Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.65%
  • 2 (Average)

4 2.61%
  • 3 (Good)

27 17.65%
  • 4 (Great!)

70 45.75%
  • 5 (Epic)

51 33.33%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 661 Discussion

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 661 Discussion / 662 Prediction

I don't think Tashigi's swords is broken, well at least not in the classical definition. I think it was cut the same way Tashigi was cut, with Law's devil fruit powers. Indeed, I understood as Rodynaturo said that Tashigi was opposing her sword to Law's but was still cut for the reason that she had not a strong enough Haki as Smoker said.

This last page means two things :
    1. Tashigi's sword can potentially get fixed, reassembled - I think we never saw objects reassembling but based on the samurai's head, it may be possible for the sword.
    2. Law can only get beaten by (strong) Haki users.
    Law's powers are that strong that you can't fight him unless your Haki is strong enough to protect yourself from his cutting ability which is overpowered : you can't block it with classical attacks - at least Tashigi couldn't and Smoker said a certain amount of Haki was necessary - and it hasn't got any range problem within the Room - see the Straw Hats loosing their hearts. That means that for now there has only two people who are confirmed to have a chance to stand against Law : Smoker and Luffy. I hope Zoro and Sanji have Haki but even if they have it doesn't mean that they can protect themselves from Law's powers. Tashigi is there to prove it.

Also "Boss" presence means that the centaurs are not natural but modified humans. Brownbeard and some of his pirates from Hawkins meeting are recognizable. We can conclude it is Law's surgery though we still don't know how the centaurs got control over these alien bodies : are their natural owners dead ? Is it through time ? By the way, it's the definitive proof that Law is not just travelling to this island but dealing and managing the whole thing.

I don't know how the story is going to go on but I guess Smoker and Law's fight has to come to an end soon so that the story can continue with them as opponents for the Straw Hats. As for now, the only potential opponent except them is M. We may have Law following Sanji because Luffy and the others reached Smoker's position. That way, Smoker would let Law run after Sanji's group prefering to deal with Luffy.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Also "Boss" presence means that the centaurs are not natural but modified humans. Brownbeard and some of his pirates from Hawkins meeting are recognizable. We can conclude it is Law's surgery though we still don't know how the centaurs got control over these alien bodies : are their natural owners dead ? Is it through time ? By the way, it's the definitive proof that Law is not just travelling to this island but dealing and managing the whole thing.
    Here a small conjecture about it: we have centaurs, and sheep masked men. Former ones are agains Law and M, but later ones are loyal to them. Now on those combinations one part is animal and the other one is human, and when that happens the resultant being has just one will: the human part will. That is not the case when both parts are human parts. See what happens with those samurai's legs and luffy: here Luffy comands the mixed being, but here (uper left box) Samurai does. So, neither Luffy nor Samurai's legs comand the resultant being all the time. My conclusion: to comand an animal body part you just have to be a human, and your Will will do the job. Humans can naturally control animal body parts.

Now, notice that luffy and samurai's legs just appear stucked each other, and notice that luffy doesnt need any special glue or surgery to be stucked to samurai's legs or to remove them safely from dragon's head. So, it is not necesary any intervention of a Doctor (Law or M) to get joined to another alien part. Your human can naturally glues you to an animal body part,... if you want to !

Cutting is done by Law, but stucking is not. Stucking is more some kind of effect of his cutting original operation.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 24, 2012 at 09:25 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    As I understood it, he was beaten down through combined effort of BB crew. Maybe some other passing prisoners threw stones at him or something, but that's not important.

What I really think is that Shiryuu led them to some sea stone and they used it to nullify Magellan's powers then beat the shit out of him. (Pure guessing of course, because, who would want to fuck with that poison all over again.)

Even though he was defeated, nobody can deny the effectiveness of his devil fruit. So, if he's still alive, and he's not ID Warden, there's a good chance he's in marines now.
    ahah I'm sorry but to think magellan got defeated because prisoners had thrown stones to him . according to what the marine told sengoku in volume 59,magellan was attacked by a lot of prisoners,that's why he couldn't do anything but be defeated.
    anyway,he may be an admiral to repare his mistakes,that is running after those prisoners,although he may be doing that without being a marine.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    ahah I'm sorry but to think magellan got defeated because prisoners had thrown stones to him .
    You must think I'm retarded or something don't you?

What I wrote was more of a joke than anything else. What I meant was that some of the prisoners escaping could have passed by an already defeated Magellan and added to damage out of revenge. Throwing stones, cursing his mother, whatever you like. You shouldn't be so literal when reading people's posts.

About Law, just because Smoker mentions Haki, it doesn't mean it's the only way to beat him. I imagine someone fast enough could beat the shit out of Law in his own room. I really doubt he could pull out Luffy's heart while he's in full speed, or that he can do his tricks and avoid attacks at the same time.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    You must think I'm retarded or something don't you?

What I wrote was more of a joke than anything else. What I meant was that some of the prisoners escaping could have passed by an already defeated Magellan and added to damage out of revenge. Throwing stones, cursing his mother, whatever you like. You shouldn't be so literal when reading people's posts.

About Law, just because Smoker mentions Haki, it doesn't mean it's the only way to beat him. I imagine someone fast enough could beat the shit out of Law in his own room. I really doubt he could pull out Luffy's heart while he's in full speed, or that he can do his tricks and avoid attacks at the same time.
    actually,noone ever says that haki is the only way to defeat law. at least,not in the manga. Haki nullifies every DF,rogia included,that's the reason why haki can prevent law's room.
    about magellan,it would be better if BB made those prisoners attack magellan instead of defeating him by himself,which I doubt. BB and his men were owned,and shiryu confirmed that,stating that they couldn't defeat magellan. but they with some of the worst criminals could.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i think luffy will be cut by law but luffy will still find a way to beat law....or could it be brook holds the weakness of law??? (soul power, his body can reattach to his will)

luffy also got many weapons against law as law got his ope ope fruit against luffy.

* observation haki to dodge law's slices...*armament to shield against law's attacks...*gear 2nd to move quickly to avoid room etc...and luffy fights long range most of the time so i think that could work to his advantage or not.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

-give the government 100 pirate hearts
    -swap the hearts of people
    now i understand why he's the captain of the "Heart" pirates.

for those who think that Law's fruit ability is overpowered then what about Doflamingo and Kuma? (let alone the admirals) i expect nothing less from a shichibikai. i don't think he's overpowered, i just think he has mastered his ability to a great degree and more importantly, most of his opponents don't really understand his ability. it'll take someone like smoker or luffy to find a weakness to exploit. (be it using haki or something else)

remember how overpowered Enel seemed to be? not only with his DF but with his mantra as well. but once he met the luffy none of that mattered.

predictions:
    -it seems to me that either Law will be defeated in this arc or, he will lose his Shichibukai title. (maybe both)
    he picked a fight with the strawhats and the G5 marines, neither luffy nor smoker will let that just slide. unless some other common enemy appears. but that won't change the fact that smoker will report law to the world government if he survives and escapes. so law is in bit of a predicament here.
    he must have something really important going on in punk hazard to risk losing his title like that.

-Brownbeard has had his ass handed to him by a few SN (maybe all of them?) we can probably add luffy and zoro's names to that list next chapter.
    i am interested, like some other people pointed out, why he is stated to have a "former pirate bounty"? is he a shichibukai too? or just working for the government? i wonder if it has anything to do with the hearts given to the government... (one of the pirates without a heart)

-i don't think that the harpy is part of the Brownbeard crew, but i'm not sure whose orders she's following though?

-Magellan being a new admiral was something i predicted a long time ago and i stand by it. it's nice to see that at least he isn't a warden anymore.
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    I hope Zoro and Sanji have Haki but even if they have it doesn't mean that they can protect themselves from Law's powers. Tashigi is there to prove it.
    I think we shouldn't compare Zoro and Sanji with Tashigi . I mean i personally think she's no match to either of them . And i believe Zoro and Sanji have haki . It would be strange otherwise 'cause seeing how everything revolves around this haki thing i bet Oda gave them at least 1 type of haki .
    And i'm thinking Zoro knows COA and is strong when using it , meaning he's not just a novice but a good user of haki ( not perfect but definitely good )

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Togu Alaxus's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It´s not that I dislike it but how the heck is it possible for every single person to know about haki?
    I mean before the break only a handfull seemed to know about it and now it seems every marine and pirate know it or can use it?
    I thought it was sth. special and now more than a few can use it active.

But that´s only my thoughts and nothing more.

But... Great chapter.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

All strong people know haki and in new world they are a lot of them.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW I was thinking that maybe Law is cutting the people but He's not the one behind the new joint. That's probably M's doing.

Which makes me wonder why He cutted in that many slices the Samurai. I mean...what was the reason behind it if it was enough with the head? So I can only deduce that the ones who were experimented with ARE SUITABLE to do so, and this Samurai isn't therefore Law is just playing with him.

And probably the goat-humans are M's experiments since they all share the same characteristic, while the centaurs are different in shape and species.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

About Magellan - it's clear he's one of the strongest guys there is. But he got beaten because M. Bison (Shiryuu, haha) had the antidote to his poison, and gave it Blackbeard's crew. Luffy has the antibodies now too, so I think he could fight him now. So I don't think anyone's saying he isn't really strong, just that we're not convinced the WG would make him an Admiral, that's all.

Now about Haki - it's clear that many characters have been developing it over the series, for example Luffy sensing that he'd be cut by Mihawk, and dodging, Zoro using willpower to cut steel, and so on. But like Rayleigh said - it can take a long time for people to develop their skills with it! It's not a "have it don't have it" thing. There's a huge range of strength. For example, Tashigi isn't good enough with it to defend against a powerful opponent like Law. But someone like Zoro, being a supernova like Law, might be able to. Powerful Haki users like Shanks, Garp, or Sentomaru can probably defend against Law's attacks almost completely.

... Off topic maybe, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents or so.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

just thought i'd share....

(grandline) - first major opponent after fighting fishmen (arlong) is a shichibukai (crocodile)
    (new world) - first major opponent after fighting fishmen (hody jones) is a shichibukai (law)

(grandline) - the mission or boss was discovered using denden mushi (little garden)
    (new world) - the mission or boss was discovered using denden mushi (distress call)

(grandline) - the strawhats is trying to help a person (vivi) from a certain island (alabasta) that got involved with this organization (baroque works) and partnership (nico robin)
    (new world) - the strawhats is trying to help a person (samurai) from a certain island (wano kuni) that got involved with this organization (punk hazard lab/monsters) and partnership (M)

***both these guys (vivi) (samurai) are thought to be the bad guys at the start.

(grandline) - the strawhats are split into 2 groups upon entering the base (rain base) of that main antagonist (luffy,ussop, zoro,vivi,nami, smoker) (sanji, chopper) and one person from the strawhats comes from the blindside to save the day (mr. prince / sanji)
    (new world) - the strawhats are split into 2 groups upon entering the base (punk hazard) of that main antagonist (luffy,ussop, zoro,robin) (sanji, chopper, nami, franky, smoker) and one person from the strawhats comes from the blindside to save the day (brook)

(grandline) - smoker trailing the strawhats on an island with weird climate (climate caused by devils fruit)
    (new world) - smoker trailing the strawhats on an island with weird climate (climate caused by deils fruit)

**** if i may add, smoker also used the black den den mushi on both occasions and used his instincts to know where luffy would head to.
    **** also, smoker caught guys that is some way involved with luffy. (mr. 11 from baroque works) (guys that came from fishman island)
    **** the shichibukai is running some fishy business on that certain island ---he can only conduct that plan strictly on that island. (alabasta) (punk hazard)

to confirm this parallelisms....im still waiting for these things to happen:

1. luffy will invite the samurai man but the samurai man will decline the offer (vivi)
    2. smoker will back luffy up and luffy will help smoker
    3. strawhats will get a bounty raise like they did in alabasta
    4. luffy will recruit a female nakama ---jewelrey bonney?----*that would spark a big battle like nami and robin caused*after this arc (if we consider jinbei as a sure nakama)
    Last edited by beck26; March 23, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    About Magellan - it's clear he's one of the strongest guys there is. But he got beaten because M. Bison (Shiryuu, haha) had the antidote to his poison, and gave it Blackbeard's crew. Luffy has the antibodies now too, so I think he could fight him now. So I don't think anyone's saying he isn't really strong, just that we're not convinced the WG would make him an Admiral, that's all.
    The thing is the Blackbeard crew got lucky, in the sense that they were only exposed to one type of poison, otherwise if they had got the same treatment as Luffy there wouldn't be anything that Shiryuu could have done.

At least that is my understanding.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone ever thought of Smoker against Sanji, because of sanji fire attack thing(not a logia so don't know how to clearly explain it), which reminds me of the time when Ace fought with Smoker and he said something about their powers being opposites.

New Reply
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast