Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Claymore Fanfiction Thread!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Fanfiction Thread!

LOL I can't remember when I got this idea, I've been working on this since last year, and took it up again recently (I've never seen/read the original mind you). I'm actually much further into it, considering I sent chp 13 to 18 (the whole 'Queen of Hearts' episode) to Shieky recently.
    But yeah, you get the idea, expect the Claymore characters' quirks, quotes and memorable scenes to appear in this, like Deneve's infamous shirt rip here . Some characters will fit the Alice roles (you should have guessed who plays the White Rabbit, feel free to imagine the others) while others will have original parts.
    Hopefully you'll have a fun read when I do finish it
    When you've reached the bottom, you can always dig yourself deeper - just use a shovel.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

While browsing through old stuff I stumbeled over something Claymore-related, a fragment, I wrote more than a year ago. Though I have no intention to do something with it, I thought someone here might - so I am just going to share it.

Spoiler show

As I said, feel free to use it, as you want.

Cheers.
    Interested in Roleplay?
    Whether you only want to spectate or to participate, come and join us:
    Klick me!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nele Rea Sanka
    People might forget you. People might forget what you did. But what you did will always be there.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shelter's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice short piece, but a little too modern for anything I'm planning, I'm afraid.

Did you have in mind some modern-day detective AU? Since I haven't seen a lot of good ones, you could win some readers over.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shelter View Post
    Nice short piece, but a little too modern for anything I'm planning, I'm afraid.

Did you have in mind some modern-day detective AU? Since I haven't seen a lot of good ones, you could win some readers over.
    That was about my intention, iirc. But it's from too long ago to remember in detail what I was actually going to do, so I thought someone might have an idea.
    Interested in Roleplay?
    Whether you only want to spectate or to participate, come and join us:
    Klick me!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nele Rea Sanka
    People might forget you. People might forget what you did. But what you did will always be there.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually don't like fanfics, but Claymore is awesome, and so are 90% of it's fanfics. Gonna bump this thread and hope for suggestions. I'm really into RakixClare.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCat View Post
    I usually don't like fanfics, but Claymore is awesome, and so are 90% of it's fanfics. Gonna bump this thread and hope for suggestions. I'm really into RakixClare.
    Well... I am writing one for the moment if you are interested in Claymore fanfics.
    It´s more of a AU fanfic... (Alternative universe)... and I have been working on it for a couple of years now.
    It´s called the "Silver Eyed Angel" and work on the premise off... (What if?... The Mainland sent reinforcements to take back Staff from Miria and succeeded?)
    Everything until chapter 126 is cannon in the content of the story.
    Here is a link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7712265...ver-Eyed-Angel
    If you haven´t already found it that is...

Just a suggestion.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Likewise, I have written a few fics on ff.net too. Mostly humor short stories, since I have no idea how to plan for a long fic (@Nanozom : you wouldn't have a few tips for me?)
    Here's my profile :

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1773005/Dany-le-fou

Also, I'm working on a new chapter for Claymore Outtakes.
    When you've reached the bottom, you can always dig yourself deeper - just use a shovel.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dany le fou View Post
    Likewise, I have written a few fics on ff.net too. Mostly humor short stories, since I have no idea how to plan for a long fic (@Nanozom : you wouldn't have a few tips for me?)
    Here's my profile :

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1773005/Dany-le-fou

Also, I'm working on a new chapter for Claymore Outtakes.
    Well. nice for you to ask.
    The first thing one needs to know when writting a long story is to have a overall idea on what it will be about.
    Also, make sure that you keep characters in character if using existing ones.
    Also, get inside the head of the characters to know them better and learn to think like they do. ask yourself "What would X do in this situation?"

I have read your work and laughed a bit... from what I can see, you like to put characters in situations and then fill the gaps about thier personas from there. For a long story that won´t work.
    One need to learn the characters to get them right and engaging.
    Also one important rule...
    Be cruel.
    Don´t let the characters or the main character walk on rainbows... throw them into a emotional minefield of nails just for the kick of it. people like to follow struggles. that is a important aspect of every longer story.
    Also, when writing character chemistry. build it slowly, one does not just blow the vent on the Bunsen burner and lit a match without losing something.
    On other notes feel free to build the tension up, don´t jump to the go.

The important part is that you feel that you have something to tell and knows how to tell it.
    Also, it depends on what you are planning to write.
    A comedic piece...
    (Example: The Claymore Blind Date Challenge... odd pairs forced to endure each other´s company for a couple of months, who knows what might happen during that time?
    And ps, for that, I imagined the pairs arranged in the Claymore Beauty contest... I saw some comedy gold right there in the match-ups and couldn´t stop smiling about it...)
    Or a more serious one?

Which one sets the rules for the story.
    so to say.

Hope this help a bit...

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Yeah, I know that the stuff I do in my humor fics wouldn't work for a serious one - but hey, OOC for fun is so, well, fun. Though I'd like to think that I manage to stay in character for my more serious works.
    I'm pretty much stuck at the very begining anyway. I do agree with, going in without an idea of what's going to happen is a receipe for disaster, and has a 99% chance for leading to an abandoned fic. That's my problem : how do you turn an idea into an actual plot? How do you plan arcs, the roads the characters will take to reach the end of the fic, and so on.
    An example is the 'Falling into the Abyss' challenge : I could lay the basis, but was unable to imagine where this could go. Another is this Claymore/Skyrim idea I've been toying with : instead of meeting Isley, Raki was taken to Skyrim, where he learns he's the Dragonborn. Seven years later, he returns to Toulouse. But that's it, I can't develop this further.
    Also, I'll admit I don't like throwing shit into the fan for the characters, not to mention Yagi does it pretty well already.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dany le fou View Post
    Thanks
    Though I'd like to think that I manage to stay in character for my more serious works.
    I'm pretty much stuck at the very begining anyway. I do agree with, going in without an idea of what's going to happen is a receipe for disaster, and has a 99% chance for leading to an abandoned fic. That's my problem : how do you turn an idea into an actual plot? How do you plan arcs, the roads the characters will take to reach the end of the fic, and so on.
    You want to know how?
    Well I can´t say much about that... but for example, take a look on my own story.
    (If you haven´t already...)
    See how long it is? the amount of chapters and in case you are reading it, how the characters are made and interract with each other?

None of it was planned from the beginning.

It is split in arcs and have a cast composing of 97% Original characters... with a few of the canon cast introduced.
    Each one of these Oc´s have a personality, a depth and a soul.
    They live because I know them better than anyone and can see them live their lives.

My story isn´t planned, I just write what comes natural.
    It is a reflection of life itself as none of us can plan ahead for the future in real life and most of the time none of us know what might show up around the corner, who we meet on the road and what will happen. It just happens.
    And real life doesn´t have a plot.
    That´s how I have written my story, and makes the story reach out and involve the reader as well.

I know that not everyone can do this and explaining how the writer´s flow work is tedious at best... I can say that when I write, I´m doing only what comes completely natural for me...

And I also spend every day writing on it but that´s another thing I do.

Don´t rush things. Know the ending but do not rush to reach it. It´s okay to take some time for it.
    Try to make up a setting and just treat it like a ordinary day would.

For example, that "Raki Dragonborn" idea you have.
    I guess you play the game as well to get a grip of the mechanics.
    Try not to just shove Raki away and return him immediately with a time-skip. Let the reader see how he survives in Skyrim for those years. And since that´s a open world there is plenty of opportunities to see him travel and train as there is a lot to explore there.
    Of course, what characters you are using in it is depending on you if you want to use skyrim characters or OC skyrim characters but as long they stay in character then it´s fine.

Also, remember to not make him the one-man-army that the Dragonborn is from the start... let the learning curve be realistic. Nobody wants to read about a boring invincible hero. That is the kind of struggle that I was talking about.

I can see the story develop to a great degree, but it´s you who have to see it as well.
    Life is life, no matter what world it is.
    Take one day at the time.

Hope some of the advice will be helpful for your long story debut.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, Nice stories Dany. A lot of them are Raki centric and Clare centric. That's awesome.

Can hardly find any Raki or Clare stories though. Thought they'd be more popular.

Gosh Nanozom, that's a huge story. Well... here we go.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner clarakiss's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCat View Post
    i used to do raki x clare fanfics too @ ff.net but i got busy with work n' all. i'd like to make moar someday though.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5