Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65

Thread: Naruto 579 review: Brothers, Fight as one!

  1. #1
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,714
    Post Thanks / Like

    Naruto 579 review: Brothers, Fight as one!

    Hi...so this thread will collect all the ideas and scripts, and will contain the final version of the review as well...
    Basically anything Naruto review related....

    ---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

    I though about how we should write the review...I thought off dividing it into 5 main parts besides the short intro and end credits
    Format
    - Intro
    I. Analysis
    1. Small summary of the chapter that focuses how the chapter is built up from the beginning til the end, and identifies a main message or core of the chapter...
    2. Character development, dialogue analysis, or any other stuff that is related to characters
    3. Plot development, pace, new revelations/info...basically anything that moves or doesn't move the plot forward, or anything that expands the lore
    4. Art analysis...paneling, details, facial expressions, pace, etc...
    5. Action....how well is it executed, how complex it was, how boring it was, basically a separate analysis just on the action part...jutsus used, jutsus that could have been used instead

    II. Impressions
    - from all of us on the 5 categories mentioned above and scores from all of us...(that's why I chose 5 categories, so that we can easily score each category and then add them together....can use 0, 0.1, 0.7 so basically the marks are not just 0 or 1)


    III. Predictions

    - Credits


    Participants on this project

    - jdw ----- plot
    - ninjabot ------ predictions
    - Delbi ----- action(the only category remaining)
    - benelori ------ intro and summary
    - KiSwordsman ------ characters
    - Masterpice(awaiting reply)
    - Googlez-kun(awaiting reply) ------ art

    Oh yeah...any ideas on how to change the format are welcome

    Spoiler: review show
    Last edited by benelori; March 27, 2012 at 05:09 PM.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    Right off the bait. KiSwordsman is also part of the Naruto team. Don't go excluding people just like that.

    For the record, so is Masterpice. But he still didn't reply to my PM to subscribe in the RA HQ Thread, so for now, let's assume the review will be written without him.

    But my biggest worry is the format. If you've checked out our other reviews, you'll notice that we have a simple 3 point format. It's simple, it's easy, it's effective. We have a lot of newcomers (Naruto team consists only of newcomers aside from you), so all those dialouge analysis, plot deveopment and new relavations stuff is something for experts.

    We have too many newcomers in this team, so three sections won't be enough, but I still think we should use the standard format, especially in the beginning of our reviewer career.

    So, if I may use my authority as the founder and leader of the Reviewer Alliance... that format needs to be changed, bene.

    ---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

    BTW, I thik the team should be ready for 579. 578 will be out in two days, but there's enough prep. time for 579.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #3
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,714
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Right off the bait. KiSwordsman is also part of the Naruto team. Don't go excluding people just like that.

    For the record, so is Masterpice. But he still didn't reply to my PM to subscribe in the RA HQ Thread, so for now, let's assume the review will be written without him.
    Well I couldn't have known that now, could I? When they'll subscribe to this thread or to HQ, then I'll add them...I need to know stuff, right...I'm not excluding anybody here
    Quote Quote:
    But my biggest worry is the format. If you've checked out our other reviews, you'll notice that we have a simple 3 point format. It's simple, it's easy, it's effective. We have a lot of newcomers (Naruto team consists only of newcomers aside from you), so all those dialouge analysis, plot deveopment and new relavations stuff is something for experts.
    The format is totally the same...the Analysis part that you have in the reviews it's the same as the Review Part...we will rename it if you want, but it's still the same...my format has impressions as well...and the only thing that isn't there is Predictions, which...well....I forgot to add

    And trust me...all these people who wrote back(jdw, ninjabot and Delbi) and the ones you mentioned afterwards Masterpice and KiSwordsman are experts....I know this because I'm modding Naruto for years now...nobody is a reviewer, but that doesn't mean that their analyzing capabilities are bad...actually quite the opposite...you can trust me on that
    Quote Quote:
    We have too many newcomers in this team, so three sections won't be enough, but I still think we should use the standard format, especially in the beginning of our reviewer career.

    So, if I may use my authority as the founder and leader of the Reviewer Alliance... that format needs to be changed, bene.
    You can use your authority...but this is not the time, because there's nothing to change as I've said earlier....I just broke down the analysis part into different parts...you've read comments from the other reviews right? We need to make a cohesive, structured review.
    Quote Quote:
    BTW, I thik the team should be ready for 579. 578 will be out in two days, but there's enough prep. time for 579.
    That depends really, on how fast will people react to this thread and how can they organize their time...we'll see...I see no problem in prolonging it to next week, but if people will be ready, then why not?

    ---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

    EDIT: format changed to the big 3 parts
    Last edited by benelori; March 12, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #4
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    I honestly think doing 579 would be a good idea instead of just knocking out 578 right away for a few reasons.

    1) And this an be ignored since it's selfish of me, but I am extremely busy this week and won't have access to a computer Saturday, so I won't be as available as I usually will be to the group, so my input won't be as strong as it usually would be. So if everyone else wants to do 578 without me, or with little input me that is fine with me.

    2) I think we as a group need to discuss how we are going to go about the review. And while we are all very knowledgeable of Naruto, we all do have strong opinions and personalities. This isn't a bad thing, but saying that, we need to come to a consensus about the chapters we are reviewing, and thus we have to devise as a group how we are going to do this so that we create the best review possible with out expertise on the manga. Whether this is we each take a certain part of the review, or we come together to each part is something we have to decide.

    3) We aren't experienced reviewers, and while I don't see this as a hard task, it'd be nice to maybe use 578 as our practice run as to how this process is going to work in the future.

    Again these are just thoughts, so feel free to disagree or whatever.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #5
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,714
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    I honestly think doing 579 would be a good idea instead of just knocking out 578 right away for a few reasons.

    1) And this an be ignored since it's selfish of me, but I am extremely busy this week and won't have access to a computer Saturday, so I won't be as available as I usually will be to the group, so my input won't be as strong as it usually would be. So if everyone else wants to do 578 without me, or with little input me that is fine with me.
    I see...I see no problem with that...if you are busy, then of course we will take our time and make the review of next week's chapter...I would like everyone to have time and think through what we are going to write...so it's okay
    Quote Quote:
    2) I think we as a group need to discuss how we are going to go about the review. And while we are all very knowledgeable of Naruto, we all do have strong opinions and personalities. This isn't a bad thing, but saying that, we need to come to a consensus about the chapters we are reviewing, and thus we have to devise as a group how we are going to do this so that we create the best review possible with out expertise on the manga. Whether this is we each take a certain part of the review, or we come together to each part is something we have to decide.
    This will be a bit interesting then...I would like to know if you have any particular ideas on how to reach a consensus if we can...discussing the main chapter points maybe?
    Every time I've written a review, my main goal was to make it a cohesive text...which means that the different parts of the review were related with each other, so it happened a lot that certain ideas from one part got imported to another...
    That's why I suggest that we write each our parts in order...for example, if I start by writing a small summary and identifying the main aspects of the chapter, then the next parts should be written in light of what I wrote...so basically each of us will have to use the information of what the others have written to make it cohesive...so we should write our parts in order...

    So I agree that some degree of consensus needs to be reached here...
    Quote Quote:
    3) We aren't experienced reviewers, and while I don't see this as a hard task, it'd be nice to maybe use 578 as our practice run as to how this process is going to work in the future.

    Again these are just thoughts, so feel free to disagree or whatever.
    It's not a hart task....the basic idea of reviewing is what we always do when we post in the chapter discussion thread...we identify a certain idea, we have an opinion and we back up that opinion with some logic...
    However a review tackles the entire chapter not just aspects of it, that's why I'm proposed that we should write our parts in order...


    We really need to receive input from the others as well, so that we can reach an agreement

  10. #6
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    About the idea of reaching a consencus between the reviewers. I whole-heartedly support for this idea, however there are some problems attached to it. I fear that if we will first discuss all the aspects of a review beforehand, we might not have enough time left for the actual writing. The same thing applies to the "writing sections in order, one after another" part. It would make the JR look more planned out, but that would create problems for the people who would write the "latter sections".

    That idea would work in a monthly review. I'm not sure about weekly.

    ---------- Post added March 14, 2012 at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was March 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM ----------

    I PM'ed the guys to come over to this thread.

  11. #7
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,767
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    So are we doing as Delbi suggested, and using this chapter as a test run?

  12. #8
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    Wait, this chapter as in this chapter? Slow down! It's all going so FAST!

    Nah. We gotta get used to things eventually. Though inline with reaching a consensus, does that mean we have to vote unanimously on what to put in the review? Or each person has sole control over their aspect of said review?

  13. #9
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    So are we doing as Delbi suggested, and using this chapter as a test run?
    I'm still not very sure how this test run is supposed to work in the first place. Let's wait for bene to clear that up.

    ---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Wait, this chapter as in this chapter? Slow down! It's all going so FAST!

    Nah. We gotta get used to things eventually. Though inline with reaching a consensus, does that mean we have to vote unanimously on what to put in the review? Or each person has sole control over their aspect of said review?
    I'm for the latter variant. Like I said, the "agreeing beforehand" is too time-consuming. We won't come to one common opinion of all the aspects of a chapter in 1-2 days. That's why I'm for dividing the sections between the members and everyone writes whatevery he wants.

  14. #10
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    Huh. Well, I guess that works. I think you picked a good group of reviewers then, because you've accumulated pretty much every type of Naruto fan here amongst us. Which should make for some... "colorful" reviews.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #11
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,767
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    I'm still not very sure how this test run is supposed to work in the first place. Let's wait for bene to clear that up.

    ---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------



    I'm for the latter variant. Like I said, the "agreeing beforehand" is too time-consuming. We won't come to one common opinion of all the aspects of a chapter in 1-2 days. That's why I'm for dividing the sections between the members and everyone writes whatevery he wants.
    I'm all for that, but won't doing it that way make the flow of the review seem a little strange? Forgive me if this was discussed already.

  17. #12
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reviewer Alliance HQ
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    I'm all for that, but won't doing it that way make the flow of the review seem a little strange? Forgive me if this was discussed already.
    No, it wasn't. The whole JR thing is respectively new in the first place, so there's still a lot more questions than answers. >_>

    ---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

    Hmmm... doesn't look like Masterpice is going to join us. I think we can start discussing the distribution of the sections. Do you guys have any idea what section you might want to write?

    Right of the bait. We have 4 people in this review and 3 sections. That's the perferct amount. 2 people are going to write the analysis, one half each, the other two are going to divide the impressions/predictions between themselves.

    ---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

    And I think it's time to add the 479 to the thread title.

  18. #13
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    I'm here! Sorry, I was AFK for a while. We ready to start or...?

    EDIT: I'll be taking one of the less strenuous jobs, ofcourse. Since this is my first time... I expect you guys to be gentle.

    I'll take impressions and predictions.
    Last edited by ninjabot; March 14, 2012 at 02:37 PM.

  19. #14
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,714
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    Spoiler: replies to above posts show

    Anyways....I choose the Intro and Short Summary, so that we could get this going quickly enough

    ---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

    For anyone who doesn't have an idea about what to write in the other sections, so he can't choose....I did make some suggestions there...but those are just suggestions, things that outline some important things....but I encourage creativity....if you choose characters, and you choose to write about Madara's ego as a central idea, then go ahead...if you think he is a prick then go ahead and write that, just give some arguments...if you think the Uchiha bro union is based on a lie then write that...just share your thoughts within the limits of the part that you are supposed to write...that's all...

    Also it looks like Googlez-kun will be taking care of the art analysis....it's nothing certain, but I'm mentioning it so that you could choose something else...it doesn't matter much, because this should be viewed as a test, not an actual review, but if we manage to pull something out, then we can as well post it in the future.

    So let's get to work....I will start my part, and it will done in an hour or so...

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #15
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,767
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I'm here! Sorry, I was AFK for a while. We ready to start or...?

    EDIT: I'll be taking one of the less strenuous jobs, ofcourse. Since this is my first time... I expect you guys to be gentle.

    I'll take impressions and predictions.
    Since Alpha said 2 people can work on this ill help you.

  22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts