Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.65%
  • 2 (Average)

4 2.61%
  • 3 (Good)

27 17.65%
  • 4 (Great!)

70 45.75%
  • 5 (Epic)

51 33.33%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 661 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 661 Discussion / 662 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    first of all.

LOL @ guys still forcing that law is a good guy... :/
    Why does Law have to be "good" or "bad"? He obviously picks and chooses times to be cruel and times to be kind. I mean he could have easily had the SH's have their hearts switched with the children. In which case that would have been the end of them all. He does what he needs to do in order to accomplish things. Whether thats saving Luffy or sending the WG 100 hearts. Things don't have to be so black and white when evaluating characters.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Why does Law have to be "good" or "bad"? He obviously picks and chooses times to be cruel and times to be kind. I mean he could have easily had the SH's have their hearts switched with the children. In which case that would have been the end of them all. He does what he needs to do in order to accomplish things. Whether thats saving Luffy or sending the WG 100 hearts. Things don't have to be so black and white when evaluating characters.
    i think i should rephrase my comment...."LOL @ guys forcing law to be the good guy of this arc"...

read my latest post...i clearly said, i think the only "pure evil" characters in one piece are akainu, blackbeard and doflamingo...

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree with you more. I dislike how everyone forces characters to be good or bad. although this is a manga,where characters are usually good or bad,this doesn't mean that Law has to takes side.

that was for what concerned your content,about Law,I think he may be bad ,perhaps he is as BB,he simulated to be "good" (well,neutral) but he may be eager to conquer the world.anyway,this wouldn't make him a bad guy,though.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. I dislike how everyone forces characters to be good or bad. although this is a manga,where characters are usually good or bad,this doesn't mean that Law has to takes side.
    I think this is not about forcing a character to be bad or be good , this is just the opinion of certain people who want to believe Law as a bad guy or as a good guy . And from how things went along in this chapter you couldn't expect Law to be a saint . I personally think that even if in the end he'll help the SH's he will do that 'cause he has a plan that involves helping them and not necessarily 'cause he's a "good guy" . He just likes to calculate everything and move in the direction that is the most profitable atm

You could say that he's the type that is neither good nor bad but just likes to adjust to the current situation or something along those lines At least that's my opinion so far of him

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    i think i should rephrase my comment...."LOL @ guys forcing law to be the good guy of this arc"...

read my latest post...i clearly said, i think the only "pure evil" characters in one piece are akainu, blackbeard and doflamingo...
    I think Law is a "good guy" as much as Robin was a "good guy" in the Alabasta arc. Does that make more sense?

Of course, that's just my opinion, it's just the feeling I get. I mean, Smoker's a "good guy," but that won't stop him from attacking Luffy, right? Plus, Luffy and Jimbei owe Law their lives, so I'm curious to see how things progress now. And with Zoro's sense of honor, he would feel thankful toward Law for saving his captain. That's not to say they won't fight - and they very well may. But One Piece always has new villains and new challenges. I'd be very surprised if this arc is simply all old characters like Law, Smoker, and Magellan, without some new "big bad boss."

On a side note, I doubt Magellan is an admiral! The World Government tried to assassinate Moria for disgracing the Shichibukai. I don't think they'd promote the failed warden of Impel Down to Admiral. That's the feeling I get, anyway.

Anyway...

I wonder when we'll see the animal heads on human bodies?? Brownbeard's on an alligator, whose body is the alligator head on?

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So going back to Brownbeard having a "former pirate bounty". Being phrased like that it is obvious he is not a come and go as you will pirate, but he does still have a crew. I stated earlier that maybe he could be a Shichibukai since that's the only time we've ever seen a bounty phrased that way. However, given what he thinks of the worst generation I think it's safe to say he's probably lost a few matches, and those who haven't remained undefeated don't become Shichibukai. So next thought, him and his crew were part of the 100 pirates who got their hearts taken, so now he follows and listens to Law. I think what I'm trying to explain in this is not that Law and Brownbeard are in cahoots with one another, but rather Law is forcing Brownbeard into service. I'm sure the implications of that will become more apparent over time.

Also since everyone is still talking about if Law is good or evil and we honestly don't know. I think we should at least limit him to a shade of gray however until we see him either kill someone or we find out what happened to Bepo and company. Law does seem to have a really great DF ability to use to develop new things for the WG and the marines are ever so great at forging distress calls, so he could be forced into their service.

Okay final theory, and craziest one yet. The Goresi are getting Law to make super human bodies for them using parts from different pirates and antibodies from the sick kids. Now only if Bonnie was on the island that would really stir things up. Anyway, that theory is a big ass stretch lol

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

You make an important point there. Life is not a matter of being good or bad, and I would like One Piece plot would resemble life in that way. (As warhol said: everyone has 15 min of fame!... and you can add: everyone has 15 minutes of being a perfect villane.) At the moment all that matters is that Law, Luffy, Smoker and centaurs purposes conflict each other.

I also agree about Robin hot dress, but... haven't she took off that dress? When did she put on it?

I wouldnt like to think that Zoro doesnt have observation Haky, but, in fact, it seems that he didnt sense sharks presence. And, if Tashigi has no haki level to resist Law, then neither Sanji, Frankie, Nami nor Chopper do. Bad news for fans like me that wanted Luffy crew to be at a higher level than that.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 22, 2012 at 02:21 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    The World Government tried to assassinate Moria for disgracing the Shichibukai.
    We don't even know if it was the World Government. We only know that Doflamingo got his task from "higher ups", wich could also mean the Tenryubito.

With the whole heart change thing... anyone else thinking that Bepo is a human heart inside a bear body?

----

As for next weak, i could see Law forcing Smoker to surrender. Because without Law, Smoker probably can't return his crew and ship back to normal. I can't see any of them loosing in a real fight.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    We don't even know if it was the World Government. We only know that Doflamingo got his task from "higher ups", wich could also mean the Tenryubito.

With the whole heart change thing... anyone else thinking that Bepo is a human heart inside a bear body?

----

As for next weak, i could see Law forcing Smoker to surrender. Because without Law, Smoker probably can't return his crew and ship back to normal. I can't see any of them loosing in a real fight.
    why would law force smoker to surrender? law is the one who attacked them and who clearly stated that he won't let them go away. it means that the only ways to prevent that are: 1)Law's defeat ; 2)smoker and the others' escape,perhaps on the Sunny or with Boss's ship

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    why would law force smoker to surrender? law is the one who attacked them and who clearly stated that he won't let them go away. it means that the only ways to prevent that are: 1)Law's defeat ; 2)smoker and the others' escape,perhaps on the Sunny or with Boss's ship
    Because right now his whole crew has been cut to pieces. Most likely only Law can return them back to normal. After laying down his weapons, Smoker and his crew might get imprisoned by Law.

Anyways, I can't see Smoker running away and I can't see him or Law getting defeated.

---

Other scenario could be that Laws crew or some of M's men arrive and Smoker gets caught off-guard.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Since Magellan was defeated by Shiryu I honestly doubt He's worthy of being an admiral. But I don't think He's weak.
    magellan defeated shiryu . He was defeated for another reason: a lot of prisoners from the 6th level attacked him,and probably BB and his men did the same. he is surely worthy of being an admiral,since he owned rufy,ivankov,inazuma,Bleackbeard and his crew ecc. even jinbe and crocodile feared him. magella stomped them as did akainu in the war. if such a man could troll against shichibukai level,he is surely worthy.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

As I understood it, he was beaten down through combined effort of BB crew. Maybe some other passing prisoners threw stones at him or something, but that's not important.

What I really think is that Shiryuu led them to some sea stone and they used it to nullify Magellan's powers then beat the shit out of him. (Pure guessing of course, because, who would want to fuck with that poison all over again.)

Even though he was defeated, nobody can deny the effectiveness of his devil fruit. So, if he's still alive, and he's not ID Warden, there's a good chance he's in marines now.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll be weird to see Magellan as an admiral not because of his lack of abilities/strength but his overall appearance XD. I liked the themed colours and names that the original three admirals had before the time skip. Obviously now there'll be at the very least two new admirals being revealed at a later date. I personally would prefer those two new admirals to be new characters or ex-vice admirals that weren't shown too much during the Paradise arcs.

I have a hunch that Magellan is a VA now. =P

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    It'll be weird to see Magellan as an admiral not because of his lack of abilities/strength but his overall appearance XD. I liked the themed colours and names that the original three admirals had before the time skip. Obviously now there'll be at the very least two new admirals being revealed at a later date. I personally would prefer those two new admirals to be new characters or ex-vice admirals that weren't shown too much during the Paradise arcs.

I have a hunch that Magellan is a VA now. =P
    If a new Admirals are to be shown then I wish one of them to be a non Devil Fruit user because I want to see some one like Garp, and Sahnks who uses Haki to fight rather than using their Devil fruit abilites, I got nothing against DF user it just I wish Oda changes things so even normal people have a chance.

As for Law fighting, we still have to see his crew, and surely they must have gotten much stronger. I still think that Law is a good guy, I am hoping that Luffy will arrive and we will get to see Law and Luffy fight with each other a bit. And luffy would punch smoker for a change.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    I think you are underestimating Zoro . He was trained by Mihawk and if not even now he can't handle a difficult opponent then it would be the same old story of Luffy taking all the nasty enemies while the rest of the crew will take the leftovers thing that i don't like at all . I think it's time to see the real value of having nakamas who can be relied upon . And Zoro is the strongest after Luffy so it would be disappointing if he can't at least stand up to Law.

And he has to have haki , i don't even wanna think him and Sanji are foreign to haki
    I didn't say Zoro was weak, I have to admit he's a bit on par with Luffy when it comes to combat fighting and stamina. I just can't see how he could be an effective opponent to Law if one on one. If he has CoA, in any chance, then he could be off the effects of Room but still he has to exchange slashes with Law. And unless Law's swordsmanship is awful, Zoro'll be having a hard time keeping his haki on at all times. Actually, it could be a good handicap, makes things more interesting, but I still don't think Zoro could handle Law alone, given that just one wrong move, he could easily get pwned by him.

And sorry for the late response, I just woke up.

New Reply
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast