Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 340 Discussion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 340 Discussion / 341 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    Around this time,we would have gotten the spoiler of the next chapter, if weren't for the hiatus.
    LOL, don't mention. Although it's strange to see movement all around the forum but here.

I'm preparing some activities to spend time, I'll let you all know in this week.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesnt Kurapica resemble Pariston HIll a bit in tthe last chapter?

Full suite, what if Parsiton is from the same clan......
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I apologize for the wall of text, but the hiatus left me wanting to chat a lot more than usual, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Li Mochou View Post
    zodiacs is a bit underestimated here. hisoka's rating is not so accurate. and i think it's not only about power but also personal liking. it's like when he rated netero. hisoka didnt seem to be over interested in netero like he did to kuroro, whereas we know netero is the best fighter we know.
    I think Hisoka's ratings are based on the general feel a person gives him. That is, his estimates are purely instinctual. He's not Machi, though, his gut feeling is probably less accurate than hers. Still, if we look at his method to detemine the nen type from a user's personality, so far, it's been pretty accurate. So in the case with the Zodiacs, I'm inclined to trust his rating.

As to why he was less interested in fighting Netero than fighting Kuroro, I think it's because that rating of his and his level of interest depend not only on a person's powerlevel, but also on other factors to some degree. Like his target's potential or looks, for example, due to him drawing a connection between sexual gratification and fighting. The stronger and better looking his opponent is, the more satisfaction he gets from the fight. If the opponent is just very strong, but without the added bonus of good looks, the fight probably may still be satisfying enough for him, but he won't be as eager and the satisfaction won't be maxed out... or something. And the contrast between Netero and Kuroro in that respect is all too obvious: Netero is old and wrinky, while Kuroro is young and very attractive. Even though Hisoka is a big perv, I highly doubt Netero would give him a boner, while with Kuroro he got one just from watching the guy being a bit serious and using his highly developed analytical abilities to grasp the situation from the scarce hints alone.

If I were to expand that, I also need to say he's very obsessive, and it's also connected to his sexual drive. He stalked Gon and Killua as far as Heaven's Arena, and he was so taken with Kuroro when he was (allegedly) chasing him that it left him completely blind to everything else in the world, even to what his two favorite targets, Gon and Killua, were up to. All in all, he is a huge perv... and he knows it.

But enough about Hisoka, let's talk about Cheadle.
    Quote Originally Posted by shionoro View Post
    Well, she obviousy was not able to comprehend how pariston works even though she knew him and she knew netero.

Cheadle does not strike me as a a person who can read other's minds, but rather as a very clever person for planning situations and making processes work.
    thus, i bet she could be a good leader because she was able to use the zodiac's potential to the utmost.
    In comparison, ging and pariston can predict what other people do very precisely, but they don't necessarily prove as good leaders or good probem solvers.
    They manipulate much better than anyone else, though.

It's clear however that, being a three star hunter, cheadle of course has good instincts and psychological knowledge, but i think we already saw several characters who can read people better than her.
    I think Cheadle's main problem is that she's not a natural born leader. She's highly competent and smart, yes, but that's not enough.

Look at Kuroro and Pariston. They lead as easily as they breathe. They can diffuse potentially dangerous situations (Kuroro with Nobunaga, for instance) and can turn tide in their favor (Pariston) without much effort, can make other follow them without any use of force or threats, people simply choose to follow them out of their own will. Essentially, they manipulate people into obeying them, whether it's by the massive natural charisma they possess or by using their insight and ability to read people or by well timed arguments or by presenting themselves as easy-going and trustworthy... It's a rare breed, with personal qualities one can only be born with and that can't be cultivated through training. That's why Pariston had such support despite him clearly being a fishy guy, and that's why, despite Kuroro's wishful thinking, Ryodan can't properly function without him.

Cheadle isn't really charismatic, she doesn't have that smoothness and confidence to everything she does, she's not able to manipulate people simply by talking to them... she's strict to herself and to others, she's very proper and righteous, and that deserves her a certain degree of respect... but when she asks people to do something, they'll do it because it serves some tangible purpose they can comprehend, and not for her, not because it's her who asked them...

It doesn't make her a bad leader, no, but it means she would always lose in terms of leadership to natural born leaders like Pariston and she'll have to put a lot more effort into being good at leading people.
    Last edited by fanatik; March 26, 2012 at 01:32 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking about their huge charisma, now I'm sure Pariston is Specialization. Your whole comparison between him and Kuroro convinced me.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Possibly, the sparks when he smiles are part of his ability?
    Togashi hasnt done such a thing before as far as i remember.so i could imagine it.

But good comparison, yes, i agree.

But i still hope it will be cheadle to win against pariston some time, I would just love it if it was her to give him a beating.

Who else could?
    Gon does not fight in psychogames, killuah does not, either, at least not to that degree.
    He is no proper opponent for them, i could only imagine ging or cheadle if it happens

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Vespertine's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

guys, im crawling on the fucking walls here. I NEED MY WEEKLY FIX TOGASHI FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw sorry dude, the new animes mostly been quenching that thirst for me. Maybe read other manga?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Vespertine's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

i've been reading kirihito sanka, and it's actually REALLY good. but HxH it's just irreplaceable.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The hiatus really sucks, but would be fine if Togashi really needed it.

I just re-read the latest chapter, it seems like Pariston is with Beyond Netero's team. Now you would wonder if he is really a comrade of Beyond Netero or simply spying on him, waiting for a chance to hunt him down. http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/340/17

It just surprised me since I did not notice he was with Beyond Netero until I read the chapter again.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll close this thread for now and open the new one. Not because the chapter will be released, but because it will be better to discuss everything there.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Thread Closed
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10