Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 63 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 63 Discussion / 64 Predictions

I really hope Shioon doesn't become like his master and just wants to take revenge on ever single person in the S.U.C. I liked that Shioon was hella strong and he was kind, I don't want him to become an avenger. I am all for him getting more power to protect his mom but I don't want to see him cave in and just increase his strength to kill. Like I mentioned a week or two ago Shioon's mom won't be waking up for awhile and this will give Shioon the time to learn the true nature of the Murim. I don't want to see him swallowed up and turned into a 9AD part 2.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Now this is The Breaker I loved so much. The story progression in last 2-3 chapters is satisfying. Sorry if my post is lacking coherence, just thinking too many things at the moment.

First of all, I am doubtful about Shi-Woon's mom getting caught in all this due to a COINCIDENCE. Was it really a coincidence that Shi-Woon's mothers got badly hurt by SUC and saved/treated by Sera? I'd say its anything but a coincidence. As we are talking about coincidences, I have my doubts about even the coincidence of 9AD coming to Shi-Woon's school. Then Shi-Woon was given the wonder medicine "Illwallsidan". Why I find it doubtful, one of the reason is the mystery or rather hardly anything known about Shi-Woon's father and what his mom does. Just don't go hard on me, but has anyone considered Shi-Woon's connection with Murim from his parents side? Especially, his father could have been someone from the Murim. I don't believe his development is credited to the effects of Illwallsidan alone. The natural affinity towards martial arts he showed, makes me question his origin. I even thought, Un-Wol could be his father >.<.

My theory, his mother was intentionally put in this condition. A motive could be to enrage Shi-Woon so he would be willing to become strong and go against SUC. It must be the elder from Black Forest Defence Group or someone else. What are his or their motives, I am not 100% sure. May be to emerge as a new power by destroying Murim. Moving on, the fated battle between 9AD and Shi-Woon is becoming more and more inevitable. If that were to happen, Shi-Woon could be the only person to defeat him. Shi-Woon surpassing his masters is not the only reason for my opinion. The bond between them is what can defeat 9AD. I believe 9AD is still bound to his pupil. He destroyed his ki centers and want him away from Murim, so Shi-Woon wont be caught up in the battle.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by svyatoslav View Post
    Wow, not only is Sera a cold-hearted calculating b****, but she is also playing the victim card?! I wonder if the author will also try to make us feel sympathy towards her before he kills her off just like with Shiho?
    lols Well she is that type of person so it didn't surprise me. Whats annoying is ha-il trying to explain logic..I mean wtf? did you ever have a parent? if you were told this shit anyone would be acting on emotion, not logic.

AS far as im concerned ha-il can go fuck himself in an hospital bed. Never struck me as a smart guy anyways so dunno why im so worked up over what he said in last pages.

Its about time for shioon to get this resolve...we've been waiting for this since part 2 started. In the beginning he was still trying to find himself after his master dumped him...now he's found something to fight for. This is it, next he gets the power to fight.

IMO he doesn't hate sera, just disappointing that she's not the kind person he though she was...There's no way he doesn't remenber what she's done for him thus far because shioon never forgets those kind to him and returns the favor(hence why i fucking hate what ha-il said..)

In any case she'll redeem herself some other ways. Sera's the supportive type, who believes her man can accomplish anything and helps him strive for what he wants regardless of obstacles, Jinie's the kind hearted but shy type, who emotionally supports her man. Two sides of the same coin, but shiion needs both LOL

Can't wait for his next training arc lols

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
    Sera's the supportive type, who believes her man can accomplish anything and helps him strive for what he wants regardless of obstacles, Jinie's the kind hearted but shy type, who emotionally supports her man. Two sides of the same coin, but shiion needs both LOL
    coughSosulcough

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life.

It is this old proverb that comes to mind when I think of what Sera's "selfish" actions did for Shioon. In such a short time she did far more for Shioon than what the Sunwoo clan was steadily attempting to do for Shioon. It is for this reason that I will say a little too much weight is given to what Sera did wrong by Shioon rather then what she did right.

There is also quite a bit of 20/20 hindsight in judging Sera's actions. Consider for instance that it was only after Sera rejected the Milyang clan's desire to take Shion's life that she ended up needing to use the Sunwoo clan to secure her place as head. While very intelligent she is not omniscient, there was no way of knowing that it was the Sunwoo clan behind Shioon. Her involvement in something that members of her clan were obviously steadfast in doing, could have very well been to protect her clan in the end. If the ones that were behind Shioon ended up being the MAA, her decision would have spared her clan if not those individuals.

Sera also had no way of knowing if the news about Shioon's mother would have meant the delay, disruption, or denial of the meditation training. After all didn't Gyubum this very chapter liken Shioon's expression to that of Nine Art's Dragon at his worst. Do people not remember that Sera wasn't even sure whether or not she could have secured that precious training from the Yaewon Master for Shioon. What if Shioon's knowledge of his mother brought that ominous shadow over his face in his first meeting with Master Yaewon. The very Master who "wishes to cut the bond between master and student" could have just as easily decided right then and there that it is too dangerous to give her teachings to one who could potentially become another Murim enemy.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bludvein View Post
    Unbelievable. How can you people still think up shit like this? She wasn't "playing" the victim card to anyone. While Shioon was there she was actually rather cold. It wasn't until he left and she was alone with her guard that she expresses regret over being forced to play this part.

As for cold-hearted, there was ample evidence in this chapter and previous ones that she most definitely is not. Stoic maybe, but not unfeeling.
    I do agree with you but somehow i think she'll die to me she just seems like an easy to kill off character

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what i was waiting for eons now. a sound conviction for him to be stronger than ever. With this ans shioons ability to heal and all he will train like crazy and improve radically
    i am pretty sure we will see a new shiwoon soon
    waiting for the paradigm shift was tiresome but it was worth it
    I am really eager to see what kind of leap (power wise) will he get this time :3

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Now this is The Breaker I loved so much. The story progression in last 2-3 chapters is satisfying. Sorry if my post is lacking coherence, just thinking too many things at the moment.

First of all, I am doubtful about Shi-Woon's mom getting caught in all this due to a COINCIDENCE. Was it really a coincidence that Shi-Woon's mothers got badly hurt by SUC and saved/treated by Sera? I'd say its anything but a coincidence. As we are talking about coincidences, I have my doubts about even the coincidence of 9AD coming to Shi-Woon's school. Then Shi-Woon was given the wonder medicine "Illwallsidan". Why I find it doubtful, one of the reason is the mystery or rather hardly anything known about Shi-Woon's father and what his mom does. Just don't go hard on me, but has anyone considered Shi-Woon's connection with Murim from his parents side? Especially, his father could have been someone from the Murim. I don't believe his development is credited to the effects of Illwallsidan alone. The natural affinity towards martial arts he showed, makes me question his origin. I even thought, Un-Wol could be his father >.<.

My theory, his mother was intentionally put in this condition. A motive could be to enrage Shi-Woon so he would be willing to become strong and go against SUC. It must be the elder from Black Forest Defence Group or someone else. What are his or their motives, I am not 100% sure. May be to emerge as a new power by destroying Murim. Moving on, the fated battle between 9AD and Shi-Woon is becoming more and more inevitable. If that were to happen, Shi-Woon could be the only person to defeat him. Shi-Woon surpassing his masters is not the only reason for my opinion. The bond between them is what can defeat 9AD. I believe 9AD is still bound to his pupil. He destroyed his ki centers and want him away from Murim, so Shi-Woon wont be caught up in the battle.
    Well personaly I'm hoping for a "twist":

It's something like the previous head of Shinwoo clan having another child.

That man might have in old age, thought on to whom he could entrust his legacy(the leadership of Shinwoo clan).

Why his doughter Sosul had an incurable disease (9 yin body or WTF).

Lastly that old man might have realized that he must have a child outside murim world with a woman, who does not have any conection to murim. That child the old man had with a normal woman is Shioon !!!

But, the plan would end up as a failiure, becouse his son, Shioon would have also an incurable disease (3 yin body or WTF).

But as any normal parent that loves his children. The old man(last Shinwoo clan "true head") was trying to protect his doughter's(Sosul's) and son's(Shioon's) whereabouts, and in the process got killed !!!

Wouldn't this be a drama ???

Hmm, but this would make Shioon a half brother to Sosul, shit man...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; March 19, 2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if sera would have told shwoon earlier because with this reaction he would have probably pushed himself harder to become stronger. but if he faced the suc there when trying to save jinnie his anger would have probably blinded him and he would have probably not have a clear mind to think up strategies when he beat glasses

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post

Hehehe, just admit it, you want Shioon all for yourself, am I right...

Well some actions are recless and made at the spot, others are planed, but with those that are planed there is "still" a lot of chances your plan would eventuly "at least partly" fail, despite your careful planing beforehand. I see Sera being the latest.
    Damn, you found me out and i was so careful not to be discovered

Now what really matters is that Shioon is blaming himself and i really hate that , well SUC is after him but what happened to his mother was just her being there at the wrong place at the wrong time . Still Sera's actions disappointed me but little by little i'm sure she will repay Shioon for that mistake
    And she's my rival so she better do something in the future that would make me approve of her

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4ghost View Post
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life.

It is this old proverb that comes to mind when I think of what Sera's "selfish" actions did for Shioon. In such a short time she did far more for Shioon than what the Sunwoo clan was steadily attempting to do for Shioon. It is for this reason that I will say a little too much weight is given to what Sera did wrong by Shioon rather then what she did right.

There is also quite a bit of 20/20 hindsight in judging Sera's actions. Consider for instance that it was only after Sera rejected the Milyang clan's desire to take Shion's life that she ended up needing to use the Sunwoo clan to secure her place as head. While very intelligent she is not omniscient, there was no way of knowing that it was the Sunwoo clan behind Shioon. Her involvement in something that members of her clan were obviously steadfast in doing, could have very well been to protect her clan in the end. If the ones that were behind Shioon ended up being the MAA, her decision would have spared her clan if not those individuals.

Sera also had no way of knowing if the news about Shioon's mother would have meant the delay, disruption, or denial of the meditation training. After all didn't Gyubum this very chapter liken Shioon's expression to that of Nine Art's Dragon at his worst. Do people not remember that Sera wasn't even sure whether or not she could have secured that precious training from the Yaewon Master for Shioon. What if Shioon's knowledge of his mother brought that ominous shadow over his face in his first meeting with Master Yaewon. The very Master who "wishes to cut the bond between master and student" could have just as easily decided right then and there that it is too dangerous to give her teachings to one who could potentially become another Murim enemy.
    I don't see how 4 weeks of training is all that special. This could've been done at any time. However everybody seems to be forgetting that Sera was the one who got him in trouble with SUC in the first place. As for refusing to kill him herself, she was perfectly fine watching her clan do it right in front of her after practically serving him to them on a silver platter. Don't forget how she didn't act AT ALL when Chang Ho and the rest of SUC were after him even though she was 100% at fault (that at a time when he didn't have the magic pill).

By the way, that time when SUC mobilized to catch Shioon also seems to be the time when his mother got hurt after they started destroying everything around the shop where he fought with Chang Ho. Basically, had Sera not gotten involved with him at all, things could've turned out much better. At the very least the SUC would've still thought he couldn't do martial arts and would've just kept on observing him instead of going after him. Had Jigun not targeted Sahee at Sera's orders then things wouldn't have progressed with the SunWoo to the point that Kwon decided to order Jini to kill him ergo Jini wouldn't have been on the run and there wouldn't have been a need for this training everybody is raving about (at least for the moment).

Sure anything could've happened without Sera's involvement, but to say that thanks to Sera he is still alive is naive since she was the reason he was in the bad spot that he was just prior.

PS. Remember how Sera told Shioon he had only one week to live? And if he ran then she would kill Sahee? Imagine going through that, try putting yourself in his shoes. Sera caused Shioon a lot of grief and the few good deeds so far don't even come close to making up for all the bad (and I'm not even mentioning manipulating, using and deciding his future for him).
    Last edited by svyatoslav; March 19, 2012 at 05:38 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i think what will happen next is

1. he got a SIM card from SUC (Shades dude) and he will use it to trace SUC members
    2. His GF got kidnapped and then nearly died and then BHT is released
    3. Sera will tell that Shioon's mom was not really attacked by SUC but Sunwoo clan did it
    4. Shioon will leave Sunwoo and starts training by himself

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shioon I am begging you, train your ass off so you can become a truly scary kid but do NOT seek power just for power's sake. Don't become consumed by hatred for the people who hurt your friends and family, let your hatred out and then let it go.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Post Thanks / Like

even though she was 100% at fault
    You talk like global warming was also her fault. srsly.. Suc/9arts is his Problem in the first place.

By the way, that time when SUC mobilized to catch Shioon also seems to be the time when his mother got hurt after they started destroying everything around the shop where he fought with Chang Ho. Basically, had Sera not gotten involved with him at all, things could've turned out much better. At the very least the SUC would've still thought he couldn't do martial arts and would've just kept on observing him instead of going after him. Had Jigun not targeted Sahee at Sera's orders then things wouldn't have progressed with the SunWoo to the point that Kwon decided to order Jini to kill him ergo Jini wouldn't have been on the run and there wouldn't have been a need for this training everybody is raving about (at least for the moment).
    Yea, you know I agree with you, I also think that chanho will just sit there in starbcks sipping coffee while observing shion.

Reading this thread just broke my Mama's boy-o-meter Even if she tells him what will he do about it? as for me I don't think shion and jinie wouldn't have survive gothic bitch if it wasn't for that meditation whatnot.
    Last edited by Askmeabout; March 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i really wish shioon starts training this chapter, but knowing how anticipation is part of writing the author might just switch to other characters...
    maybe 9AD meeting stupid SUC?..

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast