Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sorata View Post
    This sunday the Wrestlmania 23 has been in the air in my country(a beet to late), the match of Cena vs Shawn Michaels were great, i said that because i´m not a great fan of Shawn Michaels, but to me the greatest match was the money in the bank, Edge, CM Punk and Jeff Hardy were great in the match(Jeff is crazy lolol).
    Ranking the matches it would be:
    1º - Money in the Bank Ladder Match(speechless about this match)
    2º - Batista vs Undertaker(The powerslam through the table was great)
    3º - Jonh Cena vs Shawn Michaels(the oile driver by Michaels on Cena in the ring steps was the greatest moment of this match)
    4º - Battle of the Billionaires(I think Lashley should take Umaga by himself)
    5º - MVP vs Chris Benoit(Now i have a new opinion on MVP Skills)
    6º - ECW Originals vs New Breed(Van Dam and Burke stole the show)
    7º - Melina vs Ashley(Melina is so hottttttttttttttt)
    8º - Kane vs Great Khaly(a lame match)

Here goes a Music Video from Shawn Michaels, it´s a great video, almost like a Dragon Ball AMV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w3jgGXEKes
    If you can find survivor series 2002, watch the first ever elimination chamber or try catching Shawn vs HHH at summerslam 2002 somehow. I watched wrestlemania 13, the only matches I liked really were MITB, Cena vs Shawn, and MVP vs Chris Benoit(I love this guy)

Wait never mind, found it for you http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...bk-vs-triple-h
    http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...s-dean-malenko

Thanks goes to Lyra!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We are still awaiting further details, but PWInsider.com is extremely saddened to report that former WWE and WCW World champion Chris Benoit and his wife, former WCW and ECW personality Nancy "Woman" Benoit were both found dead today in Atlanta, Georgia. Obviously this will be a huge developing story in the days to come but at this point, we'd like to express our deepest condolences to the Benoits' family, friends, and fans at this time.

A meeting is currently ongoing at WWE TV and it is expected that tonight's three hour Raw will now be dedicated to Benoit's memory.

Man, I'm saddened to hear this. Benoit was one of the greatest and now this had to happened. It even makes it more sadder that his family is also dead. Rest in Peace- Chris Benoit, one of the greatest wrestlers to live!
    Last edited by worm34; June 30, 2007 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks goes to Lyra!

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yoniekai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

when i saw the news, my mind just went blank. i havent felt this since eddie guerrero. but chris was murdered along with his family. fck the asshole who killed him. rot in hell mother$$%#$%. benoit is one of the greatest
    `(•.°)~

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kadodo's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you serious? I did not know that until today. I give my dears condolences to his children and family. This is worst than Eddie Guerrero's death, because now we are sure that this is a murder of not only Chris Benoit but his wife also.

Were there any news on how he was actually killed?

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HisshouBuraiKen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was really shocked to see that. I haven't watched wrestling in a couple of years but Benoit was always one of my favorites - the man never failed to put on an amazing show.

My favorite matches of his were probably the series he had with Kurt Angle on Smackdown, back in the early days of the brand extension.

Now they're considering that it might've been a double murder-suicide, and that Benoit killed his wife, child, and himself. I don't want to believe that, and I pray it's not the truth.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

he's one of my faves too. benoit's rivalry with triple H and evolution was the best. maaaan i dont know what to say... police are saying it's most likely he killed his family then committed suicide, but that's just... un-benoit. he's a great great man, this would be the last thing i imagine him doing
    `(•.°)~

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard a long time ago that he used to receive threats, but that was a long time ago, I'm just puzzled by this. People sometimes snap, I just hope that didn't occur.......

Thanks goes to Lyra!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner evaJ's Avatar
    Country
    Aruba
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no clue there was a wrestling thread here! Surprise surprise!

The Benoit case is a real tragedy. The mentioning that they found bibles near the bodies of the victims [wife and son] is just bizarre. Then he went and hung himself with those wires from his training machines he has in his house. How messed up is that ? And there was no suicide letter left behind making this a huge mystery. Really sad because I loved him as an entertainer/wrestler, arguably one of the best ever, and he never seemed like an unbalanced man that would do this kind of thing.

Anyway, I'm a huge wrestling fan. Most of the times I watch Raw, sometimes ECW online. We don't get, well I don't get Smackdown here. I would like to add that the best heel in the business right now is Edge. No questions asked [in my opinion]. My favorite wrestler ever... very hard to pick, but I would go with Bret Hart. Shawn Michaels is very high up on the list, so is Chris Benoit regardless of what happened in real life. Austin and the Rock are also honorable mentions. I could go on forever, but for now I should shut up.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kadodo's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

It was sad for me to hear these news as well. However, one thing that bothers me is that why did WWE Raw made a 3 hour show in his honor? I mean, I liked the guy as a wrestler but for a husband to take a wire and struggle his wife to death; and a father to strangle his seven year old son to death is a big crime to me, what's really there to honor? Whatever the reason, there was no use to get this far by killing your own family. And he had a bible next to the bodies? If he really read the bible he would know that there is something that says : "Thou shall not kill" ans especially yourself.

I will remember his great matches but his last act was just cruel.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i keep thinking about stuff when i heard about the bible, like a cult or a staged murder, i dont know, it just really sucks... WWE has said not to mention the name benoit, i heard from my friend, i dunno, maybe the organization felt pissed. the killing was deliberate, not out of rage. i dont want to accept benoit did it, but that's what it clearly shows. nevertheless, WWE is right to pay tribute, tho it maybe wrong to say this, the last act still can't erase all the great things benoit did over the years
    `(•.°)~

Country
    Aruba
    Post Thanks / Like

WWE had to distance themselves from Benoit because of the complaints they had received about the whole thing. As in glorifying a murderer and such. People are very sensitive in this day and age. Personally I don't want to justify his actions, but like you guys in here I can't and won't erase his wrestling career.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kadodo View Post
    It was sad for me to hear these news as well. However, one thing that bothers me is that why did WWE Raw made a 3 hour show in his honor? I mean, I liked the guy as a wrestler but for a husband to take a wire and struggle his wife to death; and a father to strangle his seven year old son to death is a big crime to me, what's really there to honor? Whatever the reason, there was no use to get this far by killing your own family. And he had a bible next to the bodies? If he really read the bible he would know that there is something that says : "Thou shall not kill" ans especially yourself.

I will remember his great matches but his last act was just cruel.
    Well they did the tribute before they found this out. I'm not going to jump into conclusions yet until the autopsies are done, it's barely the first week. One time they said this woman committed suicide, but then it was found out that she was murdered later so I'll wait.

Thanks goes to Lyra!

Venom65437

Well, I am not much of a Pro Wrestling fan anymore, but I remember Benoit and was surprised to hear about this. All the evidence seems to point to murder-suicide and that's just sad. It's too bad we'll probably never be able to be 100% sure about why this happened.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To update apparently 14 hours before the bodies were found, someone posted on wikipedia about the death of his wife. Strange....

Thanks goes to Lyra!

Country
    Aruba
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been said that the person who posted that has come out and said it was just speculation. Supposedly they [investigators] have taken his computers, but not much more to it. And Benoit's personal physician/doctor's office has been raided twice by the DEA [Drug Enforcement Administration]. He could be in some trouble.

Or better yet, piece of the article from a wrestling news site:
    Quote Quote:
    Investigators seized computers believed to belong to the individual who posted a Wikipedia entry late Sunday night stating that Nancy Benoit had died some 13 hours before she was discovered deceased in her home. "It is unbelievable what a hindrance this has put on our investigation. We've got to put a lot of effort and time into working to prove or disprove that someone put up a hoax situation or that somebody was conceiving the death from out of state," Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3