Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Dedicated website for Claymore Fans

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dedicated website for Claymore Fans

Now now, none of this "woe is me" Gooral.....when you get done to it, I'm not sure this really this has anything to do with Claymore, but simply that nobody can or does want to fork over the money, myself included XD

Does that make us, in some ways, selfish? Well....yes -- I mean, I want this site to work out, but I've already went into why I can't pay....does that sound like excuses and make me hypocritical? I can totally understand that.

Regardless, Claymore's popularity has nothing to do with this - this is purely a financial thing and, as ever, nobody wants to pay for anything on the internet.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

There's enough interest in CM to get the new site going, but most discussions outside AnimeSuki are kept going by the 'Claymore cartographer' lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@Shiek
    It's not just about the money. So far they're not essential, temporary forum is still up and yet no one writes there and there are no new registrations. From what I see people don't want to register yet again and move again when this forum suffices. But you're right about people not wanting to pay for something they can have for free in other places (like here). Hence I think I'm being realistic when I say that unfortunately this idea has low chance of success. What can we do? If old AS users won't switch then MH users certainly won't. But this forum would still be useful if only to easily quote posts (on Animesuki because all threads are locked it would be inconvenient to do that since you could copy text only and not the BB code and when posts have many quotes or other things it's bothersome).
    Last edited by Goral; April 04, 2012 at 05:51 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny thing, it's listed nº1 and nº2 in google for "Claymore 125 Discussion". It's funny that's such a rare phrase
    Anyways, this month there was a boost in traffic, it got nearly as much traffic in 4 days as last month's lol.
    Google sent 329 visitors and yahoo sent 4

Here's the top keywords for April:
    Spoiler show

"raki and pricilla slept together", who the heck is looking for that?

-------

About the Usergroups, Single Digit (promoted after reaching 100 posts) can post news on the main page.
    Despite many users have more than 100 posts they didn't get enough pageviews to move from trainee to warrior (1000).
    Only after being Warrior you can get promoted to Single Digit.
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; April 04, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    "raki and pricilla slept together", who the heck is looking for that?

Roflmao
    , that made me laugh out loud XDXD

I swear it's not me, but I won't deny that is something I would search for

---

Gooral, the reason nobody goes there is because everybody is waiting for the site to get on it's feet first before going there....I can promise you that if none of these issues existed and the site was flawless right here and now, that people would be going to it...however, people are waiting for the money and everything to be taken care of by somebody else, before conveniently making an account.

In a twisted way, it's like the game board....right now, nobody wants to make an account because their are things to be fixed first...it's not from a lack of interest - if somebody was generous to donate money and all the little nit-picks were taken care of, people would "suddenly" be interested and go to the site.

That's what it is - everybody's just lazy and waiting for somebody else to do everything first before signing on; nobody however wants to be "that guy", so nothing happens.

Nevertheless, as you say, the website does serve right now one golden purpose - as an archive for all the Animesuki threads if those draconian bastards every decide to delete them because of "lack of activity" or whatever new garbage they come up with.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the hypocrisy of AS exiles. I'm sorry, but all this talk about how you people "can't" contribute to the new site is about as convincing as Yagi's writing in this arc. If you really wanted to make the new site work, coughing up $1 per person wouldn't break anyone's budget!! But no, building something is too much work. Why bother with that when it's much more convenient to act like you should own this place here because you thought you owned the AS Claymore board. I'm not going to defend the retarded AS mods, but it could be argued that it was the equally retarded attitude some of you guys gave the mods that in the end sealed the fate of your board. It's easy to talk big but when push comes to shove you don't have what it takes to build or maintain a place on your own, so instead you try to take over what others have built. I'm not saying this about all AS people because obviously ClaFanN1‎ for example is trying hard, but people like Shiek definitely fit the bill. You're welcome to stay here but if you do you should drop the entitlement attitude and recognice that the reason you are here is because we have built this place for all Claymore fans and you're unable to build a place on your own. Don't bloody give me any lip about not posting this from my own account. Having a bunch of people forever pissed at me for calling them out is the last thing I need, but this needed to be said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@Faint Teresa
    lol
    I believe there is a term "butthurt" that would fit here perfectly. BTW, who are you? Because for now you're some random guy commenting on a matter that doesn't concern you...

I don't know about Shiek but I don't even have a credit card (or other payment card for that matter, I'm using only cash and wire transfer which in this case can't be used or it could be but the cost of international wire transfer would be astronomical). So even though I would like to pay that 1$, I can't. But I've used my site to advertise limao's forum and from what I've noticed the moment I did that there was significant increase in the number of visits. And like I said, money isn't the issue here. What's the point of having a forum where 4 people would talk? I would prefer IM or IRC for that. So if there are no new users there then there isn't much incentive to give even 1 $ unless you're AS veteran. Other people will gladly use MH. In my case I would post both here and there . But there is a point of forum of AS size and even more liberal than MH policy. Simple as that. Having said that, welcome on my ignore list.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't you just love users who make an account just to rant?

I don't understand where this turf-war mentality comes from - how people from AS are "coming here acting like they own the place".

Who are you? What's this "we" stuff? How is more people coming to this website and boosting it somehow a bad thing? I can't say what it was like before I came here with the rest of the AS wave, but, if nothing else, it's brought more discussion then it had before - that's what tends to happen when, you know, more people show up.

You act like you own the place and you feel threatened by all the "newbies" showing up....And you say we are acting like we're "entitled"?

And please don't talk about things you don't understand - I have no idea who you are since this isn't, as you say, your main account (why? What are you afraid of?), but defending the draconian way-of-being of AS purely because you feel threatened by the "exiles" coming here and "threatening 'your' website" is about as retarded as they come.

If this is about the money, then put it where your mouth is and pay up if you feel so passionate...otherwise, keep quiet and join the party you're making fun of.

I mean really -- if you are bored, go take a shower....it's a much better way to spend your time then making an account just to rant at people.

---

No Gooral, I actually don't have a credit card myself, despite getting letters about them often which I promptly tear up.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if you don't have a credit card, you could find someone who has it. If you're going to claim you don't have any family members or friends who could pay $1 for you, who are you trying to fool? Where there's a will, there's a way.

I don't feel threatened by you at all, but it's lame to constantly refer back to AS as if everyone should know what you said or did there. That shows your disrespect for this forum. Always talking about your new site here is also disrespectful because you started doing that before you even settled in here. Where the hell you got that I was defending the AS mods I don't know because I clearly said the exact opposite and called them retarded. The problem is that antagonizing retards who had total power over you was also retarded and cost you your board. I don't see why we need to be super grateful for you coming here and trying to crowd the board. I don't mind if you talk here but don't act like you're veterans here after you lost your old place.

The fact is you can't be bothered to try and make your new site work. Do you think talking about it here is going to make a difference if none of you even post there at all, except ClaFanN1? Way to dump on a person's effort after encougaring them to waste their time on you. Stop whining about no one posting there and start doing it and make it attractive to people. You don't need money for that, you need to man up and give it a try. If it's too much for you then stop talking about your site here and admit now that you have failed. When this chapter came out you had a good chance to start a real conversation there and you failed completely. To miss this chance was a really stupid thing to do to be honest, because as time goes on your chances only go down. Why should I pay for your site when you won't pay for it and won't even work for it?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

If you ever can't afford a site, and you have trouble with the AS staff, and you think there might be trouble with staff here, there's a CM section here where the co-admin doesn't want to ban anyone and he'll be trying to expand the CM section. It's only just getting going, though, and we don't expect it to rival AS or MH or anywhere like that (not in the near future, anyway). We could make a new AS archive subforum under the Claymore section, if you're worred about existing threads being deleted. But you'll have to drag them over yourselves.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/animeworld/index/

Anyway think about it, because your sites not going anywhere right now, and an archive on a free and relatively low-traffic forum with its own Claymore discussion section would do just as well for what you need.
    Last edited by faintsmile1992; April 05, 2012 at 06:36 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@ faint teresa, had you written that under you true identity I prly would not have agreed fully but I think I might have liked you for being somebody with some serious spine

well, had you ... *smiles faintly*

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

The discussion in this thread does not belong to Claymore section or as a matter of fact anywhere else. You can continue this discuss through PM, IRC, or any other way you like to. Thread closed.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4