Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Naruto 579 review: Brothers, Fight as one!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/90703/n...578_by_jeziriz High quality translation of the chapter. The art work isn't as perfect but still good enough, andthe dialogue is much much better than mangareader.

---------- Post added March 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was March 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM ----------

Ok so here's my section on the action. I'll have to get my person impressions to you later in the day.

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

If it's too long just tell me and and I'll shorten it, or you guys can shorten it how you please so it better fits the format.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Joint Naruto review: The Weakness of Despair

Gintara's banner.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent my part in a pm to alpha and bene

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My bad guys on lateness, I will have to send in mine later today (PM)

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    My bad guys on lateness, I will have to send in mine later today (PM)
    No problem...you can post it in here as well though...

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, this might be just a test run, but from the looks of it, we'll have a real JR at the end of this "test run". In other words, a final product, that can even be published in the naruto review section. Or am I getting something wrong here?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Impressions

I thought that the chapter was all in all pretty average, due in no small part to it's predictable nature. Madara continues to drive the 5 Kage to the brink of despair with new, more terrifying Mokuton, much to the dismay of many a reader (to be the pinnacle of Uchiha strength, he's sure not relying on many Uchiha techniques). Kishimoto has convinced us that Kabuto has some kind of plan to stand up to two Mangekyou Sharingan wielders which could lead to an impressive fight; something we've all been wanting to see from Kabuto since he revealed himself as a major player in this war. Edo Tensei was indeed impressive, but nobody likes a one-trick pony.

Though the chapter itself didn't do much outside of foreshadowing Itachi's demise via Kabuto's calm facade and the dying crow at the beginning of the chapter, it did set things up for a fight that has the potential to end the Edo Tensei fiasco (which honestly isn't that bad, considering almost all the Edo Tensei ninja are sealed away by this point), making it an important battle.

Sasuke's behavior was refreshing this chapter. This was the first time in Part 2 that someone has attempted to manipulate his mind for the sake of their own gain, only for him to overcome it. Infact he seemed to have shed his holier-than-thou attitude for the most part, if only for this chapter. He seemed to be earnestly concerned with getting answers from his brother rather than killing Kabuto. Whether his emotions get the better of him and he kills him in a rage induced stupor, or we get a heart-to-heart with the brothers soon should change Sasuke's outlook.

His brother however was all fanservice this chapter. Which was good, as that's the sole purpose of Edo Tensei in the first place. To bring back familiar faces for us to fawn over. Many a reader got excited by him proclaiming that all jutsu have a weakness, and that he was Edo Tensei's weakness and for good reason. Itachi is revered as a calm, analytical, strategic genius type of fighter by fans and characters alike, so when he claims he'll find a weakness, we believe it. Infact if he wasn't obligated to lose due to plot necessity there likely would be no question as to how he manages to stop Edo Tensei (especially considering his proficiency with Genjutsu).

Which brings me to my impression of Kabuto's performance in the chapter: I'm not sold yet. His chuckling and cool, collected demeanor has many a reader believing he's in his comfort zone; that he's perfectly prepared to make light of two Mangekyou Sharingan (one if which being wielded by an immortal). We are to believe that Kabuto is strong enough to defeat both Sasuke and Itachi, but this flies in the face of previously displayed feats by all three of these ninja. It's not farfetched to assume that Kabuto is simply putting on a front and actually isn't capable of any genuine threat here. He could very well have some anti-Genjutsu abilities or failsafe installed into Itachi's body to prevent him from attacking him, but I don't expect any direct hand to hand confrontation or clash of powerful techniques.

I get the impression that he is only giddy about the upcoming scuffle between he and the Uchiha brothers because of some secret that he expects to give him an edge. Yes, trickery and sleight of hand will be the name of the game in the upcoming fight. Which is fine, considering those are the best types of battles in Naruto. It will be a refreshing detour from meteors, giant energy beams ala Kamehameha, and battlefield-razing wood release jutsu.

Speaking of wood jutsu, Madara, despite the boring nature of the fight with the 5 Kage, still continues to dominate with his Mokuton usage which, once again, is getting old. Kishimoto wants to drive home the sense of despair by putting the 5 Kage in a situation they seemingly can't overcome, even with the inherited Will of Fire. While doing so, he continues to play up Hashirama Senju's strength by only showing us more Mokuton. Which in theory isn't bad... it's just too much. He has solidified Madara in our minds as the Big Bad, the guy you do not want to cross. He's solidified Hashirama as the strongest ninja for generations; someone to be feared. Now it's time to show us why the current Kage are the leaders of their respective villages. Turning the supposed strongest ninja in the world into fodder leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and the fact that we've all come to expect no casualties in this war makes the jobbing they're getting from Madara seem even less important. We don't need to see Madara thrash them anymore. We need to see the Kage's do something, or at the very least get some sort of revelation about Madara's past during the fight.

Predictions

I'm of the opinion that the next chapter will focus mainly on Itachi and Sasuke again, as Itachi has already activated his Mangekyou Sharingan, and Kabuto has begun summoning snakes, signifying the start of the fight. The fight is underway, so even if it cuts back to Madara vs. the 5 Kage we'll atleast see the beginning of the battle. I expect Kabuto to continue trying to drive a wedge between the two brothers, resulting in conflicted emotions from Sasuke that may force him to turn on his brother. Afterall, Edo Tensei is all that's keeping Itachi's undead body alive. The cancellation of the jutsu should result in his death, meaning he is lying to Sasuke about talking to him to recieve his aid. For Itachi to betray Sasuke again despite all that's happened would be the finisher; the event that pushes him so far that the small bit of restraint he's shown thus far is thrown out the window.

I don't expect to see Naruto vs. Tobi yet, as it's easily the most important fight of the three going on right now, and needs to be focused on without jumping back and forth. Still, Edo Tensei can't be negated too quickly, as Tobi and Kabuto are in a rough situation as it is already, and losing Edo Madara will be the killing blow that leaves Tobi and Kabuto with no real military strength. I doubt we'll see Kabuto's trump card just yet though.

That's all I got so far. So... yeah. Trying to think of some padding to lengthen it.

EDIT: Oh. Now it looks longer than it did in wordpad, lol.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    You know, this might be just a test run, but from the looks of it, we'll have a real JR at the end of this "test run". In other words, a final product, that can even be published in the naruto review section. Or am I getting something wrong here?
    So if everything is in order and everyone is cool with it, why don't we publish it?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't for the life of me think of anything else to add in predictions. I hope that's not what we're waiting on. If so, my bad, lol.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

If jdw finished his part (and send it to bene, cause I didn't receive anything), then I think we could drop the the art corner, and all that's left would be bene's intro + small summary. If that's the case then I we're gonna post this review once bene posts the whole thing into the OP.

EDIT: No wait, we still have the impressions. Bene, how does the scoring system work. Is it on a 1-5 scale? 1-10? 0-1?

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

0-1 for each section...there are 5 sections...so it's 0-5 overall...my summary is already posted...until jdw sends his bit to me, I'll take care of the art corner as well...

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

So I assume it is official now that this review will be published?

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

BTW, we still need the panels for the analysis. Othewise the banner will be the only graphic in this 3000+ characters review.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    So I assume it is official now that this review will be published?

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

BTW, we still need the panels for the analysis. Othewise the banner will be the only graphic in this 3000+ characters review.
    It will be published if we arrive in time, which looks we will...

We need panels as well...I can choose the panels this time, since this is the first time we worked together...next time everyone can choose the panels themselves...

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

We still need impressions from everyone, I would ask you to make those impressions short and to the point...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; March 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori
    We still need impressions from everyone, I would ask you to make those impressions short and to the point...
    Yikes. My impressions are long and all around the point instead of short and to the point. I guess the first and second paragraph, since they focus mainly on the main point? Just cut and paste the parts that get the right idea across and use them.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast