Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!!!

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.41%
  • 2 (Average)

2 1.41%
  • 3 (Good)

20 14.08%
  • 4 (Great!)

59 41.55%
  • 5 (Epic!)

58 40.85%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

1 0.70%
New Reply
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 660 Discussion

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 660 Discussion/ 661 Prediction

Hilarious chapter. Somehow Oda managed to add more elements to the storyline. Lots of questions to be answered. Once again, Law proves himself to be a total bad-ass. Also, G5 marines appear to be fodder in the New World, much like their counterparts in Paradise. I'm hopeful that Law is established as a major character in the New World beyond this arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Law is a beast, once you're in that "room" you're doomed. I wonder in what fashion Haki negates the effects of his ability or if there are other ways of stopping it. Imo this is one of the strongest fruits, right next to the quake quake fruit, in the Paramecia class.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    - Smoker still needs his stick ? He is a vice-admiral. So he should know Haki. I guess he is not that efficient with color of armament
    Not neccessarily. Seastone is stronger than Haki. CoA just allows you to touch DF-Users, but Seastone disables their powers just like the ocean does.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got an idea . I was wondering if Luffy and Law end up fighting in the end , i was thinking that maybe Luffy can nullify his DF by covering all his body with COA 'cause we saw that Luffy masters this type of haki pretty well so that way Law 's DF shouldn't affect him at all .

This is the only possibility i see for Luffy to be able to fight against Law's room ability which is gianormous ....
    And right now i don't know but i kinda hope Law isn't involved in the kids kidnapping , at least not in this matter

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Man this chapter almost made me pee so much i was laughing.The Super tank ultimate form was priceless and i cant help but to think of kung fu panda everytime i see Chopper's kung fu point
    Also Trafalgar Law...Just wooww.His Room technic is way bigger and stranger then two year ago.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 660 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Or the three+ other ships we've seen, before M ordered them to hide them somewhere deeper in the river or hidden docking station.

toussaintac
    There will be a reason, if Law is part of the child abduction. And almost everyone asumes Law to be the Samurai cutting culprit, since everything is pointing at him being a Shichibukai and having the room ability.

There aren't two people with the same ability in OP, unless it's a Vegapunk made creature like the Pacifista. And I doubt Law would want to give his ability to anybody else, even to work with it.
    It'd be weird if Law was apart of that. I don't see that being something he would do. However, Law is basically with the government now. I still doubt Law would go after Luffy or vice versa. Also, let's not forget those people that Luffy's group came across. They may be part of what's gonig on on the island.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    - Is tashigi blushing from what Sanji said ?
    - Smoker still needs his stick ? He is a vice-admiral. So he should know Haki. I guess he is not that efficient with color of armament
    Thought of that too, but when we look back a couple of pages we see her "blush" before too, it's probably just the cold.

Zorro also still needs his swords, Nami her tact-sticks, it's his preferable weapon and is advantageous against every kind of DF power, so even if he was a CoA user, it should be normal for him to still use it, especially against somebody like Law.
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 14, 2012 at 01:06 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 660 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dalyup! View Post
    Anyway, I agree with the others, those frozen people do look like ID escapees. Although Lord Rayleigh's theory seems more likely, perhaps they were hiding out at Punk Hazard after their escape and when Aokiji and Akainu came to fight, Aokiji froze them. Either way, I wonder why they kept the same clothes whilst making their way to the NW if they were indeed the escapees.

Looking forward to the next chapter after all these interesting developments.
    There could be another possibility since this island was a World government facility,it is obvious for a prison to be built in this place.I guess is that prisoner where trying to escape and got frozen during the fighting betwen Akainu and Aokiji.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nehhmo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Hilarious chapter. Somehow Oda managed to add more elements to the storyline. Lots of questions to be answered. Once again, Law proves himself to be a total bad-ass. Also, G5 marines appear to be fodder in the New World, much like their counterparts in Paradise. I'm hopeful that Law is established as a major character in the New World beyond this arc.
    You cant really say fodder. They are useful to disable and fight pirate crews, but captains and shichibukai are a different thing. If they would be able to fight those and not be scared that would be pretty dumb considering it needs vice admirals/ admirals to fight these kind of pirates.

Iam sure that they are strong, just not on the level of pirates like Law, which only makes sense in my oppinion.

Normal pirate crews in the new world seem to consist of shitloads of people. So the marina G5 soldiers fight the normal crew while their captain fights the pirate crews captain, simple conclusion.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Haki works with devil fruit power such as Law. My understanding of armament is that it nullify devil fruit through contact but Law ability does not need contact.
    Remember Momonfa had to stab himself in order to prevent Boa petrification. It wouldn't have need it if haki works that way. So I would say that Luffy has a huge disadvantage in case they have to fight.

And we probably won't see Luffy group involved in Smoker and Law battle. They have to deal with the Boss group first.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

And do you think Sanji believe Smoker is behind the kidnapping when he says 'atrocious villain' ?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but since COA it hardens the body i was thinking that could work as an armor against Law's cutting attack
    But then what can Luffy do when fighting Law's DF ? Can't it be stopped by something like that ? I still think that might stand a chance but well we'll just have to wait and see, maybe they won't need to fight in the end

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    But then what can Luffy do when fighting Law's DF ?
    Copy Buggy's Bara Bara Festival?

I think that even if he was sliced by Law, Luffy still could use techniques like Gear 2 or 3 without any blood drain as the hint with the 100 beating hearts suggest. And going by how Luffy tore the lower body part off the dragon, and Sanji, Chopper and Nami put the head pieces back together, someone could recombine Luffy'S body to his original state even if Law placed Luffy's parts randomly.
    Last edited by hoeru; March 14, 2012 at 01:45 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I'm not sure Haki works with devil fruit power such as Law. My understanding of armament is that it nullify devil fruit through contact but Law ability does not need contact.
    Remember Momonfa had to stab himself in order to prevent Boa petrification. It wouldn't have need it if haki works that way. So I would say that Luffy has a huge disadvantage in case they have to fight.

And we probably won't see Luffy group involved in Smoker and Law battle. They have to deal with the Boss group first.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

And do you think Sanji believe Smoker is behind the kidnapping when he says 'atrocious villain' ?
    Maybe Haki only leads to make contact with the "power" instead of the "user"?

What I want to know is how Sanji caught up with chopper and them...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Somalia
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was really great and the color page looked amazing as usual, but did anyone notice that there is a
    recurring theme here? how many times did Oda draw the strawhats building their own house?
    I think it would be nice if they have a house on a cloud which is another color page Oda drew
    anyway, I thought that the children were kidnapped, but since its law why would he take children it they are not
    really sick????

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

No one noticed the frozen level 6 impeldown prisinors? seriously? :P

New Reply
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast