Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 63 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 63 Discussion / 64 Predictions

Would be cool if he gets his Ki center back ASAP and goes on a rampage destroying half of the SUC singlehandedly before the talkative captain chick makes the almost fatal mistake of using SaHee as a hostage. Shioon goes BHT on their arses before SaHee finally brings him to his senses. As an added bonus, Sera dies somewhere in there

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

God finally Shioon found out about his mother's condition (i'm glad that she was safe in Sera's clan hospital and not kidnapped like i misinterpreted last chapter ) but i have to say i'm kinda disappointed on his reaction towards Sera . In his place i would have at least yelled at her more or something like that 'cause she was a selfish bitach hiding that from him . I don't care about her reason which btw is unfounded for keeping that from Shioon .

I felt really bad seeing him in that pitiful state , and he even started blaming himself This has now become the trigger and not the impeding thing for Shioon to get really serious in his fight against the SUC . His angry expression and those words about crushing SUC to pieces made me really excited ...

Ladies and gentlemen we're about to witness a transformation of Shioon into a badass Is this amazing or what

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Seemed like a quality chapter. I liked how Sera had those lines stretching around her, as if she was in a web of deceit and hatred.

I would like for Shioon to actually learn some truly high level tech, such as Aegis, although, that might make him a bit strong at the moment. His basic striking technique is high level, but it often seems to fail in a direct confrontation, as he doesn't have the mastery of himself yet. It was clearly better than that Exploding Dragon Strike, but Shioon's lack of focus meant he couldn't counter it.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Hopefully, maztik, it happens. I would love for Shioon to ripping some things apart. I would've preferred if his rage had destroyed the car. :P

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by svyatoslav View Post
    Wow, not only is Sera a cold-hearted calculating b****, but she is also playing the victim card?! I wonder if the author will also try to make us feel sympathy towards her before he kills her off just like with Shiho?
    Unbelievable. How can you people still think up shit like this? She wasn't "playing" the victim card to anyone. While Shioon was there she was actually rather cold. It wasn't until he left and she was alone with her guard that she expresses regret over being forced to play this part.

As for cold-hearted, there was ample evidence in this chapter and previous ones that she most definitely is not. Stoic maybe, but not unfeeling.

6. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I iked the panels showing Shiwoon's anger near the end. Fangs coming out and all.
    I'm curious as to what he will do from here on out and it's a shame that he does not know that his blood could help his mom recover. I think we will get another visit from that doctor and they will work out a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    Now Shioon'll get crazy about being strong... nice!

I'm just wondering if what Sera told him was really the truth(aboute it being SUC's doing) or she just put the blame on SUC so he could direct his hatred toward them
    That is a possibilty too but I don't beleive regarding the mother's injuries she is deceving Shi Woon.
    It would be an excellent twist at the end if she was the one who injured his mother and then put the blame back on the S.U.C. It seems to be the kind of cleverness she is known or feared for.

Quote Originally Posted by svyatoslav View Post
    Wow, not only is Sera a cold-hearted calculating b****, but she is also playing the victim card?! I wonder if the author will also try to make us feel sympathy towards her before he kills her off just like with Shiho?

I think the author did the right thing using that card. It shows that Seria despite what she shows on the outsite is not a cold person. Although for somereason I don't see her being killed off. I wonder how much enmies she has that she would be in a situation that she wants / needs to be resqcued by Shiwoon?? My hunch is that she said those things becase she realizes she feelings for Shiwoon and wanted to see if he would be there for her. The sympathy card being played - yes but its not like it was shown she was a "good guy" per-se? She admited she has faults, etc.
    Last edited by Charlie; March 18, 2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

^I wouldn't stretch it that far(Sera being the one who injured his mom)... but it could be something totally unrelated and she pointed it to SUC to increase Shioon's will

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It is incredible the amount of disdain there is for Sera, while Hyuk So Chun, Jigun and Elder Kwon are apparently forgiven for their transgressions. As Bludvein said she may have a stoic and calculating personality, but her character is not cold hearted or malicious. She is not too much unlike Kwon in the reasons for her actions or inactions.

Despite being the heir to the Mil Yang Clan she had yet to establish loyalty of those in the clan. After she secured her position she has the responsibility of making sure the clan thrives and survives. Directly engaging the SUC to rescue Shioon may have seemed like a simple choice, but doing so would mean inviting the wrath of the SUC, a group the MAA can't deal with, upon her clan.

What interests me about her character is that while she is incredibly smart and knowledgeable about the world of Murim, she is somewhat clueless about how to interact with people, she also has a socially awkward nature about her. Sera maneuvers the Murim world the only way she knows how even though she is aware that she further isolates herself from any real bonds. It is also the reason why Shioon fascinates her, he is able to naturally gain from people what she has to calculate, coerce and manipulate in order to secure.

12. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4ghost View Post
    It is incredible the amount of disdain there is for Sera, while Hyuk So Chun, Jigun and Elder Kwon are apparently forgiven for their transgressions. As Bludvein said she may have a stoic and calculating personality, but her character is not cold hearted or malicious. She is not too much unlike Kwon in the reasons for her actions or inactions.

Despite being the heir to the Mil Yang Clan she had yet to establish loyalty of those in the clan. After she secured her position she has the responsibility of making sure the clan thrives and survives. Directly engaging the SUC to rescue Shioon may have seemed like a simple choice, but doing so would mean inviting the wrath of the SUC, a group the MAA can't deal with, upon her clan.

What interests me about her character is that while she is incredibly smart and knowledgeable about the world of Murim, she is somewhat clueless about how to interact with people, she also has a socially awkward nature about her. Sera maneuvers the Murim world the only way she knows how even though she is aware that she further isolates herself from any real bonds. It is also the reason why Shioon fascinates her, he is able to naturally gain from people what she has to calculate, coerce and manipulate in order to secure.
    I have to agree with you 100%, people not like her because she has smiled one time since she was introduced. I don't think she is trying to screw Shioon over, she just wants someone to like her since she seems to be hated by a lot of people which this chapter made clear. At least she didn't come up with some lame ass excuse about why she failed to tell him, she told him directly. Sera seems to be a giant brain on legs like you said she was probably in school at a very young age.

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

oh come on, not the "kind-hearted guy becomes obsessive and ignorant" situation, and I really liked this story so far.

Sera is not cold-hearted by character but learned to live that way. She is portrayed as a smart woman who tries to repress feelings which would lead to death in the Murim world and hides behind a mask.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

She is selfish , that's her only problem . She saw potential in Shioon and that made her lose sight of everything else thing that was a big mistake from her part IMO . And i don't buy that thing that after this chapter we saw her that she wasn't a cold person . Don't get me wrong i don't hate her but her actions were pretty damn idiotic in the end . Shioon was too good with her if you ask me , in his place i would have wiped the floor with her for doing such a stupid and heartless thing.

But well i can't say that in the end this didn't turned for the best , after all we had a chance to see Shioon's anger that is similar to GMR and from now on i'm sure his change will be significant . LOL i can't wait to see the 1st encounter between him and Chang -Ho . I have a feeling he's gonna be the 1st to show up and annoy him . He'll do good for the 1st person involved with SUC that'll be taken down by Shioon

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bludvein View Post
    Unbelievable. How can you people still think up shit like this? She wasn't "playing" the victim card to anyone. While Shioon was there she was actually rather cold. It wasn't until he left and she was alone with her guard that she expresses regret over being forced to play this part.

As for cold-hearted, there was ample evidence in this chapter and previous ones that she most definitely is not. Stoic maybe, but not unfeeling.
    She was playing it for herself, it was self-pity (having her retainer there to listen didn't hurt either). She made an aim for herself from a very young age either to make her clan one of the most powerful or to reform the murim world, may be even a bit of both (those are my guesses based on author's hints, her real purpose has yet to be explicitly revealed). She made multiple sacrifices for that purpose (giving up her childhood basically), not getting too attached to anything so that it doesn't cloud her cold logic, etc. The only time she actually truly felt something, other than a momentary passing compassion for those that get hurt in her plans, was when she started to like Shioon toward the end of his stay at her clan's hideout. That is it! I mean, sure, it is a harsh life she leads but she consciously made that choice, she didn't have to lead that path, she chose it. And it is not like she is the only one who has it tough in this story, most main characters do, yet they don't feel the need to put innocent lives on the line for their life goals and THAT is what I find most annoying about her.

Look at Hyuk, he is very much the same: prodigy, smart, sacrificed childhood, the clan's well-being is his life, emotionally repressed all his life and yet when he was up against a situation that was morally conflicting, he didn't just coldly follow his logic no matter how much "greater good" was at stake. There is a famous quote from Dostoevsky: "The happiness of the world is not worth a single tear on the cheek of an innocent child." Basically, no greater good can justify the sacrifice of an unwilling innocent life. It is a slippery slope and Sera is very much on it at the moment....though she can still turn back but the point of no return is approaching fast and once it arrives she'll become just another villain.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I've made the same criticisms of Jigun and Kwon while I believe Hyuk never knowingly did anything of the sort. In the beginning of part 1 he was naive in the ways of the world because he was completely sheltered, but once he saw how things really were for himself, he started acting differently. As for Sera, while she is not quite at the bottom of the slippery slope like Kwon was, she is still on it (check above for reference).

In terms of your 2nd point, she had no problem involving Shioon or SunWoo in her power struggle inside her clan. Well you reap what you sow, so now that she made her clan a retainer of the SunWoo, they are expected to put their lives on the line for Shioon, his safety and the SunWoo. Don't forget that her clan also committed an offense against the MAA by going after Shioon so in essence if Shioon was just as sly and conniving as Sera, he could have her licking his feet dressed in nothing but an apron. Instead she took advantage his naive trust to manipulate him for Mil Yang and her benefit. Her actions are inexcusable in my book.
    Last edited by svyatoslav; March 18, 2012 at 03:45 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Asvin's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Orgasmic read~ Phuu! After reading that, I need the proverbial cigarette. Man, oh man, oh man! 10/10

Can I just say, I knew he wouldn't be mad at Sera. Even more importantly, she isn't sorry/guilty for not telling him -- which I love. *sings* Stick to you guns! Always know that you made the best choice you could have made at the time and keep walking forward. No regrets. *sings*

A cookie to who ever it was that guessed his mom would get banged up because of the S.U.C. It's an easy out but it still works, and if the author is planning a part three, ties up loose ends nicely.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

That's what happens when you cover the floor in broken glass, eventually you unlearn how to walk.
    "All the good women are married, all the handsome men are gay."

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    God finally Shioon found out about his mother's condition (i'm glad that she was safe in Sera's clan hospital and not kidnapped like i misinterpreted last chapter ) but i have to say i'm kinda disappointed on his reaction towards Sera . In his place i would have at least yelled at her more or something like that 'cause she was a selfish bitach hiding that from him . I don't care about her reason which btw is unfounded for keeping that from Shioon .

I felt really bad seeing him in that pitiful state , and he even started blaming himself This has now become the trigger and not the impeding thing for Shioon to get really serious in his fight against the SUC . His angry expression and those words about crushing SUC to pieces made me really excited ...

Ladies and gentlemen we're about to witness a transformation of Shioon into a badass Is this amazing or what
    I definitely agree on all your points...

As for me I also want for Shioon's ki center to recover, learn some new techniques from elders, and hopefully also for him to find out GMR left some lessions of high level techniques on his phone and learn them in meditation. After that I hope for Shioon to "make havoc" out of his enemys(squash them) and prove what "a true" martial arts master looks like...

But let me tell you my opinion, why I personally belive Shioon didn't yell at Sera:

The fact is that Sera and her clan investigated Shioon and wanted to protect him as much as those close to him, but unfortunately they were to late. The SUC was simply to fast, and hurt Shioon's mom before they found her.

Shioon must have realized everything, and couldn't yell at somebody who wanted and is still doing his best to save his mother, without telling Shioon everything right away.

Well the important fact is that Shioon still heard "first handed"(directly) from Sera what exactly happened, although the time is a little "off", but Shioon must have realized right away, that Sera did everything she could to protect him and those close to him, without putting herself to deap into all this big "mess"(but still, she got kidnapped by elder Kwon !!!).

Not to mention she even backed away and left Shioon alone, to think things through himself. Instead of trying to be of annoyance to him. So even though she got hurt, in my eyes, there is still hope that everything would end up well with Shioon's mom recovery, and Shioon ending within Sera's arms (better to say "armlock" - choking Shioon from behind, why she is a murim of course...).
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because Shioon didn't yell at Sera, doesn't mean he isn't mad at her. He basically told her to leave so that he wouldn't say things that he might regret later but he is obviously mad at her for not telling him. Had she stayed and tried to explain herself then I'm sure he would've given her a piece of his mind. In addition, Shioon usually blames himself first then everybody else, that's his nature. I'm sure he'll forgive her sometime because he is just that nice but if that were me, she'd have to do some serious apologizing before I talk to her again.

One more thing, the way he found out about it only increased the impact of the news and pushed him over the edge. Had Sera told him faster and had she tried to soften the blow then there was a chance he wouldn't go down his dark path he is about to embark on. So in that sense, she gets a lot of the blame for anything bad that happens to Shioon in the near future.
    Last edited by svyatoslav; March 18, 2012 at 06:01 PM.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG - coudn't say it better !!!...

Yah, I totally agree with you, and despite the fact that I might anger some fans. Hyuk So Chun is currently in my opinion my most suspicious character at the moment..

But I can't blame him for anything yet, why he might not be at fault at all.

Well, because there are so many secrets, I love this work, not to mention they are revealed when it is only necessary (but we must still connect things to figure them). I know sometimes it's hard to understand, but in this work, I sometimes really love the slow peace, although it's killing me when I must wait an entire week for a new chapter and sometimes they wouldn't even come out...

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    She is selfish , that's her only problem . She saw potential in Shioon and that made her lose sight of everything else thing that was a big mistake from her part IMO . And i don't buy that thing that after this chapter we saw her that she wasn't a cold person . Don't get me wrong i don't hate her but her actions were pretty damn idiotic in the end . Shioon was too good with her if you ask me , in his place i would have wiped the floor with her for doing such a stupid and heartless thing.

But well i can't say that in the end this didn't turned for the best , after all we had a chance to see Shioon's anger that is similar to GMR and from now on i'm sure his change will be significant . LOL i can't wait to see the 1st encounter between him and Chang -Ho . I have a feeling he's gonna be the 1st to show up and annoy him . He'll do good for the 1st person involved with SUC that'll be taken down by Shioon
    Hehehe, just admit it, you want Shioon all for yourself, am I right...

Well some actions are recless and made at the spot, others are planed, but with those that are planed there is "still" a lot of chances your plan would eventuly "at least partly" fail, despite your careful planing beforehand. I see Sera being the latest.
    Last edited by Monsterguy; March 18, 2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast