Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!!!

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.41%
  • 2 (Average)

2 1.41%
  • 3 (Good)

20 14.08%
  • 4 (Great!)

59 41.55%
  • 5 (Epic!)

58 40.85%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

1 0.70%
New Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 660 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dalyup!'s Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 660 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by yieps View Post
    He created a Room big enough to fit in everyone of the marines but lifted the ship instead of cutting their limbs to make them unable to fight. That's kinda irritating...
    Well, Law did he say he can't let them leave the island so it makes sense to get rid of the ship first. Smoker may defeat him or something, so it seems reasonable to get rid of the Marines' transport straight away.

Anyway, I agree with the others, those frozen people do look like ID escapees. Although Lord Rayleigh's theory seems more likely, perhaps they were hiding out at Punk Hazard after their escape and when Aokiji and Akainu came to fight, Aokiji froze them. Either way, I wonder why they kept the same clothes whilst making their way to the NW if they were indeed the escapees.

Looking forward to the next chapter after all these interesting developments.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    - Impresive powers for law. He can:

1. Create bigger rooms, or at least we havent seen one like that one.
    2. Choose what to move/cut and what not to move/cut inside the very same room: notice that smoker is inside the room but he didnt fly around head down.
    3. Not only cut a chosen entity inside room, but also move it as he wants to.

- But... the question is, what those powers can get against smoker? Cutting seems to be useless, but moving seems to be effective.

- Are some of those frozen ppl wearing prison clothes? Are they impel down former prisoners?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Law is responsible for the state of the frozen people. I guess that inside this Frozen Room he used his Room power to tell the ice to move onto the pirates' bodies so that they ended up frozen, the same way he has just done with the river and the battleship. It's like a hunting trophy room for the Shichibukai.

These frozen people are very likely to be the 100 people the G-5 marines talked about and the people who escaped Impel Down on their own. Law's powers are really impressive : he is like the master of physics inside that Room, anything around becomes a potential threat for his opponent. Also, if he beat 100 lvl-6 prisoners, he would have gotten a massive power up within these 2 years. It's just like Sanji's quest to beat the 100 okama masters but this time with 100 Lvl-6 prisoners. I expect him to be a little stronger than Luffy.
    Yeap, if Law is like the master of phisic inside the room, cutting power could be the same of moving power: to cut something, Law just have to order both parts to move away from each other.

It would be difficult for Law, (judging for what he shows until now) to froze something, if his power solely consist on been able to move every particle as he wants to. Beacuse to get frozen inside an ice block, the water around has to go from liquid to solid state... and that is much more than moving particles. It would be a matter of changin temperature inside the room. But maybe he can do that also, only Oda knows.

But... using a similar idea, Law can surround Smoker with water from the river, and so weaken him and defeat him.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: still learning to write

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I'm quite impressed by Law's abilities. This guy could destroy islands if he manages to increase the size of his " Room ".
    Quite glad that fights will begin soon, although I'm quite curious about what's happening there, and what is the relation of Law with that M guy.

Good chapter for me.
    he has surely improved during these 2 years,he must be stronger than back then,although I doubt he can already lift islands.yet,his DF is one of the most dangerous,I'd have liked to see if it had worked on someone as strong as WB,or if his haki had rejected Law's power (as did Aizen in Bleach against soifon's shikai)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member AmyRiddle's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure if i like thinking of Law as an enemy. He is on my list of people i really really like and i dont wanna like a villian D:
    He looks so calm while still giving the "yeah, now im pissed off, gtfo my (fake) vacation island" vibe XD
    That look he had when Nami and co arrived, i didnt know if i should laugh or be scared... ah damn, even if he ends up a villian, ill still like him <3

Other then that, im looking forward to Smoker vs Law and i do hope that Law has a really good explanation why he kidnaps children and freezes people.
    I mean, i cant see him do that just for entertaiment or something, so there gotta be a good reason.

I did miss Luffys team this chapter and Sanji is still annoying the hell out of me but that is just two small things that dont matter when the rest is just so damn epic

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I've already seen this "film" : Smoker is following his path toward justice,trying to stop the SH,then he gets involved with a shichibukai(crocodile/Law) who tries to kill him in order not to allow him escape and refer what the warlord is doing. lol,did you notice that?the only different thing is that smoker is a vice-admiral now,and not just a captain,and he hasn't been imprisoned yet

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt Law and Luffy will fight. They're on the same team, more or less. Smoker's lieutenant is going after the strawhats and Smoker seems to be engaging law. Luffy has no reason to fight against Law; at least for now. Does anybody think Law was the guy that cut that Samurai up? Law has destroyed the Marines' ship, so I don't know how anyone would escape. It's possible someone could die here.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that I read comments, it's true that the Frozen prisoners may be due to Akainu ice rather than Vegapunk. Still I wouldn't bet they are related to Impel Down prisoners escapee, in particular with level 6 ones.
    I wonder if we can understand from the children comments that everything started one year ago.
    And yes it will be interesting to see Smoker fighting against Law. His logia body is theorecally not really affected by Law room, plus his jute has probably still some seastone. Now will we haki added to the mix ?

And btw, the head said nothing about Law when they met each others....
    Last edited by k-dom; March 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

So... Smoker and Tashigi now have a serious problem with their ship ... if there weren't other ships they could seize. Like the Sunny!!!! Smoker, you better not ...

But IMHO Nami & Co. running into Smoker and Law was expectable. Oda just loves to create such a funny chaos. So, he creates them even without Luffy nor Zoro.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    So... Smoker and Tashigi now have a serious problem with their ship ... if there weren't other ships they could seize. Like the Sunny!!!! Smoker, you better not ...
    Or the three+ other ships we've seen, before M ordered them to hide them somewhere deeper in the river or hidden docking station.

toussaintac
    There will be a reason, if Law is part of the child abduction. And almost everyone asumes Law to be the Samurai cutting culprit, since everything is pointing at him being a Shichibukai and having the room ability.

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    There aren't two people with the same ability in OP, unless it's a Vegapunk made creature like the Pacifista. And I doubt Law would want to give his ability to anybody else, even to work with it.
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 14, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Man what an awesome chapter, cant wait for the next one.
    Wonder how strong Law has gotten.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    good point.
    I was really happy with this chapter and im waiting for the poll to go up so that I can vote 'epic'. This chapter well paced, it contained a lot of info and a lot happened but you can tell it was really a brief amount of time. After this chapter though i am left with more questions than answers. Law's attitude changed the moment he notice the strawhats and the kids but his disappointment in not telling smoker he is not along makes me wonder to what he was referring to. He probably knows a lot more than he is letting on and while his position in the whole situation is suspicious it makes me wonder where he really stands. Hopefully we will see Luffy & co. running over to the ship and checking out whats happening next chapter.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

You gotta love Oda making the "The SH are actually the bad guys and the marines are good" joke
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 660 Discussion/ 661 Prediction

Various thoughts on the chapter:
    - I just love the reactions from the marines. The best comment in the chapter was "I can't even begin naming all that's weird here !!"
    - Is tashigi blushing from what Sanji said ?
    - Smoker still needs his stick ? He is a vice-admiral. So he should know Haki. I guess he is not that efficient with color of armament
    - Smoker vs Law vs Sanji, it's one hell of a trio. But I guess that Sanji will mainly protect Nami & the others while trying to escape.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL just LOL this chapter really made me laugh so hard that even my stomach hurts .
    God i don't even know from where to start , i liked practically everything . And i really can't get accustomed with Chopper's new look . I mean could there be another person/animal who looks funnier that him , i think the answer is no But i like that he become pretty strong , he did a good job this chapter . He entertained us and also showed us that he's not the weak character from 2y ago .
    Also Sanji and the head dude Gotta love them , especially the samurai dude , he's exactly the type that Sanji hates , they make a good comedy duo

But what took me by surprise this chapter was the fact that a part of the SH's meet both Smoker and Law , i mean isn't this a little too fast . I'm not complaining of course but i was just really surprised 'cause i didn't see that coming at all . Though i have to say that this exact moment hit the spot for me , i just couldn't stop from laughing It was hilarious .

Hmm and i don't know what to think about Law anymore , is he on the SH's side or what ? And what the hell is with his DF , his room is enormus and his power the same , now i think that it's safe to assume those 100 hearts (if that was true , 'cause i still have a little doubt about this , so i'm waiting for confirmation from him ) weren't exactly from weaklings 'cause damn he has the power it seems
    Now i'm really eager to see a clash between him and Luffy I wanna know if Luffy is stronger 'cause his Tact technique let me like this Pretty crazy indeed , i'm curious to see how will Smoker counterattack

P.s I wouldn't be surprised anymore if next chapter we see Luffy and Zoro suddenly dropping right there between Smoker and Law

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

With this chapter, it is clear that Law has something to do with the kidnapping : he decided to prevent Smoker from leaving Punk Hazard once the marines knew there were children on the island. Plus, since Nami's plans to help the children directly go against M and Law's, so the Straw Hats have become enemies of Law, well at least for the moment. I don't expect Luffy & co to let the children, so there won't be any reconciliation through the arc.

Here are all the current reasons for Luffy and Law to fight - not talking about their dream's incompatibility :
    1. Luffy is (unvoluntary) responsible for Smoker's presence at the island
    2. The Straw Hats are responsible for Smoker's discovery about the children, which threatens Law's plans and probably his Shichibukai status.
    3. The Straw Hats know about the kidnapping
    4. The Straw Hats want to free the children
    If Law doesn't have Haki, he can probably still move Smoker right into the sea or traps him in a giant ball of water. Anyway, I don't think Smoker will get tricked by his powers since he is aware about them. Indeed, last page he told his men to stay away because there would only end up cut around the place.

Also Law and Smoker may have met before though Law's way of talking to him does not mean anything : remember Law spoke to Luffy the same way whereas they had never met before. If they have never met before it means the marines spreads intels on pirates' powers in their ranks and also that Smoker is now world-wide famous, as the Shichibukai knows about him.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast