Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 579 review: Brothers, Fight as one!

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Joint Naruto review: xxx

Spoiler: Intro and Summary show

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Since Alpha said 2 people can work on this ill help you.
    However I think impressions should be wrote by everyone...so that comes by default...so can you choose something else besides predictions?...this is a test run, so don't be discouraged to choose one of the more laborious parts. I mean I've already wrote the summary part, so you can use pointers from that if you'd like.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Also....keep in mind, that what I wrote there is not a short summary, there is a brief analysis in there as well...a brief analysis of the characters....I decide to insert that there, because I think that is the tone of the chapter, and I provided an angle from which we can analyze...I can take out the character analysis part at any time, so that anyone can incorporate that, but in more detail...

However if nobody will take character analysis then I will just expand what I wrote in there...and it means that 3 parts of the review are already covered.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Spoiler: Intro and Summary show

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

However I think impressions should be wrote by everyone...so that comes by default...so can you choose something else besides predictions?...this is a test run, so don't be discouraged to choose one of the more laborious parts. I mean I've already wrote the summary part, so you can use pointers from that if you'd like.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Also....keep in mind, that what I wrote there is not a short summary, there is a brief analysis in there as well...a brief analysis of the characters....I decide to insert that there, because I think that is the tone of the chapter, and I provided an angle from which we can analyze...I can take out the character analysis part at any time, so that anyone can incorporate that, but in more detail...

However if nobody will take character analysis then I will just expand what I wrote in there...and it means that 3 parts of the review are already covered.
    Fair enough, whats the deadline?

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I don't want to pressure anyone, since this is a test, but maybe you can be done by tomorrow? If you don't have time then Friday is a good day as well...also, what part are you choosing? If you choose Characters, then I will modify my summary, if you will choose something else, then I will take characters as well, and expand what I wrote...

Even though this is a test, I think it's a good practice for all of us to finish our parts as fast as possible, so that the others could start working on their stuff as well...

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sup all. I can do plot (first choice) or character (second choice) development. For this test run, I would appreciate if we could have sections due on Friday. I always have time for Naruto, but I work really long hours, sadly. What will the deadline be for weeks that are not test runs (sorry if I missed it).

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Sup all. I can do plot (first choice) or character (second choice) development. For this test run, I would appreciate if we could have sections due on Friday. I always have time for Naruto, but I work really long hours, sadly. What will the deadline be for weeks that are not test runs (sorry if I missed it).
    Hey, hey! o/...plot would be awesome....please do that...I already did some of the character part, so plot is next on the list...

And for future reviews, I think Saturdays will be reasonable deadline IMO...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So I guess that leaves me with characters? Okay then.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    So I guess that leaves me with characters? Okay then.
    Awesome...then I will rewrite my summary after I see what you and jdw wrote, so that I can make it a short summary for real

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so my work schedule is as follows for this week:

Off Monday and Tuesday, work 12 hours on Wednesday and Thursday, then off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

But because it's a 12 hour, 3rd shift job the next week I work:

Monday and Tuesday, then I'm off Wednesday and Thursday... then I work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The hours alternate like that each week. One short, one long. Meaning I just got off of work 2 hours and 20 minutes ago from a 12 hour shift. So after some sleep I can be on to start working on some stuff.

But I want some things squared away first. How many paragraphs should I make my impressions portion, since we're all giving impressions? And second, what else should I pick up in addition, since you want us all to do impressions and something else that takes more work?

I'm guessing predictions along with it?

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Okay, so my work schedule is as follows for this week:

Off Monday and Tuesday, work 12 hours on Wednesday and Thursday, then off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

But because it's a 12 hour, 3rd shift job the next week I work:

Monday and Tuesday, then I'm off Wednesday and Thursday... then I work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The hours alternate like that each week. One short, one long. Meaning I just got off of work 2 hours and 20 minutes ago from a 12 hour shift. So after some sleep I can be on to start working on some stuff.

But I want some things squared away first. How many paragraphs should I make my impressions portion, since we're all giving impressions? And second, what else should I pick up in addition, since you want us all to do impressions and something else that takes more work?

I'm guessing predictions along with it?
    Yup...you chose predictions first, so that's your part...

Impressions should be one paragraph...we will put each impression under spoiler tag, so it won't occupy much space, so you can make it a longer paragraph if you want to.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I give up on understanding how you guys plan to pull this off. Let's just see how it all turns out.

On a more brighter note, I asked gintara to make a Naruto banner for us. Hope she'll make it in time before the 579 deadline.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    I give up on understanding how you guys plan to pull this off. Let's just see how it all turns out.
    Well it's not hard...we have 5 major parts of the analysis...

1. The summary was done by me(which will be edited after I get KiSwordsman's and jdw's part)
    2. KiSwordsman is doing characters
    3. Jdw is with the plot
    4. I talked with Googz about the art, but he said he was busy, but he might cook up something...
    5. And the last remained for Delbi, who is also busy

Each of us will write their impressions in the end, like we did the P.S. part of this review

And then ninjabot comes with some predictions...

I will wrap it up with credits and good byes...

It's pretty much like we did the Fairy Tail review...there were 3 of us, so we were perfect to do 3 parts(1 part each)...the reason why it worked well, is because we had clear limitations of what we wrote...I didn't do analysis there, just predictions and so on...in this review we have greater numbers so the tasks need to be set more clearly, so that we do not overlap with what each other is supposed to do...
    Quote Quote:
    On a more brighter note, I asked gintara to make a Naruto banner for us. Hope she'll make it in time before the 579 deadline.
    Oh thanks...I was going to ask about that, because I think after we are done with the writing part we will need to take care of the visuals(which panels to edit, banner etc...)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright I'll have the action section and my impressions done sometime Friday afternoon.

Just a quick suggestion/question. Should we rotate week to week who does what section? Or will certain people do a certain section every week?

I ask this because if we switch week to week it will keep each section fresh, but if we each do the same section every week it will keep continuity. Each option of course has its pros and cons in terms of the quality of the review and I feel confident we all can handle every section except Art which I think should always fall to Googlez if he is willing of course.

If we do decide to each stick with a section, my first choice would be Characters. But since KiSwordsman got it first I would assume he has first dibs.
    Last edited by Delbi; March 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Alright I'll have the action section and my impressions done sometime Friday afternoon.

Just a quick suggestion/question. Should we rotate week to week who does what section? Or will certain people do a certain section every week?

I ask this because if we switch week to week it will keep each section fresh, but if we each do the same section every week it will keep continuity. Each option of course has its pros and cons in terms of the quality of the review and I feel confident we all can handle every section except Art which I think should always fall to Googlez if he is willing of course.
    Awesome...thanks...Friday will be perfect...\o/

About that...I was going to ask that after we finished this one....originally this was supposed to be a test run, so I figured that we could do the same format next week as well....but if we will finish in time, then we could rotate next week, or maybe do a rotation every 2 weeks, or every 2 reviews...

I don't know really, I'm okay with any section(including art), but maybe others have preferences...for example jdw chose between plot and characters this week, so maybe that is what he likes to write about...

I think we should see if anyone has certain preferences...if someone does have, then that person will stick to what he likes, and the rest of us might do a rotation...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok sounds good to me.

Also, quick question. What site uses the best translations with scans? I've been using mangareader since they are usually quick to get the chapters out but their translations aren't that great. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Delbi; March 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Ok sounds good to me.

Also, quick question. What site uses the best translations with scans? I've been using mangareader since they are usually quick to get the chapters out but their translations aren't that great. Any suggestions?
    I have absolutely no idea...ashher posted a link in the discussion thread a while ago...dragon fly scans or something? I think...I will check their scan out, because the MR version this week was

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast