Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

3 10.34%
  • Good!

15 51.72%
  • Regular

9 31.03%
  • Boring...

1 3.45%
  • Bad!

1 3.45%
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 275 Discussion / 276 Predictions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MONKEYS's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 275 Discussion / 276 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by waychanger View Post

Good morning. This is waychanger, the Mangastream translator for Fairy Tail.
    So, this is what a god sounds like

Anyway, chapter wise, I thought it was good (I'm still pretty annoyed about the last one...).
    It seems fairly obvious that Bacchus and Erza are going to fight. I foresee Erza winning, or a draw occurring. I'd probably lean more towards Erza winning though, after her nakama power kicks in.

Still, it would be interesting in the event of Elfman or Mira fighting instead. Still, I see that as unlikely, Erza seems to be the only one who turns things around in the manga (out of those three).

Natsu will probably be involved in the non-battle event, and will kick ass (hopefully).

Arcadias is a strange one. I'm thinking he may be involved with Raven tail, seeing as every dark guild in Fairy tail is interested in Zeref, and he is also. On that note, I wonder where Zeref is now, as well as Rustyrose and Kain Hikaru (Rustyrose was pretty awesome, probably my third favourite of the GH, after Azuma and Bluenote).

Hopefully there will be some action in next weeks chapter.
    Since I'm not godlike with flash or anything, I'm going to dedicate my signature space to the people who make our weekly manga viewing possible.

I don't know their names, but really, anyone who works to bring manga to my eyes weekly, you have my thanks.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

HS

Did annyone notice this :

Look closely :

the hairstyle
    the clothes

And now look at this picture/GIF (frome FT the movie who will be released in august)

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm quite sure lucy wore that clothing before this chapter.
    About this chapter, it was pretty funny and good as always, mashima does chapters like this brilliantly
    Bacchu is an interesting guy and I hope he lasts long and wow, that prize... but eh, excessive fanservice again mashima.

Lucy and Gray scene had me wondering if it was a fake lucy
    So this is fairy tail, the guild who always have fun! Guess I wasn't expecting them to be down either.

Did anyone notice that the king seems to be quite the funny guy? and I'm really expecting him to be someone totally unexpected.
    He just sound like one grown up kid or something.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    I'm quite sure lucy wore that clothing before this chapter.
    Indeed during three chapters,she wore that clothing !

this scene of destruction and lucy crying remind me the teaser of the new movie

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

For a moment I thought the guy was yet another mage of Fairy Tail to be introduced and my reaction was bad. Thank gawd He is from Quatro Cerberus.
    I mean...Drunk Fighting Style? Where is the magic in it?

And the Lucy+Gray thing...Mashima has gotten really good at trolling. The damn bastard ¬¬

Thanks waychanger for the clarification, now the chapter makes more sense.

Finally, I always follow Lucy's storytelling as the best thing of this manga. I really like that premonition of Charlie, I wonder if that song would be either to prevent the event or to cause it.
    That song will be also related with the gift She received from his dad?
    Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Could've done without the first half of the chapter, Second half was good though.......I'm gonna be honest though, this whole stand-in mage for Quatro Cerberus who uses a drunken fist fighting style smells alot like Yu Yu Hakusho's Dark Tournament. Alot.
    Everyone bases their work on Togashi <3
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waychanger View Post

Good morning. This is waychanger, the Mangastream translator for Fairy Tail. Thank you for reading our releases; I hope you enjoy them. I personally enjoy reading the responses and discussion on the many different forums out there following our releases. Usually I just lurk, but occasionally I do respond to translation-related issues. I am posting this on several different forums.

I would like to make two comments regarding some of the discussion in this thread, as the same issues have been showing up on different forums.

First, regarding what the king says about the FT member that "transforms." I am aware of DF's translation, and I assert that our translation is (more) accurate. The relevant panel from the raw is above. The king uses the term 変身 (henshin), which means "to change" or "to transform" and I have translated it as such. By contrast, Erza's re-equipment magic is /always/ referred to as 換装 (hensou, literally, to change clothing/outfits, this is usually translated as re-equip). I think the distinction here is important, and given that I felt that equating the two terms in this panel was taking a rather significant liberty with the translation, the translation is as it is. Of course, the king (who appears to be not the sharpest tool in the shed) probably is referring to Erza (my personal interpretation), but a case could be made for Elfman (or one of his siblings as well). More on Elfman in my next paragraph.

Second, regarding the "Er... / Er..." lines. In Japanese, the king is actually saying エル/エル, which phonetically is Eru/Eru. I think he is spelling out a name - however, it is not /for certain/ Erza. I have to point out that there is no "L" sound in Japanese, so Erza is actually spelled out Eruza (エルザ) and Elfman is spelled out Erufuman (エルフマン). Eru can be the start of /either/ name. The king does not specify a gender when he refers to the FT member (he says 奴, which is often male, but could be a crude reference to a person of either gender). So, while in fact I personally agree with the majority of you who feel that he is spelling out Erza, it actually COULD be Elfman (although obviously I feel like the encounter between Erza and Bacchus in the chapter makes it pretty clear it's Erza). Fortunately, the way that I've translated it is intentionally vague (as some of you pointed out, he could just be stammering), but a future chapter will prove some of us correct and some of us wrong. Discussion and speculation is part of the fun of reading manga, no?

I hope this was helpful. I hope you enjoy the chapters to come!
    While you're at it, there's something else I'd like to ask. Particularly the last page.

Charle said Lucy was "singing" something. But if I'm correct, there are two kanjis that have the same furigana/romaji but two different meanings. In this case, "utau" One Kanji translates as singing, but the other translates as "declare". Are you absolutely sure it's the former? if so, would you explain the differences?

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ajith_sakthi's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the next fight would be between Elfman and Bacchus since the emperor wanted to keep the best for latest. Going by that statement, Erza and Mirajane are pretty famous and would be rated as top 2 in Fairy tail B. So that leaves Elfman and Natsu. Natsu being a dragon slayer is also pretty powerful, so the emperor might be referring to Elfman here.
    Also the sound of Er... indicates it might be Elfman or Erza.
    I would like it if its Elfman. Since it will be testing of raw power so it will be an interesting match.
    My Thoughts on the Final attack against Madara:
    Naruto and Sasuke will do a combo along with their summons to create some 5 elements attack.
    Naruto - Air + Sage Chakra Summon:Frog - Water
    Sasuke - Fire+Thunder+Cursed Seal Power Summon:Snake - Earth

"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
    -Roy Croft

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Elfman is supposed to fight on par (if not win yet, but wth for how long will they keep losing? I guess Natsu and Erza will win, because it's them) with someone of Erza's level +7 years? Ehh... The 2nd container has to be awesome then, bigger power up than I anticipated.
    Elfman didn't get the Second Origin powerup anyway, just 3 months of actual training. I'm still betting he gets picked for the fight, but yeah, it's hard to see how he can stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Limiter View Post
    Poor Kana, everyone here seems to forget about her.

It is sad day for her, not only she lost in a drinking competitions but she lost her top to a drunk man.
    Indeed. Now there's nothing she doesn't fail at

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel
    I mean...Drunk Fighting Style? Where is the magic in it?
    Yeah, it makes me wonder what his actual magic is.
    Last edited by MechR; March 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MechR View Post
    Yeah, it makes me wonder what his actual magic is.
    Whatever its gonna be. It can't suck more than Hair and Tears magic....
    Dreyar Style

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree with ifirit

the majority of the new mages introduced this arc have been a dissapointment

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was ok. It's really interesting to see in action the guy who was on par with Elza all the time. It would be interesting to see them fighting against each other. Hope we'll get to see Natsu and Gajeel fighting against other two Dragonslayers sooner.
    About the premonition... Well, nothing new. We guessed that something will happen and big all-out battle will break out. It's interesting to see who is the big baddy behind the scenes. Hope it isn't just Ivan as I believe that it would be more interesting if he had some strong allies, cause there are tons of guilds and mages present at the Tournament.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually i personally am only interested in the other 2 dragon slayer from Sabertooth , Sting and Rogue . Oh and also in Bacchus 'cause being on pair with Erza means he's gotta be good Oh and he KOed Kana in drinking
    RT was a big disappointment for me , they are only lowlifes , cheaters so not interested

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think it's obvious, that it will be Erza....I'm going 100%, there were context clues in this chapter, that made it very obvious....
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to connect the last page in chapter 274 and Charle's premonition...so
    Lucy will die?
    Levy McGarded seems to dedicate the story to someone who's no more alive
    and we see in Charle's premonition Lucy involved in a big trouble...
    what do ou think about it?

PS
    Sorry for my bad english...

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken6 View Post
    I was trying to connect the last page in chapter 274 and Charle's premonition...so
    Lucy will die?
    Levy McGarded seems to dedicate the story to someone who's no more alive
    and we see in Charle's premonition Lucy involved in a big trouble...
    what do ou think about it?

PS
    Sorry for my bad english...
    Even if it can seem so (I don't really know what to make out of it), in the end the premonitions never work out. She won't die DIE.

-----------------
    And sorry about before, yes Elfman was training, no Ultear power up >_<

ex oriente lux

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast