Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!!!

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.41%
  • 2 (Average)

2 1.41%
  • 3 (Good)

20 14.08%
  • 4 (Great!)

59 41.55%
  • 5 (Epic!)

58 40.85%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

1 0.70%
New Reply
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 660 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 660 Discussion/ 661 Prediction

You know the kids who went wild for the Amazing Stag Robot Franky(its the Ultimate form!)? Those guys weren't in Namis group that encountered the Frozen People! Those lil bastards were hanging back to see more robot punches and shit! You only see them again during the SUUUPEEEEEERR pose! I love mischievous One Piece kids, & considering his maturity level I'm lumping the samurai head in with them.

Hochaaa!

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Demon's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if it was mentioned in the thread yet, but my whole opinion in regrads to Law being on the Island is one of a few options:

1) Seeing as law is actually a brilliant doctor, the kids are actually sick and he is trying to cure them, some sort of late on set gigantisism.

2) Law has actually turned evil, the whole 100 hearts thing, and is actually experimenting on kids for his sick pleasure. (Which i doubt)

3) Law himself is investigating the whole abduction, being a good guy, and in doing so is trying to find the person responsible for the actions, none of the kids recognized him!

On the frozen bodies, maybe it was laws way of keeping all the heartless pirates alive and immobile.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Gol D Ace's Avatar
    Country
    Malawi
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Law is still good guy who got trapped in a dodgy situation with M and that this ark will be about luffy paying back his debt to Law when he saved him at the end of the war.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you all think Law is a good guy? Seriously, he hasn't done anything good, besides rescuing Luffy, which could have wery well been for selfish reasons. He said it himself, he rescued Luffy because things could turn out more interesting if he stays alive. In fact he shares the same philosophy with Doflamingo, who also wanted the pirates to escape because it would be more interesting. And their Jolly Roger is similiar, too...

Even pre Timeskip, Apoo (i think it was him) stated that Law is cruel.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    At first Sanji did run past Law, so the head couldn't take a look at him, being a head without a neck to look left and right. Than Sanji turned towards Smoker and Tashigi, which were standing in front of the kids and Law, this time he couldn't look at him too. In the next panels we see Sanji, but not the head, but he's still standing in front of Chopper, than turns around left-sided to escape the Marines and adress the kids. When in all the chaos would the head have a chance get a good look at Trafalgar? Imo none.

Oda may have skipped those two meeting for a later moment for the big cliff-hanger we got now. It would create more questions and discussion options for another time.
    You are pretty confident of yourself when, like you said, the last time we see the head is the Super pose (actually that's quite interesting, where is she ?). As for me I wouldn't even bother to look in detail so much. A comic is just a few panels and Oda is only showing the important parts, you can't say for certain that the head did not see Law from what is displayed. On the contrary, the natural flow of the story implies that everyone had a look at Law and Smoker. I mean, when Nami says 'You, I know who you are', a normal person would look in the direction she is looking at, at least that's what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander92 View Post
    E could also mean Extract
    If the letters were that important, I think Oda would not have messed his right from his left. And again, Japanese alphabet is used for Law attacks

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    Why do you all think Law is a good guy? Seriously, he hasn't done anything good, besides rescuing Luffy, which could have wery well been for selfish reasons. He said it himself, he rescued Luffy because things could turn out more interesting if he stays alive. In fact he shares the same philosophy with Doflamingo, who also wanted the pirates to escape because it would be more interesting. And their Jolly Roger is similiar, too...

Yeah, I bet he regretted that decision for at least a moment when he saw SH storming through the front gate

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    A normal person would look in the direction she is looking at, at least that's what I would do.

If the letters were that important, I think Oda would not have messed his right from his left. And again, Japanese alphabet is used for Law attacks
    Yes I'm confident to recite what's shown and how it's shown. Both had different objects of attention, Sanji completely ignored Law and focused on Smoker, Tashigi and their marines. It was a chaotic situation, so you don't have to look at somebody saying something, his concentration may have been on another part of the situation. It could be this way or the head might just talk about it, once we're back with Sanji and Co. Oda does a lot of things parallel, so it could happen next week already.

Even Oda can retcon things, like haki. :P I think I read somehwere, that the Supernova were created in a short time, that could explain some little chainges. And it's not like this is the first time when Oda makes a mistake at drawing something differently or forgot to draw something like Garp's scar.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be very surprised if both of them can use haki now. Smoker should do that because Coby stated that Vice-admirals use haki,and law should have improved enough not to disappoint us. Yet,as we saw from Aokiji VS WB,haki isn't enough against rogia users,since they can coutner the enemy's haki with their own haki.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Even Oda can retcon things, like haki. :P I think I read somehwere, that the Supernova were created in a short time, that could explain some little changes. And it's not like this is the first time when Oda makes a mistake at drawing something differently or forgot to draw something like Garp's scar.
    I don't say he never makes mistakes. But his mistakes are done on things of minor importance that you can forget. If the tatoo had a relation with the devil fruit, he would not have forgotten it half of the time or exchange the hands like this time.
    Last edited by k-dom; March 16, 2012 at 08:42 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

the cover of this chapter was colored,it means the next one won't be so. It should go on with miniadventures,and we will see the kuja or the tenryubito. perhaps the tenryubito preparing the reverie.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    the cover of this chapter was colored,it means the next one won't be so. It should go on with miniadventures,and we will see the kuja or the tenryubito. perhaps the tenryubito preparing the reverie.
    Lol, reading about Kuja tribe always makes me giggle, since in my language, "kuja" means "bitch". Bitch tribe, lmao.

About the samurai, it's obvious that Law did the cutting, since nobody else has that power. We know that the head and the torso belong to the same body. Legs have a similar clothes pattern which is confusing. The easiest answer would be that it's all of the same person, and everything points to that. But then why all the mystery with talking legs and head seemingly not knowing the same information?
    Either the legs belong to some other samurai, or Law has mastered his ability in such a degree that he can cut off parts of consciousness along with body parts. It's not so weird when you think about it. Kuma was able to repel fatigue and pain with his ability, and if anything, Law's power seems more versatile. Perhaps the legs remember what happened and the head just doesn't.

Sure, it's also possible that the head simply didn't pay attention to Law or saw him. But why bother with stretching out the sub-plot if we're going to find out later that it's all the same body?

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post

I wouldn't relate Doflamingo with Law just for the smiley in their Jolly Rogers; the Kid Pirates also have one smiley on his flag and they aren't related with Doflamingo.
    Last edited by Kokuryuu; March 16, 2012 at 12:03 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Why bringing up Doflamingo at all?! If Doflamingo was holding any grudge against Luffy, he had the opportunity to decapitate him right away in Marineford where he stood less than 5 metres away from him, after Luffy's actions against Bellamy and Disco. But Doflamingo didn't care at all for Luffy.

Even if Caribou turns out to be one of Doflamingo's henchmen, there's nothing that hints about Doflamingo turning towards Luffy for sth. like revenge.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

People are saying that the Samurai didn't get a chance to see the shishibukai for all sort of reasons ...
    But the thing is doesn't the Samurai have the ability to sense things, and that's how he is able to control his legs and upper torso, don't get me wrong I know how Laws ability works (a little bit :P), and after detached the person still feels the other parts, but what the Samurai is doing seems different, its like he can sense what surrounds him.

And that why he was able to fight Brook so well, isntead off randomly swinging his sword at stuff.

So too sum it all up I think we didn't see his reaction because unfortunately there are a finite number off panels and there was just too much going on already.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's always Sanji turning the head to speak to him directly at those first pages and later on it's Nami/Chopper talking to Law, Sanji to the Marines. Look at the panels and who's in them... did you close your eyes/mind to argue for your own theory/argument?

Since the head can't move, it would roll if it could, the samurai is in need of a carrier. That's even said in that page you posted. Aware of not, having no time or way to look at Law is still the most likely case for the disregard.

Time to sleep, I will wait for a good explenation countering my arguments.
    Sanji who is looking at and speaking to Franky and saying that they need to find Nami and co. suddenly at that exact moment by divine intervention decided to turn the head towards him for no reason other then so that he could have the Samurai head yell at him and tell him to leave him alone. The guy who can sense and feel the smallest movements of people all around him, without his head, suddenly had the awareness of a rock with his head. Yeah...i mean that type of stuff making sense just flies over my head i guess.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

New Reply
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast