Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 340 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner helperalpar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 340 Spoiler Thread

Here is chapter 340 Enjoy!!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose this hiatus will serve Togashi in the sense that he might need time to think over the characters of this new world. Greed Island had a whole set of rules and creatures of its own, with a whole adventure to fulfill by Gon and Killua, this time he needs to think over tons of characters into something and the world itself that must be built (and how will he present it to the readers). I can live with that if he turns up with a good result as was GI.

Quote Originally Posted by ish3 View Post
    1995? God damn man.
    Yep, that's how far back I recall seeing the first image of Berserk. Only started actually following it around 4 years later, when I got a hold of Berserk anime series in a very screwed VHS tape that was a copy of a copy of someone's actuall tv recording. lol

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

THE NEW ARC HAS BEGUN! \o/

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy... It's look like that Kakin is in the New World. So, looks like there will be a crossover with One Piece too. Soon, Gon will want to be PK and the relics are the AW.

Just kidding, good chapter, maybe we will see Pariston in the NW.

Edit:

Did anyonone noticed Pariston in page 16? He is with Beyond Netero, OH BOY!
    Last edited by Sakazuki; March 15, 2012 at 08:27 AM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

again we will not known anything of Kurapika.... so maybe Ging and Gon are going to the new world as well...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
    Oh boy... It's look like that Kakin is in the New World. So, looks like there will be a crossover with One Piece too. Soon, Gon will want to be PK and the relics are the AW.

Just kidding, good chapter, maybe we will see Pariston in the NW.
    He is on page 16, left side of the big picture.
    Pariston is just awsome !

And I just got so excited over this chapter taht I'm even happy the ending of last arc was rushed.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Just can't like the new direction this manga is taking. Its feeling more and more One Piece-ish...whether its a good thing or a bad thing is a matter of debate, but what's sad is that HxH by its own right was a wonderfully unique manga.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh crap, i'm so curious about what's on this second DVD the zodiacs are about to watch...

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So this is what Pariston was keeping to himself? I guess Ging knew too so he's on his way to see Netero's son. I wonder why Pariston would want to go to the "Dark Continent". This other country although mentioned I don't think we're gonna see that for a while it seems like just to obtain access it takes 5+ years.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hergipotter View Post
    Oh crap, i'm so curious about what's on this second DVD the zodiacs are about to watch...
    Oh man you chose a bad time to poo...

I have to say the timing is just nice. Not in the middle in the middle of the arc. At least we have a picture what he gonna do next...

As for Beyond, well I think he's an imposter... Just pray this hiatus only last 5-6 month

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I was really worried about the future of the manga, but the next arc looks to be an exciting one even if at first glance it appears somewhat unoriginal. I don't see Gon getting involved in this conflict without one or two of his original partners involved, so I think it likely that we'll see the return of Kurapika, Leorio and/or Killua (sans evil genie) at some point during the arc. The zodiacs getting in some action should be awesome.

The hiatus is hopefully going to be a relatively short one.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Me2Ecchi's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    Just can't like the new direction this manga is taking. Its feeling more and more One Piece-ish...whether its a good thing or a bad thing is a matter of debate, but what's sad is that HxH by its own right was a wonderfully unique manga.
    For me it looks more like Toriko-ish...
    Anyway lets hope the hiatus dont take 2 long. Hope this new arc can be good as the ant arc

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner JMunevar's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't thik is going to be One Piece-ish, you now with Luffy he is going to be PK, you just wanna know how, but with HxH, there is only the unexpected, you know Gon is going for great things but what great things? there are never the same for all the characters, there are no "Ultimate treasures", there is just adventures that you wanna follow, that's the uniqueness of this manga at it's best, anything can happen there! Personally I love this new twist, because the only thing we know is that is going to be a bucket of surprises!, And you know there are a ton of characters to develop!, and a lot of dreams to fulfill!.

Also love pariston in the meeting with Netero's "son", what's going on in his mind?, If anything is bad about this twist is the downfall of Hisoka as a character, what is his pourpose now?, it got lost as being just a guy that goes around beating strong guys, I just want some ambition other than that be thrown into him, also I'm still waiting to hear from kurapika, what the hell is he doing?, appart from taking the eyes of his clan!, and When will we see Danchou! Did the nen ereaser succeed?, and i'm rooting for the Hisoka Vs Danchou fight!! There are soooo many things still left to close, I'm drooling to see the story behind all, also loved how the Ant Arc introduced us to what we will see in the Dark Continent (New World is to One Piece-ish :P).
    My thougths
    Spoiler show

17. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Both manga are fundamentally about adventure, which entails going to new places. I'd rather HxH continue with the theme of its manga rather than specifically go out of its way to ignore "stereotypes" of the genre that it's in. What makes HxH unique is the way in which it executes its genre, and I think the hunt of Beyond Netero will show a lot of that. That said, just because both manga have a place called the "New World" in them doesn't mean at all that they are the same kind of place.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

This turns of events is epic, all the characters that were introduced are not wasted, they are being tied with the plot in a way that everyone matters.
    Few notes:
    1)New characters are design-wise cool. I'll expand on them later.
    2)Art-wise, this chapters delivers regular pieces but wonderful expressions.
    3)So Aizak huh? What a cool name, Chairman.
    4)Beyond Netero is particularly interesting. He does resembles A LOT to his father (If He's) and even his tone according to the Zodiacs match quite a lot.
    I like the whole Chinese General looking, He looks strong and confident.
    5) I personally LOVE that Pariston is there with those people. I find his character HIGHLY interesting and I was dying to see more of him.
    6) I-Tube? Awesome, Togashi. <3
    7) So this will bring 6 parties to play. Of course, this is just a supposition.
    A) Beyond Netero's crew
    B) Whatever Ging joins
    C) Gon's crew yet to be shown but that will feature people around the world wanting to go outside.
    D) Zodiacs hunting Beyond Netero.
    E) Outerworld Agents and politics there (Which could split in more)
    F) Kurapika, Leorio and Killua who are yet to be shown if they will be on this adventure as well. Killua will probably travel fast around the world, enough to give him the curiosity to travel outside. BUT It could be that these three will be involved in a new sub-plot that happens in the current world map regarding the events outside. Kinda a two-faced coin which will bring the same outcome. Togashi proved many times being very capable of handling these.

BTW, I bet Jairo will own Kakin after all this. A riot or something will happen there, enough to give Jairo the political power it needs and then the plot will mix with the V5. I'm talking about the next arc after this one, of course.

8) I only wish that Togashi would have leave more hints about this before to not look like everything is taking out of the hat. Same with the damn DVD.
    9) Beyond Netero's crew looks weird. They seem to be a reference to plenty other mangas. Is this a real reference with a message or Togashi is just teasing us?
    10) Imagine if Netero says that they should protect him...What Zodiacs will do with two opposite orders?
    Well, Togashi already made the characters to surpass the limits that we know about. I's logical to step a bit further.
    And I agree with Munevar..We still don't know what's Gon true "destiny". I mean...Ok, we knew that finding Ging was important. But after all we learn in the manga about challenges and exceptional people, it would be weird if Gon just settles him by finding him. Something else must happen. And this is somewhat a tie between father and son: The Outerworld. The meaning of Ging life can change Gon's one.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    Both manga are fundamentally about adventure, which entails going to new places. I'd rather HxH continue with the theme of its manga rather than specifically go out of its way to ignore "stereotypes" of the genre that it's in. What makes HxH unique is the way in which it executes its genre, and I think the hunt of Beyond Netero will show a lot of that. That said, just because both manga have a place called the "New World" in them doesn't mean at all that they are the same kind of place.
    Well said. Welcome. Any question, I'm the mod around here. Ask anything you want.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 340 Discussion / 341 Prediction

whoah, my predictions got thwarted severely.

So no Kurapica, huh?

I do like the new stuff happening.
    I think that beyond netero is an imposter built up by pariston (who ofc knows netero well enough to find a guy resembling him and dressing him up like that). So i believe pariston will go from antagonist to protagonist here, he will be just another player in the new world (forgive me for the OP reference, but it will be a bit like supernova to luffy).

Aside from that, i cannot see any resemblance of this new world to the ne piece new world except for both being a place where most ppl cant go.

Oh, and btw, i hate togashi for not showing us that damn second DVD.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast