Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 31 Discussion

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 31 Discussion

Discuss the latest Chapter of Shingeki no Kyojin here!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by igotthegoods; March 10, 2012 at 07:54 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin by ISAYAMA Hajime

The chapter's been released and here's the link: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/89290/s...tz-waitingroom

3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME CHAPTER!!!
    Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hiro Hayase's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing revelations~
    Spoiler show

Moved the posts about the latest chapter to the new chapter discussion thread. No need to use spoiler tags here ^^ ~igotthegoods
    Last edited by igotthegoods; March 10, 2012 at 07:55 PM.
    "Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong."

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 31 Discussion/Chapter 32 Predictions

Spoiler show

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, but a great chapter...now I'm really interested in Annie's past in more details...she always seemed strange and reclusive, and had impressive ability...what interests me is if Annie's father and Eren's father knew or know each other...

I don't know...I'm just really excited for the next chapter...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Annie's reveal wasn't particularly unexpected. Her behaviour as a human was suspect. But it was her reaction to Arwin, and subsequent battle against Eren that pointed strongly toward her for me. Her combat scene as a Titan against Eren immediately reminded me of her fight with Eren during training. I'm really curious to figure out her motivations and background. It seems somewhat obvious that her faith in mankind is seriously lacking. The upcoming battle in the streets should be pretty awesome.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Unexpected turn of events. I thought the Giant was part of someone higher up in the government. Didn't think it was someone we know. Not to mention I didn't expect the gant to be revealed this soon. I thought the author was going to hide her some time more. Pleasant surprise I must admit.

I already don't know who Marco is. That's why I hate monthly released manga. Have to reread some chapter again xD

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

And I doubted Annie was the female Titan

The look on her face at the end of the chapter was epic, first the smile and then the glare were pure evil. What intrigues me about her now is the case can be made that she is truly villainous. She butchered countless members of the Scouting Legion without hesitation. The dialog in this chapter makes me think that Shingeki will call into question the nature of good, evil, and justice but will not try and justify her actions. I doubt she will be portrayed as absolute evil along the lines of Father in FMA or Tobi in Naruto, nor do I think any of her superiors will be either.

Annie's speech to the other MP was also very interesting. I think describing people who are brave enough to stand up for what they believe in, like Eren, as a rare breed and people apart is apt. In any crisis the people who are afraid, want to blame others, want to use the crisis for personal gain, or want to hide from reality are far more common. And they are more normal. Though I do believe she is trying to justify her own actions as the female titan too. A very interesting speech and something I had to reread a couple of times to fully appreciate.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Wow, but a great chapter...now I'm really interested in Annie's past in more details...she always seemed strange and reclusive, and had impressive ability...what interests me is if Annie's father and Eren's father knew or know each other...

I don't know...I'm just really excited for the next chapter...
    Those are similar to my questions: when was the serum administered to Annie, how long did she train, who taught her to use her powers to the extent she could?

Eren's father seems to have been well know. His drill instructor referred to him by name here. Her father was in the military and likely knew him too. It does not sound like her father was part of the group that leads the Titans though. She describes him derisively as an idealist akin to Eren here. I can not remember if or where there are any more details about her father but I guarantee he is important to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Unexpected turn of events. I thought the Giant was part of someone higher up in the government. Didn't think it was someone we know. Not to mention I didn't expect the gant to be revealed this soon. I thought the author was going to hide her some time more. Pleasant surprise I must admit.

I already don't know who Marco is. That's why I hate monthly released manga. Have to reread some chapter again xD
    I did not expect the female Titan to be Annie either, though that was widely predicted when she was introduced. I did not expect the reveal to be so soon either, though I am glad for it. I hate when mangaka drag out the suspense to long. Her identity was a secret for at least six months now, forcing the audience to wait to much longer would have sucked the life out of the mystery (*cough* Tobi *cough*). I expect that one of the stronger intelligent Titans is high up in the government. We still do not know the identity of the Colossal Titan, I would not be surprised if he is a very important person in the government.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Annie's reveal wasn't particularly unexpected. Her behaviour as a human was suspect. But it was her reaction to Arwin, and subsequent battle against Eren that pointed strongly toward her for me. Her combat scene as a Titan against Eren immediately reminded me of her fight with Eren during training. I'm really curious to figure out her motivations and background. It seems somewhat obvious that her faith in mankind is seriously lacking. The upcoming battle in the streets should be pretty awesome.
    Looking back at volume four I see it too. Her stance when she fought Eren in training was very similar to her fighting stance as a Titan. I did not catch that until you mentioned it.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Looking back at volume four I see it too. Her stance when she fought Eren in training was very similar to her fighting stance as a Titan. I did not catch that until you mentioned it.
    Yes, people have mentioned that - mainly because of her kick and the female titan's kick - but of course contention was that the move doesn't necessarily have to be exclusive to Annie (her dad being a military personnel meant it wasn't some sort of exclusive martial art when he taught her). Moreover, the experience of hand to hand combat showed by the female titan really did excel anything that Annie had shown so far, and even more questionable given that the focus of the military training was on the 3D gear rather than close quarters (of which we've been told Eren and Mikasa were shown to have the best aptitude for), so that you'd have to wonder where she could acquire such experience given that its not like the trainees were given any prior skirmishes to handle (even less so for CQC given how little respect it was given). You could argue she gained it prior when she was a child but its not like Annie is that old either - best you can do is give her foundations of basics but not experience that she really strutted as a female titan. Finally, we also had arguments that it was so she could have a role again - we're not authors here and she'd have a role irregardless if she was a female titan just to show how the Royal Guards are (which she did spectacularly).

Sides biggest give away for this chapter was really the way Annie was drawn - just look at her face when she is lying on bed waking up - the author really placed emphasis more on Annie's features (eyes, mouth, hair, and nose) that really would give you this immediate unsettling feeling that ok she's probably the female titan. Seriously could this page be anymore of a give away XD
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/89290/s...-waitingroom/1
    Its the exact look as the female titan - but since we've never seen a disheveled looking Annie without her hair clip this pretty much gave it away.
    Last edited by Hamy; March 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

The magic of this manga. Damn. What a reveal.

Great pacing. Isayama doesn't even give his reader time to take a breath. Annie crazed gaze in the last page is stunning.

But now I wonder. Does the Scouting Legion act on their own while being summoned to the capital or did they agree upon this with some other officials? The former seems more likely, since they have to act really fast and discreetly without rousing any suspicion - nor from Annie herself neither any of her superiors that might have alerted her.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello guys my first post here, well just recently caught up the latest chap. Anyway is this really a shounen manga?

And for this chapter, I don't know but maybe Annie isn't really the FT...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senewe View Post
    Anyway is this really a shounen manga?
    It is published in Bessatsu Shonen Magazine by Kodansha, so, yes, it is aimed at the shonen audience.

Quote Originally Posted by senewe View Post
    And for this chapter, I don't know but maybe Annie isn't really the FT...
    Then why would she admit that she is?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter, not that i need to say it. Being honest i kinda suspected that that female titan was Annie all along mostly because of its features and clear combat skills but the creepy grin and gloating on top of that had me like woooooowww.............ooooookaaaay then..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aikyet View Post

Then why would she admit that she is?
    I don't have legitimate reasoning on my part that's why I said I didn't know. Anyway if she really is a Titan, then I don't think transforming herself in public would do her any good..

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast