Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.65%
  • 2 (Average)

4 2.61%
  • 3 (Good)

27 17.65%
  • 4 (Great!)

70 45.75%
  • 5 (Epic)

51 33.33%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 661 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 661 Discussion / 662 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Shojin View Post
    Now can you imagine if Law used that same ability on luffy's group and eithier Luffy or Zoro end up with Robin's body and abilities? Well tbh, I think it would be awesome since it could lead to all sorts of new possible fighting techniques with the Hana Hana no mi (and funny at the same time since they may not do crap due to Robin's physiqe and all, but if they do it would of been a 9 out of 10 in my "bullshit-O-meter", but it still would be all kinds of awesome no less). Anyways, I can't wait for the next chapter!
    Well, Haki and swordsmanship itself most likely aren't dependent on physique only. More interesting is however, whether Franky can control Chopper's DF.
    But we shouldn't forget the marines. Because of them I can think of one chance for the SH to get their body back: If Law looses to Smoker and Tashigi the SH could ask him to return their hearts in exchange for his rescue.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad some of the strawhats got their bodies switched. They're too strong already, they need a handicap. It's like when they had to fight underwater, and they still beat everyone to a pulp. And seeing Brook kick some ass was great! I'm surprised he isn't cold. "45 Degrees! Ah - but this is much colder...!"

3. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member warsetone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franklyn D. Kieran View Post
    COA Haki can work as a shield right? Protecting the user from others with weaker haki or no haki at all. An example is something like:

If Luffy's Haki shielding him was a lot stronger then Law's Haki who was attacking, then Law's attack wouldn't be able to reach Luffy. Think of it like a sword and shield battle, A Shield stronger then a sword won't let the sword pass through and protects the user, but a stronger sword would cut through and damage the user.

So If Luffy's COA is stronger than Law's, he shouldn't be able to cut him. So his ability will be useless. If that makes sense?

Sorry if that's confusing... If anybody can explain it better than me, please do!
    The thing is I dont think luffy's armor haki is that strong around his body, as shown vs Hordy. He even commented on that when he was bit by Hordy on the shoulder, where he said that his haki in that region is not strong enough. This was meant to be a contrast with Akainu, who was attacked in the same region by Marco and Vista, shown no signaficant damaged what so ever after being cut

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warsetone View Post
    The thing is I dont think luffy's armor haki is that strong around his body, as shown vs Hordy. He even commented on that when he was bit by Hordy on the shoulder, where he said that his haki in that region is not strong enough. This was meant to be a contrast with Akainu, who was attacked in the same region by Marco and Vista, shown no signaficant damaged what so ever after being cut
    He said his Haki isn't strong enough for piercing attacks...

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think it really shows how much variety there is in how good people are with Haki. The admirals are so terrifying because they are absolute experts with it, plus they have the top-dog logias. So you need to be someone with Yonkou-level Haki to be a match for them, like Whitebeard and Shanks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like Law ability allows him to cut through anything even sword.If you take a look at the last panel you clearly see that Tashigi was blocking his attack but Law went through anyway.
    About the CoA topic,Luffy vs Kraken literally gives an idea about how strong he is and how could use CoA in order to fight Law.I can see Luffy in Gear second imbued with CoA all over his body then he call it "Darkkk Gearrr".
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Franklyn D. Kieran's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point here, but I thought that was because he let his guard down and was at a disadvantage under water. I have a feeling that if he was on land he may have been able to put more of his energy in to his Haki, plus we don't know how strong or weak Law's Haki is in comparison to Luffy's still. So I'll just wait until they fight, (if they ever do) or until we get a reference to whichever has stronger Haki (which I'm guessing is Luffy) to say if Law's abilities would effect Luffy at all.

This must be how Anti-Obito Theorists felt when Kishimoto revealed Tobi as Obito.

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point here, but I thought that was because he let his guard down and was at a disadvantage under water. I have a feeling that if he was on land he may have been able to put more of his energy in to his Haki, plus we don't know how strong or weak Law's Haki is in comparison to Luffy's still. So I'll just wait until they fight, (if they ever do) or until we get a reference to whichever has stronger Haki (which I'm guessing is Luffy) to say if Law's abilities would effect Luffy at all.
    I'm pretty darn sure Law can slice up Luffy. But I don't think it would do much good. The samurai is still just as dangerous, imagine how crazy Luffy would be! He's rubber, and can morph himself in all sorts of ways. It'd be like an army of small Luffys! He could send one limb to each corner of the island and kick everyone's ass all at once!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    I'm pretty darn sure Law can slice up Luffy. But I don't think it would do much good. The samurai is still just as dangerous, imagine how crazy Luffy would be! He's rubber, and can morph himself in all sorts of ways. It'd be like an army of small Luffys! He could send one limb to each corner of the island and kick everyone's ass all at once!
    Now I hope that Law can slice Luffy just so I can see this LOL. Admittedly that would be extremely entertaining. If Luffy got his legs cut by Law, then stuck his top half ontop of a horses legs and became a Centuar That'd be amazing.

This must be how Anti-Obito Theorists felt when Kishimoto revealed Tobi as Obito.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I hope that Law can slice Luffy just so I can see this LOL. Admittedly that would be extremely entertaining. If Luffy got his legs cut by Law, then stuck his top half ontop of a horses legs and became a Centuar That'd be amazing.
    Haha, I'm waiting for Franky to see him and say, "You're a centaur, too?!?! Frrrranky (Pervert) Centaur!"

Ah, I just had a thought!

What if those kids are totally lying, and they're actually someone else in the kids' bodies?! Maybe the prisoners?

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Haha, I'm waiting for Franky to see him and say, "You're a centaur, too?!?! Frrrranky (Pervert) Centaur!"

Ah, I just had a thought!

What if those kids are totally lying, and they're actually someone else in the kids' bodies?! Maybe the prisoners?
    LOL I actually forgot about Franky's centuar mode haha, wasn't it backwards though? I wonder if he still has that...

And that's a really good point! If Law swapped the hearts of prisoners and put them in the bodies of children so they were harmless. But then I'm still confused as to why M and Law need these children in the first place? Let alone why they'd have children and adults and then swap their hearts...

I think I'll wait for Odacchi to clear this one up before I confuse myself, haha.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Brook is such a bad ass, at this rate i even think he has Haki http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/661/9 but it only comes out when hes angry but this is only my opinion :P

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL I actually forgot about Franky's centuar mode haha, wasn't it backwards though? I wonder if he still has that...

And that's a really good point! If Law swapped the hearts of prisoners and put them in the bodies of children so they were harmless. But then I'm still confused as to why M and Law need these children in the first place? Let alone why they'd have children and adults and then swap their hearts...

I think I'll wait for Odacchi to clear this one up before I confuse myself, haha.
    Yep, Franky's backwards centaur, hahaha!

I dunno, maybe the kids' hearts are in stasis or something? I can really see Law saying, "*Sigh,* I almost had the kids, poison, and everything else fixed. You guys really caused trouble You have to stay on the island until I cure everyone."

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Never saw anyone learning maths just from books, never saw anyone learning anything just from books only.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramanujan ... just saying that it is possible. There might be even more examples of other fields that didn't need a teacher. Fact it, that you can learn things a faster way if you are told how to do it but a downside is that some people just do what they are told and replicate the said things. On the other hand if you need to learn for yourself you're more inclined to learn the things thoroughly.
    That said I might add that there are things that are easy to learn by reading a book, things that are hard to learn and things that are near impossible to learn just by reading books but still there might exist some people who are able to.

To stay on topic I will go back to the actual story (here I stop refering to Zehahaha's post):
    While Luffy, Zoro and co. had exceptional teachers that is by far no reason to say that they are the strongest supernova or the strongest whatever. Maybe Law is a natural genius if it goes about haki add this indeed awesome DF et voilá. Maybe Luffy and co. were some of the few rookies at SA that didn't know haki too well. There are many reasons that should slow down arguments like "Law should not be able to put up a fight against Luffy" etc. because if that would be the case there would be no reason for the build up of the rivalry of Luffy, Law and Kidd (just to throw in another argument).

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen View Post
    I think it is rather interesting that Brownbeard calls the Supernovas the "Worst Generation".
    That could be hinting that all the Supernovas are doing well in the New World.
    I wonder how he managed to escape from Hawkins and if the centaurs are his old crew.
    I too am curious to see whats up with Brownbeard. The only two times we saw him prior to this was two years ago and back then we only saw his upper body in both of his appearances. Now the long haired guy next to him was present two years ago as well and he did have a normal human lower body. But still its interesting that Oda never showed us his lower body. Maybe he just didn't feel the need to draw it since he would change it anyways. lol

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

New Reply
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast