Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Captains

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Future Captains

Who do you think will become a captain in the future? I think Renji will eventually. Who do you think?
    The One True Soul Ruler

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future Captains

I don't think we'll have any new captains in the near future, actually we'll most likely not have any new captains at all. We're already in the final arc and I guess promotion to captain position happens only during times of peace and SS is in a state of emergency now. There're also no empty captain seats, even people like Love were left out.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

agreed,both renji,ikkaku and the others have to wait for the Vizards,in primis Love. Yet,if someone will join the 0th squad,the other vizards should take the role.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, Kubo said that he doesn't think that Hisagi and Kira are Captain material characters (I read the interview just recently), and we see that they haven't become cpts yet even tho Kubo might have gone that route. I also don't think Renji or Ikkaku are going to become Captains for dozens of years from now, but who knows. Currently there are no empty seats anyway, right?
    Maybe other Vizards, as people above me mentioned.
    I don't think Urahara and Yoruichi want that kind of life anymore, but maybe in the future when SS is in absolute need...

Oh yeah I think Rukia could become a Captain, but in a looooooot of years from now.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll be nice to see Ikkaku become one, his bankai is badass looking enough to qualify.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Junaid_Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Renji, Hisagi, and up until last week I would have said Kira
    Stand back, I'm going to try science

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say that among Vice Cpatains those who have the best fits to be come Captains in a long run are Ikkaku, Renji, Hisagi and maybe Yachiru as she already has insane Reiatsu, so in something like 100 years or maybe more she might become a real monster.
    Take in consideration that I suggested these people going by strength alone.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rikkaidai94's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that after the final fight with Aizen that a few of the visoreds get their captain positions back. I think that Ichigo would make a good captain, but that most likely isn't going to happen even though I bet some people would like to see Ichigo as one. I think it woudl be neat if Kisuke would get his captain position back even though he got kicked out of the Soul Society. I think Renji would make a good captain also
    *AkayaKiraharaIsAwesome*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkaidai94 View Post
    I know that after the final fight with Aizen that a few of the visoreds get their captain positions back. I think that Ichigo would make a good captain, but that most likely isn't going to happen even though I bet some people would like to see Ichigo as one. I think it woudl be neat if Kisuke would get his captain position back even though he got kicked out of the Soul Society. I think Renji would make a good captain also
    Actually a lot of indications is pointing towards Ichigo becoming the new head captain, or attaining a rank even higher.
    I know a lot of people claim Ichigo isn't smart enough, but this is a shounen manga, not reality... so yes, a.. what? 17 years old as new head captain or higher? xD

But it does seem likely given the current circumstances

If anything, I'm sure that he won't remain a shinigami representative forever, in fact, I'm 100% certain in my statement on that one. So if not a shinigami representative, then what?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing that is strange to me is that I believe that at least Yama and some old Captains should know that Ichi isn't human, but is actually at least half-Shinigami, thus he should be treated as a legitimate part of Soul Society and Gotei.
    About Ichi becoming a Captain... Yes, I believe he might become one as he passes both in terms of overall power and he also has Bankai. But for him becoming a new Captain Comander? No, I believe it's way too early for him. If Yama goes down, then the best choice is Shunsui both in terms of power and experience and also respect and leadership. Ichi not only lacks experience to become CC, but also lacks in terms of abilities and techs as he only uses his enhanced speed, physical power, enormous Reiatsu and Getsuga, while he doesn't have sword skills compared to other Captains (even with low tier Captains) and also doesn't know Kidou, thus having way lower control over his Reiatsu, so he can't show his real strength. We know that such things as Kidou, Shumpou and even simple sword slashes and Zan techs require good control over Reiatsu and the better control you have over it, the better quality of the Shinigami techs you get. If only Ichi had 25-30% better control over his Reiatsu... then he would have demolished most of his opponents even without his Bankai. That's why most of the top-tier Captains don't always need to be Reiatsu monsters to keep more or less with Reiatsu monsters like Ichi or Kenpachi.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see Ichigo becoming a captain and certainly not the commander. He's just a kid and is a human. He won't give up the rest of his life for this cause when he can just work on the side for them. He never wanted to be part of it in the beginning and Rukia kind of guilt him into it. And then after losing his powers for the fullbring arc he was perfectly happy until his friends became threaten and he was powerless to help them. That's all he's cared about, protecting his family and friends, and he doesn't need to be a captain to do that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that Renji's been juiced up on 'Mojo-jutsu' and passed the asauchi test, I am pretty sure he's going to be new captain of Kyouraku's old squad. I'd love to see Hiyori become his VC to kick his butt around a bit. That would be too fun.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm I'm thinking the visored Lisa would make a good one for Shunsui's former 8th Squad but other than her it would be nice to see the old visored vice captains progress to at least show a Bankai and become captains. I think Renji definitely will with his goal to surpass Byakuya and all and possibly Rukia and Yumichika eventually. One person I don't ever think will become a captain is Ikkaku. Not because he's not fit or unable to but because based on what we know of his character he may never leave Zaraki.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that with Shunsui as the new head captain, SS may actually allow even non shinigami to be a part of the Gotei 13. Ishida, Inuoe, Chad, even arrancars might have a chance as being a captain. Hopefully, the VR will wipe out the central 46 in order for this to be true.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Arrancars would be a stretch, but humans like Inoue or Chad would have an outsider's shot. That's still very difficult, though. The first thing to do would be to recruit the rest of Vaizards, and also taking back in Urahara, Yoruichi and Tessai.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast