Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Kisame & Itachi vs 3 Sannin

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kisame & Itachi vs 3 Sannin

Quote Originally Posted by Pervy Sage View Post
    I don't think Orochimaru is being underestimated in this case (though I agree that he often is). I mean, the first time he tried fighting Itachi, he had the jump on him (attacking him from the back even), and was still beaten in an instant. The second time around he didn't even react before he was sealed. Basically, Itachi, more than any other shinobi in the Naruto-verse, has the perfect tools to beat Orochimaru.
    Orochimaru was not technically owned by a genjutsu, though. He was trying to break out until Itachi cut his hand off. As long as Jiraiya and/or Tsunade distracts Itachi and Kisame from genjutsu'd Orochimaru, he will be able to break out. I doubt Orochimaru will waste time bragging to get hit, though.

I think Itachi is being too overestimated while Orochimaru is too underestimated. Orochimaru was moving his hands slowly, but he was moving them. Itachi just struck before he had a chance to dispel the genjutsu.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Except, Kisame could allow Itachi a portion of his stamina/chakra via Samehada. Aslong as he hasn't fused to Kisamehada mode, he could give a portion of chakra absorbed by his sword to Itachi, the same way the sword gave chakra to Bee (by extending a proposcus and just injecting it in). The physical strain of Susanoo still wouldn't allow non-stop usage of it, but the downtime could definately be considerably less, especially if Kisame has already flooded the battlefield and summoned thousands of aqua sharks. Itachi woudn't need to do anything after that point accept wait for an opportunity to skeet-shoot a Sannin who's attempting to fight off several hundred sharks.
    A strategy that involves Kisame transferring chakra to Itachi has limits and carries significant cost and risks. Kisame would be required to surrender massive amounts of his own chakra to Itachi, or to transfer chakra stolen from the Sannin (a limited source considering that as soon as the Sannin realise his ability to absorb chakra they are not going to offer up the chance for him to continue to do so easily). Kisame has a massive amount of chakra, but it is not unlimited. His ability to use his most powerful techniques, which appear likely to consume considerable amounts of chakra, may also be seriously affected. In addition, by giving up the opportunity to fuse with Samaheda, Kisame relinquishes a major offensive capability. The actual act of transference also carries risks. Kisame's weapon of choice would find itself busy with refueling Itachi, and Itachi will likely be unable to use Susanoo to its full extent, if at all, during the exchange of chakra. This would provide the Sannin a prime opportunity to go on the offensive.

And then there is the fact that Itachi still must deal with the strain on his body because of his techniques, which will not lessen even with renewed chakra stores. At some point the wear and strain is going to be too much for him to utilise his doujutsu, not to mention how much it will weaken him physically. And as we have seen, any serious use of ms techniques reduces the user to an almost useless combatant. There is no simple way to overcome the high costs of the mangekyou sharingan.

If an individual, or in this case a team, is able to survive against the power of the mangekyou for a reasonable amount of time...the battle turns heavily in their favour. I believe the Sannin have shown the abilities necessary to do just that, even with the added threat of Kisame.
    Last edited by Impossibility; March 10, 2012 at 09:31 PM.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya solos Itachi and Kisame at best, at worst he ties with them. Under no circumstance do Itachi and Kisame win. However, since Jiraiya has support, he might as well make use of them. Sannin for the win. Orochimaru might die on the way, or Taunade might die along the way, or Orochimaru and Tsunade die along the way, but Jiraiya is last man standing.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi is super overrated, tbh. Very much so. He stands no chance versus The Sannin by himself, he can barely solo Jiraiya, imo. Jiraiya can fight Itachi and Orochimaru can take on Kisame. Tsunade can provide support for either one of them if they need it. If The Legendary Three need more bodies they can summon all their respective animals, and if Susano'o makes an appearance Jiraiya can use Swamp of the Underworld to stall it for a valuable few seconds. If Susano'o throws it's laser discus Orochimaru can summon Rashomon.

People are taking Oro way too lightly nowadays, which is kinda sad. In the current stages of the manga he'd still be one of the most dangerous shinobi.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

How does Itachi not stand a chance against Jiraiya or barely solos him? Itachi's a master of genjutsu, very good in taijutsu, and good in ninjutsu. Jiraiya wouldn't be able to keep up with him, and that's if Itachi doesn't use genjutsu to take out Jiraiya temporarily. Jiraiya has not shown anything in his arsenal that could take on Itachi... maybe Kisame, but definitely not Itachi.

Orochimaru can, though, especially since he has partners. Am I the only one who thinks Orochimaru could have broken out of the genjutsu if he had enough time? He was slowly moving his hands, he was close, but Itachi cut his hand off right before that. Which is weird considering Itachi could have cut Orochimaru's head off easily and be done there and then.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Orochimaru could have broken out of the genjutsu if he had enough time? He was slowly moving his hands, he was close, but Itachi cut his hand off right before that. Which is weird considering Itachi could have cut Orochimaru's head off easily and be done there and then.
    Think about it, would it be a good idea to kill off a "comrade"/Akatsuki Member? We know for sure that Itachi and Orochimaru never teamed up in Akatsuki, who knows where they were at that time and who was nearby.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Orochimaru could have broken out of the genjutsu if he had enough time? He was slowly moving his hands, he was close, but Itachi cut his hand off right before that. Which is weird considering Itachi could have cut Orochimaru's head off easily and be done there and then.
    Does it really matter if he could break out of it or not? Genjutsu doesn't need to 1 shot you to be effective. Orochimaru was clearly at the mercy of Itachi. He could have ripped a stinky for lolz and walked away. Orochimaru could not defend himself at all at that moment.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Kisame on Jiriaiya:
    He is on a whole other level.

Itachi on Jiriaya:
    even if we had reinforcements, the result would be no different

Add in Orochimaru and Tsunade, instant Sannin win.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kisame and Itachi win this with some minor difficulties.

Madaras Susanoo is already enough to take on five Kage, and Itachi's Susanoo is even more powerful thanks to Yata Mirror and Sword of Totsuka.

Katsuyu and Bunta get sealed by Totsuka as soon as they pop up, Manda is the only summon which is potentially fast and elusive enough to avoid the blade for extended time, but the purple guy is susceptible to Sharingan Genjutsu so he'll end up paralyzed soon enough... or even worse: turned against the Sannins.

Any attacks the Sannins can launch will get reflected back, and even if one of them somehow manages to sneak behind Itachi to launch an attack from behind, its not like they have the means to break through Susanoo in one go.

And unlike some people seem to believe, Susanoo isn't making the user stationary, but instead Itachi can move around freely, making full use of his Sharingan, speed an skillful movement, thus any of the Sannin will have one hell of a time just dodging the Totsuka Blade.

Add to that Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi and on top of that Kisame and you have three dead Sannins pretty soon... unless Jiraiya uses his magical hair of course.

Quote Quote:
    Jiraiya solos Itachi and Kisame at best, at worst he ties with them. Under no circumstance do Itachi and Kisame win.
    Maybe by means of chapter 144 page 9 no Jutsu... but definitelly not by actual manga feats.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vanyar View Post
    Kisame on Jiriaiya:

Itachi on Jiriaya:

The next one already >_<

@OP

How about making a rule against that dreaded page?
    Last edited by LnDRash; March 10, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Itachi pretty much stated himself that Jiraiya was too tough for him. Itachi and Kisame pretty much fled when Jiraiya confronted them.

It's a no brainer, Sannin take this no problem.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Kisame and Itachi win this with some minor difficulties.

Madaras Susanoo is already enough to take on five Kage, and Itachi's Susanoo is even more powerful thanks to Yata Mirror and Sword of Totsuka.
    Madara is not only using susanoo but EMS+Mokuton+Rinnegan and that is how he is dealing with 5 kages . actually Tsunade by herself punched and cracked Madara's susanoo so i dont think itachi's version -even with the shield- can hold against her any better

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Katsuyu and Bunta get sealed by Totsuka as soon as they pop up, Manda is the only summon which is potentially fast and elusive enough to avoid the blade for extended time, but the purple guy is susceptible to Sharingan Genjutsu so he'll end up paralyzed soon enough... or even worse: turned against the Sannins.
    this is just my assumption but since the frogs are all weapon masters ,i think they can defend themselves against the sword better than other summons . genjutsu is another story tho , its very likely that they can all be turned against the sannins

btw snakes and frogs and slugs are all good with water , its very hard to imagine what would rly happen if kisame launched the water dome , maybe it could be even used against them

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kisame on Jiriaiya:

Itachi on Jiriaya:

That cant be used as proof tbh
    Itachi vs Jiraiya from what weve seen should atleast be a 50/50.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

So your telling me that I can't accept a character's own view on his own abilities? Itachi says he cannot defeat Jiraiya, this debate is including Itachi and jiraiya why would I not accept that?

In your opinion, that's the problem. Why use opinion when we can use fact?

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So your telling me that I can't accept a character's own view on his own abilities? Itachi says he cannot defeat Jiraiya, this debate is including Itachi and jiraiya why would I not accept that?

The third hokage was praised to be the strongest Kage, now tell me, do you actually believe he is? After what we have seen from other Kages?
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol... because you always need to put things into context. Itachi is an ally of Konoha and he had every intention of avoiding a fight with them. He's also shown to lie in many instances. Itachi has shown a lot of abilities that the Sanin's have no counters for. If your only argument is that quote then you've pretty much already made up your mind and no amount of ability comparisons is going to convince you. I just hope you don't think Tobi didn't have anything to do with Kyuubi's attack because he said so.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast