Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.65%
  • 2 (Average)

4 2.61%
  • 3 (Good)

27 17.65%
  • 4 (Great!)

70 45.75%
  • 5 (Epic)

51 33.33%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 661 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 661 Discussion / 662 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    well yeah, its called operation-operation fruit so it kinda makes no sense if law can just switch personalities but cannot take anyone's heart out....yes? no? i thought operation, surgeon of death, heart pirates and operating room that is all connected to law...and him sending beating hearts to WG is the power of operation operation fruit.
    *sigh* I only draw some parallels to Hancock's power which due to Mero Mero Mellow also partially relies on the opponent's personality while other attacks like Slave Arrow and Perfume Femur are affecting even dead objects like swords and cannon balls.

It's only called Ope Ope no Mi for having a catchy name. Most devil fruits are named that way. Yeah, Schabrak and me said it could be linked to "operation" sind the katakana script "O-PE" is a japanese translation for the german word "Operation". But you cannot reduce the fruit's power to its name only. Oda is simply playing with the "Change of Hearts" idiom, IMHO to show: If he is at least said to use his power physically, he could use it in a metaphysical way.

For example: Kuma has the abilities of the Nikyu Nikyu no Mi. Nikyu means paw - who would think that Kuma can create huge explosions, push persons away while being able to extract a person's fatigue and pain. If that ain't broken, then Law's ain't, either.

maybe they are near punk hazard...i thought you said they got an eternal pose....im pretty sure the new log pose of nami cant detect the island's magnetic signals...

or maybe smoker knew punk hazard because it was infamous for 2 incidents that only the high ranking officials of marines like him, know about.
    It was never said that Punk Hazard lost it's magnetic field - that was only a theory. Smoker and Neptune/Sadaijin only pointed out that there are THREE targets from Fishmen Island: Raijin, Risky Red and Mystoria. It could easily happen that someone could get from another, yet unknown island to Punk Hazard.

The only ways to navigate on the Grandline is either by Logpose or Eternalpose or a Vivre Card. Nothing has changed besides that a Logpose can lose the course to the target for yet unknown reasons which is why you better have a Triple Logpose.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    *sigh* I only draw some parallels to Hancock's power which due to Mero Mero Mellow also partially relies on the opponent's personality while other attacks like Slave Arrow and Perfume Femur are affecting even dead objects like swords and cannon balls.

It's only called Ope Ope no Mi for having a catchy name. Most devil fruits are named that way. Yeah, Schabrak and me said it could be linked to "operation" sind the katakana script "O-PE" is a japanese translation for the german word "Operation". But you cannot reduce the fruit's power to its name only. Oda is simply playing with the "Change of Hearts" idiom, IMHO to show: If he is at least said to use his power physically, he could use it in a metaphysical way.

For example: Kuma has the abilities of the Nikyu Nikyu no Mi. Nikyu means paw - who would think that Kuma can create huge explosions, push persons away while being able to extract a person's fatigue and pain. If that ain't broken, then Law's ain't, either.

It was never said that Punk Hazard lost it's magnetic field - that was only a theory. Smoker and Neptune/Sadaijin only pointed out that there are THREE targets from Fishmen Island: Raijin, Risky Red and Mystoria. It could easily happen that someone could get from another, yet unknown island to Punk Hazard.

The only ways to navigate on the Grandline is either by Logpose or Eternalpose or a Vivre Card. Nothing has changed besides that a Logpose can lose the course to the target for yet unknown reasons which is why you better have a Triple Logpose.

youre not the one i quoted bro....im just saying, how could he (the guy i quoted) say that law harvesting hearts out and using them as a blackmail wont be a good theory and wont make sense when law can splice guys without killing them and his power is connected to operation?

i agree with your take the he can also interchange personalities....*sigh*, i never said you were wrong...

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

youre not the one i quoted bro....im just saying, how could he (the guy i quoted) say that law harvesting hearts out and using them as a blackmail wont be a good theory and wont make sense when law can splice guys without killing them and his power is connected to operation?
    Well, he quoted me and agreed with me on the part to differ between the personal shift and the extraction of organs. Just because we saw a heart shaped something coming out of their chest, it doesn't mean that he actually switched the organs.

There's nothing in scav's post denying that Law could remove organs. We both only are thinking that Law didn't harm Luffy's body in that way.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he quoted me and agreed with me on the part to differ between the personal shift and the extraction of organs. Just because we saw a heart shaped something coming out of their chest, it doesn't mean that he actually switched the organs.

There's nothing in scav's post denying that Law could remove organs. We both only are thinking that Law didn't harm Luffy's body in that way.
    well i guess its just a misunderstanding...i also agree that law just switched their personalities.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RedBerserk's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he exchanged their bodies and not only their personalities, look at this page
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/661/14 "Nami" is saying: did i drop my cigarette?
    Why would "she" say that if it was just a personality swap?

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedBerserk View Post
    I think he exchanged their bodies and not only their personalities, look at this page
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/661/14 "Nami" is saying: did i drop my cigarette?
    Why would "she" say that if it was just a personality swap?
    Because Sanji is now in Nami's body.

No really. Call it "personality swap" or "soul scramble", it's stil the same, isn't it? Or is there a false friend out there for "Charaktertausch"? "character swap" was ambigous to me.

P.S.: Dangerous avatar you have there.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder about the limits of Law's power. If he can transfer people's souls into different bodies, can he also pull off anything Kuma could inside his Room? Like remove someone's pain? Or even someone's memory?

So hax, man.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RedBerserk's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Sanji is now in Nami's body.

No really. Call it "personality swap" or "soul scramble", it's stil the same, isn't it? Or is there a false friend out there for "Charaktertausch"? "character swap" was ambigous to me.

P.S.: Dangerous avatar you have there.
    Well it's not the same, if Law exchanged their personalities they will just act in a different way (Franky behaving like Nami for exemple), but if he switched their soul or whatever they are in other people's bodies and that is: Sanji is in Nami's body, Chopper in Sanji's body etc. it's a huge difference right?
    ahahah I love that pic

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedBerserk View Post
    Well it's not the same, if Law exchanged their personalities they will just act in a different way (Franky behaving like Nami for exemple), but if he switched their soul or whatever they are in other people's bodies and that is: Sanji is in Nami's body, Chopper in Sanji's body etc. it's a huge difference right?
    ahahah I love that pic
    Way to nitpick man. True, "personas" would be more accurate than "personalities", but still.

Wonder what would happen if he switched Luffy and Smoker.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    finally someone who make sense
    i was tired with all this "law took luffy's heart". As if luffy could have lived 2 years without a heart beating in his body and not knowing about it. Beside As you said, it's not like he physically moved the heart (organs) .What moved is more like their personality, or it's some kind of bodies swap
    Well it all started out from Law's mysterious action 2 years ago, which is saving Luffy. Law is known as a cruel pirate and it's really weird for him to save an enemy without any logical reason. But after a hard time thinking, I realized that it's really impossible for Law's power to take out someone else heart. From what we've seen so far, his ability can only use tact (make any object float inside his room), scan (scan a certain object inside his room) and shambles (cut, switch and modify everything in his room). Law's power is limited only in swapping parts and he can't take out organs but instead he can swap their personalities. So Law didn't take Luffy's heart or else his personality should had changed 2 years ago. The hundred pirate hearts which he sent to the government are hearts of dead persons meaning he really killed them for the position and it ain't beating or anything davy jones material. I can only think of one reason why he save Luffy in the war, and that is because of the will of D. He's somehow have knowledge about D's, (which is a secret kept by the government and only very few persons know about them: Dr. Kureha, Nico Robin, Gan Fall, Gorousei, Silvers Rayleigh, Whitebeard, etc.) has interest about them and maybe even possibly have a connection with them. So I'm rooting for Law to become an ally for the straw hats instead of an enemy.

RED HAWK!

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VegetarianWolf View Post
    Well it all started out from Law's mysterious action 2 years ago, which is saving Luffy. Law is known as a cruel pirate and it's really weird for him to save an enemy without any logical reason. But after a hard time thinking, I realized that it's really impossible for Law's power to take out someone else heart. From what we've seen so far, his ability can only use tact (make any object float inside his room), scan (scan a certain object inside his room) and shambles (cut, switch and modify everything in his room). Law's power is limited only in swapping parts and he can't take out organs but instead he can swap their personalities. So Law didn't take Luffy's heart or else his personality should had changed 2 years ago. The hundred pirate hearts which he sent to the government are hearts of dead persons meaning he really killed them for the position and it ain't beating or anything davy jones material. I can only think of one reason why he save Luffy in the war, and that is because of the will of D. He's somehow have knowledge about D's, (which is a secret kept by the government and only very few persons know about them: Dr. Kureha, Nico Robin, Gan Fall, Gorousei, Silvers Rayleigh, Whitebeard, etc.) has interest about them and maybe even possibly have a connection with them. So I'm rooting for Law to become an ally for the straw hats instead of an enemy.
    what would WG do with dead, non-beating pirate hearts by the way???...if law got some knowledge on will of the D, he will be persecuted by WG not put on pedestal as a shichibukai....if you will tell me he will use his knowledge on will of the D to sell luffy to WG....then the sense of him saving luffy because he likes to be luffy's ally contradicts your theory...i cant buy it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

what would WG do with dead, non-beating pirate hearts by the way???
    nothing jeez.. -.- it's just some kind of a medal to prove that he's strong enough and ready to fight for the government just like how Blackbeard captured Ace alive. Killing hundred pirates is not an easy feat.

...if law got some knowledge on will of the D, he will be persecuted by WG not put on pedestal as a shichibukai....if you will tell me he will use his knowledge on will of the D to sell luffy to WG....then the sense of him saving luffy because he likes to be luffy's ally contradicts your theory...i cant buy it.
    I'm sure he knows something about the will of D and he's keeping it a secret from the world government and I'm saying that he has interest with Ds not selling anything OMG where did you get that from? The world government has enough knowledge about the will of D and they don't need anymore comments from Law. Furthermore, these are not theories but facts. Learn to read and understand Mr. Beck.

RED HAWK!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I wonder about the limits of Law's power. If he can transfer people's souls into different bodies, can he also pull off anything Kuma could inside his Room? Like remove someone's pain? Or even someone's memory?

So hax, man.
    Even if it is not their real hearts which were switched, I think there needs to be a relation between what is switched and an organ for Law fruit to works. So maybe Luffy could be made clever if his "brain" was switched but I doubt something like pain would work since it is not really related to an organ, even metaphorically. But limits are only set by Oda :-)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

There's limits for any power in OP, didn't we thought at first that Logia were invincible ?
    So it is not different for Law's powers too, if Law will fight seriously in this arc, we will see the limit of his powers for sure.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ruffy's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    There's limits for any power in OP, didn't we thought at first that Logia were invincible ?
    So it is not different for Law's powers too, if Law will fight seriously in this arc, we will see the limit of his powers for sure.
    Yeah. I Think so too dude....

I CANT WAIT FOR MEETING ----> LAW, Luffy, Smoker !!!!! That would be legen... lengen .... legendary

New Reply
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast