Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!!!

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.41%
  • 2 (Average)

2 1.41%
  • 3 (Good)

20 14.08%
  • 4 (Great!)

59 41.55%
  • 5 (Epic!)

58 40.85%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

1 0.70%
New Reply
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 660 Discussion

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 660 Discussion/ 661 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    LOL you're still at it with this "Smoker and Tashigi for the SH's nakama" theory
    Well good luck with it but still i doubt it will be the case ..

LOL...yeah..i think im the only one believing that...but oh well, we all have crazy theories anyway and i got my reasons hahahaha.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VegetarianWolf View Post
    what's weird is that the samurai didn't react a bit after he saw law .. who the hell cut him up? or maybe he's just plain stupid and slow
    "Papapa Pokerface papa pokerface." :P (I hate that "song", and it's burned in my mind ...)

It's actually that way that Law is by far the most likely cause for the samurai's body being split up like that. Remember the Marine with the seperated head with the burning body on Sabaody? The Samurai also knows about the rest of his body when he said something about the enemy he fought - who turned out to be Brook.

Where do you see the head seeing Law btw? I can see the head when Sanji makes the Franky pose - but afterwards, he's gone?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

They are together in the same place. Nami had time to recognize Law and Sanji to recognize Smoker, he should have had time to recognize Law. The thing is that Oda decided to not show it, so either he will do it later or the head really didn't recognize him which is weird.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    They are together in the same place. Nami had time to recognize Law and Sanji to recognize Smoker, he should have had time to recognize Law. The thing is that Oda decided to not show it, so either he will do it later or the head really didn't recognize him which is weird.
    Maybe he's just slow paced kinda like Luffy when realizing he's cold after several seconds pass . I think after they start running he'll figure out that the guy was the Shichibukai who made him look like that . I would really like seeing that

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, my mistake about the tattoos. However, in my defense oda did not quite drew the tattoos in every frame before, he did in fact skipped some. I think he might have even mistake which hand law had the tattoos in lol.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well time for predictions:

1. Law is just disabling Smoker's ship, afterwards he will either surrender or run because he has a plan for if something like this happens. His plan is NOT to kill anyone, this we know for sure based on how we have seen him battle. At most he will incapacitate his opponents, but his overall goal is simply to make sure that nobody leaves the island, and probably number two to prevent anyone from finding out more about his experiments.

2. We know that all of the children were in fact sick one year ago because their parents asked the WG for help. Now we all know that if the WG just wanted to abduct kids they could do it, but why do they all have this in common? Maybe if you just stole the kids from one island you would need that excuse that the kids were sick, but otherwise kids dissappear all the time. I believe the kids did have some sort of disease that needed to be cured and they found a way to cure it on the island. So that leaves two theories about the illness. #1 it's the same shit that took out Gol Roger, WB, and Brooks' old captain and they are finding a way to get rid of it because it is possibly fucking up the 5 Elder Stars. My second guess is they are trying to make the disease more virulent so that way they give antibodies to it for everyone they wish to keep alive and kill everyone else.

3. The frozen people probably are prisoners, but from Impel Down I'm not sure of. I guess I will say they are from Impel Down just because I'm constantly punished for thinking too much with this manga. If it looks like a tomato it's a fucking tomato right?

4. It bothers me that Law was surprised. Everyone is going apeshit in that facility so how does he not know? He spend all of his time in the frozen room or something? I mean seriously, how can he be the last person on the island to know? Especially when he WAS aware that Smoker was going to show up? Just seems odd.

5. As mentioned by others the Samurai did not make a big deal about Law. This can only mean one of three things. First is that Oda didn't remember or choose to put that in the chapter yet. The second is that there are in fact two samurai (which to be honest I could care less to discuss one way or the other anymore). Finally, it could mean that there are two Shichibukai on the island. My evidence to support this is that Law is being directed by someone extremely high inside the WG if even Vice Admirals are not allowed to leave if they gain knowledge of it. Also if it's that important you may not have any idea how Law would react right? Well that's why you send Donflamingo to the island too. I say Donflamingo because he's the best canidate for this theory as he's kind of silly, can cut things, has been shown to be the most loyal Shichibukai outside of Kuma, and has that smiley face thing similar to Law altough that is a stretch since Ace had smiley faces too.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Page356 View Post
    1. Law is just disabling Smoker's ship, afterwards he will either surrender or run because he has a plan for if something like this happens. His plan is NOT to kill anyone, this we know for sure based on how we have seen him battle. At most he will incapacitate his opponents, but his overall goal is simply to make sure that nobody leaves the island, and probably number two to prevent anyone from finding out more about his experiments.

I don't know about that. He didn't have problem attaching a cannonball to a person's body instead of the head, so it can explode afterwards. Then there's his nickname "Dark Doctor" and the fact that he has "DEATH" tattooed on his knuckles. And let's not forget the story about 100 pirate hearts. Even if they are alive, it doesn't seem to me that Law gives a shit about their lives.

When he said he couldn't allow anyone to leave the island, I believed him. He either wants to kill them or capture them. But then, killing them off is easier then capturing them and having to worry about more prisoners. Either way, it doesn't seem that he's concerned whether or not some of the marines would get killed during the fight. In fact, he had no way of knowing if there's anyone left on the battleship.

As for Law being surprised, I don't think he didn't know about SH being imprisoned. I think he expected them to be dealt with with gas, like they were supposed to be. Or at the least that they won't suddenly come out of the same door that he did.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Actually to me it seemed like he was surprised seeing the children and the SH's suddenly showing up there and not surprised as if not knowing of their existence on PH I personally think he knew about both 'cause he sure addapted to the situation right away
    I don't see why the Samurai dude wouldn't have reacted to Law after seeing him. He didn't say a word to him. So chances are they don't know each other, meaning that he didn't cut him up or know about the kids. Otherwise if Law knew of the Samurai then he would have known about the kids since the guy came to get his son back, the two are interconnected. Law not reacting would make sense if he had something to hide in relation to the kids, but the Samurai would have every reason to reacted to Law.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

At first Sanji did run past Law, so the head couldn't take a look at him, being a head without a neck to look left and right. Than Sanji turned towards Smoker and Tashigi, which were standing in front of the kids and Law, this time he couldn't look at him too. In the next panels we see Sanji, but not the head, but he's still standing in front of Chopper, than turns around left-sided to escape the Marines and adress the kids. When in all the chaos would the head have a chance get a good look at Trafalgar? Imo none.

Oda may have skipped those two meeting for a later moment for the big cliff-hanger we got now. It would create more questions and discussion options for another time.
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 15, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's like saying in all of the previous chapters that the samurai head wasn't able to look at who he was talking to, it was just luck that he faced that direction...the samurai head definitely got the opportunity to look around based on what we know on how his head can move. It is much better to figure out why there is a lack of reaction unless Oda chose that the head "just happened" to not look around.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    At first Sanji did run past Law, so the head couldn't take a look at him, being a head without a neck to look left and right. Than Sanji turned towards Smoker and Tashigi, which were standing in front of the kids and Law, this time he couldn't look at him too. In the next panels we see Sanji, but not the head, but he's still standing in front of Chopper, than turns around left-sided to escape the Marines and adress the kids. When in all the chaos would the head have a chance get a good look at Trafalgar? Imo none.

Oda may have skipped those two meeting for a later moment for the big cliff-hanger we got now. It would create more questions and discussion options for another time.
    Except the fact that the head has no real issues turning on its own it seems. Just one example of that is on this page when he is looking at Franky who is almost behind him while the side of his head is basically turned towards Sanji. Yet in the very next panel he is directly facing Sanji eye to eye without Sanji having moved at all. Not to mention that in this chapter Sanji yells out and asks Law if hes responsible for capturing the kids. So don't you think that would have caught the Samurai's attention and at least warranted a response if that was the guy responsible for all of this? Its a pretty big stretch to assume that the Samurai head couldn't see and/or hear anything at all to the point that it was completely oblivious to the situation at hand. Did he suddenly go from having a keen awareness of his surroundings to being a blind and deaf mute? I doubt it. But we will see.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's always Sanji turning the head to speak to him directly at those first pages and later on it's Nami/Chopper talking to Law, Sanji to the Marines. Look at the panels and who's in them... did you close your eyes/mind to argue for your own theory/argument?

Since the head can't move, it would roll if it could, the samurai is in need of a carrier. That's even said in that page you posted. Aware of not, having no time or way to look at Law is still the most likely case for the disregard.

Time to sleep, I will wait for a good explenation countering my arguments.
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 15, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg you're serious. Please read previous chapters as well. I won't post specific links because you need to look at all of them, even on panels where he's not facing anyone, like the children, or Franky, he is noticing and speaking to them even if he isn't looking at them. Notice how even if he is kicked, dropped, thrown, WHATEVER happens he is always facing who he is talking to, and if that isn't happening his eyes are always on them and he is aware of what is going on. It is okay to say things like Oda forgot, Oda chose to save the reaction for later, things of that nature, but it is absurd to assume that the head did not notice Law

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the time and situation they were in it's easy to asume that he didn't notice Law. There's also a difference for exaggerated comedic scenes and serious situations when character stay true to their possibilities. I wrote I had to sleep, therefore I don't have the time to reread the chapters and only have this chapter for reference, where the Samurai never did what you state him to being capable to do.

Why did I stay awake!? Ahh.^^ Good night, good fight to the rest. The three people thanking/liking the post above can take over. hahaha
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 15, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    e: erase This one would be a powerful one.
    a: attach
    E could also mean Extract

New Reply
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast