Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

3 10.34%
  • Good!

15 51.72%
  • Regular

9 31.03%
  • Boring...

1 3.45%
  • Bad!

1 3.45%
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 275 Discussion / 276 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 275 Discussion / 276 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Krono View Post
    It should probably be noted at this point that Dragonfly Scans has the king's line as "The one who knows how to re-equip" either MS, or DFS is playing fast a loose with the translation.
    aha..Thank you that makes it clear now. not just the re-equip also he's trying to remember the name "Er..Er...Erza

I just read the chapter from the Link you post. Translation is much better. Thank you again a lot of things make sense now.
    Last edited by Ifrit; March 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Dreyar Style

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fcToho's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It should probably be noted at this point that Dragonfly Scans has the king's line as "The one who knows how to re-equip" either MS, or DFS is playing fast a loose with the translation.
    Hadn't you said this I would have thought it would be Mira. Because Elfman is just too weak (but I like him too ). It would have made sense in a way to show that Mira is as strong or stronger than Erza. And I would have enjoyed it more...

I just have to admit that I find Erza's battles boring as hell. She has the right equipment anyway~
    But I also hope that Mira and Elfman won't use the same transformation over and over and have a wider collection.

Bacchus design/concept is really cool (I don't know Yu Yu Hakusho), hopefully he doesn't put up a lame fight. And sadly I think we will never see him again after the tournament(arc).

MH Senpai 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Kana, everyone here seems to forget about her.

It is sad day for her, not only she lost in a drinking competitions but she lost her top to a drunk man.

As for the song which Lucy might be singing, i have a feeling it would end up being something she learned from her mother.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also noticed in the mangareader version that the King was trying to pronounce the name of the person he was referring to and said "Er...Er..." so I'm pretty sure he was trying to say Erza, plus Bacchus and Erza already have a rivalry. It's refreshing that someone from Quatro Cerberus is as powerful as Erza, they looked pretty weak in the first round.

And yeah, I fell for Juvia's imagination too lol.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. This is waychanger, the Mangastream translator for Fairy Tail. Thank you for reading our releases; I hope you enjoy them. I personally enjoy reading the responses and discussion on the many different forums out there following our releases. Usually I just lurk, but occasionally I do respond to translation-related issues. I am posting this on several different forums.

I would like to make two comments regarding some of the discussion in this thread, as the same issues have been showing up on different forums.

First, regarding what the king says about the FT member that "transforms." I am aware of DF's translation, and I assert that our translation is (more) accurate. The relevant panel from the raw is above. The king uses the term 変身 (henshin), which means "to change" or "to transform" and I have translated it as such. By contrast, Erza's re-equipment magic is /always/ referred to as 換装 (hensou, literally, to change clothing/outfits, this is usually translated as re-equip). I think the distinction here is important, and given that I felt that equating the two terms in this panel was taking a rather significant liberty with the translation, the translation is as it is. Of course, the king (who appears to be not the sharpest tool in the shed) probably is referring to Erza (my personal interpretation), but a case could be made for Elfman (or one of his siblings as well). More on Elfman in my next paragraph.

Second, regarding the "Er... / Er..." lines. In Japanese, the king is actually saying エル/エル, which phonetically is Eru/Eru. I think he is spelling out a name - however, it is not /for certain/ Erza. I have to point out that there is no "L" sound in Japanese, so Erza is actually spelled out Eruza (エルザ) and Elfman is spelled out Erufuman (エルフマン). Eru can be the start of /either/ name. The king does not specify a gender when he refers to the FT member (he says 奴, which is often male, but could be a crude reference to a person of either gender). So, while in fact I personally agree with the majority of you who feel that he is spelling out Erza, it actually COULD be Elfman (although obviously I feel like the encounter between Erza and Bacchus in the chapter makes it pretty clear it's Erza). Fortunately, the way that I've translated it is intentionally vague (as some of you pointed out, he could just be stammering), but a future chapter will prove some of us correct and some of us wrong. Discussion and speculation is part of the fun of reading manga, no?

I hope this was helpful. I hope you enjoy the chapters to come!
    Last edited by waychanger; March 16, 2012 at 01:43 PM.

6. Thanks 22 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuzumikun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm 70% Erza and 30% sure Mira besides he says Er...Er...(Erza[unless that's how he thinks]). The ending scene was crazy! (Of course Lucy being my favorite character). According to the side margins it says Mercurius is where the king lives. So what was Lucy doing there is the question. As I thought before Lucy loosing her memory can be a possibility since Lucy is in the collapsing castle (and why else would Levy be writing to her about events that Lucy knew about?).
    Last edited by Kuzumikun; March 16, 2012 at 03:35 PM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

A good break chapter overall.

I was stupid enough to fall for the GrayxLucy trap... Mashima and his Game of Trolls.

I'm not hyped by the new character. Drunken style can be awesome but I don't really like his physical shape and outfit. Hopefully I'll change my mind once the battle will start.
    Last edited by Gats; March 16, 2012 at 02:24 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

A good chapter this week as well!
    I enjoyed seeing FT happily celebrating even though they lost so pathetically ...they are FT mages after all , they know how to enjoy even though they are on the losing side
    Bacchus seems an interesting fellow (can't believe Kana lost in a drinking match , she was so funny fainted there ) and we know that he was on par with Erza . The problem here is if Erza is on par with him now 'cause we have to consider that for the Tenrou island group time stood still for 7y so i'm wondering if that little training they undergone with Jellal's help was enough
    About the ending , hmm i think that maybe Lucy is crying 'cause something happened to Levi . We know she is also involved in Charle's vision so this is my only idea for now . And as for the culprit i think that the Knight Squadron chief is involved in that incident with the destruction of the castle . I wonder who's he's working with and what is he referring to when he mentioned "that will be complete"

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, when Bacchus challenged Kana, I was so sure he's going to lose and that will be the start of their love story
    I still see the potential

ex oriente lux

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The last page really pumps me up since Lucy's my favorite character. I'm pretty sure its Lucy. since she was wearing those clothes in chapter 259.

BUT. I doubt it if Charle's premonition has anything with Lucy being in the castle or her singing causing it to be destroyed. Usually Charle's vision were more like bits and pieces that'll happen. They're not directly linked to the main issue of what's happening. They are more like parts of what is happening like with Lucy's hand or Natsu crying in the previous arc. In the previous arc what Charle fortold didn't tell anything about Makarov being badly injured, dragon or Purehito. They're more like random pieces happening but doesn't tell that much.

That scene of Lucy and Gray had me almost had me fooled. It had me bewildered since it crossed my mind it was so out of the blue and unfairytail like.
    Last edited by Kauia; March 16, 2012 at 06:25 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol This chapter was pure humor. Lots of ship teasing too. I like Bacchus a lot, stealing Cana's top takes mega balls but then again, he might not know that Gildarts is Cana's father lol.

Favorite part of the chapter was when everyone was cheering and Mashima drew EVERYONE! That takes a lot of skill so props to him. I also liked how Natsu was holding Lucy in that panel.

Looking forward to the 2nd day of the tournament. We will probably get the DS vs DS match by the 4th day. Hopefully its Gajeel vs Sting or Rouge.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fcToho's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    I like Bacchus a lot, stealing Cana's top takes mega balls but then again, he might not know that Gildarts is Cana's father lol.
    Don't know why so many (fairy tail characters included) fear Gildarts anger. I'm sure he would understand.
    I bet this ol' lady-killer himself has done it a dozen times

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I really BELIEVE the King means ERZA. Because in the past when Lucy came to the fairy tail guild, almost everyone forgot the image of S rank fighter MiraJane. And now it's already passed for 7 YEARS! So no one can refer to MaraJane as an exciting fighter.
    And with Elfman he's is not the famous one. He's only the replacement, and not S rank. Why does anyone can refer him as the interesting fighting match. Plus this transition chapter have much thing to do with Erza vs Bucchus, so I believe this match will be take place.

PS, what a pity Kana >//<. What a bastard Bucchus! WHY...WHY...Why you do this!! WHY...WHY....WHY YOU TOOK ONLY THE TOP PART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5555+

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kauia View Post
    I doubt it if Charle's premonition has anything with Lucy being in the castle or her singing causing it to be destroyed. Usually Charle's vision were more like bits and pieces that'll happen. They're not directly linked to the main issue of what's happening. They are more like parts of what is happening like with Lucy's hand or Natsu crying in the previous arc. In the previous arc what Charle fortold didn't tell anything about Makarov being badly injured, dragon or Purehito. They're more like random pieces happening but doesn't tell that much.
    You maybe right but this time Charle said she saw Lucy inside the Mercurius and in her surroundings it sorta looks like something is collapsing so this time I think her predicition is the real deal. Then again it's Mashima and he loves trolling his fans but I still believe Lucy will have a huge impact on this arc.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really fun for a transition chapter....Kana got owned...tbh i forgot about her lol. Glad nothing gets these guys down.

Idk but...I'm loving Laxus new demanor...and there was some Natsu X Lucy vibes i was getting...kinda cute. Mashima is really good at transition chapters
    Last edited by Atobe the king; March 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast