Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 360 Discussion/361 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 360 Discussion/361 Prediction Thread

@ForeverRain:

Many things could get in the way. Hallucinations distract him, mind breaks, not enough power to teleport so far, plus he's wearing himself down rapidly, etc. Mainly it seems like foreshadowing.

@Hikawa:

Only reason Cherry's teacher thought he was going to die was a couple of worrying brain scans from the doctor. Cherry's brain is fine, so it may be the case that these powers won't kill him. However, something is clearly fucking with his head at the moment. We'll see how things play out soon.

@kliff2004:

Remember, this whole thing doesn't just end with the Tokyo mothership. There's the rest of the world to consider as well as the post-invasion war. Apparently teams of Gantzers will be fighting each other for control of various parts of the world. They may have said that this is the final mission for their slaves but we can't really take them at their word. They'll either recall the troops when the tower falls or they will leave them to rot.

As for Nishi, didn't he say he was playing to take remote control of one of the mechs?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post

@Hikawa:

Only reason Cherry's teacher thought he was going to die was a couple of worrying brain scans from the doctor. Cherry's brain is fine, so it may be the case that these powers won't kill him. However, something is clearly fucking with his head at the moment. We'll see how things play out soon.
    In the Dark horse tranlation Sakata clearly says that thier powers are no good. That he has the internal organs of an old geezer. So it clearly does hurt them. Sakurai seems to be immune to this fact. Or oku just forgot.
    http://gantzplayers.webs.com/ <-- My Gantz Forum, Roleplay and talk Gantz.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I know he says that. But can his information be trusted to be accurate? I don't think Cherry is reacting to the powers in the same way. If it's even the powers fault that Sakata was a little messed up inside.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hikawa View Post
    Yeah seems like the psychic limitation of using them to much or you die doesnt mean crap to cherry. Hes like a chosen one or something. What can psychics do so far? Teleport, Heavy Telekenesis, Phasing through matter, a sixth sense of finding people, Psychic shields and everything associated with those. It's just nuts. I'd be complaining only if there was more than one psychic. With just one psychic Oku's throwing in the kitchen sink, and I'm fine with that, Oku clearly has watch Akira and yes that's likely where Sakurais inspiration came from.

The Irony in all of this is that he blamed the Tokyo businessmen for Tonkotsus death, and now unknown to him, he has become their bitch. Hes their greatest asset and they are lucky he only just removed the bomb just now. They got him there just in time.
    yes I agree with this so much. Except even one sort of irritates me a bit. The way Sakata approached him without testing him to see if he's even capable of doing it seemed to imply that anyone could acquire psychic powers they just need to be taught. I think that makes the manga a little too open ended and leaves a lot of questions that should be discussed that would probably change the whole theme of the manga. But I guess it's ok, to just throw in a random thing like that without too much detail to add in your "Akira" inspiration into your own manga.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    I thought he recognised a familiar brain structure in Cherry or something. And so he unlocked it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    yes I agree with this so much. Except even one sort of irritates me a bit. The way Sakata approached him without testing him to see if he's even capable of doing it seemed to imply that anyone could acquire psychic powers they just need to be taught. I think that makes the manga a little too open ended and leaves a lot of questions that should be discussed that would probably change the whole theme of the manga. But I guess it's ok, to just throw in a random thing like that without too much detail to add in your "Akira" inspiration into your own manga.
    first they need to have their brain modified to use such power by the previous psychic user it seems. here it shows Sakata saying that he modified Cherry's brain in order for him to use his power. and here we have Sakata saying that someone else unlocked his power.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    ^
    I thought he recognised a familiar brain structure in Cherry or something. And so he unlocked it.
    as in playerdude's link is said "Humans are capable of doing those things...", so every human. in the end Cherry could also unlock his comerades potetial. or only kei's .. as he is the nearest now.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Any thoughts on what role those businessmen will play? I mean that by far was the most interesting thing in the chapter, they are the ones that were mentioned that will survive this whole ordeal or something earlier right?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say the Zaibatsu gang sitting pretty at their apartment without suits are getting sloppy. They're pretty much counting on the fact that they've won, which only means the plan will fail miserably. I do wonder what kind of counter-attack the aliens launched, I just hope it isn't a bigger mech or something.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's probably just an astral projection. The real Cherry is probably braindead and drooling like a baby.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

How is Nishi going to get back to the the buliding he was since he did not transfer with his computer? I suppose he could always take the mecha with him and do that ^^. Although now it seems the mechas are being blown up like nothing...
    Last edited by Charlie; March 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    Wouldn't he just teleport or whatever he did out of that place? If anything I think he's going to be alive for a while, there must be a reason why he's changing and gaining new powers and such. He's probably going to play a big role somehow even if it's in some sorta self sacrifice way.
    He still wants to kill stuff. His powers can only get him so far. He needs to stay around there for the sake of the 'story'. Take your pick. It could be anything.

Y'know, it's like the same reason why the Zaibatsu didn't just teleport in the mechs right in front of the tower they needed to destroy. There's no action, fun or drama to be gained by doing the sensible thing.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Gantz 360 Discussion/361 Prediction Thread

cherry is beast right now...he's controlling the mech with just his mind.that thing is big as some of the skyscrapers...now imagine him against that psychic monster reika killed.he would have shredded that thing...to bad he wasn't there...
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know that...let's not forget the mechs are programed to move on their own, the pilots only have to move the arms.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    How is Nishi going to get back to the the buliding he was since he did not transfer with his computer? I suppose he could always take the mecha with him and do that ^^. Although now it seems the mechas are being blown up like nothing...
    wifi

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast