Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.65%
  • 2 (Average)

4 2.61%
  • 3 (Good)

27 17.65%
  • 4 (Great!)

70 45.75%
  • 5 (Epic)

51 33.33%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 661 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 661 Discussion / 662 Prediction

It looks like law switched their minds.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    It's not said but how else do you explain he arrived in a so short time ?
    well,I don't deny that there may be an eternal pose,just that I don't remember him using that. Also,the reason why nami's log pose didn't notice that island should be due to the fact I explained before that is Akainu's magma may have overcome the Curie Point,so there's no magnetism because of the high temperature. it's true that in the NW,as in the grand line,you can't be sure of the course you are following,yet the SH could see the volcanos ecc. so smoker should have seen them as well.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the only clue we have so far is that Robin said it was strange the island did not react to the log pose. The explanation will probably be explain later otherwise Oda would not have mentioned that. Maybe then he will reveal how Smoker came.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VegetarianWolf View Post
    nothing jeez.. -.- it's just some kind of a medal to prove that he's strong enough and ready to fight for the government just like how Blackbeard captured Ace alive. Killing hundred pirates is not an easy feat.
    good sir...giving a live pirate to be executed is a medal...like blackbeard done to ace...giving non-beating, dead pirate hearts as you said would do nothing...im not saying law is weak....but how many of those 100 pirates are not fodders???...he didnt even show WG the dead bodies of pirate to claim that those hearts are from pirates or even yet, big time pirate for him to be granted a shichibukai position.

Quote Originally Posted by VegetarianWolf View Post
    I'm sure he knows something about the will of D and he's keeping it a secret from the world government and I'm saying that he has interest with Ds not selling anything OMG where did you get that from? The world government has enough knowledge about the will of D and they don't need anymore comments from Law. Furthermore, these are not theories but facts. Learn to read and understand Mr. Beck.
    you are sure that the WG got enough info on will of the D??? they why they cant reach raftel themselves???...isnt it the reason they are afraid of D's are becoz they dont know what kind of persons are these guys??

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaoneLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Nami is going to want to get her body back, the things Sanji is going to do to her body before they switch back is going to be awesome, when they switch back she is going to feel VERY dirty. LMAO!!!

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I wonder about the limits of Law's power. If he can transfer people's souls into different bodies, can he also pull off anything Kuma could inside his Room? Like remove someone's pain? Or even someone's memory?
    I don't think Law can extract from people things like Kuma did. To me, Law's devil fruit allows him to manipulate/operate inside his room any physical body and cut it/rearrange it/ mix it with any other physical thing. So cutting and removing something which is unphysical - such as pain - doesn't make sense to me - unless it is located in some physical body such as brain for example.

Anyway, if pain was to be "cut out" with the brain, it would still be linked to its owner - who would still feel it - as long as the brain itself would keep the connection with the owner. So it wouldn't work the same way it works with Kuma's powers. Kuma only removes things (physical or not) and once it's done there isn't any connection left whereas Law's powers keep the connection with the owner : the samurai's body parts were still connected to each other even though it was not physically - that's why the head never died from suffocation.

I guess Law was able to "exchange people" because "mind control" for some reason has a localisation which is the heart, a physical body, and because for some reason the heart is like the device control. This is a mere consequence of Law's doing but not Law's power itself which was only to exchange people's heart. There may be some way to cut the connection itself but we don't really know for now. I think the heart control is a special case.

I mean I'm not sure if Law were to exchange Straw Hats' arms, they would lose their arm connection/control. That could explain the centaurs, exchanging human lower parts with animal lower parts and getting controlled over their new bodies. Thus control exchange would need some kind of equilibrium/equivalent to work. That'd be why it had not worked at Sabaody or with the dragon and samurai. Anyway, I don't think it's very plausible.

In any case, I'm still looking forward to getting the centaurs explanation and a clarification of Law's devil fruit powers which are I have to say a bit confusing.

9. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Well the only clue we have so far is that Robin said it was strange the island did not react to the log pose. The explanation will probably be explain later otherwise Oda would not have mentioned that. Maybe then he will reveal how Smoker came.
    I think that the whitestrom didn't send the Strawhats ahead, but instead a little bit off course, they may still have to go to one of the three islands mentioned by Smoker. I'm hoping this is the case because it would be nice to see the Strawhats proceeding relatively unscathed through one of the islands that gave one of the other super nova crews so much trouble 2 years ago, maybe they will even run into the remants of one of their crews.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

@Lord Rayleigh,I hope that too! in the next chapter I want more than everything else to have explanations concerning Brownbeard/boss and his men/centaurs. I'd like to see what happened to Hawkins,in fact we have news of 2 out of the other 9 supernovas till now. that is Kidd,who damaged 2 ships of BM,and Law. seeing hawkins again would be cool,although in a flashback and though we may receive just infos (such as Boss telling them:" there's that pirate who is now escaping from BB,who killed me" ecc.)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Law operated on Luffy and did something to link himself with Luffy.

Like know about Luffy's location, his strength training etc... Even probably copy luffys non-df abilities like Haki... or atlreast monitor them.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    What if Law operated on Luffy and did something to link himself with Luffy.

Like know about Luffy's location, his strength training etc... Even probably copy luffys non-df abilities like Haki... or atlreast monitor them.
    you could be right...i just cant accept that law saved luffy just cause...im pretty certain he got a fishy reason behind it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure Law meant what he said about saving Luffy. He saw first hand what the guy did at the auction house then later, he saw how he jumped straight into battle against entire marine might. It's just what Mihawk said about Luffy's ability to attract allies from all around.

Personally, I'd consider and Law's tampering with Luffy's body a bad plot device. It would belittle a respect we have seen some Supernovas giving to each other.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    I don't think Law can extract from people things like Kuma did. To me, Law's devil fruit allows him to manipulate/operate inside his room any physical body and cut it/rearrange it/ mix it with any other physical thing. So cutting and removing something which is unphysical - such as pain - doesn't make sense to me - unless it is located in some physical body such as brain for example.

Anyway, if pain was to be "cut out" with the brain, it would still be linked to its owner - who would still feel it - as long as the brain itself would keep the connection with the owner. So it wouldn't work the same way it works with Kuma's powers. Kuma only removes things (physical or not) and once it's done there isn't any connection left whereas Law's powers keep the connection with the owner : the samurai's body parts were still connected to each other even though it was not physically - that's why the head never died from suffocation.

I guess Law was able to "exchange people" because "mind control" for some reason has a localisation which is the heart, a physical body, and because for some reason the heart is like the device control. This is a mere consequence of Law's doing but not Law's power itself which was only to exchange people's heart. There may be some way to cut the connection itself but we don't really know for now. I think the heart control is a special case.

I mean I'm not sure if Law were to exchange Straw Hats' arms, they would lose their arm connection/control. That could explain the centaurs, exchanging human lower parts with animal lower parts and getting controlled over their new bodies. Thus control exchange would need some kind of equilibrium/equivalent to work. That'd be why it had not worked at Sabaody or with the dragon and samurai. Anyway, I don't think it's very plausible.

In any case, I'm still looking forward to getting the centaurs explanation and a clarification of Law's devil fruit powers which are I have to say a bit confusing.

As someone described it somewhere in the first pages of this thread, it is just "Oda logic" that switching hearts equals switching souls. Hence switching brains would mean the person would loose control over his body. In short: heart=soul, brain=body.
    Feelings and states like pain and fatigue are abstract things which Law can't control. Especially Smoker's description of Law's ability supports this explanation.
    In this context Kuma's ability is nonsense anyway and there are much more interesting questions unanswered, e.g., about haki, so I wouldn't analyze this one too much.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AluminumTough's Avatar
    Country
    Sikkim
    Post Thanks / Like

There was also the idea that Law somehow was friends with Shanks, and therefore, he helped Luffy because of his connection to Shanks. I, however, don't see why it is such a big deal that he helped him but I am at odds about why Rayleigh was so against Law being around Luffy.

I also am confused as why people don't understand Law's power as it seems pretty straight forward. The room is the "operating room" as to which he operates on subjects within it-this does not mean once they leave the room the power just quits working-rather it means he can no-longer operate on them after leaving the room. As Lord Rayleigh said, to paraphrase, "operation of the physical." As to why their personalities changed, in the one piece world it seems the "heart" controls their life force/personality. It was also most likely used as a plot device so that Law didn't have to attack the SH directly, as it seems to me Law has special bond to with SH and does not want to outright go to war or kill them. Rather, he mearly wanted to stop them from leaving, if he wanted them dead he would have cut them up like the Marines. Instead he changed their personalities to slow them down and to keep them out of his hair for the present time.

As to what Laws motives are, I am yet unclear, bringing subjects that he has turned into weird centaurs, the children, and "M" makes this very weird. However, since Law is a doctor and the Children claimed they were brought their because they were sick...Maybe Law is doing Bio-chemical experiments with "M" to create a new poison by isolating a germ out of the children. Or maybe these guys are simply trying to help the children or do experiments on them. Whatever the case Law does not want the Marines to know anything.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member enraI's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Law can fuse two devil fruit user together? Will they have two ability? O_O
    Memories are pearls, friendships are diamonds

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    you are sure that the WG got enough info on will of the D??? they why they cant reach raftel themselves???...isnt it the reason they are afraid of D's are becoz they dont know what kind of persons are these guys??
    No sir, D's are the guys that have something to do in the great war against the world government that happened in the void century. The world government tried to erase their existence (Gol D. Roger --> Gold Roger), for that reason we don't know. Will of D doesn't get you to raftel, I think you misunderstand something here. The world government know about D's and the reason why they are afraid of it is because they are fearing the day that may come that a D (Luffy) uncover the whole truth about the void century and start the great war of the one piece world.

Anyways, back to the chapter.. There's still two mysteries in my mind. Who and what is M and who is that harpy girl? To whom is she allied with? I hope those wings ain't devil fruit cause it would be cooler.
    Last edited by VegetarianWolf; March 27, 2012 at 08:06 PM.

RED HAWK!

New Reply
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast