Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 340 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 340 Spoiler Thread

I don't think this is gonna be one piece-ish, while both series are about adventure, HxH plays it more deadly serious then one piece. plus, the "new world" term dosn't soley belong to oda, many people in history have reffered to frontiers as "new worlds" so its a very general term used for a unexplored place. As a one piece fan this acctually thrills me, it'll motivate oda all the more to distinguish his new world to this one (which I believe he's already doing, but now he's gotta extra shove)

Back to HxH

This beyond netero guy, IS a grapload like netero, maybe not as powerful but definetly as influencial. I can't wait for Gon to meet him. Pastrion heading to the outside? SWEET! Lets hope Hisoka comes and confirms wether he's strong or not, we'll have something to side ourselves over until he goes against chrollo! I wonder how many days have passed? I wouldn't really be surpised if Killua and Alluka are involved, but Killuawants to travel the rest of the world first, plus who knows whats out there, Killua has to take that into account, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Gon just ran into him and alluka while trying to join the expedition. If he can meet ging off the bat like he did, killua can't be that out of reach. I would love Leorio to join but his studies obviously hinder his travelings, he's only been able to go to places like york shin and the election as visits. Kurapika may not be too far out of the question, as god knows what the heck he's doing. Now for Jairo. I hope we'll be hinted more of him during this arc, cause we've only seen him for one or two chapters.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 340 Discussion / 341 Prediction

Awesome chapter, enough said.
    And to people talking "mimimi one piece-ish mimimi": considering the travel to a unknow place to be a reference to one or two manga is just poor. Do you guys even think that this idea is originally made by them? Could you just take a look at human history and think again, please?
    It's quite bothersome how people like to make those damn references, and sorry if I sound harsh, but at least give the guy with the pencil some credit for what he has done before. When was it that Togashi went mainstream and unoriginal in a poor and bad way to begin with? Let him deliver before jumping to this conclusion please.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter....

Netero has a son, an expedition to unknown lands..... That place sounds like Atlantis or something, a place with myths and legends and invisible on the map.

The chapter was quite good, Pariston being a part of that trip would mean he could be looking to hunt down Beyond Netero.

So, would Gin still look to go to alien lands, with the doors to this place opened?

Anyways, it sucks that its Hiatus again.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a strange feeling Kurapica will join the expedition to search for the remaining eyes and predict that they will encounter a country with people who also get their eyes red when in anger.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 16 of this chapter reminded me of when we met the Spider.

http://i1000.mangareader.net/hunter-...er-3151089.jpg

http://www.mangareader.net/207-14080...hapter-71.html

Seems like we're gonna get another cast of interesting characters!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great! chapter. Isaac Netero is a damn! cool name, and Beyond Netero seems like an uber badass! Beyond's crew looks interesting and I wonder if Ging is going to join them to venture out to the NW?
    Last edited by Netero; March 15, 2012 at 04:51 PM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

might beyond netero be a little reference to other shonen mangas by togashi?

He certainly seems like the 'dumb but courageous' stereotype.
    But i cannot get rid of the feeling the true puppeteer here is pariston.
    I cannot imagine a manipulative person like him to just 'join' a team without controlling it.Beyond netero may be the leader who brings all those people together, but pariston will be the one in charge via indirect means, imo.

I am really thrilled about all the new ideas and what togashi has in mind.

(Even if i know i will probablyhave to wait a VERY long INDEFINITE time until we can find out anything^^).

Well, i guess we should not see it as a pause for Hunter X Hunter but as the return of our most beloved manga hiatus x hiatus.
    We could make a big forum betting system on when we will get the next chapter with huge prizes <:

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I want Beyond to be Biske's son LOL. That would be hilarious.

Agree with NETERO. Aizak is a cool name but I dont really like Beyond. I hope that is just a codename. And hopefully he is strong.

Btw, there should only 1 boss in a group. And we know that Pariston is very strong so either Beyond is stronger enough to make him submit or he is planning something under his sleeves (like Hisoka did in the York Shin arc). So many questions so little answers. ..sigh..
    Trafalgar Law is the new Shichibukai. He cut down the samurai from Wano. 2-15-12

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that Beyond seems to be putting together his own "Zodiac"-type group. Wonder what sort of people he's gathered, and where he found them. I also really want to see that 2nd movie. It seems a little too coincidental that this announcement only happened after Netero died, so no one can really confirm whether Beyond is his son or not. Just having a similar personality is not enough proof. We need to know what Netero said in the video before the mystery about Beyond is solved.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

So about 3 years till expedition gets underway

Just enough time for Killua to travel the world and protect Alluka, enough time for Leorio to become a Doctor possibly, enough time for Kurapica to.... er don't even know what he's doing.

Well we all wanted to see the Zodiacs in action, heck we wanted to see them do something more than sit on their asses bickering with one another. Beyond's crew introduces a scenario where we can see the Zodiacs hunt and fight, because I'm sure they will have to get through Beyond's underlings in order to get to him.

I doubt Ging will joing up with Beyond, he will continue searching on his own for ways to get in there most likely. I have no clue what Gon will do. But all in all it is a good direction to head towards as we wait for the politics to take shape in order to get the expedition underway, we will have plenty of interesting moments to take place during that multi year span prior to the trip.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Captain Sicarius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish this chapter didn't hype me up like it did, now wait for like 8 months man... Damn.

So, Netero first name is Isaac? Awesome~.
    Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Beyond seems like a crossover between Isaac Netero and Tsezugera. I can see the Zodiacs and Gin's group being rivals of Beyond's group along with Pariston's ants. They might go there separate and eventually meet each other amidst the dangers hidden in there. If Chimera ants came from there, then we can't say for sure what will happen.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i think its pretty obvious why pariston is in the team. because he loves netero so much, and now netero is dead, he misses him so badly thus making him joining a person who maybe the next best netero, which is beyond netero. he wants to have fun with the old man

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member steadynco's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

More weirdos introduced as a part of the Beyond=Netero team (two look like robots and another looks like Popeye lol). Anyone think they might be ant hybrids handpicked by Pariston for the journey?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because Beyond looks like a BOSS doesn't mean he's the bad guy. As far as I've seen, all he wants is to explore the unexplored. No harm done!!

I'm quite intrigued with why going to the outside world is a taboo. Is there an invisible force of some magnitude that blocks people from going there? What force could be that great?

About Jin, I have a very strong feeling that his character is not gonna live long. Like, some typical uber strong GOOD guys in movies and mangas. They usually die protecting some kinda "hope" lol. Furthermore, there's a trend in which the authors usually kill the strong good guys to make the story stronger. They don't like siding the main character (which is Gon in this case) with strong characters (Jin) either. Just look at what happened to Baran in Dragon Quest - Story of Dai, Girge in Break Blade, Luffy's brother, and you-name-it. In HxH, Jin has already lived long enough to fulfill the purpose of letting Gon find him. I just hope that I'm wrong bc I like Jin so much.

From this point, this manga resembles Toriko more than One Piece to me. Toriko is also trying to fulfill some "requirements" to go into the outside world. There's even a chef in Beyond's crew, which looks like some kinda creepy cook straight from Toriko.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast