raki/Riful idea --- a story whose tone was very heavy and very dark.....Raki and Riful would both be pulled from the white and black extremes they both exemplify and meet in the middle in a raw sexual harmony, and it does seem like that's what you expressed -- I love Riful's language and bruteness underneath her superficial manners and proper-behavior, and her dominating persona. Raki seems....confused in a sense, in part due to his condition, but I love his wisdom in a sense, and what I mean by that is......him, surrounded by two people with unknown histories but containing vast power -- he's already a veteran in being in those situations, and seeing that the 'family' seemed to end up a tragic note (at least with the route FITA takes), I can see why Raki is reserved and not as forthcoming as one might expect.

Dauf was a surprise, to say the least -- I always saw him, in my mind, as in the way with this story.....oh sure, nothing stops him from taking all sorts of routes, including liking Raki or even seeing him as a son (if Isley can do it, why can't he?)...but in general, I felt his presence would be a hinderance to focusing on Raki and Riful - even if he survived or was alive during the beginning of the fic (if, for example, the premise of the Raki/Riful fic was with young Raki....such as Riful showing up to his town in the beginning or, perhaps, running into her after leaving Claire and Ophelia), I always envisioned him getting killed off (say, but Jean successfully)....Dany and I though eventually landed on the adult Raki premise where Dauf is already dead and Riful runs into Raki as he's being carted away by the Organization. Here though, Dauf is actually alive and well, though both are weakened......he's still as fervorantly loyal to Riful as ever, no doubt with some jealously (and fear) of Raki....Riful herself is unsure and wary of Raki, and given the position they are in after her messing with beings potentially much stronger then her, it's not surprising at alll.

Raki's strength was another source of ambiguity left deliberately up to the author.....what has my attention biggest of all is, of course, how you've gone for a literal interpretation - it doesn't seem like they've actually removed the arm and it's still bound to him....it's a dark literal interpretation that is something I definitely would expect from you. It's still not entirely clear how strong Raki is, or what will happen to him, but we may see soon enough.

Not really anything I can critique, except one....it does seem like, in the beginning with Riful on the lake, that she really has awakened, even though it's been said more then once that they cannot because they are too weak and cannot give away their position -- their are all sorts of other nitpicky questions, like their location, how they both survived (Riful and Dauf), how they found Raki and so on and so forth that have not yet been answered....but even if you don't, that's fine, as your emotional expressions and ambiguity have always been what attracted me to your writing (PTSD with Tabitha was so well written ).

And that's it....I could say more, but I wanted to leave it that - you really surprised me with this Shelter, and I was super-happy that this a FITA-fic actually saw the light of day....I may throw more challenge-ideas toward Dany that we can put out to the community, in hopes of stirring some creativity again...even if it takes a whole year, it's wonderful to break conventions and see something beyond the usual "Teresa comes back", which is something this fandom always deserved.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Shiek, thanks for your comments. Let me address several things that you've mentioned.

As I've mentioned to Dany, I find it quite difficult to put Riful and Raki together in the same story, or to string a coherent narrative thread. I had a lot of reservations writing this, and had the biggest problem trying to find something to put the two characters together. So I hope the changes still make the story interesting.

Dauf was included because I felt it didn't make a lot of sense to spare Riful but kill off Dauf. To keep things more to canon, he's alive and still with Riful. And adds tension among the protagonists.

I also wanted to give Riful a darker edge, like you suggested. She may be child-like, but she has a surprising capacity for brutality. On Raki's side, I'm trying to put him in a situation where he can get a negative response to Riful (jealousy).

There are still problems with the story. I don't know how to work the Abyss Feeders into the plot yet (they are a constant threat, but they have to be used to add tension). Likewise, I may have created a plot noose for myself because of Raki's condition. Most importantly, I still have no idea how this will end.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
    Ironically, even better, someone on fanfiction.net almost took up the challenge as well and posted it almost exactly the same time you did - so it was a fun treat to look at both of them and compare the differences.
    I've yet to write a review for howlingember's story. But I might contact him/her to bounce some ideas off to develop both our stories. His approach is more straightforward and direct, and he seems to be slowly developing Raki/ Riful. Hopefully we won't accidentally copy each others' work.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Shelter and Happy New Year to everyone!

LOL of course throwing them together isn't easy, as they never came close to each other in canon. What really got us running was, how would those two get along if they ever met? Riful is always seeking new friends, and Raki is this overly accepting guy who just recently had a very civil conversation with an AB. Shieky and I were sure they'd wind up as great friends in the end. That you're showing such a rocky, tense situation makes it even better somehow. BTW I'm surprised Shieky didn't gush when he held her at the end.

Raki reacting negatively to Riful is tougher IMO. For him to feel jealousy would require Riful to have something he doesn't. This could be either power (and he's not a power-hungry person), or just her being with the one she cares for (while he doesn't even know if Clare is alive). Anger would be easier to achieve, using Riful's attitude toward him, her manipulative and goading ways plus his own change causing him to snap.

I don't think Raki's condition is a big problem considering you're only planning for 2-3 chapters... in a longer fic maybe. Especially since you seem to favor open endings. You could end it at a turning point in the group's dynamics, maybe the AFs catching up and killing Dauf, while Raki's scent on Riful (from earlier *ahem* activities) fools them into leaving her alone.

I noticed you reviewed Howlingember's story and posted this one on ff.net. I'd like you send one of your comments back to you : what exactly are Riful's intentions toward Raki? Or rather, the group's feelings toward each other? You made it clear to me that they are together for convenience (mind you, this could be reinforced in the fic : Raki is nowhere near Riful or Dauf's league (yet?) and the two ABs are probably much more weakened than you're letting on if Raki makes a difference. Do note that Helen felt she would lose to Isley, who had been harassed by the AFs for a year). But so far, we have only seen discussions, reactions and acts, without much of a hint about the thoughts behind them. Is it all as tense and businesslike as you show, or are there some undertones brewing, like grudging respect, appreciation or possibly attraction?

Mind you, because you are describing a more complex situation than Howlinember, you could/should go more deeply into the different facets.

Anyway, I'll stop now before you I scare you off .

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ultimately, you did a great job Shelter....one of the key differences between Dany and I on this, was that I always envisioned a story that focused essentially only the relationship akin to Blue Pentacle's works with Raki and Luciella...a story that ignores the greater world and focuses entirely on the growth between these two. Dany disagreed and wanted to make a story that focused on all of the implications, including what a relationship like that would mean eventually in the greater world now that these two unlikely people have come together.

It seems like you are going for the former while Howlingmember is going for the latter (among all sorts of differences...as before, you are creating exactly the kind of story that's very dark and heavy in tone versus his story which is, surprisingly, K+ rated and seemingly much more light-hearted)...in any rate, their relationship does demand alot of answers, and the thing of it is, especially with how short you intend this to be....is that you really don't have to answer them all - whatever the reasoning was that brought them together, whatever the initial intentions were, It could be very much like the family of Isley/Priscilla/Raki....maybe in the back of their minds they know this can't last forever, but they don't care, nor want, to think about it too deeply because they want to enjoy this amiable status-quo for as long as they can. I ask that you consider that if you feel stuck thinking about the more nitpicky-details of the relationship between the two...maybe it doesn't matter to question the "how" or "why" too much; what matters is, they are together, and they want to keep it that way for as long as they can.

As for me gushing over the end Dany-banany....honestly, I was a bit distracted by what was going on and Riful's coarse language; of course, in hindsight, it's exactly the kind of proximity I've been hoping to see for a long time .
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast