Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter X Hunter Movie Confirmed!!

Negative Syndicate

Hunter X Hunter Movie Confirmed!!

It looks like Hunter x Hunter going to get a movie-adaptation.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...008-mantan-ent

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brigid001's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

OMG OMG OMG!!! How long have I waited for this!! I really hope it's true XDD Wonder what the plot will be lol TBH I just cannot wait to see what the animation will look like yes!!!!
    Fave Manga:
    20th Century Boys, Alive:The Final Evolution, Bokurano, Hunter x Hunter, Kamisama no Iutoori, Liar Game, Reborn,
    Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, Zetman.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by brigid001 View Post
    How long have I waited for this!!
    It took 14 years to get a movie-adaptation.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

This news sounds interesting, though I don't understand even the tiniest bit of japanese/chinese/korean/whatever that was written in the link. Can someone give me a rough translation, please? ^^

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Pokymonn's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heron bpv View Post
    This news sounds interesting, though I don't understand even the tiniest bit of japanese/chinese/korean/whatever that was written in the link. Can someone give me a rough translation, please? ^^
    There you go, the roughest translation that you might find (cause it's via google translate)

Be produced anime movie version of 14 days, revealed in an interview to the official manga "(Hunter × Hunter) HUNTER × HUNTER" Yoshihiro Togashi's popularity has issued more than 60 million unit total Comics . Although the animated television has been twice so far, to become the theater version is the first time in 14 years this series. But a completely original story, also called hallmark workmanship of the original participants. Various scenes of "HUNTER × HUNTER" [Photo Feature]  "Hunter × Hunter" is start a series "Weekly Shonen Jump" magazine cartoon (Shueisha) from 98 years Mr. Togashi. Gon is a hometown boy who traveled to become a professional hunter with the same father broke up when I was young, with friends Killua, Kurapika, and Reorio, adventures unfold in a variety of content, currently, 10 am every Sunday at the Nippon Television 55 know when the TV anime is being broadcast.  Theater version, which was upon the request of the original fans and viewers, to No. 16 "Weekly Shonen Jump" to be released, it will be posted the message from Mr. Togashi on March 19.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A movie!?!?!?! man! all I gotta say is dreams do come true

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Babel translator says animated movie but I won't trust that, I hope its not bad if its filler. I'd prefer it be an adaptation of an existing arc, I know that sounds kinda boring, but that's what I'd want personally.

Live action? I don't know if I want live action Hunter honestly, but we'll see what happens. Shonen tend to have faily sub par film adaptation if we go by the record thus far, still it's excited and I have my fingers crossed whatever this is its awesome.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

"Hunter x Hunter" Movie Green-Lit

Quote Quote:
    With two TV anime already, Hunter x Hunter is now about to get the one thing that it lacks from its other Shonen Jump brethren, a movie. In an interview today with staff, it was revealed that production of an animated Hunter x Hunter movie has been green-lit. The movie will have a completely original story, but those involved with the manga have given it their stamp of approval. Issue 16 of Shonen Jump will contain a message from Yoshihiro Togashi regarding the movie.

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ovie-green-lit

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brigid001's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this pretty much confirms it's an animated movie:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...1st-anime-film

EDIT; Whoops ninja'd :P
    Fave Manga:
    20th Century Boys, Alive:The Final Evolution, Bokurano, Hunter x Hunter, Kamisama no Iutoori, Liar Game, Reborn,
    Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, Zetman.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter X Hunter movie confirmed!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...1st-anime-film

This is...VERY surprising, but the series does have the sort of world where that would work I guess. At least this officially confirms the remake is doing well so there's no longer a need to be paranoid about renewal.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Judging by it only being greenlit now, and the animes current pacing, what arc do you think it will take place during? And what sort of filler movie would everyone be interested in seeing? I'm hoping its either right after or before Yorkshin. Featuring crazy nen battles with our 4 heroes+ Hisoka.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Refraction's Avatar
    Country
    Iceland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter movie confirmed!!

Because I am diabolical and obscene, I am hoping against all hope that this movie will be to HUNTERxHUNTER's TV series what the Fist of the North Star movie was to Fist of the North Star's: gratuitously and awfully violent by comparison.

I genuinely have nothing more insightful to contribute.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah YEAH!!! a animated movie, AND its a original story? THATS what I'm talkin bout! XD

sorry but I personally HATE when a movie adapts stuff we already saw(my only exception is gintama's movie because I never saw the acctual arc before) I almost always expect the movies of anime to be new content, and I mostly never care if its by the author or not, if it is great, if not, lets hope they do a good job. most of the time I'm satisfied with these sort of things, but thats just me.

so hunter x hunter is finally getting a film eh? I assume the animation may just be like badland rumble or just a bit more updated version of the TV series, cause the art and animation is already pretty top notch, to top that would surpise me. Unless of course they go the way bones did with FMA's sacred star of milos movie, where it was less about the still art, but more about the moving animation(which was eyegasmicly awesome *saw in theaters*)

As for story I will simply trusts whoever writes it, and pray that all five of the main characters are involved(gon and killua of course. Kurapika, LEORIO, and thow in some hisoka for the fans). I'm expecting great things, not great like summer wars or Akira (though if the author were in a good enough mood, he probably could get it to that level) but all in all I'm looking for a good film that'll keep me hooked and guessing! Can't wait to see it!

I hope whoever localizes 2011 HxH gets this film too, I'd totally buy it. Hell, I may acctually IMPORT it, and I NEVER import(though its gotta have subs).
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno if I'd trust that. There was buzz about a second Gintama movie a while back from rumors like those, and while the source claimed it would happen, Sunrise was like 'duuuh we don't know', and since then nothing has been announced.

I wouldn't be against a movie, more like I kinda wonder why it never got one the first time around? Maybe because of the hiatuses? I'm more interested in knowing what Togashi's message would be though. Gimmie 'I'll make HXH a normal serialization' over a movie any day.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter movie confirmed!!

@ Divinenega

Hey you're on ANN's forums aren't ya? Yeah you posted the same thing there too, (as I am here)

yeah YEAH!!! a animated movie, AND its a original story? THATS what I'm talkin bout! XD

sorry but I personally HATE when a movie adapts stuff we already saw(my only exception is gintama's movie because I never saw the acctual arc before) I almost always expect the movies of anime to be new content, and I mostly never care if its by the author or not, if it is great, if not, lets hope they do a good job. most of the time I'm satisfied with these sort of things, but thats just me.

so hunter x hunter is finally getting a film eh? I assume the animation may just be like badland rumble or just a bit more updated version of the TV series, cause the art and animation is already pretty top notch, to top that would surpise me. Unless of course they go the way bones did with FMA's sacred star of milos movie, where it was less about the still art, but more about the moving animation(which was eyegasmicly awesome *saw in theaters*)

As for story I will simply trusts whoever writes it, and pray that all five of the main characters are involved(gon and killua of course. Kurapika, LEORIO, and thow in some hisoka for the fans). I'm expecting great things, not great like summer wars or Akira (though if the author were in a good enough mood, he probably could get it to that level) but all in all I'm looking for a good film that'll keep me hooked and guessing! Can't wait to see it!

I hope whoever localizes 2011 HxH gets this film too, I'd totally buy it. Hell, I may acctually IMPORT it, and I NEVER import(though its gotta have subs).
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast