Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated website for Claymore Fans

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dedicated website for Claymore Fans

I've pm'ed some members that were on the top of the list in the image thread posters, some told me the majority of the threads on AS were dead already simply because there was not much to discuss about claymore anymore, the fact there's no plans for more animations and the clueless manga path didn't help it.
    Anyways, it's always nice to have a place of or own, even if there's o much to talk about. claymorefans.com sounds something people would feel at home on, we can always hope someday a new show for claymore will pop in to remember the old days

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be frank - I won't support this project financially since currently I'm not in a position to do it but I could advertise this project at http://mibscanlations.blogspot.com/ . We don't have much views but once scanlation comes out there are quite a few people that visit it (currently over 5 000 in a matter of week after scanlation is out) and such people would be a target for your site. Hopefully at least some of them could support this project financially.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll create a thread in claymorefans website about customization and settings, we should discuss it there because it simple doesn't belong here.
    @Goral, thank you, any exposure is appreciated

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiek, you were the most enthusiastic about this dedicated site but somehow you're not posting there at all. I also don't see anyone besides me, limao and TimeMask there. In short you don't care about it any more and prefer to stay here, or what?

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not that people don't care, they simply don't have much to do there. I remember that Animesuki threads were not very active by the time they were closed. The fact that there are very few registered users doesn't help either, even if the discussion is low people prefer here since there's more people and the probability that someone replies is higher.
    Traces of The Past : InkBlazers | Batoto

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not that I don't care anymore Gooral....in general, I just haven't been around the past few days.

Plus, as Limao said, the place still has quite a way to go....plus, as with you, their is no way I can support the site financially.

Perhaps that makes me look flaky to all the enthusiasm I've given, but it is what it is - my funds are small enough as they are now and I'm reserving them for big emergencies only...I'm the type to hoard my money - call me a miser if you must XD

More importantly though, as Limao said....their's nobody there; heck, that's why I don't compare here so much as I did with AS and, in turn, why I haven't peeked as Limao's site perhaps as much as I should...since It may take all day to get one noteworthy response from somebody here at MH...I honestly haven't been paying too much attention over here, barring PMs from people.

But as for the site, yes, I still have my eye on it ....Financial wise, again, their really isn't much I can do, nor do I really know anything about how to make a website...about domains, or anything like that.

What I can do is give advice on how to make the site better, and I've been doing that....I mean, for posting for instance - why isn't their a short quick-reply box like here and in AS? And when I try to write something big, and expand the text-box into a new page...I can't see all the previous posts, so I have to make a new link.

See? Constructive criticism....it may seem like just nagging since I'm not really doing anything to help the problem(s), but their really isn't anything much else I can do since, nobody is really there yet and the site isn't even up on it's feet yet, and two, I can't support it financially since I really have no money and I'm saving it unless I really really need to use it.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there's a Claymore-dedicated forum in Espanol but none in English. This seems to be the first...

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

@Shiek: Quick reply is enabled for members now.

The place can be with little activity but at least we don't get these notifications:

"Your avatar is too big, you're banned"
    "You posted naked pics, you're banned"
    "You posted licensed material, you're so banned"
    "You're banned because of random ban (no reason)"
    "You exist then you're banned"

---------- Post added March 26, 2012 at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was March 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM ----------

About the payment...I can pay the domain.
    Maybe we can get 10 people to donate 1 buck each (The price for 2GB of bandwidth and 250Mb of space)

We can upgrade when there's more money

Btw, current donation balance: $0
    About traffic, getting some hits from google already.
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; March 26, 2012 at 05:24 AM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Then maybe you should add 1$ option or even 50 cents (or let people decide the amount they want to give)? Because now it's 5, 10, 15 and I'm sure that not many people would like to spend 5$ on a site where no one might be posting.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

My bad then, I thought $5 was not expensive
    I just put the button with custom amount.
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; March 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would donate but i have no idea how to use a paypal. And i don't have a credit card either.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

A counter bar showing how much money has been donated could also help. For all people know, you already have 50$ raised ;P. And knowing people, seeing that someone has donated already could convince them to drop some money into the pot.

Anyway, it doesn't look too well so far, maybe once new chapter will be out and more people will flock to our blog things will start rolling... I wouldn't be too optimistic though, so far it looks like it's a lost cause.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

$50 raised? Where would that come from? You know any rich fan of claymore?
    No, there weren't any donations Paypal Balance is $0,92 USD, but that money was already there before this started...

The only salvation for that place is that google injects enough traffic to get new users register, with new users participating maybe the old ones follow

About the counter bar, I put the current balance and goal, does the same effect.
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; March 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't look like the Claymore site will take off. It's at least 3 years too late, Claymore hype is gone now and even on the biggest Claymore forums number of people willing to discuss it is a fraction of what it used to be. Maybe it could work if second season of the anime was produced (or a remake) but now... We will have to wait a bit to say for sure but I don't see even a slight interest in this of other users :/. It's a shame because Claymore deserves a good, dedicated site with a huge forum.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast