Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSD Kenichi Omake

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

HSD Kenichi Omake

The New Omake is out

So i decieded to make a own thread for that Omake. Feel free to discuss.

So.........that was a nice Omake, I feel a little nostalic for the tournament-fight.

Anyway, next Omake at the end of march........juhu^^
    Last edited by TemplateR; March 08, 2012 at 06:13 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Omake

Stickying this since it's a whole 60 pages

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the Omake was well made and as an result ended up being fairly good material to read. Now we have more information on Sho and Natsu character's which is good for the readers to know and perhaps lead to future plot development. I thought their friend relationship was very touching. We hardly ever see disciples of the OSNF interacting like this unless there's some important matter or business at hand. I doubt the disciples of the OSNF are friends at all more like associates than anything, so it was good to see that Natsu did in fact have an friend within the yomi organization. I just wish we could see more of that now. I got sad when i looked at Natsu's reaction on one of the last pages you could see the loneliness and sadness in his eyes when he realized he lost an good friend.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

on the lst page it says shou died but gained something precious what did he gain? lol and i dont get why its making shou out to be a good guy? its so annoying he only cred about miu and was happily intending on killing kenichi Matsuena wats going on in your head i cant believe we had to have two 2 week gaps for this crap...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackmidnight View Post
    on the lst page it says shou died but gained something precious what did he gain? lol and i dont get why its making shou out to be a good guy?
    actualy no, i do belive there is a pretty slim line of "good" and "bad" in terms of martial artists, its only a matter of honor and beliefs, for example...we saw how Shou refused to kill a litle bird during his training and help a bunch of peoples escape island of Fortuna, hes interactions with Hermit (in thisone) was also quite friendly, plus he gave his life for Miu..and he fought Kenichi not becase he hated him or something, he fought him to decide who is worth enought to protect Miu (obviously Shou know something we dont), so if we look from another point of view..Shou is a "good" guy, but with the way of Satsujinken.

Now back to topic:
    I liked this Omake alot, interactions of Shou+Tanimoto is priceless and its showing Hermit is realy care for his friends(not like we dodnt know that already,but still^^) The last thing i didnt get..is he gave this earing to Hongou, or keeped it?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    actualy no, i do belive there is a pretty slim line of "good" and "bad" in terms of martial artists, its only a matter of honor and beliefs, for example...we saw how Shou refused to kill a litle bird during his training and help a bunch of peoples escape island of Fortuna, hes interactions with Hermit (in thisone) was also quite friendly, plus he gave his life for Miu..and he fought Kenichi not becase he hated him or something, he fought him to decide who is worth enought to protect Miu (obviously Shou know something we dont), so if we look from another point of view..Shou is a "good" guy, but with the way of Satsujinken.

Now back to topic:
    I liked this Omake alot, interactions of Shou+Tanimoto is priceless and its showing Hermit is realy care for his friends(not like we dodnt know that already,but still^^) The last thing i didnt get..is he gave this earing to Hongou, or keeped it?
    Hardly he only wanted miu because she was the self proclaimed "other half of his wings" due to their blood heritage of the kuremisago he treated ken like crap the whole fight never gave him benefit of the doubt and just bad mouthed him non-stop even ken said when fighting koukin that shou kano pissed him off he only ever praises shous ability never his personality. I just think its weird matsuena is like full changing the perspective on shou the whole time he was alive he came across as an arrogant bully douche, then all of sudden its like woah what a great guy he and hermit were buddys and hes totally cool with ken protecting miu you can bet your ass if he lived he'd back for more and try and kidnap miu again its only now that hes dead hes getting all this praise yes your right shou wasnt a stone cold killer but hes in love with miu so hes always going to come across douchey because he'll keep getting in kens way

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't particular like Sho either, but i'll admit even while he had some good and bad points about him i thought he was an ok guy. He does come across as an douche, but iv'e always thought that most of his intentions were good. I think the positive things he has done outweigh the negative. He would definitely still try to kill Kenichi if he was still living though challenge him again, he likes Miu too much not to pursue her and leave her to Kenichi.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i wonder if the members of Titan will appear later in the manga, because this is the 2nd time the Titan group has been discussed, the 1st time when rini said she became the leader of titan after she defeated cronos.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

why are people calling this an omake, this is the hybrid/spin-off History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Plus

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChikoSuave21's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

You could sort've say he was like his master, God-Fist Hongou. They both will kill martial artists, but don't harm civilians or "innocent" beings, like the bird. Hongou must've been happy to have a disciple like himself.
    Shou was portrayed as being/feeling alone, when Kenichi saw into his heart. He did want o turn Miu into a killing fist, but he had some "good" characteristics.
    Damn, I want him to still be alive, jut to see what he can do now, haha.
    Overall, enjoyed the omake very much.
    Yo.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maxikki View Post
    i wonder if the members of Titan will appear later in the manga, because this is the 2nd time the Titan group has been discussed, the 1st time when rini said she became the leader of titan after she defeated cronos.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

why are people calling this an omake, this is the hybrid/spin-off History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Plus
    I guess it ultimately has more of an omake feeling than a spin off. Wouldn't an spin off focus on a plot different from the one of the main manga with a different character? This is merely an expansion or explanation of events which were strictly relevant to the current manga, they are not an story on its own nor do they lead to such a thing.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChikoSuave21 View Post
    You could sort've say he was like his master, God-Fist Hongou. They both will kill martial artists, but don't harm civilians or "innocent" beings, like the bird. Hongou must've been happy to have a disciple like himself.
    Shou was portrayed as being/feeling alone, when Kenichi saw into his heart. He did want o turn Miu into a killing fist, but he had some "good" characteristics.
    Damn, I want him to still be alive, jut to see what he can do now, haha.
    Overall, enjoyed the omake very much.
    Hardly, majority of satsujinken masters we've seen are pretty honerable in regards to only killing those who oppose them and have exceptional skill i doubt any "true" satsujinkens would just go out on a killing spree of innocents the only reason they wanted shou to kill the bird was to prove his heart was empty and he could kill whatever he was told to the bird was basically just a scapegoat for his training (eventhough it wasnt carried out as the bird lived lol) And yeah i do agree shou did do some good things like saving the orphan kids on despair island and trying to free the bird in the botanical gardens. But at the end of the day dude he only did those things because they reminded him of himself i.e the orphans because they were like "caged birds" similar to him and the birds because well he loves birds lol.

Then you've got someone like kenichi who is just generally a really good person and always does the right thing. I just think its dumb that matsuena has glorified someone like sho so much that was opposing basically everything the main character stood for, miu is basically the world to kenichi and if she was taken away he'd probably have a mental breakdown, yet sho was willing to kill him just to take her and he only wanted her as i said earlier because of their heritage and according to this omake he was friends with tanimoto and had his two underlings aswell as several others he was never alone to begin with... I just hate things like this that pretty much totally screw up the main storyline all of a sudden up until about 3-4 chapters ago shou was never praised as a truly good person even once. Now all of a sudden hes this hero and is cheering ken on to save miu love her blah blah blah like its just dumb man i knew the image of shou talking to ken was bound to happen eventually but the fact they have just glorified him so much is retarded. In the omake tanimoto says could shou be fighting ken to learn something about himself? oh wow i personally thought it was to kidnapp miu and take her for himself but yep sure lets just change the whole plot of the story the fact of the matter is during the actual D of D arc shou viewed ken as a weak ant the whole time even in death in my opinion but all of a sudden he sees ken as this awesome martial artist he can learn something from so dmn stupid man makes me so angry matsuena is just ruining the manga for me lately why couldnt shou just stay a bad guy with a few good qualitys *sigghhhhh*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone ever scanlate the omake showing ho ninjima gets his information on yami?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Did anyone ever scanlate the omake showing ho ninjima gets his information on yami?
    I notified a few manga sites about the new omake, so hopefully one of them will translate it into english soon.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; May 03, 2012 at 11:59 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Post Thanks / Like

kenichi's spin-off will end in three more chapters

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    I notified a few manga sites about the new omake, so hopefully one of them will translate it into english soon.
    i did that before you to aegon-rokudo but he said that it was in chinese

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast